Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Detailed and amazing evaluation . The process required interviews with 3 people. The decision Is based on close look at your qualifications. It was time consuming but I know decision is made very carefully.

Interview Questions

• Why you feel you are good for the position?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring experience began when a friend of mine who had been working for Echo for about a year suggested that I give him my resume, as I was (am) looking for a new job. He took my resume and gave it to the hiring coordinator, who reached out to me via email to set up a phone interview. Had the first phone interview, aced it, and got called in for a second and final interview. I met with multiple managers of different departments within the company, as well as the hiring coordinator. They finished the interview and said that they would call me back when they had an answer as to whether I would be hired or not. I was not hired.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was an initial phone screening followed by an in office interview and a 30 minute job shadow. The phone screening was very relaxed. It was more of an info session

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Watsonville, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

We had an open conversation about the trucking industry and my on the job experience. Scenarios thrown out for discussion on how I would handle and what steps would I take to be successful. I was asked general questions on my lifestyle, activities, involvements and direction for personal goals. It was open and casual.

Interview Questions

• How confident am I in my skills and understanding of legalities   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on a weekend. Was asked about phone interview availability on Monday. At end of phone interview arranged for the in-person interview for the following Monday. Met with three different people and got a very helpful opportunity to shadow the position and got a much better understanding of what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• How did you get interested in the industry? (not exactly unexpected, but important for company to understand)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview. Then there is an in person interview at their corporate office where you shadow someone for about an hour. It's a pretty easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty Straight forward interview:
     1 phone interview lasting about half an hour
    1 in person interview lasting a little over an hour when you had to come into the office, just have to talk about who you are and what you want to do at the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Scheduled time slots for an interview and never received a follow up. Looked up some reviews from various sites concerning the company and it seemed a bit weird, like it wasn't a real company with real opportunities.

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2013.

Interview

Contacted by in-house recruiter on Linked-In regarding a Senior .Net Developer Position, and had a screen interview. Called back and spoke to head of recruiting department. After a few days, I was told I didn't have enough experience for the position, as I expected, and they would keep in touch. A month later I get contacted again to see if I was interested in a "mid-range position" since they had a hard time filling the Senior role. I agree and the next week, I had a in-person meeting with a Senior Developer, a Applications Manager, and 2nd level managers.

1st part was technical, with a guy asking things like "What kinds of joins are there?" and "What is the difference between an abstract and an interface?", basic .Net questions. This went fine, since it was easy and he seemed pretty relaxed about it.

2nd part was "culture" I am guessing, because the person I spoke too had a BA background. I was just asked basic questions about my previous jobs, favorite project, issues I have had, and so forth.

3rd was the only part I was iffy on, as it was just a discussion, which involved me having to explain my thought process on projects I had worked on, and to point out why I should have gone other routes, possible issues with that implementation, and so forth. Only thing I noticed is that he kept looking at his watch the whole interview, but he could have had a meeting. Other than that, I thought it went well.

4th part was just odd, as it was another second level manager who didn't make eye contact with me, only reading things off my resume and taking notes. It was awkward, but I saw no issue with anything I said during the process. At the end, he shook my hand, and made eye contact, for what seemed like a good 5-7 seconds, which I have to admit, through me off.

That was the onsite process, I get called the next week letting me know they didn't want to move forward and make me an offer, because I didn't go into enough detail and didn't seem to be strong enough technically for the position. Conversation finished with they would be in touch if anything else came up, because they thought "I was a great guy!"

Thinking about it now, I think what did me in was a mix of the technical and 3rd part of the interview. I could have gone into deeper details with the technical questions instead of giving stock answers, maybe talking about effect of idea or what have you, more or less I should have relayed my knowledge better.

I still think they were looking for a Senior type person (I have about 4 years of experience), but couldn't find one cheap enough, so they were hoping to get lucky with a senior level developer making less money somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you have done with WCF   1 Answer

.NET Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

First contacted by internal recruitment agency staffed on site. Given advice by recruiters to wear a suit, and prompt interview. Two interviews followed. First was technical, second was a meeting with more of a manager.

The first interview was done by a typical Microsoft technical guy who asked relatively easy questions which gradually got a little more difficult until they were unanswerable. Second interview was with his boss, who had no real questions of me, but seemed to want me to tapdance or do something else to impress him or make him feel important. He had not even looked at my resume before I had arrived. I got dressed up, as requested, and took a day off from my current job to be there, but they were not prepared to interview me, and seemed relatively disinterested in the whole thing from the start. He had a surprisingly negative attitude about their business and seemed to expect me to have ideas on how to improve their processes, which is hard since their business is relatively new, and I have had no exposure to it.

I was cold contacted by their recruiters on LinkedIn, so I was not actively seeking a job, just somewhat curious about their environment. Sales people there are packed together in big rooms like sardines. I was told programmers have even less space. I was not told anything with regard to what they were looking for... I think they might have disliked me, personally, from the very beginning because there was not much conversation on their end. I'm a relatively large guy, and it might be that I would not have fit into their tiny spaces.

I usually do not perform well in interviews, I'm a software developer, and this was no exception. But I feel that these interviews were more like practice on their part (they also were not good communicators) and it was unlikely they were going to hire anyone at that time anyway.

Interview Questions

• Lots of off-putting statements by second interviewer like, "What do you got for me?" and "you got a thing for startups?"   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Standard behavioral questions. More geared towards customer service. Much of the hiring for anything outside commission based positions is done internally. Name your strengths and weaknesses. Why do you want to work here? What motivates you? Why are you good for this position? Sometimes an excel test may be given. IT positions may have a completely different style for interviewing. Process is usually 1-2 interviews and offer the next week.