Family Video Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Video Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.6

Cashier Interview

Interview

Weirdest process ever. They made me take a standardized test, which I passed, and then interview with the district manager. She asked a lot of questions about my parents and then told me that I didn't have enough energy.

Interview Questions

• Where did your parents go to college?   1 Answer

Sales Associaate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seminole, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Seminole, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to open interview witch means a lot of people just go to the store, sign their name and then wait to be call for a brief interview with the manager

Interview Questions

• What are your plans within 5 years   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video in September 2017.

Interview

The manager just asked a few basic questions. What my past job experience was, what my favorite movies were, my past hobbies outside of work.
    No silly stuff like "Can you name a time you encountered an angry customer and resolved the issue?".

Interview Questions

• What was your past job experience?   1 Answer

Sales/CS Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Video (Kenosha, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely impressive, coming from someone with a background in Human Resources. I didn't expect such an extensive process for a part-time position. I applied at FV for a part-time second job and was blown away by the professionalism and organization of the hiring process and management team. After a brief phone interview, I went through a face-to-face interview with the store manager. At the end of the interview, I was asked to come back for some pre-employment tests - math, alphabetizing, reading, spelling, etc. The test was timed and took 25 minutes. Following that, I had another interview with the regional manager. All of this happened within a few days span and the response rate from the team was exceptional. I heard back after each meeting within an hour.

Interview Questions

• The obvious - Tell me about yourself. Why Family Video? What type of movies do you like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Video (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Just did the first part which is a meet and greet. They do a meet and greet before the second stage which is the actual interview. Guess I wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Where did you learn about this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Interview

Open interview day, I had applied a week previously so they had my app already. Sat down with a store manager, asked basic questions about attitude, customer service, moral situations. He then gave me a timed aptitude test. I passed and sat down for a second interview with a district manager, talked about pay and when I could start training. Took a little over an hour all together. No drug test or background check.

Interview Questions

• How would those closest to you describe you? Positive and negative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Junction City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Video (Junction City, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was very informal and fast. I applied online on a Monday, received a call the next day inviting me to open interviews on Thursday of the same week, and was offered the position on Tuesday of the following week. During the open interviews, each candidate sat with the manager in the middle of the store to learn about the position and ask/answer questions. Each interview was very short, and other people in the store could easily listen in on what was going on, which struck me as a bit odd.
      That evening, I received a call informing me that I'd been accepted for the clerical assessment and went back two days later to take it. I was given 20 minutes to complete the assessment, which included alphabetizing, checking for spelling errors, two types of math problems, and a reading comprehension assessment. I was permitted to use a calculator on the assessment so it was fairly easy to complete in less than 20 minutes despite the distraction of the TVs playing throughout the store. Once I finished, one of the other employees graded my assessment and then told me I passed, and I set up a final "formal" interview with the store manager.
      The final interview honestly wasn't much of an interview at all. Once again, it took place between a couple of aisles in the middle of the store. The manager started off by asking if I would be comfortable with offering additional items to customers, such as candy and rental discount cards, and went over my availability. After that, he offered me the position and explained the training process, dress code policy, and starting wages. The final interview lasted 10 minutes at the most.

Interview Questions

• To start off with, new employees typically work 10-15 hours a week in order to learn about the store and meet their coworkers. Is this amount acceptable for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Video (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Starts with an online/paper application. If liked an in person interview for about 10 minutes with store manager. If liked then a 20 minute clerial test. Final interview with district manager.

Counter Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Video (Salem, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

A single interview with store manager. Was told I would hear back within a week on whether I would be taking the assessment test to see if I qualified to interview with the District Manager. It's approaching two weeks now.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Video in May 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional, forgot about me during and open interview time and straight up told their co worker that they didn't want to interview me because I had not graduated high school yet. When the process finally began the interviewer lead with "so did you graduate high school" and then proceeded to keep asking me the same questions over and over again. Just terrible. Told I would be called back the next day and never was.

Interview Questions

• did you graduate from high school?   1 Answer