Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discover Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.7

Consumer BankingProgram Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Submit resume and cover letter for review process.
    Receive email to have initial phone interview for the program. Usually around 30 minutes and takes place with one of the hiring managers. More about fleshing out your resume
    Receive email to have second phone interview with an account associate. Usually around 30 minutes and is more in depth about position and industry knowledge. There is less time for you to ask questions about the company.
    Receive invite to "Superday" which consists of networking dinner and numerous interviews. The interviews are one on one and there are around 5-6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Discover? What stands out about this program? How do your previous experiences make you an asset to this program?   Answer Question

Fraud Prevention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

The interview was different than typical personality assessments. They had you put personal attributes in order from strongest to weakest on premade cards that they had. They also asked you a list of normal interview questions in scenario form. They then talked about your schedule, benefits and when you would be expected to work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Simple and direct. Applied on a Tuesday and hired the next week. Hiring team were a group group of people, very personable and very upbeat, made me feel like I meant to be there. At no point was I worried or felt like I was being played with. I really admired the transparency behind it all.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important qualities in an employer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Discover in January 2017.

Interview

Everything went pretty smoothly. I applied online on a Monday and had an offer by Thursday. Can't beat that. I applied online Monday and received a call a few hours later to set up a phone interview for Tuesday and to take an assessment before hand which wasn't long. Took a half an hour. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and went over experience and a few questions. That went well and set up an in person interview the next day. In person interview was with the phone recruiter and someone else in hr. They were both very friendly and started out with a tour of the building and go over the company culture. Then they took me into a room and started the interview. It was your standard interview, name me a time and discuss your resume type questions. Last thing they did was have me sort cards with traits on them and you had to put them into 3 rows. Basically your top traits in first two and 2 traits you need to work on in the third row. She then picked out a few traits and I had to explain why on them. They wrapped the interview and at least tried to get a hiring manager in the department to interview me but they were busy. I had to be scheduled the next day for that interview but it was only half hour and she was very nice and easy going. Before I got home they already called with an offer and didn't waste any time. I really appreciated that. Only negative thing I have to say is both interviews were 10 minutes late and that I had to come back for the second interview but all in all they don't mess around with getting you an answer and they're very friendly, polite and try to sell you on working for Discover as much as you try to sell yourself to hire you.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

I participated in the marketing job shadow program before recruiting season so I knew that Discover was a company that I would love to work with. The first round interview was held on campus and lasted for 30 minutes. It was mostly behavioral. My interviewer was not very personal; she asked questions from a long worksheet, took notes, and moved on after each question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with large amounts of data.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back within 2 days. The recruiter went over the position and the general day-to-day tasks. Asked about my experience. Quoted a hourly pay rate. Scheduled a in person interview for a week later. Went in, had a 1:1 interview. Asked me questions about what I like/dislike(d) about my current and previous jobs. Had a set of cards, had to rank the descriptions on the cards and align them to my own strengths and weaknesses (I.E, Professionalism, Adaptability, Fast learned ,etc.) Went over the position in more depth. The office environments. Etc. Was told I will receive a phone call/email. Currently waiting.

Student Loan Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

Discover takes applications online. If they like your application then they will set up a phone interview where they ask you questions about your work experience. If they like the phone interview your called into a personal interview. They ask general questions about previous work and ask how you would handle certain situations you may encounter on the job. To be honest, discover has been hurting for employees lately so as long as your background check isn't too bad and you can speak English at at 2ND grade level you will get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied on their website, had a phone interview that was mainly just behavioral questions and asking my excel proficiency. I heard back within a week, went on site for my second round, which consisted of three 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral questions and going over my resume. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Interviewed on campus and received a followup interview. It began with a presentation and then lead into a campus tour. There were 4 interviews, 3 behavioral and situational and 1 technical interview. Overall a great experience - learned a great deal about the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral - Asked typical behavioral questions. They were mostly focused on the way you answered more than what you answered. The interview was very formal. Did not go past 30 minutes and the interviewer was calm and patient.

Interview Questions

• Explain a problem you encountered and how you overcame it?   Answer Question