EchoStar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO).

Interview

Review experience, education, and goals for job. After quick HR phone screening, talk to hiring manager twice before invitation for a face to face with management team.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of using PM tools. Describe how you handle a problem employee   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Basic, nothing complicated interview , just know which position you are applying for and you should be good Like if c++ then know basics of c++ and be ready to know common problems

Embedded Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EchoStar in December 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview process asking about basic C, OS, Networking. Asked about resume, projects. Interviewer was in hurry. What is the deference between a semaphore and a mutex

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Initial HR followed by onsite interview with the individual team members. Once the interview is clear they ask for SAT type math, English and problem solving questions. The process took 1 month to complete. References will be needed along with Drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a difference in the organization   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EchoStar in October 2016.

Interview

Got engaged in a phone interview. The guy was going through my resume on the phone, asking me some random questions about java. He also asked me about how multithreading and priorities work in java. Stuff like what will you do if you stuck in a program ? What steps will you take to debug?

Interview Questions

• variable types in java and the difference between them. private, public..etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Cheyenne, WY) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screening: very general, about where I had worked, what I had done there, projects I was involved, etc.
    2. Technical Phone Interview: after 2 weeks, technical questions (OOP, language paradigms, design patterns, OOP pillars, etc).
    3. Personality Assessment and general problem solving: after 4 days, online survey about personality traits (the most boring thing I've done for a company), and some hard and time-limited problems (3 minutes each). The problems were like "if person A arrives to work before B, C arrives before D, and D arrives before B, then which of the following is not possible ...."
    4. On-site interview: after 7 more days, very nice people, nice facilities, and I got to know a lot about satellite technology on the tour. They had a whiteboard where I programmed pseudocode, they made a requirement and I designed and implemented it, then they kept elaborating on the requirement over and over. Also some questions about my CV.
    5. Request for references: after 4 more days, I got an email asking for work references before sending the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• They gave me software design questions, and they kept changing the requirements to see how I managed that.   1 Answer

Curating and Mapping Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EchoStar (Superior, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was an employee at the company. They then contacted me via email to set up a phone interview which I completed and was hired.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (American Fork, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

First there was an initial phone interview with an internal recruiter. She went through all of my work history asking the standard questions about how my experience it fit with the position I am being interviewed for. Usually there is another phone interview with the hiring manager however I was recommended to move on to a face to face which was scheduled with in a week of speaking with her. They had me take a personality test and a logic test. Nothing too hard however you need to dedicated at least 1 hour to finish it.

The second interview had multiple rounds and lasted several hours. It started with a 15 minute interview with the hiring manager. Next was a panel interview with several team members. There were questions about my experience, how I would handle several situations and questions about me and my personality.

I was called back to a third interview where I met several more members where it was more of the same. Questions about my experience, how I would handle several situations and questions about me and my personality. Lastly I met with an executive who asked me about how to create a project plan, then from that project plan how to estimate the tasks, then how to manage the project.

Over all the interview process was not difficult however I get the feeling they are looking for people who are willing to work more than 40 hours, willing to work for below average pay, and accept below than average benefits. I did not get offered the the position because they have a policy that everyone in the interview process must unanimously choose the candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the situation when one executive has a project you are working on and they suddenly switch projects on you.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Typical Interview - very friendly. It was with the department manager and a supervisor for the position I applied for. Although it took five months to find out if I had the job

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background and skills - the interview was in 2001 so I do not remember specifics   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I sat in with a group of four other engineers for about an hour and a half. The team all took turns asking questions about the experiences I listed in my resume and my knowledge on abstract data structures such as the heap and the stack. They also asked me about my knowledge in C, including evaluating a macro. Following that, they gave me some sample code written in C and asked me to see what was wrong with the code. There was one whiteboarding problem at the end.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that would reverse the characters of a char array.   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between the volatile and the const keywords?   Answer Question