FCB Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FCB Global Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

Summer Interview

Interview

I had a quick in person interview in the coffee bar followed by an office tour. The recruiter was very casual, upbeat and friendly. I was extended an offer less than two weeks later.

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCB Global in March 2017.

Interview

The team was personable, bright, and easy to talk to. I spoke to a recruiter on the phone, who passed me onto a senior strategist, who passed me on to another senior strategist. All of them were fun to talk to, clearly intelligent, but relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of new work that you are jealous of?
      What is an example of new work that you think is terrible?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First I met with HR, then talked to four others: the VP of Project Management, the director, an associate director, and a senior project manager. They seemed not sure what to ask me, and I think my experience coming in was a home-run, since they needed to staff a healthcare account. It would have been nice if they provided more detail about roles & responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What is your style of working with others?   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. A recruiter emailed me a couple of weeks later asking if I was still interested in working for them, and 1 week after that we scheduled a phone interview. It was a conference call with 4 other people listening, it lasted about 20 minutes. It was a negative experience not because I didnt get an offer, but because they were not friendly and did not make me feel welcomed in the phone call, it was very dry.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most valuable work experience and why.   Answer Question

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FCB Global.

Interview

I had a very negative experience while interviewing with this company.

A day after I submitted my application, a recruiter reached out to me with a few follow-up questions that then led to an initial phone screen a week later. Because I was traveling, we agreed to catch up when I returned. We had another chat at that point, and while the position I had applied to before had been filled, we discussed some new relevant opportunities, and she told me she would want me to speak with the director next.

I never heard from her until about 3 weeks later when she reached out to let me know that they would begin screening for new positions the next week, and she wanted to know if I was still available and interested. I responded that I was still interested in learning more about them, but I never received a response. Two weeks later, I got another email from her letting me know that they had new positions available (I assume the same ones as before?) that she wanted to speak to me about. After chatting about those the following week, she finally scheduled a phone call with the director that week. While speaking with him, he told me that they would want to move forward with bringing me in for an in-person interview, though it would have to be after the holidays. I told the recruiter this and said I’d wait to hear from her with any updates about this.

I never received a response or update even after the holidays, so I followed up again with her. She responded to me a week after that email asking if we could chat to set up the in-person interview. On the call (to which she was 20 minutes late) we had discussed that I would follow up with her the next day regarding the best time for me to make the trip. After doing so, I received no response, so I followed up a week later and still received no response.

I have never had such a terrible recruitment experience with a company before. I was strung along the entire time (3-4 months!) with delays and flakiness. Beware if you interview with them – they clearly don’t value their candidates, and I would hate to find out how they treat their employees!

Director, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to meet with a recruiter in HR at FCB's offices at 875 N Michigan Ave in Chicago. We met for about one hour. This was a preliminary discussion, a get-to-know meeting before any further interviews.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation where my strategic leadership had a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at FCB Global (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was clear and happened quickly. I met with the Managing Director and Account Supervisor as well as speaking with the internal recruiter who reached out to me initially. All involved were a pleasure to meet.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FCB Global (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted after a job fair at my university. We interviewed the following week, and the interview went well. They were really excited about FCB and wanted to know my excitement about advertising. Unfortunately, I didn't receive an offer after a great interview, but will apply there in the future for entry level positions.

Interview Questions

• Favorite advertisement or campaign currently happening   Answer Question
    • Three things I would describe myself as and why   Answer Question
    • What is something you wouldn't know about me by looking at my resume   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very casual and unprofessional interview process. It took way too long for them to get back to me just to let me know that the position had already been filled. The interview questions were not very relevant.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FCB Global in July 2016.

Interview

An HR Manager reached out to me about this position because I had experience in account management and background in HR. I had a phone screening that gave me more information about the position. I was the invited in for an in person interview about a week later. I was then invited for a second round inter view to meet with the rest of the team. A week later I contacted HR to get an update that they decided to with someone else with different experience from mine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with diplomacy in the work place?   Answer Question