Feedzai Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 90 reviews

3.8
Feedzai CEO Nuno Sebastião
Nuno Sebastião
Pros
  • "The hiring process takes longer that what is common in Portugal, but is not hard(in 7 reviews)

• "Plenty of career growth opportunities as the company is growing(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance MAY be hard to achieve(in 6 reviews)

• "Right away followed by stuff like "we want to be the next Google of Portugal"(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

I have been working at Feedzai full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Feedzai you have the opportunity to grow and learn with and from different teams - you have ownership to take on and suggest different projects that will help you and the company grow. As a very fast-paced company with a very complex product you have a change to work with the best technical people

Cons

Feedzai is growing a lot and with that come a few growing pains that are common to companies at this stage. If you are looking for a company where you aren't pushed to explore your full potential and can just sit back and relax Feedzai isn't the company for you

Advice to Management

Keep showing people that the work that they are doing matters and that you value them

Feedzai2019-08-06

"Exciting, Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Feedzai full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is growing and expanding a lot. Cool technology in the fintech space using machine learning to detect fraud. Smart software engineers and data scientists. I've worked with several other tech start ups and it's exciting how the OpenML Engine software can create machine learning models for fraud detection. Great place to build your resume. Lot's of opportunity to work on a variety of projects and... great exposure scaling a company. Great hardworking people work here, HR is very nice and helpful. Focusing on culture and collaboration. Awesome perks and some health insurance plans are 100% covered by the company. Lots of snacks and weekly team happy hours. Competitive salaries and unlimited PTO. Flexible schedule.

Cons

There are some growing pains that come with scaling a company. Office is getting crowded but I know management is looking at a new space. People like a more friendly demeanor to greet them every morning. There is not always a procedure in place for things, but this comes with working in the start up space.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on culture and team work.

Feedzai2019-09-03

"Still new but so far so good"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Feedzai full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone who works at Feedzai is extremely nice, smart, and hard working. Cool product making a real difference in the world using advanced AI and machine learning. Big customers. Growing very very fast. Learning a lot and career growth. Dog friendly office with nice gym and daily lunches. Recruiting and HR are really helpful and knowledgable.

Cons

Running out of space in office due to rapid growth in headcount

Feedzai2019-08-15

"Great People, Amazing Talent, Very Ambitious"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Feedzai full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great people at the frontlines building and delivering value and honestly trying everyday to make a difference - great opportunities to grow and show impact in the company and personal level - learning first culture, people truly collaborate and help each other be better - good growth

Cons

- team is distributed in US and PT and requires a lot more trust and transparency, which is a good thing but requires processes to scale the growth. Scaling can be hard.

Feedzai2019-07-29

"Not as bad as former reviews say"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Feedzai full-time for less than a year

Pros

unlimited PTO, benefits, flexibility in almost everything, career outlook, coworkers

Cons

things can get a bit disorganized at times (start up life)

Advice to Management

continue to let your employees grow to their maximum potential

Feedzai2019-07-24
  6. "Toxic as described by others"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Feedzai full-time for more than a year

Pros

They're growing. A lot of the recent positive reviews are from a slew of optimistic new hires that haven't woken up to how bad the culture can get. Good chance the company's ratings will start going backwards once the honeymoon period with all these new employees is over.

Cons

Genuinely toxic culture originating from Executive Staff as described by others. Internal polling by HR shows that a majority of employees at the HQ do not plan on staying with the company. Only 40% or so plan to stick around. This shows you the discrepancy between the employees who have been here a while and those who are still on their honeymoon.

Advice to Management

Toxic management gets to where it is by not listening to advice. Don't give advice to people who aren't interested in listening. Everyone is scared to be honest about negative feedback in person and that tells you everything you need to know. If you come here, do not think you will be able to change things. As an employee be ready to accept moments where your dignity is stripped from you.

Feedzai2019-09-14

"Disgrace to Portugal, Terrible company - Use and Throw attitude"

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Feedzai full-time for less than a year

Pros

might give some work from home or flex hours

Cons

Portugese company, brings disrepute to Portuguese people. Terrible work culture, lot of infighting and use it and dispose it mentality. Illegal stuff is commonplace. Ethics don't exist. Management is all talk no show. Hire and fire, even though they pretend to be holier than though. If you go in, be prepared to leave in few months. Most people stay here less than a year, some just finish a year. Every... month feels like eternity. They will make you slog. G&A is particularly notorious. Mind games. There are positions have had 4-5 people in the last 1.5-2 years

Advice to Management

There are notorious people in management who keep loosing staff, get the courage to get rid of them or keep loosing staff

Feedzai2019-09-11

"Growing company, lot's of opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Feedzai full-time for less than a year

Pros

I came from a company that was dealing with some severe problems in the development of our product, when I joined Feedzai they were dealing with an almost identical situation. However, one of the biggest differences I saw between my previous employer and Feedzai, and the main reason I joined, was that the leadership team here did not spend their time blaming others for the issues, they acknowledged the problems with... the specific project and the overall product, they worked and pushed to get the project resolved but also worked to improve the product as a whole. Since then they have been, changing from a startup mentality where everyone does multiple things, but they might not do all those things well, to scaling into a larger and more mature organization. Over the last three years the company has been growing at 300% year over year, with that type of growth there of course will be issues but each month I see new change and improvement. With the current and expected growth, there is great opportunity for anyone to advance quickly if they have the interest in it. I've only been here a short time but I see a great group of people, all working to develop a great company. The product is impressive in its technology and how we use it. Its a set of work you can feel good about, especially when your project goes live and you see the results the amount of money clients identify as captured fraud.

Cons

The Cons are what I have seen at other companies, so I wouldn't say it's explicit to Feedzai, projects always have constrained budgets and timelines, clients always push for more which puts pressure on the teams to deliver. Managing the client expectations and time is a critical function that we could all do better to manage. that puts pressure on people to perform and sometimes that causes stress and issues. We... should work to make sure the work-life balance is being achieved.

Advice to Management

Continue to review and develop those in the company that have high potential. Understand that work-life balance is important and help spread that message. Help make implementation more efficient.

Feedzai2019-07-15

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Feedzai full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is growing fast. Good place to start, bad place to stay.

Cons

Most people are miserable, company culture is a bit toxic, lot's of stress and complete disregard for work life balance. Management expects you to work late and on the weekends. Pay is below average with little to no raises.

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees and understand why everyone in all offices are so unhappy.

Feedzai2019-08-15

"Exciting place to work with plenty of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Feedzai full-time for more than a year

Pros

Feedzai is an extremely fast-paced organization in high growth mode and with that comes the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and advance quickly. I have been able to learn a lot in a short period of time. There is a very collaborative culture where everyone is willing to help each other out when in need. The company is full of extremely smart and down to earth people. There is rarely a dull moment.

Cons

With extreme growth comes challenges. At times, you will be asked to step up and work under tight deadlines when the situation calls for it.

Advice to Management

Improve culture and morale by sponsoring and encouraging more cross-functional team outings!

Feedzai2019-05-19