Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The Interview process took about 4 weeks. Got a call from HR, then interviewed with a hiring manager. Final interview was in person and involved a research assessment. the entire process was very straight forward. HR and the team were very friendly and applying to the position was a very positive experience.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Simple Phone interview and then on site interview at NY

Interview Questions

• Random question about anything they want to ask. I was asked about C++ and python even though i was interviewing for Java developer.   Answer Question

Better offer and better work place

Java Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was really simple 1 phone interview followed my face to face interview
    They asked very basic OO concepts in the telephonic interview
    face to face interview was more coding related and case specific with some white board coding.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected in fact is was much easier than expected.   Answer Question

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Entire process took about 6 weeks, had hr interview then dept manager, they asked many questions. Very nice and down to earth people. Be patients I got a call few weeks later when I applied I didn't even remember that I applied for that position. Even after the interview I had to call HR to follow up. It's a union place so ask lots of questions before accepting the job.

Application Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

describing the hiring and interview process - asked a lot of technical questions by group of people during two hours technical interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

They require a video submission, an essay, and multiple interviews. Be prepared to put effort into your application. This is not a position that you can submit your resume and tweak a generic cover letter for. The actual interview questions are pretty standard, but it takes a while to get to that point.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about you that separates you from the other applicants?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got contacted 3 months after my application. Had 2 rounds of interviews, both on the phone. Normal interview questions, mostly about resume and behavioural. Pretty conversational, it was great.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews, answered some questions about myself and why I was interested in the job. Very relaxed interviewers. Also had to submit a powerpoint or video talking about research.

Interview Questions

• What superpower would you want and why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website, created a powerpoint, as well as submitted a resume, cover letter and short essay. Heard back 3 months later and had a phone interview with HR. Was asked back for a Skype interview with manager of department I applied into. Third round interview over Skype with two executives.

Interview Questions

• How many people are eating pizza in Italy right now? Break down how you could calculate this   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at Dow Jones in March 2010.

Interview

Easy scheduling. Included one phone screen and in-person with 5-6 individuals. It was 4-5 hours process where I was asked to explain my previous project with some white boarding and architecture details.

Interview Questions

• Failures in your previous project and how you handled it   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Quite standard- talked to a recruiter over phone and interviewed with managers over skype (was abroad then) after a week. No tricky or behavioral questions, just "tell me about yourself" questions along with resume specific clarifications. Received an offer about a week after and accepted it.