Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed a phone interview, then a month later visited the corporate office in Riverwoods, IL for an in-person interview. Discover offered to fly me & cover hotel since I was from out of town. I drove instead so they covered gas. Very nice of them and appreciated. The interview lasted 4 hours. Met a series of people from Director, to Supervisor, to Managers to the team from different departments. All were very nice. Questions were easy. They were more focused on describing to me what the job would be, and my experience in similar roles. The only issue was in logistics with the conference room HR has placed the interview in. The room I was supposed to be in was not available due to office renovation, so they had me in an impromptu room which made it a bit difficult for everyone else to find the right room I was in.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with PowerPoint?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to change management's mind.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to work with senior management on a past project.   Answer Question

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (New Albany, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Process started off great. Applied online, contact by a recruited who appeared as though she was helpful. Scheduled an interview a week after applying and attended the interview at the New Albany, OH location. The interview was set for 3 separate interviews with different managers. Interviewers were pleasant enough, one was rather bland and clearly had no personality beyond reading the standard HR questions. After the interview I was asked to complete a writing sample. This was a narrative to summarize an Excel Pivot Table. The assignment seemed simple enough. A week later I received a no thanks email from the HR recruiter with no feedback. I emailed back asking for feedback as I felt I really fit well and the interviews went well. I noticed today that the position had been re posted to the career website. Having received no feedback, I feel disappointed and quite frankly annoyed because I took time off work to come and interview for an entire morning.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here? Why did you apply to Discover Financial?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL).

Interview

4 panel interview with managers on HR team. About 3 questions per person but they last about 45 minutes. A lot of behavioral and in depth questions. If you don't have experience in the field they will not hire you. Process to here back is long!

Change Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Due to living out of state, Discover flew me to Chicago/Riverwoods to interview. I had 4 interviews back to back. Everyone was very nice. While I did not get a tour of the campus, it seemed very nice. My last interview went until noon and my return flight home was booked for 2pm by Discover. While I made my flight, this was a very tight window and started feeling anxious about making it during my last interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work on an ambiguous problem   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

The HR recruiter emailed me with a set of questions, no phone call. Everything was done via email which I thought was odd. Once I received the job offer, she tried to low ball me, even though she was aware of what I wanted. I have heard some pretty awful things about the HR at Discover, especially the recruiters and the lack of talent they find. They need to beef up their HR department, people are fleeing left and right.

Interview Questions

• They have a set of HR questions, all situational based.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online and then got touched by the recruiter about 3 weeks later, got phone interview first round, basically went through the resume,talked about career goals, on site interview then after a week, get final decision 2 weeks later

Facilities Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

The interview was relatively stress free. It was conducted one on one with a senior manager and separately with a local manager. Questions were straightforward and I did not feel like I had to answer any trick questions.

Bank Communication Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

First I was called by a recruiter. They asked basic questions. I was set up to meet that recruiter for an in person interview. They went more in depth on the role and questions about myself and my past work experience. I was then set up to meet the hiring manager.. Had the interview and instead of meeting with the hiring manager they met me with a team lead. Was advised will hear back within 48 hours and never heard anything since. Didn't know this is a company that is okay with ghosting candidates.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (New Albany, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied mid-June, received a Callao it's a month to the day later. Recruiter was very nice and professional during screening. Received follow up a week later to do in-person interview. In-person was standard, scenario based questions. Job posting did differ from what they wanted, but I have no doubt I could do the job successfully.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think are required to be a successful Reporting Analyst?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a 3 part interview process, phone call then in person then another in person interview with the hiring manager. Everyone was nice so it went smoothly. After the 3 interviews I received a call offering a position, then I had another call reviewing my information and then I came back in site to make everything official.

Interview Questions

• What did you research about discover?   1 Answer

Linux Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

K. from HR reached out to me via Linkedin. She scheduled the initial phone screening (15 mins), and then asked me to email my resume if I decide to proceed. Couple days later I've replied back confirming my interest, but... since then 3 weeks of dead silence. Usually, this type of HR handling I would expect from headhunters and non-affiliated recruiters, but rarely get such unprofessional treatment from actual companies.

Gradually I've raised my standards for responding to job inquires and now reject most of them from the start. The HR and recruiters cohorts do not recognize the damage they causing to their own industry and profession.