Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 57 of over 57 interviews

In Person6%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Fairfax County Virginia

Application

I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia

Interview

The interview process is long and they call you in many times for different tasks. If they cannot get you in for a portion then they reschedule a month later.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question
  • They went over background paperwork.

Fairfax County Virginia

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia

Interview

The questionnaire was very thorough. The physical fitness test is required and timed to pass. Polygraph required. In person interview asked basic and personal questions. Good experience and nice people. The process was streamlined and I was kept informed of my status throughout the process. Fairfax County takes care of its employees.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA)

Interview

Interview invitation was sent to an incorrect email that was not listed on application. Interview went alright overall, technical difficulties on the panel side. Questions/scenarios were provided and given 30 minutes to respond.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fairfax County Virginia

Application

I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia

Interview

It was a panel interview and was given 15 minutes to review questions prior to the panel interview so that I could collect my thoughts and prepare notes if needed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Arlington, VA) in Dec 2020

Interview

You are requested to complete an Online interview that was done independently with recordings and submitted to their server. You are then contacted with an offer letter if they are interested in hiring.

Interview Questions
  • What was a difficult scenario with a patient and how did you handle it?
  • Explain why you would like to work with patients?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in Sep 2020

Interview

Panel interview with 3 people. Due to COVID it was not an in person interview. They all took turn asking questions and they had to write them down. There were a total of about 6 questions they asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fairfax County Virginia

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia

Interview

Structured prewritten questions that were asked round table. There were multiple interviews with different panel members. It took a long time to move each step forward but eventually I was contacted about the next step. Total process was over 6 months.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Fairfax County Virginia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in Jan 2020

Interview

Applied online took three weeks job to close and next week was called for interview. Came in for interview was given paper with questions was given 15 minutes to take a look and was given background check form. Afterwards they took me to computer for writing sample email response which I did then on to interview panel. The Panel interview consists of Engineers that work within department and they were polite, professional, and very respectful. They asked same questions that were given to me earlier on piece of paper. In the end they said hiring manager may contact you one on one or may not don’t know what he wants to do. I had very positive experience at the interview panel. Then came phone call from the hiring manager who is the Deputy Director setup one on one informal talk. I went and everything was great up until hiring manager said we need three professional references one of which must be current employer supervisor of the company you are currently working for. He went on saying we will give you verbal offer first and then if you accept it then we will contact the current supervisor you gave and then we give your offer in writing. This reminded me of my previous messy and ugly experience where I allowed prospective employer to contact my current employer supervisor and the current employer became furious next day I went for work. The current employer terminated me on the spot and I did not have firm offer from prospective employer. To this day that employer hold grudge against me and gives me negative reviews. I can only make mistake once fool on me if it were happen twice. I have to justify to each employer what happened and it damages my reputation. I emailed next day the hiring manager and let them know I can give you three professional references past employer which I did in email but unless you can give me firm offer letter in writing and it has been accepted I am not willing to come and work for you. I wrote it is highly unusual that hiring manager is insisting on current employer references usually they are off the table. I got phone call from the hiring manager saying he cannot give written offer before. I politely said thanks but no thanks in the end. Once Fairfax County Government needs ethics check among all hiring managers, directors, deputy directors, supervisors such practices which messes with candidates or damages candidates future should not be allowed. Find some other way to see if candidate is good fit other than current employer references.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Fairfax County Virginia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia

Interview

Panel then meeting with elected official - need to be well aware of issues pertaining to area, including projects, initiatives, issues effecting immediate area and countywide, cannot go in unprepared, make sure you study !

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA)

Interview

It was a typical panel interview with 5 panelist for the first interview and 4 for the second interview . They asked the standard tell me about a time questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Interviews