Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

3.6
Craig Boundy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work/life balance- much better than working in London" (in 130 reviews)

• "Very strong benefits and good salaries in general; very flexible about work from home, etc" (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work Life balance can be challenging" (in 45 reviews)

• "Senior management does not have the skill set to effectively run group" (in 63 reviews)

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great environment, good challenging work.

Cons

Hours can be long sometimes, but teamwork helps with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits; Compensation; Excellent Employee Culture in most Business Units that I'm familiar with; Huge company with worldwide opportunities for advancement, travel, etc.; Employee Surveys are taken very seriously & management actively responds to concerns at all levels

Cons

There are examples of bad choices on the part of upper/middle management of particular business units that impact things, but overall the company seems good at identifying failures and improving things. Some pros/cons are very business-unit-specific. The good news: if you're on a team where the business is highly regulated, the culture & tech are stagnant, etc. Experian helps you develop new skills for moving to another unit that might be as dynamic as a tech Startup or even to a team in another country that is building a new business, if that's what you're after. Advancement is as available as you're capable and willing to pursue.

Advice to Management

Continue to respond to employee, client, & public concerns to maintain good (deserved) reputation

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working at Experian. Their philosophy around high performance inspires me to bring my best game to work everyday. If you work hard and deliver results the sky is the limit. Being surrounded by so many smart and collaborative people makes me better. I'm blessed to be part of this team.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

4. "The best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are all wonderful. Benefits include FTO, 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, along with Perks and Work and other perk programs. We regularly celebrate different cultures. Yoga classes are offered. Flexibility with working from home. This is the best job I have ever had.

Cons

I have no complaints about working for Experian.

5. "director"

Current Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people and great benefits

Cons

lower than average pay and can get political

6. "Credit services representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

By far the best benefits, PTO, Holidays. Continuous training opportunities, schedules based on performance and attendance. Opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

Call center environment, building is heavily secuered. Your badge is necessary for each part of building

7. "MCE Call Center"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I (MCE Call Center) in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I (MCE Call Center) in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Vacation time, PTO, 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, along with perks at work and other perk programs

Cons

- Supervisors act like you're bothering them when you have a question or an issue. - Out of the 8 supervisors that were in the MCE call center only 2 knew what they were talking about. I'm not sure how the other 6 were even able to become supervisors.
    - What's the point in having a pizza party or a potluck if they don't give us time off the phones to eat? So you're basically still taking calls while trying to eat,
    - We were told one thing in training then told the complete opposite when we started taking calls. What's the point in have training if we're told to do the opposite of what we learned once we're out on the floor.
    - You get points deducted for dumb stuff when it comes to quality assurance. I got points deducted for something that we WEREN'T taught in training and when I asked a sup they didn't know the answer either, I also got points deducted because I sighed on the phone because my systems went from working to all of a sudden being down. Also got points deducted because I was told one thing in training just to find out when I got graded that what we were told in training was incorrect.
    - The systems that are used are trash. They're either down or going extremely slow.
    - You are basically billing, technical support, credit education, and a lot more but that is not reflected in the pay.
    - Customers are told to call in if they have certain questions just for us to have to tell them that we don't have the answer. If they call because their score dropped there's no way for us to know what caused it but for whatever reason, the website tells them to call us which results in A LOT of angry customers.
    - There's no reason people should be on hold for 2+ hours to do something as simple as getting a password reset, cancel a membership, or update payment which takes less than 2 minutes for the agent to do.
    - You have to be dispute trained to move up, which is up to your supervisors' supervisor.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the people your are making supervisors actually know what they are talking about and are willing to help the agents. Let customers know that the agents are not able to tell them certain information like why there score dropped or why they were denied credit. If there is a pizza party given to certain teams at least give them 10 minutes off the phones to eat. Make sure that what the agents are being taught in training is correct instead of being told one thing in training than another on the floor. Have a department dedicated to technical support for customers because the technical support we give is basic and in a lot of cases doesn't fix the issue. Make it possible for customers to resolve their issues without having to wait on hold for 2+ hrs for something as simple as a password reset, updating payment method, or a canceling a membership. Do something about your systems always being down.

It would be great for you to give employees some notice when they are being laid off just so that we can start taking the necessary steps to find another job instead of being told on our last day.

8. "Customer Care Supervisor"

Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits are a great perk if you take advantage of everything. Premiums are fairly cheap with a reasonable deductible. They also have a reimbursement program for gym equipment, personal training or lessons up to $150.

Cons

Like most companies that rely heavily on technology with a low cost. Experian is moving towards automation in most aspects of credit reports. This impacted over 100 jobs in Texas

9. "IT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work with. Flexible hours as long as it's ok with your manager.

Cons

None. I don't have any con comments.

10. "Very cool place to work!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company, Unique Global Culture, Leader in the Industry, Wide array of bleeding edge technology to recruit, Innovation, feeling valued, internal mobility.

Cons

Sometimes don't get all the information if you work remote. Environment can sometimes be chaotic, but that cyclical.

Showing 958 of 1,594 reviews