Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant V Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in December 2016.

Interview

Three part interview. First was a phone screen, which lasted about an hour long. The second Interview process was panel, with a total of 4 people. Each a member of the department you are interviewing for. Lastly, there was a timed writing exercise.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with individuals representing different departments that you would work with. The questions were presented a few minutes before the interview. Each person asks a question. All persons take notes relevant to their departments.

Interview Questions

• Questions were general in nature allowing you to draw from your experiences to answer.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Panel interview for position within Family Services. I left the interview knowing my work experience, technical competencies and skills was superior to the interviewers. Fairfax County is one of the riches county in state of Virginia and it so behind in technology. You would think such a RICH county would be update on technology and automation. I learned during the interview a lot of tasks are still being performed manually such as equipment inventory (ie laptops, copiers, etc). The folks actually are called out to various locations and walk around manually recording serial numbers, etc. In addition, the department does a lot of pulling data and performing analytics in EXCEL (ie pivot tables). There are a number of data analytical tools out there ... user friendly that are compatible with various platforms and databases. The ideal of extracting and importing data in Excel & creating pivots tables was not ideal. I was coming for corporate America .... my background was in TRUE systems and business analysis. I was looking to advance my career and/or find suitable position.

The interviewers had been in working in department for LONG time ... which was obvious. I think the ladies may have been offended about my inquiry about department plans in relation to technology/automation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you were faced with difficult customer
      What questions to ask when setting up database
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

Panel interview- first interview with three supervisors, and second interview with four. Very easy and laid back interview. I felt as though it was more of a dialogue. I have a ton of experience in the field, which is why I feel as though the interviews were relatively easy. Very lengthy process- I applied in late June, first interview in August, second in September, & I just received an off in early October

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience as it relates to this position, and what makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult conversation or situation you encountered with a client   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. I had the opportunity to review the interview questions beforehand. Overall, thought the process was very automated and objective. There was a written portion and a database entry test after the panel interview. It took about a month to get a call about for an interview. Very competitive, even for an admin III job

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience help you with your duties as an Admin III?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

It was a panel of three people that currently work in the office, including the person who would be managing the position, and one person from another office that worked with the team. I had worked with several of the individuals before so it was a comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience going through the planning process.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Interview

1st and second round interview...and yet no offer...the staffs were friendly though. There were four panel members in the first interview and two in the second interview. Not sure if they hired someone at all, I did not receive any responses yet.

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in May 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and was contacted for an interview weeks later. I went in for an interview which was very quick and I didn't have a good feeling.

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

very direct process. since the position is not a merit based position and it is not considered a very high salary, the position did not require an extensive interview process. I was recommended by a current employee and from there discussed my experience and was offered the position. It was a very easy and again, direct process to being working

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

There was a panel of three females . a form of seven questions presented to me to review and answer .
    Although two of them were very professional and friendly, I figured it out that the third one had somebody in mind and this whole process is just a fake one.

Interview Questions

• How to tell your boss that you don't agree with him in a decision
      How to keep your administrative skills current
      Answer Question