Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed a phone interview, then a month later visited the corporate office in Riverwoods, IL for an in-person interview. Discover offered to fly me & cover hotel since I was from out of town. I drove instead so they covered gas. Very nice of them and appreciated. The interview lasted 4 hours. Met a series of people from Director, to Supervisor, to Managers to the team from different departments. All were very nice. Questions were easy. They were more focused on describing to me what the job would be, and my experience in similar roles. The only issue was in logistics with the conference room HR has placed the interview in. The room I was supposed to be in was not available due to office renovation, so they had me in an impromptu room which made it a bit difficult for everyone else to find the right room I was in.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with PowerPoint?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to change management's mind.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've had to work with senior management on a past project.   Answer Question

Consumer Banking Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

I applied online through my university. I had an interview on campus. We went over my resume then did a case study and then there was time for questions. Heard back 2 days later.

Consumer Banking Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

About yourself questions .
    Walk me through your resume ? Study and professional background ?
    Behavioral questions.
    How did you overcome challenges at work ?
    Any weakness ?
    Details about work profile, what changes you made?,how important were your contributions for your organization?

Interview Questions

• Previous Experience, challenge faced, important contribution made   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

I had an on-campus 30-minute behavioral interview in October -- very casual. Then I was invited to the Riverwoods campus in November where I had two 30 minute behavioral interviews.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview on 10/2. In person interview on 10/4 and second interview on 10/5. Received an offer of employment on 10/10. Both of the people I interviewed with were very personable. Which made the interviews seem like conversations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

Went to open house interview session then had my second interview that went very well. They asked me about an assessment test that we did seemed to go pretty well. Waiting for my outcome

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, 2 in person interviews with a job offer from hiring manager. Filled out initial paperwork online. Came into office did a drug screen and fingerprints sent to the FBI. Must pass background that goes all the way back to birth and drugscreen.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and met with recruiters at my school's career fair. I heard back ~2 weeks later for an interview. It was overall a pretty basic interview with behavioral questions and nothing too specific, very open ended. The interview was ~30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a problem and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Senior HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, followed by a phone screen with the Hiring Manager. This is the second time Discover has reached out to me through LinkedIn for vacancies within their organization. I am highly disappointed by the lack of professionalism of their hiring team.

Interview Questions

• What is the most rewarding part of your job?   1 Answer

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (New Albany, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Process started off great. Applied online, contact by a recruited who appeared as though she was helpful. Scheduled an interview a week after applying and attended the interview at the New Albany, OH location. The interview was set for 3 separate interviews with different managers. Interviewers were pleasant enough, one was rather bland and clearly had no personality beyond reading the standard HR questions. After the interview I was asked to complete a writing sample. This was a narrative to summarize an Excel Pivot Table. The assignment seemed simple enough. A week later I received a no thanks email from the HR recruiter with no feedback. I emailed back asking for feedback as I felt I really fit well and the interviews went well. I noticed today that the position had been re posted to the career website. Having received no feedback, I feel disappointed and quite frankly annoyed because I took time off work to come and interview for an entire morning.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here? Why did you apply to Discover Financial?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the HR person asked for some basic information (such as what was my current salary), and then my interview was setup.

I interviewed with four different people. One of the managers seemed concerned that these AML compliance jobs would be automated away, so I would suggest not mentioning anything about technology. The two of the other managers seemed fine. They were just asking me straightforward questions that you could answer if you ever worked in the industry before.

The Senior Manager really came a crossed as the biggest jerk I've ever met. He was literally belittling and demeaning me right after he walked into the room based on what he thought of the school I went to. Good luck dealing with him.

The next step is a simple writing assessment.