Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

3.5
Craig Boundy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Mature working environment with an excellent focus on work life balance (in 112 reviews)

• everyone has a laptop and can work from home as needed (in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Innovative and flexible approach"

I have been working at Experian part-time

Pros

- Supportive of flexible working ( joined on a 4 day per week basis)
     - Culture of innovation and a focus on 'getting stuff done'
     - Collaborative, team-based approach
     - Genuine drive for high performance but also realistic and respectful of work-life balance
     - Talented people get good opportunities to have a varied career here

Cons

- Heavily matrixed structure in global functions

2. "easy job with great benefits"

Former Employee - MCE in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - MCE in Dallas, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

sick days and holiday pay

Cons

late working hours and weekends

Advice to Management

to have enough supervisors on floor

3. "Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ambitious company, High integrity, Leadership, Benefits

Lots of very smart, capable people.

Strong focus externally towards consumers and clients.

International orientation.

Cons

Not always easy to navigate across business units. Can sometimes feel like several companies within one larger corporation. This is definitely changing for the better though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great progress on building a positive culture

4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly atmosphere, cares about professional development, work/life balance, strong supportive culture within my department/team.

Cons

moving projects forward takes a little long.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing! I feel valued here and I appreciate the opportunities given to grow further in my position.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experian has a great culture full of great people. The benefits are great and there is always opportunity to grow and advance.

Cons

There is nothing to report.

6. "Customer Care Specialist."

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Van Buren, AR

I worked at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employer cares about employees, job has very generous sick time and vacation time. Holiday pay and amazing insurance. Company events keep the office somewhat lively, many benefits to working for this company.

Cons

No downtime at all, Calls are up to the thousands somedays with as little has 40 people there during the week and 8 on weekends. Unreasonable expectations to upsell to callers already in financial distress or crises. Most callers are already upset and will scream at you over a policy that you cannot change. Always stuck between a rock and a hard place between company policies and unhappy customers. Almost no opportunity for advancement since the elimination of team lead positions.

Advice to Management

Take less pressure of your employees who are the front line of your policy. The need to “Just Ask” on nearly all calls is ridiculous. Don’t hire customer service specialist and expect them to be salesmen to customers who are already unhappy. Understand that when call volumes are high, your employees aren’t getting any kind of mental break from dealing with one angry person after another and may need time to cool off themselves.

7. "Decent pay, average benefits, good leadership culture, scary layoffs"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership is very supportive. As someone who suffers from a lot of chronic illness I've never felt like anyone wants to challenge that and call me lazy for being chronically sick. There's always events to pick up morale and when we have to work hard, the company recognizes it and is always providing free meals or snacks when we're in the middle of a big overtime stint.

Cons

There's a big layoff problem. It happens without a lot of communication, so you can be doing great with your supervisor and manager but then the higher ups send out an email and the next day you're without a job. They don't seem to work so hard at trying to find you a different position within the company to keep working with them. Growth opportunities seem abundant but no one will be clear with you about what's holding you back from climbing the ladder.

Advice to Management

Transparency about how to get promoted would be nice. Also some sensitivity training for new supervisors who aren't use to dealing with folks who are chronically ill would be nice. My current supervisor has been a little aggressive with me lately when I get caught up on a call with a doctor during lunch or an appointment goes late. I understand that being at my job when I'm scheduled is important, but I am juggling several major health problems so at times I am seeing several doctors a week.

Experian Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Director, MCE HR

Thanks for taking the time to post on Glassdoor! At Experian, we value our employees and I’m happy to hear that you have felt that support in challenging circumstances. While we cannot always share... More

"Disgraceful Company w/ Horrific Work Environment"

Former Employee - Financial Manager - Targeting in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Manager - Targeting in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pro I can think of pertains to the benefits which are reasonable for a company of this size.

Cons

The company, more specifically Targeting has high employee turn-over due to the toxic environment created by financial leaders. For example, I have a religious obligation on Friday’s and on more than one occasion, I was reminded that it is inappropriate to engage in religious prayer during company hours. In addition, the company offers no flexibility – you are expected to be at work by 8:00 AM and cannot leave until 6:00 PM. The hours matter more than productivity and quality of work delivered. Targeting senior financial leadership also makes inappropriate remarks and considers themselves superior to others. The functional teams do not function as a collective unit. Therefore, many obstacles need to be overcome in order to complete an objective. These are some of the reasons why high performing employees, including myself are exiting the organization.

Advice to Management

Replace the financial leadership for Targeting.

9. "Senior Software Developer .Net"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, current rate on salary DOE, great people to work with, acceptable life/work balance. Culture and values fantastic, many events for most popular holidays to keep up social interaction with everyone in the company, regardless how high or low you are on the totem pole.

Cons

Poor management resulting in many issues, mostly stress related. Advancement possible, not tied more to relationships with management, rather than accomplishment. Sizable layoffs yearly, ironically same day as issuance of annual bonus.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your team members rather than elaborately going out of your way to avoid them.

10. "Overall great people that work there not a good paying company"

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing Company, Great people that work there

Cons

Pay is below industry standard ,too many politics when it comes to growing within the company, Poor management and communication, micromanagement and too many changes to adapt too. Turnover rate is high

Advice to Management

I would recommend hiring more professional and seasoned management for the overall teams and communicate better with staff.

Experian Response

Oct 18, 2017 – Regional Head of Internal Audit - North America

Thank you for the comments and feedback. We also believe that we have great employees that help Experian grow and be better every day. As we adapt for growth in a fast-moving industry, sometimes we... More

Showing 1,332 of 1,376 reviews