EchoStar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EchoStar Interview Questions

2.7

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

Odd interview process. Initial screen was an online IQ test which took approx 2 hours to complete. Although I was interviewing for a management position, I suspect they probably administer this same test to everyone from call center employees to directors. Second interview was a technical phone screen which start with a series of basic programming skills questions, but after it became clear I was competent, mostly turned into a what projects have you worked on discussion. Onsite interview consisted of another IQ test, followed by a panel interview with a senior manager and two first line "managers" who probably would not have qualified as team leads in previous companies I had worked. HR contacts had declined to discuss reporting structure or salary range prior to the interview, but it became clear early in the interview that we had a disconnect on seniority level. They also distributed their benefits package to me, which indicated they covered 50% of the employees health insurance, provided up to a 2% 401k match, and no bonuses, stock options, or comp time.

Good luck guys.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you might consider when designing a database?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO) in November 2008.

Interview

I was called for an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 2 engineers for the Software Engineering position. I was asked some puzzle type question, eg. If there are 13 identical looking balls, and all except for one weigh the same, how will you tell which one? I was also asked some basic C programming questions. Mostly data structures and thread related.

Interview Questions

• After the interviewers introduced themselves, they asked me to repeat their names.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

Interview

as far as I know, basically there will be at least 3 round of interviews. In the first round, you will be interviewed by HR. Just very simply background questions about yourself, your experiences etc. The second round phone interview will come from engineer. You will be asked very foundamental technical questions. The third round will be on-site. A group of engineers will interview you technical stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EchoStar in March 2015.

Interview

Echostar came to our university. Did a small interview there asked a programing question, I wrote the code then they asked me to apply on some specific requisition numbers. Applied and got call for telephonic interview. The same person took my interview the one met in career fair, Interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Basic java questions(oops, collections etc) and MySql questions, then 1 coding question (Simple) and few mySql queries to write from given tables.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Applied through college and Got a 1 hour long phone interview. Average technical questions in Java, DBMS, Linux. Was told they would get back to me in a couple days. Got a reject after 2 weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar in December 2014.

Interview

Received a very short call from hr asking very basic questions, no technical questions and I doubt the interviewer would have understood anything anyways. I assume she was looking for keywords, was told I would get a call back the next week and never heard from them again. I am appalled at how unprofessional the whole thing was, seriously the least they could at least provide a polite rejection! I will not be applying to this company again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EchoStar (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The whole interview was a little more than an hour. First, discussed about projects and experience. Then lots of technical questions. I was asked questions about database, linux, network, object oriented design, web service, one coding question, and 3 sql quesy questions. The coding question is to find top two numbers in an array without sort.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Met in career fair. They did screening there asked a simple string manipulation question. Then telephonic interview after 2 weeks. It was technical and took 1 hour. Then got the offer in 3 days. The technical interview was fairly easy. They again asked a string manipulation question which they wanted me to write in Java. Then some sql and linux questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EchoStar in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview,

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EchoStar in October 2016.

Interview

Got engaged in a phone interview. The guy was going through my resume on the phone, asking me some random questions about java. He also asked me about how multithreading and priorities work in java. Stuff like what will you do if you stuck in a program ? What steps will you take to debug?

Interview Questions

• variable types in java and the difference between them. private, public..etc   Answer Question