FedEx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Plano, TX).

Interview

Initial Interview: On Campus (Conducted by 2-3 Auditors)
    -Behavioral
    Final Interview: FedEx Office Headquarters (Panel Interview 6-7 Auditors)
    -Behavioral
    -Personality
    -Technical Knowledge

The interview process is difficult for a reason. They want to see how you react in uncomfortable situations.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Irving, TX).

Interview

Day 1: Applied online

Day 17: Received an email from a recruiter. I had to complete a 2 hour test consisting of math and reasoning problems similar to the SATs. It also has some personality questions.

Day 22: I received another email from recruiter to give additional information on employment and education.

Day 34: Phone screening with recruiter.

Day 38: Hiring manager email for invitation for in person interview. The hiring manager stated they would email me a sample sales market 2 days before the interview and wanted me to create a PowerPoint presentation on how I would sale to that market.

Day 40: Received the sample market data and instructions. The presentation has two parts. The first part you are given an Excel spreadsheet of a fictional market. The spreadsheet has a list of customers and sales trends for each company. You have to present a strategy to increase sales in this market. You aren’t given any specific instructions so this is up to your creativity. The second part of the presentation you are given a fictional business that changed shipping services for listed reasons. You must come up with a sales plan to regain that business.
    Day 42: In person interview. It was a panel of three Inside Sales Managers. First they went over my resume. Then they asked me behavioral questions. Make sure you practice your typical STAR questions. It was average difficulty. Then I had to present my PowerPoint. The wanted a 10 minute presentation of the first part: Excel data, and 5 minutes over the fictional business.
    Day 43: I sent an email to all those interviewing me thanking them for the interview and reiterating my strengths as a candidate.

Day 48: I received a canned rejection letter.

Day 55: I sent a follow up email once again thanking them for their time and to ask what skills I needed to develop to be a better candidate for this role in the future.

Day 62: Hiring Manager said they couldn’t give me any feedback because I am an “external” candidate.

The issue I have is this position is supposed to be the “entry level” job into the corporate world of FedEx. The minimum requirements are a high school diploma and doesn’t state any sales experience necessary. I have a bachelor degree, two years of online sales experience, and I have been working for FedEx for ten years! In my position at FedEx I was a top performer and even had several letters of recommendations from current FedEx managers that I gave to the hiring managers. Not only didn’t I get hired for the position the hiring manager couldn’t even give me any constructive feedback since I work for a different subsidiary of FedEx. That does not seem inline for a company that claims to promote from within.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above a beyond at your job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online which had a quick questionnaire and space to write why you'd be a good fit for the position. Always good to have a recommendation even if it's a friend of a friend. I almost forgot that I had even applied for the position until I got an email to set up a phone interview. Basic questions on your work experience and resume, if good you'll be asked for a HD face interview over the computer. This interview is more situational based questions regarding previous work experience. They asked a question about using excel, make sure to have an example. They basically just want to know you can use a computer as you do a lot on them. They took about a week to call me back and asked for in person interview. After arriving for the in-person interview, they take you to a room to prepare a powerpoint on how to market an online product. Address every point that is asked, and after getting the job I've been told that they don't care if you stumble through it. They'd rather have that then someone who turns down the interview or walks out.... which has happened before. This is followed by 7-8 star questions that sound similar to the previous ones. STAR questions on previous sales experience, a negative and positive experience with customer, organizational skills etc. They really just want someone personable, so make sure the moment you meet the interviewer that your constantly talking and asking questions especially when they walk you out. Heard back about an offer in a week.

After working here I've realized just how helpful everyone is, they've all been in the same position and want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview and is then followed by a face to face interview. There are usually a minimum of 3 people on the panel. Usually an offer follows within about a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in a team environment?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied through online and within 2 weeks I got a request for phone interview. The very next day they asked for my F2F schedule.

I took 3 weeks and finally went to Memphis TN, It was a panel interview with 3 people. They asked me 20+ behavioral qs for 1 hr where I have to answer in STAR format. At the end of each answer, they put me multiple followup qs (technical). By next working day they informed me that I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me challenging situations?
      2. How do you overcome differences in opinion with teammates?
      3. How Agile methodology works?
      4. Why leaving current job?
      5. How did you convince your teammates to pick your solution to a prb?
      6. Accomplishments?
      7. Why FedEx? etc   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx (Edison, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

They tell you to come anytime for interview noone is available to do interview they yell you to look for security guard who will direct u where to go and there was no sevurity guard anywherevthey send you on a wikd goose chase

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FedEx.

Interview

Interview process doesn't apply because we're one of the staff that transitioned from a company that has been acquired. However, I heard that you'll get to be interviewed by a panel which includes the dept manager and the hr recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from other applicants?   1 Answer

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FedEx in November 2017.

Interview

Apply online. You need to check everyday to see if the are accepting application for package handler. Fed ex does not leave the job online very long. You must watch a video that demonstrates what a package handler does and click yes to proceed. In 4 days I received an invitation to come to an interview. Once you pick a day they will send you information on background checks and you must allow background check or not interview. Ask for phone contact instead of an email. I asked for email and got an address to go to. I did not know where to go when I got to the interview or who to call. The email did not give good instructions. I missed the main interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have criminal history?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx (Concord, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Very brief interview. I was only asked 6 questions. Very flexible with time of interview. I went in at 9pm. I was out of there in less than 10min. Interviewer was very nice and laid back. I felt very comfortable talking to him.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx (Memphis, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through online and within 2 weeks I got a request for phone interview. The very next day they said interview was okay and asked for my F2F schedule.

Overall swift response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me challenging situations?
      How did you overcome differences in opinion with teammates?
      How Agile methodology works?
      Why leaving current job?
      How did you convince your teammates to pick your solution to a prb?
      Accomplishments?