Exponential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exponential (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly people. About 4 interviews and 2 in person. They are eager to help you as much as possible and really aim to see you succeed. The woman I spoke to about the job always checked in on how I was doing and really cared about the process and me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with 3 people who would they be and why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exponential (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

While they asked me some of the standard interview questions, they asked me more personal questions than I feel is professionally appropriate or related to the job.

They kept reiterating how young and hip they were, and that they were looking for someone that must attend social events after work. It honestly felt very juvenile....more like a popularity contest or a fraternity/sorority pledge process than a job interview.

They asked me to complete and Excel skills test and solve a mathematical problem for a metric I had never heard of...both in an unrealistically short space of time.

If you want to be young and hip give it a shot, otherwise move on.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about regularly attending happy hours and hanging out with coworkers after work?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Exponential in May 2012.

Interview

Phone screen via recruiter, onsite scheduled for 4 interviews, but they screwed up their scheduling & only met the "hiring" mgr - vp of IT - and interviewed w/ a Team Lead & his previous manager (who soon would be let go). For as nice as their workspace is, I found the whole process amateurish, convoluted and would-be abusive. Yes abusive. When someone tries over an hour to impress you w/ his "genius" (a,k.a. ADHD) skillset, you know this isn't the right place.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exponential (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Spoke with the HR woman based in California and we had a lovely conversation about the role and how my experience made me a perfect candidate for this. She had reservations because I wasn't with a company "long enough" even though most of my positions were greater than 1 year and my last job was eliminated. So even though I had the "perfect experience" I was discrimated based on the fact that I wasn't with my employer's "long enough". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Ask for references and you can see how a person works. Do you job and due diligence. Also, I had met with the hiring manager in NY years ago and I guess she didn't like me for some reason and couldn't be bothered meeting me to discuss the role that I would be a great candidate for. Not sure if it was because of my sexual orientation or "tenure" or something else ridiculous but I wanted to share this experience with everyone to be weary of this company and their questionable hiring practices. I also mentioned that I was a gay man in the interview and proudly worked for an LGBTQ company and am not sure if that was used against me. Full transparency I also let the HR person know exactly how I felt too and that I would be sharing my opinion on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Why was your tenure at your previous employers as long as it was?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exponential (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Massive phone screens by 4 people leading to a trip to SF for an entire day of face to face interviews with the CEO on down. 90 day plan requested.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue do you think you can generate in your first month or two with us?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exponential.

Interview

Received a phone screening through a recruiter on Linkedin. WORST interview ever. The recruiter sent me to interview on site for an analyst position -- which was not the position we talked about. The person I interviewed with was so condescending and arrogant, he asked me to calculate a metric that I've never heard about and before that he asked me weird questions not pertaining to to the position itself. I was completely blindsided and would NEVER recommend entertaining the idea of working at a disorganized company with incompetent staff.

Interview Questions

• How do you analyze this metric?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exponential in April 2011.

Interview

they argued with me

Performance Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exponential in April 2018.

Interview

I'm not stranger to the interview process, but I feel that this one was a particular waste of time.

The phone interview process was dragged out, seemingly, as long as possible and took several weeks to complete.

Then they brought me in for an interview that took 4 hours, which I feel to be a bit excessive for the nature of the role.

Then at the end they simply send me an email saying I did not have enough experience. It took them several weeks to establish whether or not I had enough work experience? Experience is not a difficult issue to establish. They are either dishonest or need to seriously rework how they gather information.

I hate to sound impatient, especially considering I, myself, wasn't sure if I would be able to take the position if offered, but it seems to me they could have established that I lacked experience sooner, or come up with a better reason, before dragging me through weeks of interviewing. Maybe this process will go better for most people, but I can't help but feel that they wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Why would one of your friends say you are not a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Global Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exponential.

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter within several days of submitting resume on-line. He was very personable as well as professional, which made for a relaxed and enjoyable conversation. Brought in for in-person interviews a few days later. Each person on the interview team, which included a couple of individuals who would be direct reports, were well-prepared with their questions and provided a summary of their responsibilities and relationship with this position (Finance, HR, Legal, etc.). Overall, an extremely positive and pleasant experience! Unfortunately, filling this position has been postponed.

Interview Questions

• Question topics included:
      * leadership style
      * experience level with vendor contracts, lease agreements, and management of TI & relocation projects
      * motivation/goals/passion   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exponential (New Delhi (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

First three rounds seemed ok on part of a java developer.
    The level was as should be anywhere in a good company.
    But the fourth round seemed like they wanted to kick me out, totally out of focus.
    The interviewer was pretending to have a lot of knowledge, and seemed to raise invalid questions like if you have a proprietary framework why do you use that, use open source ?
    And in the end of interview when I asked him what open source you use, the answer was we don't have our own frameworks and also we don't use open source (just code mindlessly), so in my view and also my other friends from IITs. This company is a fraud and are just creating propaganda when they actually don't seem to hire anybody/