Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Probably the worst hiring experience I've ever experienced. Echo should honestly be ashamed of themselves...

I went through a 2 month process. Yes, you read that right. TWO MONTHS of back and forth communication with HR and phone interviews. I went through 6-7 phone interviews and a video interview with various departments. Was told I was being considered for many positions and they were just trying to find out where I would best fit. Turns out the Systems Automation Engineer was what they thought I would best be suited for given my experience and technical skills. Great, that's the position that most interested me given the other possibilities.

The time comes to discuss starting pay and they offer $58,000...for a position in downtown Chicago. Almost $20,000 below the national average salary for this position. When I told them that I needed at least a minimum of $75,000 (which I had also told HR was my minimum salary on the FIRST phone interview) for the city they acted like that number was just insane to ask for. HR said they'd call me back to discuss and it's now been a week and a half with no call. They ghosted me after low balling me. Stay classy, Echo.

I think I have figured out Echo's employment strategy: They pride their young and exciting culture - They prey on new graduates that are too young and naive to know anything better. If I had to guess I'd say their turnover is through the roof. Look at the salaries for all other positions. $30k to work in downtown Chicago, what??? Echo is a joke.

A $2 billion company that can't afford to pay market value for a position and ghosts people that ask for what they're worth? PASS!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through my University. I had a phone call that was very relaxed. She gave a rundown of the company, role, salary etc. I went into the office and shadowed a Sales Rep for 30 minutes then followed by an interview with four of the sales managers there which was a little intimidating because they were all throwing questions at me. I knew right away they didn't think I would be a good fit and was walked out by one of the managers following the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced an objection and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview. Then there is an in person interview at their corporate office where you shadow someone for about an hour. It's a pretty easy process.

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the HR rep contacted me within a few days (about 1-2 days). Very laid back phone interview. The HR rep walked me through the company and asked a few questions about my work history and if I would be interested in a face-to-face interview, which was set up within 2 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then I had to go into the office to shadow someone for an hour then interviewed with two managers at the same time. Pretty long interview 2.5 hours total. I found it distracting that one of the managers was rolling his eyes and acting like he wasn't interested in anything I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What's the biggest risk you ever took?
      How do balance work/school?   Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

Mar 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for interviewing with Echo and taking the time to provide some feedback! We encourage you to reach out to your recruiter if you feel as if you had a negative experience interviewing. We are... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on a weekend. Was asked about phone interview availability on Monday. At end of phone interview arranged for the in-person interview for the following Monday. Met with three different people and got a very helpful opportunity to shadow the position and got a much better understanding of what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• How did you get interested in the industry? (not exactly unexpected, but important for company to understand)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (New York, NY).

Interview

Three step interview. Phone interview first, the in person, then someone in headquarters. You speak to recruiting, your branch manager, and someone usually higher up in recruiting or management.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Quick interview process. Did a phone interview and an in-person interview in the same week. Phone interview took the standard amount of time (30sih min). Interview at their office took a couple of hours. Everyone that works there was super cool and easy to talk to. Sat with a total of 4 different people, individually.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

i was with a company that Echo acquired so there was no interview. But i have seen many people go through the interview process. Before you interview you shadow another sales rep for a while then you have a one on one with the managers. At least that is how it is at this branch.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

After the phone screen, I was told that the HR coordinator would contact me to set-up a face to face interview. I didn't hear from the coordinator until a couple days later. She asked availablity, and I responded immediately. Radio silence until mid afternoon the day before the interview was supposed to be scheduled. I am currenly working, and they should know that candidates that have a job need to provide their current employers a bit of notice to take some time off.

The day of the interview, I was early. My name was not provided to security so I was unable to enter. I stood at the front desk for a good 5 minutes, when the security guard tells me to call up to the office so they can put my name of the list. I do as instructed, and the receptionist tells me she has to confirm my interview first. I stood at the security desk for another 10 mins or so before I was allowed up.

I met with 3 indivduals, they all seemed friendly, however the first individual I met with seemed more interested in what was going on the other side of the glass behind me. She really didn't seem too interested in anything I had to say. At the end of it all, I felt I did well, regardless of everything leading up to the interview. I was provided the business card of the 1st individual I met with, no one else's. As a courtesy, I sent a thank you email to that individual, thanking them for their time, and expressing my interest in the position and asking about next steps. It's been about a week, and not even an acknolwedgment to my email. This is not good practice. You can lose a lot of great candidates by having the wrong people in these types of positions, also, to have such a robust recruiting department, the process should be very streamlined, and clearly it is not. I am very disappointed in the manner this whole interview process was handled, and will not likely accept a position here, even if it was offered at this point.

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked were very routine. Nothing difficult or unexpected to report.   Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and positive interview experience and we apologize you left with a negative perception. During your interview, we... More