KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Discover and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

amazing

May 19, 2022 - Unemployed
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits and everyone was amazing

Cons

n/a there wasn't anything bad about this company

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

I enjoy it

May 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy my job. I work remote and am not required to have my camera on during meetings. I have been lucky and had great managers during my time with discover. Discover has been good to me and giving me an opportunity like this to work in such a great position preferring my experience rather than my education. My schedule is pretty flexible for doctors appointments and such. I like that I’m treated as an adult. I have the option to work in office if I want to.

Cons

It’s a new position so training structure isn’t perfected yet. Time differences of other colleagues west coast times vs east coast times

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love Working here

May 12, 2022 - Work From Home Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

They actually make you feel like a person. They help you to succeed at whatever your doing, they have no point system, They make sure you are trained before you begin working.

Cons

They pay could be a little better, and the hours that I am working could be a little better.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to raise a family

May 5, 2022 - Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very low stress, extremely low bar for performance, minimal churn, and fantastic work life balance.

Cons

This is a terrible place to start your career because you will not learn much. Things move very slowly and there's not a lot of new ideas coming in. We are using 20-year-old technology and our leaders are advocating for the adoption of processes which have not been best practice for 15 years. Things move very slowly and there's no impetus for self-improvement because the bar is so low.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

was told to quit when my father passed.

Apr 16, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Newark, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only pro is the ability to work from home.

Cons

They say over and over again that they care about their employees.... Ill let you decide that! My father passed unexpectedly while I was one month into training. I went into work the next business day to speak with my manager on what my options were because I had to plan my fathers funeral. My manager was very short, rushed me because he was busy and said "call HR and provide proof of his death." Unfortunately, I couldn't take the rest of the day off. I contacted HR as instructed and found out I had no options, was told "you can quit and then reapply once your situation is handled when the position is available again." I had to make the decision of going to work or my father’s viewing. I sent my resignation email stating what HR said along with the requested obituary, like I was lying about his death. I doubt they even looked at it. Honestly, I am very traumatized by this.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Credit Card and Bank Operation Positions

May 2, 2022 - Sr. Manager, Operations in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was given many opportunities to build out new technology solutions. The people are what make the company. Had the opportunity to work in teams and to manage and help develop resources.

Cons

The office environment changed over to an open-concept less personalized space which made being on conference calls a distraction for the people around you. Also, booking private office spaces became somewhat burdensome. Meeting rooms were always at a premium. Used to be a loyalty-based company where you could spend the majority of your career however in the past 4-6 years seems many employees have to volunteer for early retirement.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

took care of me for 14 years

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Spent 14 years with discover. I stayed because i compared how much i was making and spending on healthcare. when i did this discover always came out ahead

Cons

low pay for position. Managers stuggle with communicating growth opportunities

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great relaxed and comfortable company

May 3, 2022 - Applications Engineer in Riverwoods, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely chill work environment which can be good or bad. You also have strong job security. Very flexible about WLB and working remote.

Cons

Slow development and growth in terms of tech stack. While they accept new tech, they are finance which is a less experimental and more proven method development cycle. You will be using cool and in market tools, but don’t expect to be contributing to developing new marketable tools. Average level of dependencies.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

May 19, 2022 - Customer Experience Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Work from home Generous PTO (4 weeks)

Cons

Pay isn’t competitive They are stuck in old ways Limited movement

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

It was okay

May 17, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good. Training was pretty good and dependent on who was on your team.

Cons

No clear directions after training. Never met new manager. Old software and hardware used. Systems would crash very frequently

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,152 Reviews

Discover Reviews FAQs

Discover has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 3,391 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Discover to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Discover employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Discover. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

73% of Discover employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Discover 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Discover to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Discover Job Seekers