Feedzai Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Nuno Sebastião

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The hockey stick begins"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time

Pros

So happy to land at a startup right before it doubles in size and takes off!

Cons

Distributed workforce comes with challenges

Advice to Management

Figure out internal communication

"Apply at your own risk"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salaries and pretty decent benefits

Cons

Executive management team (disorganized/ill-prepared for growth); Front-line management (Welcome to the LORD OF THE FLIES); Culture (panders to the millennial entitlement mindset); Diversity (there is none); Financial outlook is scary

"Best Start-Up to work in Portugal"

Pros

Very motivational environment; Worries with the employees; Very goal oriented organization; Gives employees a lot of leeway and motivates the employees, even in low levels, to make reviews and constructive critics for a daily improvement.

Cons

No cons that I could point out.

"Being a Data Scientist at Feedzai!"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fantastic start up company, already been recognized and receiving many laurels.

Every one here is a leader by example, Research oriented work environment, uncompromising team integrity, every idea is heard and encouraged, huge traveling perks.

Amazing and highly intellectual cofounders. You get to interact with them a lot! :)

I encourage any one who looks for a satisfying day at work, Feedzai is your place!

Cons

No ping pong at US office :(

Advice to Management

Keep up the spirit.

"Data Scientist"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with very talented, nice and fun people;
    Be in the culture of sharing, learning and growing together;
    Have highly organized, collaborative and dynamic planning for work;

Cons

Travel a lot, but I can enjoy it

Advice to Management

Expand the New York office

"A Fraud Company - Don't Join"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New tech and helpful colleagues

Cons

- This company lacks moral values and ethics.Don't seek employment with this company.
    -They love to hire and fire without any reason and if there is a reason then its all made up and not quantifiable. Very strange company. Even a startup will have a some sort of character, integrity and moral values. Not here !
    - NOT an American company. They just have a satellite office in the US and 99% of tech development happens outside of the US. They have handful of employees in the US (less than 10) Very low pay and very long hours and 100% travel. It took me a while to understand what they are doing. They sell services to US companies and employ IT staff outside of the US at a cheaper rate.
    - Boycott this company ! A company like this is causing problems in America. They sell their services in the US and generate employment somewhere else.
    - They like making fun of Americans too. "Fire them..Fire them" is commonly used term in a conversation.

Advice to Management

Honesty is a virtue. Follow it first, if you have to succeed in the US

"Helping businesses fight fraud"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Exciting, fun and challenging
    - Smart people to work with, people are very supportive and collaborative
    - High potential for career growth

Cons

None till now, I'm enjoying my time with feedzai

"Data Scientist"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Feedzai has a unique startup culture. Everyone is super easygoing and open. New ideas are always welcome in Feedzai. My co-workers are super smart and extremely helpful. They are always willing to help you out every time you get stuck anything. People from C' lever are easygoing and talking to them is the same as talking to anyone in Feedzai. The company is growing super fast and new hires happen all the time.

Cons

The only downside from Delivery team in US would be the travel. Traveling every week at the initial stage of the project is required for security reasons. With all colleagues around, it is much easier and more efficient to make the job done. Also because of the easygoing and open culture, Feedzai has made the whole travel experience less boring as we have activities every week. However, it is sometimes still a pain to travel every week.

"Expand your horizons"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be surrounded by motivated people, ready to help and full of knowledge to share. It is a great place if you want to learn new techniques, improve your coding skills and keep up with the latest technologies.
    The implemented solutions must fit high standards, as we are dealing with aggressive performance requirements. If you are looking for a challenge, then Feedzai is certainly an option to consider.

Cons

Things are changing really quickly, so it is hard to get a long-term detailed plan. Overall documentation of the product could also be improved, although the constant help of other team members help mitigating a bit this flaw.

"Project Manager on the Delivery Team - US"

Current Employee - PMO Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - PMO Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Feedzai as a company is growing very quickly, something I was specifically looking for when I was job searching. Companies I've worked with in the past have each been in a different stage of the business life-cycle (startup, mature, decline) and to experience growth first-hand is exhilarating. It almost feels that there are new members of the global team joining each week and are welcomed to the team immediately with open arms. You won't feel like just another cog in a giant wheel at Feedzai, trust me on that.

A huge pro is there are new challenges every day, both on the project-side and related to Feedzai itself, making each day different from the last. Everyone is given a great deal of autonomy with which to work, leaving it to the individual to pave their own way to get the work done.

Cons

Only being able to speak from the delivery side within the US, the downside is the travel. The delivery team is working to establish processes that allow for more remote client work after an initial on-site project kick-off period, so it is known that excessive travel is a burden and that Feedzai wants to do something about it. However, Feedzai does make being away from home as pleasant as possible through group activities, dinners and comfortable living quarters.

Advice to Management

While growth is exciting, recognize that many new faces will be joining who come from all different industries and might not immediately be aware of the specifics of fraud and the payment industry. We're all guilty of it, but sometimes the acronyms and industry-specific jargon flow very freely without realizing that not everyone may be as up-to-speed as the next.

Also, focus on unique ways to share knowledge across projects and other business initiatives. Many unique learnings are picked up every day and while all are not transferable, learning the same thing twice in two different projects is expensive. There isn't a silver bullet to solve this by any stretch, but when teams are so spread out, seamless knowledge-sharing creates a sense of community among many other positives.