Feedzai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Feedzai Interview Questions

Interviews at Feedzai

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Feedzai in August 2016.

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter asking for my interest in the position. After showing my interest, I got a HackerRank invitation. HackerRank had basic questions about Algorithms, Data Structures. Cleared it.
    Then I was asked to save some time to talk to some HR regarding my availability, position details and requirements. The HR asked me for a week or so to hear back from them. After around 8 days, I get an email from the recruiter that this position has been put on hold.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Well, the online assessment and phone technical interview was fine, but the on-site interview was horrible...

The interviewer has no experience for interviewing people at all, gave me ONLY ONE easy leetcode question that I did before (actually everyone who has used leetcode before would know this question). I gave the solution pretty fast, and she said that's not what she's looking for, so I thought "oh, maybe she wants to test something different", so I spent sometime to give another solution. After that, she said "Oh, actually I want this", then we found out the first solution was the correct solution... then I wrote the first solution again...

After the white board question, she went to check her laptop to find some "interview question to ask". Then she found one question that I didn't know the answer, so I asked her what's her opinion or what's the correct answer, she said "at first, you need to Google it"... I did googled it after the interview and the answer she told me was WRONG...

I didn't get the offer after this, but even I got, I won't accept it and work with any developer like that...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Feedzai.

Interview

The interview process is slightly long but they do try and finish it withing a month. I cleared the first two stages in the form of a hackerrank and a behavioral phone screen. The third round was a 2 hour coding interview. It wen quite well but I guess they have a set of answers for all their questions and if you deviate even a bit, you might not get the call. I managed to code the entire question and still got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Can't reveal the questions but they are manageable if you have basic in CS.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Feedzai.

Interview

Applied to the company online. Recruiter asked for Pre-screening test through hackerRank. Interview was easy just one question. But I ran out of time before I could finish the solution.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Feedzai in May 2017.

Interview

First an online challenge and then a talk with HR about your background. Next a 2-hour code pair interview on a small system. They talk to me like I owe them some money. Terrible interview.

Interview Questions

• Give some instructions and should return exactly what they want.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Feedzai (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Got an online assessment first, which are some very simple questions with algorithms and concept of distributed system. Then a phone call from recruiter, test your personality and your preference. Finally several technical interview. The recruiter talked with you in a tone like you owed him 1 million dollars. PS: this job requires 75% of traveling while the paying is really low compared with jobs' requirement. I very much doubted if they can hire someone eligible to do this job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Feedzai in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online on their website. The first interview was a HackerRank screening process(Very Easy). The second round interview was a non coding technical interview with a focus on multi-threading, deadlocks, Java concepts, garbage collection and performance optimization. Interviewer was very congenial and took a keen interest in unraveling the concepts related to multi threading.

Third Interview was a 5 hour coding challenge based upon multi-threading and graph theory. I couldn't finish the challenge in given time but tried my best to implement the majority of all details. No points will be credited to you if you can't compile and get the desired output. After putting so much effort and energy this seems very very unfair !

advice: 5 hr coding challenge is NOT the ideal way to screen candidates as there is no monitoring over their work, plus number of solutions(related) are already available online !

Interview Questions

• Implement an algorithm to go from place A to place Z.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Feedzai in July 2016.

Interview

I had 5 rounds of interview.
    1.) HackerRank Challenge - You will be given 90 min to solve 5 questions with 2 coding exercise and 3 Q&As. First coding challenge was tough but if you are good at Data Structures, its easy to crack. Others questions involve Data Structures, Multi-threading and distributed system concepts.
    2.) An Intro. call where you will be asked to talk about yourself and your projects.
    3.) Q&A session through phone. This is a 60 minute interview. You will be asked to provide suggestions on real-world scenarios. Mostly involving Data Structures, Multi-threading and distributed system.
    4.) 5-hour coding challenge. You will be asked to implement an algorithm using Java OOPS. Concepts: Multi-threading, OOPS, Data Structure (graph), JUnit, JavaDoc, Maven, Algorithms. This is a tough one.
    5.) Three back-to-back knock-out phone interview with the management team for 2 hours. All the questions are behavioral. So be prepared.

Pros:
    - The interviews are very professional.
    - You get a chance to ask any questions related to your work or the company. I liked the way the management people answered my questions.
    - I was given immediate feedback about my mistakes. If you correct those mistakes immediately and maintain till the end of the call, you can clear that round.

Cons:
    - More work.
    - More Travel (I like to travel. So this is my Pros)

Advice:
    - Be confident
    - Never say anything other than what needs to be answered
    - Ask Questions. Good questions that impress them or which make them to answer for more than a minute.

Interview Questions

• Data Structures, Multi-threading and distributed system.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Feedzai in August 2018.

Interview

The process is very bad. After the phone interview, I scheduled another video call with hire manager. They canceled the meeting without notify me. Then they never get back to me.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Feedzai (San Mateo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interviewer was "in a meeting" and couldn't meet with me. They asked me to come back an hour later. Terrible candidate experience. What I learned is that Feedzai provides below market rates on pay and a demanding consultant travel schedule. They asked me to role play on my pitch for how Feedzai would be competitive against companies who paid better and have a less demanding travel schedule. My answer was that they they couldn't.

Interview Questions

• Let's role play on how you would pitch Feedzai.   1 Answer