Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.7

Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Phone screening by HR recruiter; 2.Hiring manager on site interview; 3. One on-site interview with hiring manager peer 4. Three on-site business leader interviews; 5. Panel interview by peers.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict between company departments?   Answer Question

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied directly on the Essilor company website. Was contacted within a week to set up a phone interview with HR. Phone interview was followed by an in person interview with the team a week later.

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor in March 2017.

Interview

It took 14+ days after I applied for anyone to contact me. And the only reason I was contacted was because I sent an email directly to a C level person. The recruiter I spoke with was not prepared. She did not even read my resume and asked the same question repeatedly. This person said they would send me their contact information and it took 48+ hours to do that. She also could not answer any of the questions I asked. Seemed annoyed to be interviewing me

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with insurance companies   1 Answer

GM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Essilor (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Toured the lab. Talked to the current management. Talked to senior management and hired on the spot. Written offer was received in three days. Very flexible on start date.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Honolulu, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

1 online recorded interview, 1 phone interview, 2 face to face, 1 role play, online sales and personality assessments, Met with hiring manager and local lab manager, spoke on phone with rep who supports the local sales rep. ultimately did not get the offer because they hired someone with industry experience. Overall it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about how you would meet challenges, give examples of a difficult situation that you encountered...   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen went great. Onsite interview was with potential colleague and potential boss in 1:1 settings. Colleague was great, asked good questions and interacted, provided good insight to the role. Potential boss did not care to be there. Was late to the interview, maybe asked two questions and in general did not care to meet with me. Almost asked why we were even there as she obviously did not want to be. Advice, make sure everyone is on board with meeting candidates, otherwise it's just a waste of time for the candidate and the employees.

Interview Questions

• General questions; Tell me about yourself? Provide me an example of a time you had to deal with___?   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Just asked about background and interests. What I hope to achieve doing such an internship and where I would see myself in the future. Basically questions that are asked for internships

Human Resources Designate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

HR is a mess, bad communication and they make you interview with multiple people asking the same questions over and over. 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. They also use personality tests for some reason which are not job related.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Two Interviews: Applied through University job posting. Two Interviews: Behavioral and Functional. Straightforward and relaxed. The interviewers were mid level managers that were working at the company. No specific HR interview.

Successful Interview
    Accepted offer
    Positive experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a Marketing program that you were impressed with   1 Answer

Diversity and Inclusion Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and received a call about the position. Was sent personality test and excel skills test. Was sent the wrong test that was extremely advanced for the position and not as stated by recruiter. Sent proper test and once everything was completed no word from recruiter after trying to find out status.

Interview Questions

• What is your diversity and inclusion experience?
      How would you increase diversity?
      Are you familiar with Microsoft office?
      Answer Question