Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed a phone interview, then a month later visited the corporate office in Riverwoods, IL for an in-person interview. Discover offered to fly me & cover hotel since I was from out of town. I drove instead so they covered gas. Very nice of them and appreciated. The interview lasted 4 hours. Met a series of people from Director, to Supervisor, to Managers to the team from different departments. All were very nice. Questions were easy. They were more focused on describing to me what the job would be, and my experience in similar roles. The only issue was in logistics with the conference room HR has placed the interview in. The room I was supposed to be in was not available due to office renovation, so they had me in an impromptu room which made it a bit difficult for everyone else to find the right room I was in.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with PowerPoint?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to change management's mind.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to work with senior management on a past project.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discover (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and within a few days I got a call which was basically an phone interview. Then the next day I had a face to face to face interview which went pretty fast.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL).

Interview

typical interview - starting with HR recruiter, then with hiring manager and multiple key team members. It took few weeks to receive a phone call from recruiter notifying me that they offering me a job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover in April 2018.

Interview

I was referred to the job to a recruiter and applied online. I did a short phone screen with the recruiter, then 3 consecutive phone interviews with managing directors (behavioral). The whole process took about 2 weeks because it was so close to summer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you anticipated difficulty meeting an objective.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview then in-person interview then hiring manager interview. The recruiters are very helpful and want to understand what i was looking for. They actually found another job that fit my personality more than the one i originally applied for. I have quite a few friends that work at Discover and they say it is a good company.

Change Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Submitted as an employee referral and was contacted quick but it took more than a week to schedule a phone screen. The call started late and the Talent Acquisition Staff Member conducted a very poorly executed interview. Starting the interview out with what questions do you have about the role. Then was unable to answer any of the questions and when a response was provided it was not a confident response. Then the individual proceeded to indicate she needed to "check some boxes off" and proceeded to just ask a series of questions that clearly were intended to complete some form. Then asked very little about me or how my experience was related to to the role. Overall this was not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What questions fo you have about the role?   Answer Question
    • How many years of aggregate of experience do you have in continious improvement or six sigma lean do you have?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your employer? (asked for each employer listed on the resume)   Answer Question

OperationsProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

I talked with respresentatives at a college career fair and they followed up with me about applying. I had a brief phone call setting up my in person interview. After the interview I was asked for a second and final interview. The final interview was set up as a panel interview at their office and I was with 4 other candidates and 4 senior staff memebers. They were friendly and gave a chance for everyone to speak. They all seemed to love Discover and sold the culture.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

1. HR emailed general screening questions about salary expectations, work status etc.
    2. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
    -It went really well. We talked about the role and my background. He talked about team culture and I felt he was really easy going and he immediately said look out for an email regarding the next round
    --HR called the next day asking about availability for next week and said the interview format would be general behavioral questions as we provide packets to all the interviewers.
    3. On-site with 4 Managers(45 mins each) including Hiring Manager
    -1st with Hiring Manager, we picked up from last phone round and talked about general stuff. He asked simple behavioral questions. Very nice guy and seemed like you can really work in his team
    -2nd with Manager from Pred Analytics team. Worst possible human being you can ask for. He didn't care for format of the interview(which HR said we have strict policy for interviewers to follow). He was so rude throughout the 45 mins and never cared for any of my answer. Took out his phone while I was answering and solving a case.
    3rd with main Manager of the group. Again general behavioral questions and simple data mapping case on whiteboard. He had his poker face on so couldn't play off of his reactions.
    4th with Manager from Business side. He was a very humble guy and talked about early days of his career and how he came to Discover. Asked simple behavioral questions about conflict resolutions, work prioritization etc.

All in all the Hiring Manager and last interviewer were only positive in terms of their enthusiasm for working at Discover or that particular group.

Interview Questions

• Conflict resolution

Work Prioritization

Data Mapping Whiteboard case   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Had 1 telephonic, 4 face to face rounds in Illinois. First round - mix of resume, how pricing works in credit card industry and why Discover. Second - case and why discover. Third - Resume. Fourth - Resume, why Discover, professional qualities and instances

Interview Questions

• Credit card industry pricing   1 Answer

Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL).

Interview

referred by an employee, followed by a phone 30-min phone interview with hiring manager. Then 4 round for onsite interview, consisted by general behavior question, understanding of this role, case study and sql questions.

Interview Questions

• General questions: why discover, why this position, why credit card industry, strength, weakness, walk me through your resume, details about projects on resume.
      Case study + general sql question.   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round phone interview: got a call from a senior lawyer. She asked a few questions which I didn't anticipate. She was nice and easy to talk to. It takes a long time for them to get back to me with a negative news.