Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.5

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the HR rep contacted me within a few days (about 1-2 days). Very laid back phone interview. The HR rep walked me through the company and asked a few questions about my work history and if I would be interested in a face-to-face interview, which was set up within 2 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then I had to go into the office to shadow someone for an hour then interviewed with two managers at the same time. Pretty long interview 2.5 hours total. I found it distracting that one of the managers was rolling his eyes and acting like he wasn't interested in anything I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What's the biggest risk you ever took?
      How do balance work/school?
      Answer Question

Mar 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for interviewing with Echo and taking the time to provide some feedback! We encourage you to reach out to your recruiter if you feel as if you had a negative experience interviewing. We are ... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on a weekend. Was asked about phone interview availability on Monday. At end of phone interview arranged for the in-person interview for the following Monday. Met with three different people and got a very helpful opportunity to shadow the position and got a much better understanding of what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• How did you get interested in the industry? (not exactly unexpected, but important for company to understand)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (New York, NY).

Interview

Three step interview. Phone interview first, the in person, then someone in headquarters. You speak to recruiting, your branch manager, and someone usually higher up in recruiting or management.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Quick interview process. Did a phone interview and an in-person interview in the same week. Phone interview took the standard amount of time (30sih min). Interview at their office took a couple of hours. Everyone that works there was super cool and easy to talk to. Sat with a total of 4 different people, individually.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

i was with a company that Echo acquired so there was no interview. But i have seen many people go through the interview process. Before you interview you shadow another sales rep for a while then you have a one on one with the managers. At least that is how it is at this branch.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

After the phone screen, I was told that the HR coordinator would contact me to set-up a face to face interview. I didn't hear from the coordinator until a couple days later. She asked availablity, and I responded immediately. Radio silence until mid afternoon the day before the interview was supposed to be scheduled. I am currenly working, and they should know that candidates that have a job need to provide their current employers a bit of notice to take some time off.

The day of the interview, I was early. My name was not provided to security so I was unable to enter. I stood at the front desk for a good 5 minutes, when the security guard tells me to call up to the office so they can put my name of the list. I do as instructed, and the receptionist tells me she has to confirm my interview first. I stood at the security desk for another 10 mins or so before I was allowed up.

I met with 3 indivduals, they all seemed friendly, however the first individual I met with seemed more interested in what was going on the other side of the glass behind me. She really didn't seem too interested in anything I had to say. At the end of it all, I felt I did well, regardless of everything leading up to the interview. I was provided the business card of the 1st individual I met with, no one else's. As a courtesy, I sent a thank you email to that individual, thanking them for their time, and expressing my interest in the position and asking about next steps. It's been about a week, and not even an acknolwedgment to my email. This is not good practice. You can lose a lot of great candidates by having the wrong people in these types of positions, also, to have such a robust recruiting department, the process should be very streamlined, and clearly it is not. I am very disappointed in the manner this whole interview process was handled, and will not likely accept a position here, even if it was offered at this point.

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked were very routine. Nothing difficult or unexpected to report.   Answer Question

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and positive interview experience and we apologize you left with a negative perception. During your interview, we ... More

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week.
    The recruiter called and it seemed like a horrible phone connection. There was a delay on phone, how does that happen!?
    The recruiter seemed bored right off the bat. Lots of 'yeah' 'ok great'. Pair that with the delay, total disaster.
    It's difficult to sell yourself when you don't know exactly if the person is still waiting for your response or just not responding.
    I got a lot of 'oh, I don't know' answers to my questions at the end of the interview.
    Wasn't surprised that I didn't move on to the next stage.
    Disappointing.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

3 step process, starts with recruiter which is basic 30 minute interview, then you visit branch or hq and shadow for an hour before having an hour interview with the managers. Then if necessary another interview with someone higher. Easy interview, nice people.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are happy that you had a positive interview experience with our sales team. Your opinion is important to us, and we are lucky to have you as a part of the Echo team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

This company's Nashville location has absolutely no respect for the applicant's time. It is run so flippantly and in the manner of a startup that professionalism is a bit too much to ask for. There is no diversity and the men are rude and pompous. I was called back to interview for an account executive position after another position I interviewed for 2 months ago did not work out. Their recruiter reached out to me. Shockingly enough, I was put through a really awful process where they harped on the fact that they wanted to hire an internal employee. So why am I here? Why am I wasting money on parking that you don't validate and spending 1.5 hours (3.0 hours of my life spent in their interview process overall) interviewing for a job I'm not going to get? I was really taken aback when the interviewer asked me why I had bothered interviewing for the other position 2 months ago, indicating I was just haphazardly interviewing for jobs. If you did your prep before my interview, maybe you would have remembered the extremely valid point I made. It's very rude to throw that at an applicant who gave you 3 vulnerably real and legitimate reasons they were considering a role outside their field.
    After $30 wasted on parking overall, 3 hours spent in their process overall, I don't hear back from the recruiter. The recruiter who specially reached out to me never contacts me back. All I gotta say is BYE. My experience with you guys was horrible. My dad was actively interviewing for an engineering position with Echo and he pulled out of the process. You guys are so unprincipled and I'm shocked you are still up and running so dreadfully given that there is another global logistics company in your very building.

Interview Questions

• Why did you interview for that job if you think this job would be a better fit? What are some challenges you've faced in giving negative feedback?   Answer Question

May 23, 2016

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear you had a negative experience in our Nashville office. As a recruiting team we work hard to create a positive interview experience across all of our ... More