DynCorp International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, and I was told I'd get a supervisor position most likely. I was offered a position that same night, and sent a welcome packet. Since I was in Iraq, I had to return to the US for a few days while my clearance was processed. I then went to Ft. Worth to process. Processing wasn't bad, as it was quick and DI put me up in the Marriott hotel. After completion of processing, which included a perfunctory physical exam, I was shipped off to Afghanistan.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked.   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Interview

Sign up online to the company website with resume application and cover letter. Interview process is performed en-masse at hotel or convention center at conclusion of contracts. drop off hard copy of resume, only 5 min interviews as it is more groups at the same time and entered into data base for possible employment.

Interview Questions

• What is your expereince on such and such airframe?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. Governmnt contracts are take it or leave it affairs

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview

very brief. I did not go through a normal process. When I went to the unemployment agency, here in MD, i was asked what kind of work did I do while I was in the military. I told them I was an aircraft mechanic and three days later I had a job at Patuxent NAS

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview

There was no interview. After applying, I was later contacted by phone and told I got the job. After 5 years here, I still have yet to meet the lady who called me. I don't even know where she works. Everyone I know didn't go through an interview. They love military, but I know of 4 employees out of 500 that have no military experience. I was former military.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Interview

I obtained this position via internal transfer from a different location of the same program. The interview process was brief since it only detailed some general aircraft knowledge with what i was to expect if the transfer was to be granted at that time. Overall painless.

Negotiation

Painless. As expected.

Anonymous Employee in Andrews AFB, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Andrews AFB, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and the hiring manager was very thorough in his questions and explanation of expectations and requirements for the position. After the interview the manager Introduced me the different departments and gave me short tour of all of the facilities.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with both the Operations Group I would be supporting and the Contracts group. They were interested in my evaluating my ability to have successful relationships with groups I would be working with and ability to work without subordinate support.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work independently while communicating to leaders.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very successful. I made my requests and they were all accepted.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Wheeling, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I was called about the resume I submitted. We set up a time to be interviewed over the phone by my future supervisor who was the reporting section leader. We talked about my military experiences, where I had been stationed and what positions I held. My supervisor was former Navy and I was former Air Force, but we both were intelligence analysts and did somewhat similar jobs. The interview was probably 10-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How much reporting experience do you have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't know I could negotiate, so I took first offer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

When I was scouting DI as a potential employer, I found that I liked the company's values. That was one of the things that attracted me to the company. My interview process was short. I only had one phone and one face-to-face interview. Prior employment experience put me on a short list of candidates. My interview was conducted by a Jr. VP and my hiring manager, as well as an HR representative who seemed to be keeping the interview questions on a certain tack.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" is the bane of my existence in an interview, and it was no different here. I prepare for this question with every interview, and it's still always the hardest thing to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was fixed, so no negotiation took place.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Brief and straightforward. The interview only lasted about 15 minutes. I was well qualified for the job. There were not too many of the "coined" vague interview questions that can be so difficult to get through. It was a good interview with a positive outcome at the end. I worked for the company for many years.

Interview Questions

• examples in dealing with a stressful situation.   1 Answer