Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed a phone interview, then a month later visited the corporate office in Riverwoods, IL for an in-person interview. Discover offered to fly me & cover hotel since I was from out of town. I drove instead so they covered gas. Very nice of them and appreciated. The interview lasted 4 hours. Met a series of people from Director, to Supervisor, to Managers to the team from different departments. All were very nice. Questions were easy. They were more focused on describing to me what the job would be, and my experience in similar roles. The only issue was in logistics with the conference room HR has placed the interview in. The room I was supposed to be in was not available due to office renovation, so they had me in an impromptu room which made it a bit difficult for everyone else to find the right room I was in.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with PowerPoint?   2 Answers
    • Describe a time you've had to change management's mind.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to work with senior management on a past project.   Answer Question

Contract Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Had several interviews. Individual running department is not qualified to run a creative department. They never called or gave update if the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• What's your design philosophy? She asks this question of all candidates.   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Wilmington, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and director. They both were extremely pleasant. They gave me a good overview of the expectations of the position.
    This position is relatively new and may change as they work to define what's best for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current role?   1 Answer

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2008.

Interview

I was hired 15 years ago I'm not sure of the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

HR Interview - The 1st step was a initial screening by the HR. Very general questions, nothing specific. Simple and nice. I was then scheduled for a phone interview about 2-3 days later
    Phone Interview - The phone interview was with the Management. General behavioural questions ..nothing technical.
    Face to face interview - After about a 1 week got a call for a face to face interview. Lot of technical questions specific to the job I had applied. Got a call after 1 week that I was hired !
    Tip: Be confident and prepare for the interview. Definitely helps...

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions ..overall was a simple interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

One phone interview with the hiring manager and one onsite interview with 5 people, including the project manager, senior manager and director.

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in January 2007.

Interview

The on-site interview took me about 6 hours and consists of 6 different interviews.
    I had two VP interviews from different departments. After VP interviews, there were one case interview and one skillset interview.

Associate Interview

Interview

phone interview with hiring manager (sr. manager) and then another phone interview with manager

Interview Questions

• if you are going to open a store, what should you consider in your plan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and a day of final interviews on-site

Interview Questions

Negotiation

little negotiation available at entry level

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL).

Interview

Applied online, and the hiring manager contacted me directly. First round was a 40 mins phone interview focusing on my background and the job descriptions. Second round was a 3-hr onsite interview with 4 people. They asked very detailed SAS questions, I mean you have to answer them with the exact SAS codes and some behavioral questions as well. I think it's not that hard if you are prepared.

Interview Questions

• How does credit card company make money?
      General behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate it since it is an entry level position.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Applied for the job and HR called me within several weeks. The following took place:

An HR recruiter interviewed me over the phone and after he deemed me "fit for the job" he passed my resume onto the hiring manager.

HR called me back and I was brought in for interviews (Riverwoods, IL). They have two buildings connected to one another. HR is in building 2, which is where I parked. I walked in and an Admin from the group walked me in. We had to walk to building 1, which took about 5 minutes.

They put me in a room on the lower level where there was water, soda and snacks. I interviewed with 3 people from the team and then the fourth interview was with HR.

I was called less than a week later to come back in and meet the Sr. Manager. I met with him once and he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay grades are broad and they overlap. In Riverwoods, the pay grades for an exempt position are roughly:

5 - Associate
    6 - Sr. Associate / Project Manager
    7 - Project Manager
    8 - Manager
    9 - Sr. Manager

There is a low, mid and high range on the pay grades. If you get hired on the low end, you are usually stuck on the low end each time you get promoted. Negotiate at the time of hire and make sure you are at least at the mid to high end of your pay scale.