Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 209 of over 209 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2019

Interview

First, a phone screen by the inhouse recruiter, then followed by another phone screening by the hiring manager. None were technical. The third round was an inhouse interviewed by multiple groups of people. There were developers asking problem solving questions, managers asking behavioral quesions.

Interview Questions
  • Given 2 jugs, one is 3 quarts and the other is 5 quarts. Find a way to end up with 4 quarts of water.
    2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2021

Interview

Prior to my interview, I would like to point out that I was recruited! This was very refreshing. I had an initial call with the recruiter, which was scheduled almost immediately. The conversation was an open dialogue and it was very informative. I ended the call feeling confident about the company and the hiring process. This was a two-interview hiring process (one introductory call, then a final interview with a hiring manager). Other logistics companies that I applied for were much more complicated, so I appreciated how concise this was. The final interview went well, it lasted for approximately 30-minutes, and it covered pretty much everything I would expect a thorough interview to cover. The hiring manager treated my kindly and respectfully. He also answered all of my questions with as much detail as I wanted. After it concluded, I was very sure that I was going to get the job. After I received my declination letter, which only took a matter of days to get back, I contacted my recruiter soon after to get some additional feedback. I was very enlightened to find out there was another position available that he really thought I should interview for ASAP. I am currently waiting to complete that interview. To end, I would like to note that the communication between the hiring staff has made me feel like this is an amazing place to work and that if one job isn't a perfect that there definitely other opportunities that they would love to consider you for. If you are passionate about logistics and starting a new career, I believe this may be the place for you.

Interview Questions
  • Please explain why you want to pursue sales?
  • What experience do you have with sales? And can you mention a time that you gave a client or customer excellent customer service?

Echo Global Logistics

Application

I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview

Casual virtual interview. The guy was very straightforward and described the role in detail. He also mentioned the cons of the job and I appreciated his honesty. The starting salary was very low so it turned out to not be a good fit, but the interview process was positive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Echo Global Logistics

Application

I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview

Phone interview w/ hr - than follow up with a manager. 1st very preliminary 2nd more in depth. Explained more about the job and pay structure also. Mapped out training as well

Interview Questions
  • One that stood out was what is your motivation to work.

Echo Global Logistics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in Feb 2021

Interview

The recruiter hang up directly after I said my expectation. She should quit her job if she hates her job so much since the candidate could smell it through the phone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2021

Interview

Submitted a resume through their Workday web portal and within a few hours an internal recruiter contacted me via email to schedule a 30 minute phone screen interview at the end of the month. I noticed it is an occurring trend in the logistics industry where former account managers migrate to an HR role designated to fill open positions. This recruiter was extremely friendly asking simple questions that opened up an interactive conversation about work history, qualifications, and goals to achieve. In addition to the job requirements and salary, I learned about potential work-from-home procedures, the number of new sales hires in a given "class", and the upcoming start date. Along with passing a second, final second interview with a hiring manager, I had to pass an online personality assessment. Towards the end of the phone screen the recruiter made a gratifying statement, "I have a lot of respect for individuals who are self-employed that are seeking new careers. You seem like a good fit for sales." Compared to interviews with other logistics companies for a similar position, this recruiter left the best impression. Also, he was more open and honest. Passed the assessment with flying colors and a second interview was scheduled two weeks later. Due to COVID-19, all office employees are working remotely from home thus this interview had to be done through Microsoft Teams. Day of the interview arrives and I dressed in full suit attire hoping for some type of similar presence on the other end. I noticed the employee was running a few minutes late but I was more struck by his choice of attire: a black, plain t-shirt along with a trucker mesh cap. Without introducing himself he said, "Hi there,I want to make this a positive conversation and feel free to interrupt me if any questions pop up. Let's start with your current role," as if he was in a hurry. For the record, this was my third attempt to get hired as a carrier sales representative thus I had noticed a familiarity of questions reminiscent of prior interviews. Everything flowed well until I asked, "Industry peers average between 40-50% gross margins in the last 3 years, Echo is between 15-20%. How does this work to the advantage of the company?" After five minutes of circling around the question, he continued to ramble on for an answer. He could have simply replied with, "I don't know." I felt a bit humored that despite having a solid work history with Echo Global Logistics this person was clueless about the company's financials. Sadly, this may have contributed towards receiving a rejection email two days later that read, "We appreciate your interest and enjoyed interviewing with you. We have decided to pursue other candidates that fit the background of the position." I should mention Echo Global Logistics is a newly formed company still trying to break ground in a super competitive industry. For young job candidates seeking a new career in sales with no previous experience, this job will assist getting your feet wet. On the other hand, if you have solid sales experience in another industry, it may not be a good fit. Perhaps changing directions and having the courage to start an entirely new career may be the best option.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your typical workday? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? Tell me about your work history. Give me an aerial view of what Echo Global Logistics does.

Echo Global Logistics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. They responded promptly with a phone interview. From there, I was able to set up and in person interview where I met with several managers. It took several weeks for them to get back to me with a decision, when the recruiter said they would contact me by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize your tasks? How do you stay organized?

Echo Global Logistics

Application

I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview

Due to Covid was over the phone. Guy was super nice and respectful and answered any questions. Would have been nice to have had face to face interview to be able to gage reactions and feel more personable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Detroit, MI) in Oct 2020

Interview

Contacted by company recruiter, followed by a Zoom interview with 2 managers who didn’t even try to act like they were interested in the interview. Very unprofessional interview. The first manager didn’t even turn his video on for the interview and I had to stare at a black screen.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in Sep 2020

Interview

My interview started with a 30 minute phone call getting my background and a few standard questions. I was invited then to do a zoom interview but declined due to the interviewer seeming disinterested.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an upset customer

Echo Global Logistics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview

Pretty easy and straight forward process. The recruiters operate quick and are very informative. I applied for a couple jobs and after my first phone interview i was recommended for a different department within sales that better suited my work experience.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 209 Interviews