EchoStar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EchoStar Interview Questions

Interviews at EchoStar

2.7

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

The interview process has been really fast efficient. It started with a first call and then an on site interview with all the members of team. Good environment, great people and nice conversation. They offered me also the lunch and I really appreciate that.

Interview Questions

• Background and career history. Description of a critical situation at work. Project and time management approach.   Answer Question

Director, Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EchoStar in July 2019.

Interview

Terrible interview process by a very boring and inexperienced vice president. Asked inappropriate questions and showed no experience in digital. Was late to the call and did not have a very good understanding of how to interview?

Spacecraft Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Laramie, WY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was selected for a phone interview. About a week after the phone interview, I was asked to do an in-person interview. No technical questions were asked but it took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to see yourself working in ten years?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO).

Interview

Review experience, education, and goals for job. After quick HR phone screening, talk to hiring manager twice before invitation for a face to face with management team.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of using PM tools. Describe how you handle a problem employee   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Basic, nothing complicated interview , just know which position you are applying for and you should be good Like if c++ then know basics of c++ and be ready to know common problems

Embedded Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EchoStar in December 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview process asking about basic C, OS, Networking. Asked about resume, projects. Interviewer was in hurry. What is the deference between a semaphore and a mutex

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Initial HR followed by onsite interview with the individual team members. Once the interview is clear they ask for SAT type math, English and problem solving questions. The process took 1 month to complete. References will be needed along with Drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a difference in the organization   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EchoStar in October 2016.

Interview

Got engaged in a phone interview. The guy was going through my resume on the phone, asking me some random questions about java. He also asked me about how multithreading and priorities work in java. Stuff like what will you do if you stuck in a program ? What steps will you take to debug?

Interview Questions

• variable types in java and the difference between them. private, public..etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Cheyenne, WY) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screening: very general, about where I had worked, what I had done there, projects I was involved, etc.
    2. Technical Phone Interview: after 2 weeks, technical questions (OOP, language paradigms, design patterns, OOP pillars, etc).
    3. Personality Assessment and general problem solving: after 4 days, online survey about personality traits (the most boring thing I've done for a company), and some hard and time-limited problems (3 minutes each). The problems were like "if person A arrives to work before B, C arrives before D, and D arrives before B, then which of the following is not possible ...."
    4. On-site interview: after 7 more days, very nice people, nice facilities, and I got to know a lot about satellite technology on the tour. They had a whiteboard where I programmed pseudocode, they made a requirement and I designed and implemented it, then they kept elaborating on the requirement over and over. Also some questions about my CV.
    5. Request for references: after 4 more days, I got an email asking for work references before sending the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• They gave me software design questions, and they kept changing the requirements to see how I managed that.   1 Answer

Curating and Mapping Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EchoStar (Superior, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was an employee at the company. They then contacted me via email to set up a phone interview which I completed and was hired.