Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.7

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

This process was entirely too long and honestly somewhat absurd. It started with a phone screen with an outside recruiter, moved to a video interview through a platform called HireVue, then to a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a phone interview with her boss, then a Gallup assessment for personality/ sales process acumen, and THEN would have moved to an in person interview (and honestly, who knows how many) had I not been offered and accepted another job. Overall poor communication and far too labor intensive of a process for the OTE and limited upside potential of this company.

Interview Questions

• All very rote- basic sales interview questions.

Tell me about how you manage your territory?
      Describe a time when you were able to expand sales within an existing account
      How do you prospect?
      What does your initial appointment with a prospect look like?   Answer Question

Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Phone screening by HR recruiter; 2.Hiring manager on site interview; 3. One on-site interview with hiring manager peer 4. Three on-site business leader interviews; 5. Panel interview by peers.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict between company departments?   Answer Question

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied directly on the Essilor company website. Was contacted within a week to set up a phone interview with HR. Phone interview was followed by an in person interview with the team a week later.

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor in March 2017.

Interview

It took 14+ days after I applied for anyone to contact me. And the only reason I was contacted was because I sent an email directly to a C level person. The recruiter I spoke with was not prepared. She did not even read my resume and asked the same question repeatedly. This person said they would send me their contact information and it took 48+ hours to do that. She also could not answer any of the questions I asked. Seemed annoyed to be interviewing me

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with insurance companies   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Essilor in March 2017.

Interview

I attended an event in Detroit , Sales Network. I was able to meet with a manager who referred me to apply on the company website. Then, I was referred to the District Manager for a phone screen. Unfortunately I was told that I did not have experience for the sales position, they required at least 6 months to 1 year of sales experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the difference between sales and marketing?
      2. Tell me about a difficult situation that you've been in and how you handled it?   Answer Question

GM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Essilor (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Toured the lab. Talked to the current management. Talked to senior management and hired on the spot. Written offer was received in three days. Very flexible on start date.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Honolulu, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

1 online recorded interview, 1 phone interview, 2 face to face, 1 role play, online sales and personality assessments, Met with hiring manager and local lab manager, spoke on phone with rep who supports the local sales rep. ultimately did not get the offer because they hired someone with industry experience. Overall it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about how you would meet challenges, give examples of a difficult situation that you encountered...   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen went great. Onsite interview was with potential colleague and potential boss in 1:1 settings. Colleague was great, asked good questions and interacted, provided good insight to the role. Potential boss did not care to be there. Was late to the interview, maybe asked two questions and in general did not care to meet with me. Almost asked why we were even there as she obviously did not want to be. Advice, make sure everyone is on board with meeting candidates, otherwise it's just a waste of time for the candidate and the employees.

Interview Questions

• General questions; Tell me about yourself? Provide me an example of a time you had to deal with___?   Answer Question

Admin Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Essilor in November 2016.

Interview

They scheduled the interview right away. It was long but a friendly interview, not very formal. They asked the regular questions, the interview was extremely professional but not too serious. Right after the first interview, the second one was scheduled and then the third and last one. Within a week they made a decision.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, salary, reason for looking for another job...   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Just asked about background and interests. What I hope to achieve doing such an internship and where I would see myself in the future. Basically questions that are asked for internships