Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

Very timely. HR Recruiter got back to me right away to set up a phone screen. She committed to getting me an answer in a two day timeframe and she did stick to that. Very impressed with feedback and promptness.

Customer Serivice Representative Interview

Interview

I just applied for the position online and I just received the invite for the iq test. Not sure of what will come next. I Will update once I receive a reply.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

It was an easy process. I received a phone call after submitting the application from one of the recruiters. She just asked me about my experience and gave me more information about the role. She then scheduled the second interview with the hiring manager a few days later. The second interview was also pretty seamless, just more questions about my retail background and my experiences with that. I received an offer after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you’ve had recently and how dealt with it.   Answer Question

Customer Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

I had an phone interview. Our connection kept going in and out. She asked alot of " describe a time when " questions. she said it would take 3-5 days to get back to me to see if i got the job or not. as soon as we hung up i got an email saying I wasnt right for the position.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

It was an onsite super day and there are 4round interviews with different groups of people. But all questions are about behavior questions. Not sure how they evaluate the answers.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in June 2020.

Interview

There are 6 rounds. HR will reach out first. Technical screening will be done in second round. There will be 4 rounds of 30 minutes each, two technical and two managerial round. They check behavioral and situation based skills. Technical person will be evaluating in depth.

Interview Questions

• Questions comes from your expertise but will be in depth. I was asked on SSL and TLS implementation in detail.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in May 2020.

Interview

The job description was misleading, the asked for a software engineer but were tricking people into accepting Dev-OPS positions with production support for a software developer role.
    I was given a verbal offer after 5 rounds of interviews on various days, but even after receiving the verbal offer I had HR set up an interview with the hiring manager to discuss what the expectations of the role are. She seemed cranky, and was unhappy about the questions and pulled back the offer after it was given.
    Be careful with this company, and I ask management to investigate this issue.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral, and some were technical about Docker, K8's, Python, AWS, Terraform   1 Answer

Campus Innovator Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discover (DeKalb, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

After passing an initial screening I spoke one on one with the technical lead to discuss my previous experience. There were no coding questions involved. Only thing is they aren't playing around they're GPA cutoff, anyone below is instantly removed from consideration.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficulty you encountered during a project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

It was smooth and regular interview process, but was cheated in terms of role term and level, and hopefully it can be made up later. People who did this should take his responsibility

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL).

Interview

Overall they seem like nice and smart people, and I didn't really have a bad experience, there was just one thing that left me with a bad taste in my mouth...

The engineering hiring manager told me he liked to build a diverse team, which did not seem to be the case based on everyone I talked to and saw walking around the engineering office. I would have been able to give an alternate perspective as he suggested. Regardless, as the interview concluded, he asked me if my parents worked at the company and implied that something like that was the only way someone like me would have gotten an engineering interview in the first place. I knew at that moment I was not going to get an offer.

I am not too qualified at this point in my young career but was proud of how I presented myself relative to my experience. I am not sure if the stereotype that seemed to be placed on me had anything to do with their decision, it very likely could not have been that way, but it's something to be mindful of.

Interview Questions

• Asking questions about the technologies listed on my resume. Some white-boarding.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was very long. It took about a total of 4 hours and you meet with all members of the team. However it was very laidback and felt more like a conversation