FedEx Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

Business Solutions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter - benign questions about project management - Interviewed with Sr. Managers - back and forth questions that had little flow - Interview lasted 1 hour - with abouot ten minutes for follow up questions

Hopsitality Parcel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

So the interview process was smooth. I applied on a Thursday (12/8). Waited until Monday (12/11) to call them, spoke directly with a manager and she was excited I called because she needed another person to interview. We talked on the phone for a hour set up a interview that Thursday (12/15). Interview was very relaxed. Afterwards she told me that she likes me and her gm would be giving me a final interview Friday(12/16). She called later that day saying her GM would call me later around 4 and he didn't call. She called me the next day (12/16) apologizing and offered me the job. Just have to do my background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were extremely busy and how you handled? And what was the outcome ?   Answer Question
    • When did you handle a upset customer and what did you do to turn it into a positive outcome?   Answer Question
    • When was there a time you was working on a huge goal? What did you do and what was the outcome?   2 Answers
    • When was there a time at your job that you didn't know something and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy and quick. Two people interviewed me within a half-hour. I was asked several basic questions, and provided with what was expected of me. I was shown around the work site, and introduced to all employees. I was given a snapshot of what the daily job requirements were.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to FedEx Office?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very behavioral, show times where you worked well with a team or show your strengths/weaknesses. If you can handle an array of situations and show that with your answers, you're a step in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with an upset customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I don't remember how quickly I got a response after applying online, but at least within a week. First, I had a phone interview with a manager of another district. It was about 20 min. long and he scheduled me an interview with a manager of a different/bigger store than I applied for. Same 20 minutes. Then I had an interview at the actual location I'd be at. That manager then said she'd give everything to her district manager and I'd receive an offer letter the Monday following. (Surprised I didn't get a fourth interview, kidding.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer
    • Describe the last time you had to put something together and the process of how you did.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when working several things required your attention at once?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What was the response?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Phone interview and then face to face interview with center manager and then one last phone interview with the regional manager. Was very professional and it was worth it once I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • What are your future plannings with FedEx?   Answer Question
    • Explain to me what you do to have proper time management?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager/Center Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

This was by far the worst interview I've ever been a part of. The company has three interviews which comprise of a telephone screening, an in-person interview with the Manager, and a third interview with higher-ups. My phone interviewer had wonderful things to say about the company and gave me quite a bit of confidence for the positions I applied for. The Manager and phone recruiter both indicated to me that I was to be interviewing for the Assistant Manager position, which is closest to what I've been doing. The day of my interview in person with said Manager, she was there the entire day beforehand and I'll get to why I'm pointing that out. I come in and everyone is extremely polite, they let her know I'm there, and they quickly get back to helping people. I showed up ten minutes early and waited at least fifteen for the Manager, who told me seconds before being in the interview room that we would be skipping the third interview and just have a higher-up in this interview with her. She then tells me about ten minutes in after some akward exchange between all of us that the position I'm interviewing for had already been filled but she wanted to interview me for my other choice, a center consultant. Now, I wanted to leave the interview right then because as soon as I get in the door it's two things she easily could have told me about any time before the interview, I may not have bothered. The manager also completely changed her demeanor considering two days before I had spent an extra ten minutes on the phone with her because she was so personable, but she was aloof and grumpy as soon as I came in for the interview. The higher-up was a nice lady, but they both were extremely off-putting and I actually ended up choking up at one point, something that hasn't happened to me in any situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe putting an object out of a box together, what process do you go through?   1 Answer

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was very informative with the FedEx recruiter. She was pleasant and respectful of my time and the fact that I already had a job which I needed to protect. The second interview was with someone that thought they were doing me a favor by talking to me. Turns out it was the manager I would have worked for. I informed him I was working and what times I could interview. He completely ignored my times and forced a phone interview in the middle of the worst time for me. He then scheduled a meeting via email and asked me what video capability I had. I replied asking which tool he used. He didn't reply then started gigging me on a conference call with two other people on the call. About my not logging in via Skype. I will never use Fed Ex again unless forced. What a bunch of prima donnas.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were from a form three people were reading from. Good questions but I don't think the guy I would have worked for could answer them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Office in August 2016.

Interview

phone, office manager, district manager

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview

Question based packet recruiter or interviewer(s) will ask questions from. Be specific by answering with real stories not hypothetical answers. Sometimes you will have multiple hiring managers to interview you OR you may interview with several candidates at one time (Panel Interviews). You may be asked to sell a retail item to the panel during the face to face.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to alert someone of a mistake you made. What made you tell them? What was there response?   Answer Question