Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

I received a phone call and an email requesting the interview. I scheduled the initial interview, which included an Excel exercise and a panel interview with the hiring manager. I was called back for a second interview with the departmental manager, but I believe I was the only person for the second interview - I wasn't competing at that point and it was just a formality.

Interview Questions

• The typical - what are your strengths/weaknesses/how do you handle conflict/prioritize deadlines and projects, etc.   Answer Question

Mental Health Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in July 2017.

Interview

Very quick short and simple. There were three people total who interviewed me, They gave me a sheet of paper that showed what the questions would be and while I answered they mainly took notes.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you helped a patient and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with team lead and two team members. I was presented with the questions 10 minutes prior to the interview to read over. The interview was about an hour long. After the team took turns asking me the provided questions and relevant follow-ups, I had an opportunity to ask questions. The team was very nice. I felt comfortable during the process.

Interview Questions

• Provided the attached information (example table provided), how would you create a report of the information to the end user?   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

This is an hour long, panel interview (4 people).
    You have to get there 15 minutes early to fill out a form. You'll receive a sheet of questionnaire from the office assistant. There are at least 10 questions that asks for your technical skill sets as well as your work experience. You're taken in a conference room and each interviewer sits around the table. Each interviewer would ask you a question from the questionnaire. You answer until all the questions on the questionnaire are answered. At the end of the interview, they ask for the questionnaire back.

Interview Questions

• Asks for your technical skills as well as your work experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant V Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in December 2016.

Interview

Three part interview. First was a phone screen, which lasted about an hour long. The second Interview process was panel, with a total of 4 people. Each a member of the department you are interviewing for. Lastly, there was a timed writing exercise.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Total process took about 2 weeks, I was called for an over the phone screening and was brought in for a panel interview later that week. Both involved general questions and answers regarding the job description.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with individuals representing different departments that you would work with. The questions were presented a few minutes before the interview. Each person asks a question. All persons take notes relevant to their departments.

Interview Questions

• Questions were general in nature allowing you to draw from your experiences to answer.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Panel interview for position within Family Services. I left the interview knowing my work experience, technical competencies and skills was superior to the interviewers. Fairfax County is one of the riches county in state of Virginia and it so behind in technology. You would think such a RICH county would be update on technology and automation. I learned during the interview a lot of tasks are still being performed manually such as equipment inventory (ie laptops, copiers, etc). The folks actually are called out to various locations and walk around manually recording serial numbers, etc. In addition, the department does a lot of pulling data and performing analytics in EXCEL (ie pivot tables). There are a number of data analytical tools out there ... user friendly that are compatible with various platforms and databases. The ideal of extracting and importing data in Excel & creating pivots tables was not ideal. I was coming for corporate America .... my background was in TRUE systems and business analysis. I was looking to advance my career and/or find suitable position.

The interviewers had been in working in department for LONG time ... which was obvious. I think the ladies may have been offended about my inquiry about department plans in relation to technology/automation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you were faced with difficult customer
      What questions to ask when setting up database   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

Panel interview- first interview with three supervisors, and second interview with four. Very easy and laid back interview. I felt as though it was more of a dialogue. I have a ton of experience in the field, which is why I feel as though the interviews were relatively easy. Very lengthy process- I applied in late June, first interview in August, second in September, & I just received an off in early October

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience as it relates to this position, and what makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult conversation or situation you encountered with a client   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. I had the opportunity to review the interview questions beforehand. Overall, thought the process was very automated and objective. There was a written portion and a database entry test after the panel interview. It took about a month to get a call about for an interview. Very competitive, even for an admin III job

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience help you with your duties as an Admin III?   Answer Question