DuPont Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DuPont Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Five people were part of the interview, using STAR process. It was like a round-robin of questions from one person to the next. There were very specific questions asked and if answers weren't satisfactorily answered, then there were follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were:

- Give a specific example of a project that failed and how you handled it.
      - Provide an example of an ethical conflict.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Varies by jobs. Location is good.
    Have to know the subject of matter very well. Interview varies depending on the specific jobs.
    Chemists are very competitive.
    Some jobs are easy. some are challenging.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Reasonable, friendly, laid back, phone interview, then in person interview with 3 different people. Then site interview. On boarding process was poor. It took several months for them to locate a job for me after I receive the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Behavior type of questions. Very typical interview quesruins.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont in April 2017.

Interview

First received an email saying I might be a qualified candidate but needed to take an online screening which consisted of a data entry typing test, some critical reasoning/logic questions, and some situational questions. A few days later, I received an email saying I had passed the test and they would schedule an interview within a few weeks. About a week later the hiring manager called and scheduled an interview. The interview consisted of a 6-person panel and had both technical and non-technical questions. I heard back within a week with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How does an HPLC work?
      How do you make a 1% solution of hydrochloric acid?
      What would you do if two different supervisors needed lab results immediately?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by on-site interview by large panel. The people were friendly. The questions were standard behavioral questions with the STAR format for responses. There were probably 20 questions. Questions were scripted, but interviewers often asked other questions that were probing and insightful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to have a difficult conversation with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online. They invited me on interview three weeks later. There were three innterviewers. All with high ranks. These are the people I was supposed to work. It was tightness in the air

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manati, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DuPont (Manati, PR) in October 2016.

Interview

3 members (Including the Global Supply Chain Manager) were seated with a checklist during the whole interview asking questions. Felt pretty confident during the process. It was "interesting" hearing the "that's a good answer" along all the meeting.

Interview Questions

• How do yo manage "Gray Areas"   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

As an intern, I was asked to apply for a full time position. I flew to Wilmington for the interview, and was interviewed by three separate people for one hour each, plus 45 minutes for lunch with one of the interviewers. Mostly asking behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most technically difficult problem you were faced with in your prior school or work and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

The interview process took a few weeks. I applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview the following week. The interviewer was nice and friendly, but the questions were situational and a lot of required business knowledge that I didn't have. She seemed to be understanding and liked that I tried to answer the questions in ways that related to what I have learned in school or in previous work experiences,

Fermentation Process Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

This was a phone interview with three others on the other line. It was only 30 minutes but they had questions for me to answer that were straight from my resume which was nice. They also briefly described the position to me and explained the training process.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you mean on your resume - "the ability to work under pressure".   Answer Question