Experian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Experian Interview Questions

Interviews at Experian

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian.

Interview

For about 2 weeks I got from applying for the job to receiving an employment offer. There were two interviews - a personal skills one and a technical one. In the technical interview there were theoretical questions as well as practical tasks to write code live.

Interview Questions

• Is there any mechanism in Java to supply implementation of a method in an interface?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Experian.

Interview

5 Calls about 45 min each

1st: Call from HR after 4 days of applying
    2nd: Webex Call with a team member (next week)
    3r: Webex Call from Software Dev Lead (same day1 )
    4th: Webex call from VP (same day1)
    5th : Webex call from Direct Manager (same day2)
    6th: Webex from another Manager (same day2)

I was the top candidate but they decided to offer the role to the previous employee that was in leave of absence. After very overwhelming interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Experian?
      Do you understand Agile Methodology?
      How do you deal with team?
      How do you convey a message to leadership with a nontechnical background?   Answer Question

IT Program Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian in March 2020.

Interview

Recruiter called me and wanted to discuss immediately, had a phone interview with recruiter and then with the hiring manager very soon. Met the hiring manager and few other interviewers within a week.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions- prior experience in similar roles   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and interviewed in person 3 times and once on the phone. The process took over a month. Somewhat strange and felt impersonal at times to do the entire process through an ATS portal. Communication could have been better but given the company is so large, I was content.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing for you when considering a new position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Experian (Clearwater, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

Talked about my experience as a customer service agent, what I have done in previous jobs and want I was looking in a company. It was an easy interview. I think they need a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a customer called frustrated and not wanting to talk to you?   1 Answer

Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Interview

Initial screen by HR, then a screen by the potential manager (VP), later a full day interview on-site with 4 of the VPs of the team.

1st HR screen was straightforward and fair. 2nd one with the hiring team was also fairly straightforward, but required a bit more articulation for why the role, why would it be a good fit, etc.

Final day was quite tough. Started with typical questions about background and experience but quickly turned into a fire drill interview.

Rapid fire of why do you want to work here, what is your prior experience, what kind of projects have you worked on, then in strong detail explain every recommendation. As someone with a multitude of projects it's not always possible to remember everything in clear detail. Later on, it became, so now we hire you, how do we grow? - very open-ended, no context, no clarity, just a fire drill of an interview.

Moreover, there was strong questioning on why the motivation for the role given relative short experience in current job when that could have been screened for during the 1st 2 rounds easily. Having been through a great multitude of case interviews with top firms, it was way too open-ended, without any material or information, and without adequate time or structure. Finally, be prepared for people that speak very quickly. Quite surprising to see in an OC based company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your model methodology?   1 Answer

Senior Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

The interview process was quite nice and swift. The recruiter and HR representative were quite quick to respond through the process. One recruiter call followed by a telephonic technical interview and 2 onsite interview with senior management.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience related questions and few technical questions related to java programming ,system design patterns and databases.If you have cloud technologies related questions then that might come up into the questions as well. Quite a bit of importance is given to behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Tampa, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with recruiter and second one with hiring manager. Panel interview with three separate presentations. One on a selected client, a why hire me and a first 90 days plan. Short interview with senior VP of operations and a second shift interview with HR manager. Received an offer two weeks after panel interview and accepted contingent upon background and drug screening. Approximately a month and a half process start to finish.

Multimedia Designer/Videographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter and she briefed me on the opening at Experian. First, I had a phone interview with my current supervisor (30mins). She asked me about my career experience and some behavior questions. After 1-2 weeks, I went to an in-person interview. I got interviewed by 5 team members and the head of the department. I also completely three tasks (1h): one in illustrator, one in premiere, one in after effects. The entire in-person interview last around 2.5hours. After another week I got a call from recruiter confirming that I passed the interview and there is a three-month probation during which I'm an employee of the recruiting agency, if everything went well, I will transit to a full time employee after the probation period.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Describe a project which you don't like the most and how you completed it?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Experian.

Interview

Weird. They scheduled a phone interview which was rescheduled 3 times - twice ahead of the call and once the person just wasn't available. They then sent a mail saying I cleared the phone screen when in fact it had not happened at all. Invited for an onsite interview and was told to bring a project I could discuss. Did not discuss the project at all. They also said you did not need to know SAS but ended up taking a test which was 50% SAS questions (on SAS syntax). The team seemed highly uninterested in the interview itself.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

After applying was immediately invited for in person interview. It’s not a real interview they just want to see you and then will invite you back to interview you. The manager said it was actually an entry level sales role not marketing related. It’s also hourly pay with no benefits which they wouldn’t say before coming in. They want to train you.