Cover image for Discover

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Discover Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 839 of over 839 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Discover

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover in Sep 2022

Interview

Applied took pyrometrics exam a week later got a text to schedule a time to talk same day after initial interview later that day did a video interview and offered position at the end of call it didn’t feel like an interview just be yourself also listened to calls

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to problem solve Tell me about time had to deal with a difficult customer what do you say?
    Answer Question

Discover

Application

I interviewed at Discover

Interview

Scheduled my phone screen with one of the recruiters. Time came for it, and she never called. I emailed after 10 minutes and she still never called. Finally the next day I received an email reply saying she was traveling the day before. For some reason, she couldn’t be bothered to give me a heads up. But I was trying to be nice and rescheduled. She was late to that call by a couple minutes. Then said that I was a perfect fit and I would hear on Monday about the next interview. Got an email the next day saying they weren’t moving forward with my application. Pretty terrible experience all around.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

6d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

106.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Discover~13990
Join the conversation on

Discover

Application

I interviewed at Discover

Interview

Interview was great and I thought went smoothly but I did not get the job. The person interviewing me was trying to ask questions to figure out my age without asking so I think I was aged out.

Interview Questions
  • What year did I obtain this or that
1 person found this interview helpful

Discover

Application

I interviewed at Discover

Interview

The interview process was alright until the very end when the recruiters in the fraud department dropped the ball. I applied for a fraud analyst position and was immediately contacted by a recruiter during business hours via email to set up an interview. After four hours passed from when the recruiter first initially sent me an email--I couldn't respond right away since I was working my other job-- they called me to setup the interview. During the interview process, I received two such calls. After five interviews--making it to the final round--I received an auto rejection email. Not receiving an offer is fine, but if a candidate has put in the time for five interviews you don't let them know they didn't get the role by an auto rejection email. You either call them to let them know--which clearly they can do--or you send them an email. Again, the recruiters assigned to the fraud department aren't very classy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Discover

Application

I interviewed at Discover

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, HR is the first round, hiring mgr as second round, the last round is panel interview with 3-4 interviewers. The total process is about ~1 month long

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2022

Interview

Two interviews before you get an update from being hired . The second interview is video. If they like u enough they will hire on spot. The interview lasts about 45 minutes to a hour.

Interview Questions
  • Background questions and scenarios. You also have to read disclosures to exact word

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (London, England) in Oct 2022

Interview

After application then contacted by internal recruiter for 30 - 45 mins. After this was virtual interview with team lead. After successfully completing this you may or may not move forward depending on how the team lead personally feels about you. (It may have nothing to do with your performance in the aforementioned interviews)

Interview Questions
  • TwoSum problem and then random questions regarding your knowledge about whatever technologies the particular team you are interviewing with uses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Santa Barbara, CA) in Oct 2022

Interview

I applied online and was emailed by the Lead Talent Acquisition Recruiter asking me a series of questions. I answered them and got back to her a mere couple of hours later. I didn't hear back so I followed up again a week later. Ghosted. The market is tough. Be cognizant of your candidates' time. If something's not aligned, at least get back to them with regrets. Be a human being.

Interview Questions
  • -- Why are you interested in joining Discover? -- Where are you currently located? Are you looking for remote, hybrid, or in office positions? -- Do you now or in the future require sponsorship for full time employment? -- What are your salary expectations? -- If you were to receive an offer, when would you be able to start a new role?

Discover

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover in Oct 2022

Interview

I applied and was given a call later in the afternoon for a brief phone interview. Scheduled a 2nd interview for the following few days. The interview was extensive and personable. The hiring manager had a genuine passion for the company and was curious about my perspective in addition to my skill set.

Interview Questions
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your readiness to join the team?

Discover

Application

I interviewed at Discover

Interview

Fun, easy all over the phone. Recruiter was very nice. We spoke over teams after the initial interview. I did not have to turn on camera. I just want to use this site.

Interview Questions
  • Explain your work ethics? Will you be available for all shifts?

Discover

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Discover

Interview

Multiple interviews for internal position, interviewed with two different business units, questions were broad and not really related to the position tasks. It seems like for many positions the candidates are already decided and the interview processes are just to satisfy HR requirements of a larger applicant pool. Will continue to seek advise from peers on how to move forward.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision to support your business ?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 839 Interviews

Discover Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Discover as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.71 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Account Manager and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Customer Service Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Discover takes an average of 21 days when considering 891 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 8 days), whereas Project Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Discover according to 891 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 22.52%

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Discover? Share Your Experiences

Discover Careers

Cover image for Discover

Work for a company you can feel good about. In 1986, we introduced our cash rewards credit card. It was innovative based on one simple, yet...More

• ALL ABOUT YOU
  • OUR CULTURE
  • YOUR EDUCATION

Company Updates

95 days ago

Company News
Discover was recently Certified™ by Great Place to Work®. The recognition is based entirely employee feedback from their experience working at Discover. Discover thrives when our employees feel included and valued in their team and the broader organization. Read more on our Discover blog: https://bit.ly/3CAw0Vp
Shared image

112 days ago

Community
Take a first glance of Discover’s grand opening of the Chatham Customer Care Center, which includes the 13,000 square foot Shine Bright Community Center. The Community Center features a multi-purpose, multi-room, and multi-generational space that will be used for meetings and events for both Discover and CBOs, schools, business and professional associations, and other entities. The community space will also feature rotating art from local South Side artists. https://lnkd.in/eZ55tdDQ
Shared image

Discover Photos

+ Add Photo
Discover photo of: We have fun!
Discover photo of: As a Senior Manager in Fraud Prevention, Fatma loves using mathematics to catch bad actors.
Discover photo of: Analytics workshop at the 606 office.
Discover photo of: Discover is bursting with PRIDE. Flags flying high at all our locations during PRIDE month.
Discover photo of: We are collaborators!
Discover photo of: Discover gives back.
Discover photo of: Discover + AWS: Advanced Analytics