FedEx Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a long process in my case. I got a call from two different teams. They scheduled a phone interview and after that never heard back from either of them. It's not the case with just me, I contacted 5 other candidates who got calls, got interviewed. You send follow up emails, they will never reply. (It took 3 months for them to send an "automated" email for one of the positions I applied. The process is slow, they don't know what they want from a candidate. My suggestion is not to waste candidate's time if you are unsure of what your expectations are. And as a reputed organization, I would expect an email and be responsive. Try changing your hiring process or you will never be able to get hold of the right talent.

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral Questions and Questions on your resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was super fast! My interviewers were very friendly and were easy to talk to. It was over the phone so I was a little nervous not being able to see them, but it was actually quite pleasant. The biggest thing that surprised me is that they didn't ask me any coding questions. They said they trusted my resume and everything I was telling them.

Interview Questions

• What kind of programming experience and development experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took around 3 months. Applied online, got called for an interview in January. Did interview by the end of January. Got response by 2 weeks. Everything went smoothly and manager were very nice! I recommend this process.

Interview Questions

• Situations dealing with difficult coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Collierville, TN).

Interview

Phone interview (20-30 mins) felt mostly unscripted. Week or more later had panel interview. It was completely scripted [STAR method / behavioral] with each person taking turns asking questions. Something like 20 questions, took over an hour possibly. Few follow-up questions. All "tell me a time when..." questions. Also had a technical interview immediately after panel interview (15 mins?). Technical interview was with future peers. No really difficult questions, very informal, just making sure you had basic knowledge of what I mentioned on the resume. That part was actually fun.

Interview Questions

• Questions all felt the same in a sense. Search for STAR or behavorial interview questions and 90% will match. No real gotcha questions or anything unexpected. Just make sure you prep with enough diverse stories and projects you have worked on instead of going back to the same one for each question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little to no room for negotiation - or maybe I was just young and stupid. But tone of voice was as if negotiation was not an option. This exact odd number is what we offer (given in monthly or biweekly amount).

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with standard scripted questions. May have to go through a few of those before getting a face to face interview as people interviewing usually looking for an exact answer from the script.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 principles of object oriented programming?   1 Answer
    • What is a static variable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is a must as they will try to low ball you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

It took me 20 mins to answer a set of questions see if my capability matched their requirements. Questions are "Please describe a role you've played in a team", "Please tell me how much you know about those skills with a scale from 1 to 10"

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Phone screening followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a static variable?
      Name and describe principles of Object Oriented Programming.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx in June 2012.

Interview

“Applied online, received a phone interview, received an 1:1 interview, was offered the job in less than a week. My manager had a list of questions he was supposed to ask, but he skipped around…

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by a bald manager. Worst interview experience of my working life. interviewing manager insisted on boasting about his team's accomplishments despite appearing clueless when we go into technical stuff.

I later found out from contacts that he is a boss from hell who reportedly demanded from his staff ace score in manager review. And FedEx pride itself as a great employer!