Family Video Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Family Video

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Cambridge, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview went great!!

Interview Questions

• None during interview, but exam needs to be given without distractions.. I know the people that work there, had an advantage over me in that they took at different time when store was not so busy   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video (Green Bay, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting an application for employment I was called by the store manager for an in-person interview. When I arrived approximately 10 minutes early, the manager was not ready and we began later than the scheduled time. The interview took place in the middle of the busy store with very basic questions. I was invited back for a skills test. The testing also took place in the middle of the busy store. The store manager proctored the test with multiple interruptions. I was called to complete an interview with the district manager. There was some difficulty scheduling this as his presence in the store was very limited. The district manager asked me almost identical questions as the store manager (again through an interview taking place in the middle of the busy store).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Family Video?
      What are your personal iterates and hobbies?
      What is your work history?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Crawfordsville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video (Crawfordsville, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Meet & Greet (casual introductions and questions), if liked you'll get a more formal interview with store manager, if liked from there you will be scheduled to take a test that includes math, alphabetizing, story problems, spelling, and reading (about 45 minutes), if a75%or higher is achieved you will interview with the DM to determine whether you are hired or not.

Part Time Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video in July 2014.

Interview

I had to call a few times to actually talk to a manager about my application, then I was offered an interview. I was interviewed by an assistant manager. She seemed very nice and laid back. Also, easy going. The interview took place in the middle of the store, and I thought that was a bit strange. I was expecting something more private. The questions were just about what I like to do in my free time, what I'm going to school for, and why I want to work at Family Video. She said that the hiring process included a comprehension test. She said she was doing call backs on Monday. It's Monday

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Video (Bloomington, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process consists of a Store Manager interview, a short test of basic skills, and a Regional Manager Interview. Both managers were extremely good at making me feel as comfortable as possible, and made the interview as laid-back as possible.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions on the test were surprisingly difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating available.

Anonymous Employee in Highland, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Highland, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was a little bit of a challenge. The initial 1:1 interview was fine along with the second 1:1 interview with the District Manager. The difficult part came in the timed test that was just basic math and problem solving skills. I found it interesting that they required this as part of the process but it was able to weed out people with poor basic math skills and those that can't think on their feet.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were basic questions... the hard part was the written test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Video (Springfield, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

Submit application/resume online or in store, called to schedule interview with store manager, first interview with store manager, scheduled second date to take written test over math, spelling, filing systems and general knowledge that relates to position, take test and score above a 65%, interview with district manager, position offered

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations are very limited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arnold, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Arnold, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Sit down interview with the store managers. Chair was uncomfortable. Very nice people. Came prepared for the interview with pretty generic questions. Interview took place in the middle of the store with customers walking by and staring at you.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video (Peoria, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process for Family Video has three parts. The first is just a general interview with a store manager. At this interview they ask you to tell them about yourself, as well as several situational questions. The second part is a test of your math and organizational skills. The only part I remember is the part about alphabetizing. The test isn't very difficult but I do remember it being time consuming. Each section is timed and I had a few blank spots on some of the math sections by the end of the time. You only have to score a 70% to pass the test if I'm not mistaken. The third interview is with the District Manager. This person manages several stores and will ask a lot of situational questions as well. They will also explain to you a little more about what working in the store is like. I was offered a job at my third interview but this might not always be the case.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for my pay. I was paid minimum wage without discussion.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video (Jackson, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

Basic common sense will get you the initial interview. If you've had jobs that focus on customer service, it's almost a guarantee. The interview is laid back, and serves more as a chance to see your personality, so don't be fake. be how you would be normally

Interview Questions

• why did you choose family video?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much to negotiate except for giving schedules due to other jobs/school/etc