Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2018

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

I went to the New York headquarters to have an onsite interview. It was a good experience, the front desk is very helpful. My interview had two rounds. The second round makes me do a math problem, which I solved in 5 minutes.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in January 2018.

Interview

Got a initial call from the HR and later was scheduled for a call with the Manager. The Manager did not ask me anything in regards to the job and seemed pissed. Was not ready to even know my background and asked me question which were not relevant. The manager went on to insult me further. Did not expect such a behavior from a company like Dow Jones.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Jones in December 2017.

Interview

I had a few basic questions about operating system concepts, framing queries and algorithm questions. The interviewer contacted me through email and scheduled a phone interview within a week.

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

This was third time I was asked to come in for an interview. Met with two professionals, standard interview questions. Then took 90 minute research test. Then silence, three times I was told position was put on hold. Very unprofessional way to conduct hiring. I don’t understand what they were trying to accomplish. I was asked back the second time because I interviewed so highly according to HR professional.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Avoid this company if you can. First interview went well. I met with two managers and got a mix of basic technical questions about APIs and web development as well as some typical behavioral questions. They were really nice people and I thought the interview went quite well.

About a month later I got an email from a recruiter explaining how the team gave "very positive feedback" on my interview and asked to schedule some time to talk on the phone. I gave a range of time I could talk, and the recruiter said she would call the following morning. I let my work know I would be coming in late so I could talk with the recruiter, but I never received a call. I was disappointed that I was stood up and missed a few hours of work, but people make mistakes so I brushed it off and politely emailed the recruiter back asking if she could call me at another time. A day later, she emailed me back saying she will call the following week. Once again, I received no call which just wasted more of my time. By this point I completely lost interest in this company. It is very rude and unprofessional to schedule a call and not follow through. The recruiter had not communicated back ever since, not even an apology for the first time she didn't call.

I would recommend to stay away from unorganized companies like this if you have the choice. You will be bound to run into problems in the future.

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was very smooth and took over a month which includes 4 rounds of interview and rolling out offer letter. I did all the rounds of interview over phone and webex which was pretty simple and flexible.

Interview Questions

• On my previous experience and basic questions around information security best practices.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Initially, I had a positive interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter a couple weeks after I applied to the position online. I had an initial screening interview with the recruiter & he forwarded my information over to the actual team that I was applying for. After about a week & a half, he told me that the team was interested in meeting with me in person. I met in person with two members of the team on a Monday & the interview went well. I was then contacted again by the recruiter the next day & he informed me that they wanted me to come back in the office on that Friday. I came in & met with the director and another associate on the team. This interview was a bit longer & in-depth. They asked more skill/personality-based questions. I sent a thank you e-mail to the recruiter and the director after meeting with them (as I had throughout the entire process) & never received any type of response or feedback. It is now almost two months later & I am at a new job, but I think it's very rude and unprofessional to meet someone in person multiple times and not even let them know whether or not they got the position --- especially because their communication with me was initially consistent.

Content Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

It was a brief phone conversation with HR to go over the job requirements and what's involved.

Moving from that stage, there was a phone interview with the manager and director of the content group. This stage involves going over the resume in depth, and the main points of the job. With questions from both sides, it lasted from 30-45 minutes.

Afterward, there was an in person interview with the manager and director again. This was a very in depth but natural conversation about previous work experiences with questions covering various scenarios. Lasted about 1-1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced a failure in your previous job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

I found the job posting online. Submitted my information. Got an automated response saying they received the application and a recruiter would reach out should their be a match.

Got a call a few days later asking why the interest in the role. Got scheduled for an in person interview at the office. Spoke with two supervisors and the Head of Global Customer Service.

Received a call from HR a few days later and advised they wanted to make and offer and to check my email for the paperwork that needed to be filled. From application to offer letter, the process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      Tell us about a time you disagreed with your direct report?
      What do you know about our products?
      What was the best customer service experience you have personally had?
      Tell us about a time you made a bad judgment call?   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone call with someone in HR that lasted about 10 minutes, and was fairly simple. Then I had a second call with someone in the department, which was also straightforward. She asked me about my background and what interested me in the position. Then she said that she would like to schedule an in-person interview in the next week. I went in one week later, and the interview lasted about two hours, 1.5 hours for a research and writing test, and .5 hours of interviewing with 2 people. It was straightforward. I haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a different opinion than a co-worker.   Answer Question