Cover image for Experian

Found 2,462 of over 5K reviews

4.3
Experian Chief Executive Officer Jennifer Schulz
Jennifer Schulz

What people are saying about Experian

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good Comp and Benefits(in 383 reviews)
  • "Great people that celebrate success and give back to the community.(in 351 reviews)
  • "Experian has a great culture and allows employees to innovate their ideas and use data to benefit the organization.(in 196 reviews)
  • "Very flexible and good work/life balance(in 158 reviews)
  • "Great and friendly colleagues(in 107 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and lack of empathy(in 152 reviews)
  • "It represents many extra hours that based con labor chilean regulations were never paid and salaries are very low for SSC teams.(in 94 reviews)
  • "Some managers have too much favourtism(in 85 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership spend a great deal of time and energy focused on pleasing the analysts from quarter to quarter.(in 64 reviews)
  • "Constant layoffs and everyone worried about layoffs.(in 61 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Experian and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Amazing company!

Nov 10, 2022 - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked at Experian for almost a year and have only positive things to say!

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Global Employer Branding Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Pleased to hear you're loving your Experian journey thus far and think Experian is 'Amazing' and 5 stars!

2. 5.0

Great work culture!

Dec 2, 2022 - Data Modeling Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are so nice and helpful. I've rarely talked to someone who wasn't fully willing to help. WLB is great. As long as work is delivered on time, there is no pressure.

Cons

Pay could be better. Systems are old. Need to migrate to newer tech.

3. Join the Experian team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good company

Nov 14, 2022 - VP Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good company, good mission, great people - Fantastic sustainability and DEI initiatives imbedded into culture

Cons

- Internal competition across sr management viewed as good from the top but creates unnecessary competition and resource mismanagement for everyone else. - Business Unit Management is always distracted by new and shiny "innovation" rather than delivering on customer expectations for current agreements.

Global Employer Branding Director

Thank you so much for leaving a review, and for being part of our Experian fam for more than 2 decades! Really pleased to read you feel Experian is a 'Good Company' and 5 stars. I'll pass your comments on to relevant internal teams re: your feedback about competitive dynamics and distractions

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Z

Nov 7, 2022 - Internal Audit Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusions, work environment , work from home

Cons

Old systems and processes and

Experian Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It is the best company I have worked so far

Sep 29, 2022 - Software Engineer in Bentonville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

I did not think I was going to work in a company where you as employee has a voice and your opinion matters. There is a great work environment and if you are a hard work person you will be fine and rewarded for it.

Cons

I dont see cons so far. Of course as always there are some people that dont do their jobs as expected but nothing you cant handle by yourself

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with great managers

Oct 13, 2022 - Business Strategy Analyst Lead in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company treats really well the employees, you are able to have great managers that always give feedback and comments about how you can improve.

Cons

sometimes some decision can take a long time. But this is expected from a big company.

Global Employer Branding Director

Really appreciate you taking time to write a review. Pleased to hear you're enjoying our culture and your Experian journey. Awesome that you've been with us for over 4 years, you've been a key part in building our inclusive and respectful culture so thank you. We're 100% committed to making Experian a truly exceptional place to work, from your review it sounds like we're on the right track...

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Reasonable

Nov 9, 2022 - Senior Data Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good overall company but truly depends on the team your at. WLB will also depend on that.

Cons

Once you're in, hard to move up. Politics, some teams do seem to struggle with high pressure and demanding managers. Sometimes it feels like the company is trying to be something they're not.

Experian Response

Thanks for sharing your experience! We're 100% committed to making Experian a truly exceptional place to work, so I'll pass your comments about growth opportunities, politics, and management to the relevant team so they can hopefully address them.

9. 5.0

Great WLB!!!

Oct 20, 2022 - Senior Data Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People people people! Very diverse, great work-life balance

Cons

Sometimes people speak on mute and forget to unmute

Global Employer Branding Director

Really appreciate the feedback, love your comments that our biggest pros are 'people, people, people', diversity and work-life balance. They completely mirror our top 3 review themes across 5k Glassdoor reviews. I also chuckled about your cons comment haha, if I had a $ for every time "you're on mute" was said I'd be very rich indeed!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good comp;any

Nov 19, 2022 - Sr. Director in Aurora, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative and cares about employees

Cons

Long term employees often overlooked for promotion opportunity

Experian Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Culture

Oct 21, 2022 - Scrum Master Lead in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experian makes an honest effort to meet employee needs and harbor a culture that respects work life balance.

Cons

The Agile adoption is behind the times. Teams are trained to death while mgmt continues to make decisions that don’t support empowered teams.

Continue reading

Global Employer Branding Director

Thank you for writing a review, and thank you for being part of our Experian fam for so long, yay. Amazing to hear that you love our culture and acknowledge we strive for work life balance and high levels of respect, I couldn't agree more. With regards to your comments regarding agile adoption I'll pass them on to relevant stakeholders in the hope they'll address these.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,462 Reviews
</>Embed

Experian Reviews FAQs

Experian has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 5,160 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Experian to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Experian employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Experian. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

91% of Experian employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Experian 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Experian to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Experian Job Seekers