Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed a phone interview, then a month later visited the corporate office in Riverwoods, IL for an in-person interview. Discover offered to fly me & cover hotel since I was from out of town. I drove instead so they covered gas. Very nice of them and appreciated. The interview lasted 4 hours. Met a series of people from Director, to Supervisor, to Managers to the team from different departments. All were very nice. Questions were easy. They were more focused on describing to me what the job would be, and my experience in similar roles. The only issue was in logistics with the conference room HR has placed the interview in. The room I was supposed to be in was not available due to office renovation, so they had me in an impromptu room which made it a bit difficult for everyone else to find the right room I was in.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with PowerPoint?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to change management's mind.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to work with senior management on a past project.   Answer Question

Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL).

Interview

referred by an employee, followed by a phone 30-min phone interview with hiring manager. Then 4 round for onsite interview, consisted by general behavior question, understanding of this role, case study and sql questions.

Interview Questions

• General questions: why discover, why this position, why credit card industry, strength, weakness, walk me through your resume, details about projects on resume.
      Case study + general sql question.   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round phone interview: got a call from a senior lawyer. She asked a few questions which I didn't anticipate. She was nice and easy to talk to. It takes a long time for them to get back to me with a negative news.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Very streamlined process..was called in for the interview on site and entire schedule was prepared quite methodically. Hr did a brilliant job to explain company’s benefits and policies . There were six discussions with different members back to back.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL).

Interview

First round with recruiter followed by one telephonic round and four rounds onsite. Three technical and one behavioral round. Mostly case studies on credit strategy and SQL. Overall easy

Loan Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview , the assessment, then they set up a person to person interview with the hr recruiter, she asked about previous work experience, went over the job role, took a tour of the building, and came back and did a little excersise with 12 cards, laid them out and went over a couple, after that she set up an interview with the hiring manager, once I met with her, she went over the job again and then got to some questions after that she said the recruiter will give me a call in about a week.. still waiting, let a phone call and sent an email today. We shall see. Heard a couple things about discover not communicating well which is definitely not in their core values..

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were able to overcome an objection? And how?   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover (Columbus, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

Very professional yet low key. A good mix of standard interview questions and questions aimed at getting to know you as an individual. The interview was conducted by several key managers which i felt was a plus.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online for position, waited a few days, got a email, set up phone interview, within a few days did phone interview, then scheduled for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you fixed a mistake caused by another agent and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Both interviews did not seem to really show an interest in getting to know you but rather looking down at their pre-written sheet of questions and write whatever you say down. 2 behavioral interviews followed by 1 final technical interview after a lunch break. Technical interviewer was not prepared whatsoever and asked unrelated questions to my field.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did more than what was necessary and why?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Meet with someone before on campus, just to get to know you and ask about your resume. Then meet with three interviewers, 2 behavior, and 1 technical. Meet at their Riverwoods location, got tour of campus and had lunch to.

Consumer Banking Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

About yourself questions .
    Walk me through your resume ? Study and professional background ?
    Behavioral questions.
    How did you overcome challenges at work ?
    Any weakness ?
    Details about work profile, what changes you made?,how important were your contributions for your organization?

Interview Questions

• Previous Experience, challenge faced, important contribution made   Answer Question