Fast Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fast Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises.

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Heard back within 2 weeks and set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. Some background questions and some technical questions.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with a recruiter. She asked me what I knew about Fast, and then asked about my background. She also explained the relocation process, which is not completely random. Employees can elect a top 3 and bottom 3 places to go, and Fast will try to get them into their top locations, or at least out of the bottom.

The second interview was with a training coordinator over they phone. She was very nice. The interview started with several questions related to training and teaching. Then I had a chance to ask whatever I wanted. It was a very comfortable interview and I felt at ease because of the friendly interviewer.

I'm scheduled to have an in-person interview in Denver in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What's the first thing you would do when tasked with teaching a group of people?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises.

Interview

After having applied through my campus job portal, I received an email from FAST requesting my resume, transcript, and 2-3 references. I sent those over and was contacted later in the day requesting to set up a phone interview. We then set up an interview for the following week.

The interviewer called right on time and was very pleasant. She asked questions about my past internship experience, some general interview questions, an off-the-wall question, and then a series of technical questions. They were relatively simple. She also asked what my ideal job would look like. She then explained the relocation process that occurs every 2-3 years and asked if I would be okay with that. She explained the job duties of an Implementation Consultant. She then gave me the opportunity to ask her questions, which I did.

After the interview, she informed me that I would hear back from her in a week or so. I received an email within a week stating that they would not be moving forward with the recruiting process.

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises (Denver, CO).

Interview

Got the interview via career fair at university, first interview went well, had a 30 minute test over logic problems and basic problem solving. After about a week received the invitation to the second interview. will update with results

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find the first 100 primes, using a function isPrime()   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview consisted of two primary steps. The first was on my campus, and the second was in Denver.

On campus, the interview was a 2 on 1 interview with 2 parts. The first part took 30 minutes and was filling out an IQ test with multiple choice, fill in the blank, and 2 easy coding standard coding examples from an elementary coding class. The second part of the interview was also about 30 minutes and was spent figuring out how you would react in certain situations mainly. Of course, they also asked me what I knew about the company, which was pretty limited to a few facts from the website at that time. They are pretty forgiving if you do not know if you want to be on the Tech Team or Implementation Consultant prior to the interview, so if you are unsure which you would like better, be sure to ask about it.

The second interview was in their headquarters in Denver (as an aside, an awesome building). This varies from candidate to candidate based on which employee at FAST interviews you. For me, there was 2 main people: a PR rep, and a software engineer that I was pretty sure was on the Tech Team. The PR rep mainly tried to clear up any concerns you had or any non-technical questions, while the other person varies a lot from other interviewees I talked to. The software engineer I talked to went about the interview in a unique way, where he wanted me to ask him most of the questions for a long period of time and then answer a few thought examples with him. He did a basic coding question that I was intimately familiar with, an easy mathematical question that requires eliminating possibilities, and an example that relied on your ability to visualize objects to get a solution.

As some tips, I highly suggest having a lot of questions that are not the boring ones found on google's results for interview questions. Many of my questions that they never heard asked before got really great responses so you can dig into specifics behind both recent failures/events and also what might be common to spend large amounts of time on day-to-day. I also suggest talking to other interviewees and anyone you meet along the way. I found out a bunch of things by talking to random people. One guy made me aware that I should not mention any graduate school aspirations I have (I hope to eventually retire and become a professor, and so planning to go to graduate school in the next 20 years is not likely with FAST). A driver made me learn that if they take you to lunch/dinner after the second interview, you apparently did pretty well and are likely to get an offer. Another interviewee told me about some company specifics he found out that greatly helped me understand FAST a lot better. Hell, I even talked to some employees of FAST and found out really amazing secret details they cannot tell you much about until you accept a job.

In summary, the main thing I suggest is to prepare a lot of unique questions and make sure to talk to people (even if you are very shy like me).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about FAST and being an Implementation Consultant?   1 Answer

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises (Norman, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online using one of many online application websites. I then received an email which asked for my resume and transcript. After that I received an email that set up a phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Met a representative and engineer at a campus career event and was invited out to dinner. I had an interview the next morning where I took a critical thinking exercise and then walked through my resume. A week after that interview I was asked to fly out to the headquarters in Denver for a final technical interview.

Interview Questions

• How many degrees are between the hour and minute hand on a clock at 9:45?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

1. A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and we emailed 4 or 5 times.
    2. I received an easy phone call asking about me and if I would be willing to relocate.
    3. I received another phone call asking me about the basics of a CS education regarding OO programming and SQL databases.
    4. I interviewed at Denver, CO.
    5. I was taken out to lunch that night.
    6. I was offered a position 1 week, 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • What salary would you want?   1 Answer
    • Tons of logic questions   1 Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to this job opportunity through their website. Got a mail for a phone interview 5 days later. Phone interview was pretty easy with standard interview questions. It took 15 minutes. 3 days later I got an e-mail telling me that they won't be moving forward wit my application

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fast Enterprises (Centennial, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me for three references and my transcript. After sending this I was asked my availability for a phone interview.

My process was a little unusual, as I had not realized that the job required so much relocation. I told the interviewer I wasn't sure about that aspect, and she told me I should consider it and that we could continue the interview if needed later. I contacted her again a week later after considering the offer, and the phone interview went very smoothly from then on.

Following the phone interview, I was asked to give my availability for an in-person interview in Centennial, CO. FAST arranged my flight and accommodations, as well as transportation between the airport and hotel in CO. The in person interview consisted of a tour of the facilities, some basic culture fit questions, and the brain teasers packet mentioned by other users. I found the packet to be interesting. After that, I was asked to complete some whiteboard questions. Lastly, I was asked to write a basic SQL call and was asked if I had any final questions before being taken out to lunch.

I received an offer about one to two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a program that checked for unbalanced parentheses?   Answer Question