Experian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Combination technical questions and behavioral interview. They dont try and trip you up. Straight forward, if you are a professional and know your stuff, this was an enjoyable talk.

Interview Questions

• No question were out of the ordinary. Just know your skills.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian.

Interview

Several rounds. Phone screening with recruiter, personality test, sales manager interview, presentation. Very quick and clear process but I suggest preparing for each round. Presentation was the most difficult part.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to change the mindset of a person or group   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied on-line. 5 telephone interview + 5 in-person interviews = >15 hours in interview time alone. Only one (HR) person seemed to have their stuff together. Other staff were poorly organized, lacked attention to detail (i.e. called by wrong name, poorly written communications, etc.) and much of this "process" seemed superfluous (interviews with people who were unrelated to the position and seemed surprised to have been asked to be a part of the process). Professional references offered multiple times but never taken or offer even acknowledged. Process delayed weeks to bring in late candidate(s), offer made to the other of final two. Selected candidate accepted position, started work and left the company after one week. When I contacted HR and expressed that I was still interested, I was told I was no longer under consideration for something that she'd heard I'd said to a staff member when initially not selected (my opinion of their decision). This was completely untrue. I was truly offended by this and regret ever having spoke to the person I did. I have been interviewed by and hired by multiple VERY prestigious organizations as well as had previous applications which did not work out, but I was truly surprised by this process/company. Had I not thought the position was a great fit (and didn't need the job), I would have walked away early on. I wish I'd read the reviews on here before I'd interviewed as it seems my experience is not unique to this "organization". Disappointing because the position seemed so right (for me, and I for it) and because the timing would have been perfect for me, but perhaps it was a blessing in disguise. There was no power behind the position and I can't imagine what it would be like once into the role. Perhaps that's why the other person ran after one week.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with conflicts between groups without having power over them?   1 Answer

Website Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was a long process. It lasted several months and I went to what I believe was the final stage. Where multiple groups of people came in to interview me. All went fairly well except for the web developers, they were very antagonistic in the interview. Also, even after making it to the final interview they didn't bother to tell me I was not going to be offered the position, even after my follow up.

Interview Questions

• What would you rank as your top 5 skills on your resume?   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Applied online through company website. Got 1 phone call through recruiter, 2nd phone call with hiring manager, and 5 face to face on site interviews with 9 interviewers on a single day.
    Worst company to be interviewed for. After interview no correspondence from the company's recruiter at all even for a follow up mail. Even after 2 weeks, no reply or call from recruiter. A rejection would have been better as compared to 2 weeks of waiting for a simple reply.

Interview Questions

• A question about SQL query and was asked to solve it without using SQL Server   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1 phone call with recruiter, 1 phone call with hiring manager, and a tiring in-person interview with 8 people with very quick 30 minute rounds

phone calls left me with a positive impression, but the in-person interview did not...2-3 of my interviewers were not very friendly. while they kept reiterating that this was a junior level position, the questions and degree to which they grilled me did not reflect that. be prepared to take a written SQL test, to have little explanation on it, and then to have it graded in front of you. style of the interview was a lot more like an interrogation and not a conversation. they did not leave me with much time to ask them questions. honestly, i wasn't left with a huge desire to work for them after this, but i probably still would've taken an offer due to the $$

if they don't like you, don't expect any correspondence afterwards, not even an automated rejection letter. they mentioned that they have been recruiting for this position for a long time...good luck to them, seems like they are extremely picky for an entry level role.

Interview Questions

• give an example of when you led a data-driven business decision with a huge impact, walk me through the process of what exact databases you used and how you set up a query to reach your answer, etc.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

There was one initial phone Screen with the hiring manager, then two sessions of in-person interviews, two interviewers each. I met with the hiring manager, peer, a finance executive, and a business partner executive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian.

Interview

Phone interview; two in-person interviews to meet various people. 2nd interview required light technical discussions on common programming languages, and hashing out approaches to problem solving using a white-board and dry erase pen.

Interview Questions

• What programming language do you like the least, and why?   1 Answer

Digital Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian.

Interview

I applied for this position and shortly after received an email from I am assuming one of the recruiters. The only reason I knew they were affiliated was by manually looking at the email - no signature, no context to the email - just an email requesting a phone interview.

Once the phone interview was scheduled, I started looking extensively into employer reviews and the outlook of the company. Ultimately, I did not deem to be a good fit for this position and emailed the recruiter to remove myself from the running, cancel the phone interview and wish them luck in filling the position.

I get a random email today from said same recruiter days later spouting everything I heard about the company and what the employees are saying is "Fake News" - further affirming that I trusted my gut and made the right decision to not continue.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Experian (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Panel style phone interview. Depending upon candidate location interview may be face to face. Topic to present was provided in advance of call. Panel consisted of 2 peer level individuals and one leader.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian.

Interview

Apply online, and then you have a series of two phone interviews. The third interview is in person at Costa Mesa headquarters or over Skype if you are unable to make it in person.