FCB Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FCB Global

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Had my first contact with HR in Oct. of 2011, had two phone interviews (25 minutes each) answering questions about my interest in media planning, advertising, and my past work experiences. The HR reprs were extremely nice and the questions were pretty straight forward. Then, I was flown to Chicago to interview with various employees in person. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and I received a phone call from an HR rep and a current employee the night before to answer any last minute questions. The final round consisted of 5-7 interviews with different meda employees throughout the agency. You have to take a 30 min media test in the morning (which is pretty straight forward) and you have lunch with a current employee (someone who's entry level) to have a casual conversation about what it is like to work at Draft. Everything was well organized, efficient, and helpful. This was the best interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• If you were (insert product), how/where would you advertise yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Very organized human resources department. Consistently followed up with my inquiries. Interview process consisted of initial first round interview with HR, another HR interview, and interviews with members of the team.

Interview Questions

• When have you seen an advertisement that you think would be better suited in a another medium?   Answer Question

Interview

Structured interview. Great vibe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FCB Global (Madison, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted via skype, which was very uncomfortable. The lighting in the person's office who conducted the interview was awkward, making it hard to see their face and interact with them. For this reason, a phone interview would have been better because I wouldn't have been intuitively relying on non-verbal ques as expected with skype. The interviewer also wasn't particularly friendly or interested in interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Describe an advertiser that you think has effective media implementation   Answer Question

Associate Medical Director Interview

Interview

multiple interviews. writing test. refused reimbursement for travel from out of town for interviews.

low salary

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Had a phone screening with the in-house recruiter then went in to meet with them. Met with the dept head and met people in the dept. Finished off with a casual and pleasant interview with recruiter and received an offer a short time later, about a day or so.

Junior Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

DraftFCB talked about their agency pretty honestly -- it is a huge place, and they are trying to change things. At the same time, they made it sound like juniors have a lot of responsibility, but they don't.

Interview Questions

The agency is just way too big, and I don't like Chicago weather.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The first part of the process is a 20-minute interview. Then they ask you to take an analytics analysis (test), this test may consist of a variety of things to test your skills with data and analytics and will likely involve some kind of computer program and data analysis. The final step of the interview process is a talk with analytics team member.

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FCB Global.

Interview

I had a very negative experience while interviewing with this company.

A day after I submitted my application, a recruiter reached out to me with a few follow-up questions that then led to an initial phone screen a week later. Because I was traveling, we agreed to catch up when I returned. We had another chat at that point, and while the position I had applied to before had been filled, we discussed some new relevant opportunities, and she told me she would want me to speak with the director next.

I never heard from her until about 3 weeks later when she reached out to let me know that they would begin screening for new positions the next week, and she wanted to know if I was still available and interested. I responded that I was still interested in learning more about them, but I never received a response. Two weeks later, I got another email from her letting me know that they had new positions available (I assume the same ones as before?) that she wanted to speak to me about. After chatting about those the following week, she finally scheduled a phone call with the director that week. While speaking with him, he told me that they would want to move forward with bringing me in for an in-person interview, though it would have to be after the holidays. I told the recruiter this and said I’d wait to hear from her with any updates about this.

I never received a response or update even after the holidays, so I followed up again with her. She responded to me a week after that email asking if we could chat to set up the in-person interview. On the call (to which she was 20 minutes late) we had discussed that I would follow up with her the next day regarding the best time for me to make the trip. After doing so, I received no response, so I followed up a week later and still received no response.

I have never had such a terrible recruitment experience with a company before. I was strung along the entire time (3-4 months!) with delays and flakiness. Beware if you interview with them – they clearly don’t value their candidates, and I would hate to find out how they treat their employees!

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FCB Global in September 2015.

Interview

1:1 interview; was notified two days prior to campus interview. The interview was essentially a "getting to know you"-type of interview and very few questions pertaining to advertising. I don't know what the next steps are, or if there will or won't be another interview, but the overall interview experience was basic and was easier than I expected it to be. Interview was recently done, and have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a current (or recent) advertising campaign that you don't agree with or like?   Answer Question