Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essilor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.7

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Lengthy. Too many interviews. They take very long to make a decision and if it is not you, there is no follow up. Essilor has no basis on what they need. The job description does not reflect the position you will be doing.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (East Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Long but worth it. Thorough interview process. If you are serious about joining the Essilor group they do their proper vetting and it does take awhile to go through their candidates but absolutely worth it in the end.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Farmers Branch, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Entire interview process was not well managed. This may be partially caused by HR and partially within Finance. Interviewers were late and not prepared. Questions were mostly basic, except for excel usage and capabilities.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dudley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Dudley, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was contacted for an interview a couple months later. I had a 2 hour phone interview followed by a 4 hour in person interview. Asked general interview questions and about background and knowledge of the field.

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

This process was entirely too long and honestly somewhat absurd. It started with a phone screen with an outside recruiter, moved to a video interview through a platform called HireVue, then to a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a phone interview with her boss, then a Gallup assessment for personality/ sales process acumen, and THEN would have moved to an in person interview (and honestly, who knows how many) had I not been offered and accepted another job. Overall poor communication and far too labor intensive of a process for the OTE and limited upside potential of this company.

Interview Questions

• All very rote- basic sales interview questions.

Tell me about how you manage your territory?
      Describe a time when you were able to expand sales within an existing account
      How do you prospect?
      What does your initial appointment with a prospect look like?   Answer Question

Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Phone screening by HR recruiter; 2.Hiring manager on site interview; 3. One on-site interview with hiring manager peer 4. Three on-site business leader interviews; 5. Panel interview by peers.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict between company departments?   Answer Question

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied directly on the Essilor company website. Was contacted within a week to set up a phone interview with HR. Phone interview was followed by an in person interview with the team a week later.

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor in March 2017.

Interview

It took 14+ days after I applied for anyone to contact me. And the only reason I was contacted was because I sent an email directly to a C level person. The recruiter I spoke with was not prepared. She did not even read my resume and asked the same question repeatedly. This person said they would send me their contact information and it took 48+ hours to do that. She also could not answer any of the questions I asked. Seemed annoyed to be interviewing me

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with insurance companies   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Essilor in March 2017.

Interview

I attended an event in Detroit , Sales Network. I was able to meet with a manager who referred me to apply on the company website. Then, I was referred to the District Manager for a phone screen. Unfortunately I was told that I did not have experience for the sales position, they required at least 6 months to 1 year of sales experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the difference between sales and marketing?
      2. Tell me about a difficult situation that you've been in and how you handled it?   Answer Question

GM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Essilor (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Toured the lab. Talked to the current management. Talked to senior management and hired on the spot. Written offer was received in three days. Very flexible on start date.