KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 2,010 of over 4,112 reviews

4.1
Experian Chief Executive Officer Craig Boundy
Craig Boundy
Pros
  • "Truly a company that cares about employees' mental well-being and work/life balance(in 214 reviews)

• "Great opportunities & flexible work environment(in 146 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management lack of sense of direction(in 79 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance is not so great(in 67 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Experian

Join the conversation on

The Real Estate Bowl

3m

works at

EY

Been dealing with a very incompetent lawyer for the home purchase. He messed up a lot during the process but the last incident really screwed me up. He mailed a USB containing ALL home documents (title, deed, hud, which have my ssn). The USB got stolen in the mail.. I just received an empty envelope. I am so worried about what would happen if someone were to steal my identity. I called experian to lock my credit file. Any suggestions on what else I should do or what risks I am facing here ? TIA

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Experian and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good company

Sep 14, 2021 - S S E(Senior Software Engineer) in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Good culture. Nice tech

Cons

Full on corporate. Nightmare to navigate

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company with great benefits

Sep 10, 2021 - Learning And Development Specialist in Van Buren, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits at Experian are amazing. I have yet to see or hear of a company that has better benefits than what Experian offers to their employees. The Medical and vision insurance is incomparable. We have the HealthMatters program thru Virgin pulse that you can earn money thru. So far this year I have earned over $600. This is taxed but free money, all you have to do is keep track of your steps and log in each day and click on some buttons. If you are interested in getting healthy or need help with mindfulness this is the tool for you. Starting out you get 3 weeks of vacation and being here as long as I have I now get 5 weeks. It is amazing. The maternity leave benefits were amazing when I had my son. I got to spend the whole 12 weeks off with him. I could not have done this at my last 2 jobs. The company is ever changing and growing so you will learn new things and never be bored with your job. Due to this changing there is always a need for new employees and many opportunities for growth. I have worked as an agent, a lead, a supervisor, and now I am content with my Training position. I found my niche.

Cons

It is fast paced so if that is not for you it can be a bit over whelming. Change is a constant with Experian due to innovation. If you do not like change then you may have a little bit of a struggle.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Corporate Experience by Far

Jul 30, 2021 - Content Strategist in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Experian for two years, three months. It's been the most positive corporate experience I've had in OC and it's not remotely close. The culture is positive and inclusive top to bottom and everyone I've worked with has been respectful, enthusiastic, quick to praise and collaborative. I always feel valued by my team, partner teams and leadership. I've worked in other financial services companies of similar size and the compensation and benefits at Experian are superior. Leadership is positive, hard working, encouraging and wiling to share positive feedback from other executives and stakeholders. Interdepartmental collaboration is fluid and positive. For me, there has been no drama, politics or toxic atmosphere. Since pandemic began, the company has demonstrated leadership's concerned with our physical and emotional wellbeing. 100% remote work has eased my commuting stress and expense significantly. Choosing the work option that is best for you (office, home or hybrid) is encouraged and reinforced by HR. Flex hours can be accommodated.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep and the pace fast, depending at what point you're jumping in. For those who struggle to figure everything out right away, it can be overwhelming.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Legitimately a great place to work

Aug 30, 2021 - Web and Graphic Designer in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Plethora of opportunities to learn -Tremendous amount of perks and benefits -Opportunity to work from home -Big push for diversity, equity and inclusivity -Celebrate everyone's differences that make them them.

Cons

- Raises aren't too large - A bit too structured (it's a corporate thing I believe, just a little too rigid for my taste). - Red tape for a lot of processes. - Innovation gets rolled out a bit too slow. - For the creative types: There's no Chief Marketing Officer, so there are endless conversations about what's right for the brand and what's not. If there was a CMO, creatives and marketers alike, would not be spinning their wheels to push innovation and ensuring proper brand equity in the public and internally.

5. 5.0

Delivery Manager

Sep 10, 2021 - Smart Automation Delivery Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Our culture at Experian is phenomenal, I've had the pleasure of working with different working teams across many of our Businesses and it has been an amazing experience. Everyone is welcoming and we have a hard worker, high performance teams.

Cons

Being able that the information and communications get shared and flow without barriers.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Start your Career

Sep 13, 2021 - Software Development Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture. Safe space to learn. Good perks. Great starter offer for grads. Transparent work culture. Understanding managers.

Cons

Not anything so far. So far, so good.

7. 5.0

Wonderful Place to Work!

Aug 31, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Management Team -Workplace Ethics -Career Path -Work/Life Balance -Compensation -Flexible Work Schedule -Peer cooperation -Recognition -Volunteer/Community Support -Global opportunity for career movement

Cons

-Not being able to work in the office w/o being vaccinated -Communication of Finance Policy Changes

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome company to work for

Sep 10, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management truly cares about the people that work here

Cons

I have nothing bad to say

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

10/10 great people

Aug 31, 2021 - Software Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recently joined Experian as an engineer and have felt extremely welcomed by everyone. Onboarding went smoothly and now we're knocking out Jira tickets left and right. I am so happy with decision.

Cons

Not a lot of downsides that I have seen thus far.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Proud and grateful for working at Experian

Aug 3, 2021 - IT Project Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing support from the company. Last year, I was impacted by California wildfires where my family was evacuated and displaced for 2 days. Experian jumped right in with the support of hotel accommodations, meals, and a phone call from Human Resources. I was so touched by Experian's priority to put people first. For the duration that I have been at Experian, my pay increased exceeded my expectations and the work life balance is top notch!

Cons

The company is huge! So be ready to be amongst strangers from time to time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,010 Reviews