Feedzai Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Nuno Sebastião

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excellent company with great values"

Current Employee - Legal in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Legal in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I sincerely mean it when I say, Feedzai is one of the best I have ever worked for throughout my career. Feedzai is a company that not only focuses on bettering its technology / services, but providing every avenue for employees to succeed at what they do. The executive / management team believes in their employees like no other (and yes, I do believe we have the best in class) - we support one another cross-functionally and work as one team. I love that we have employees from all parts of the world - it enables us to get to know one another, challenge ourselves to become better at doing what we're doing when dealing with different cultures, and exposes us to business dealings in all four corners. One of the most important things I looked for in a company before accepting a position was how supportive the CEO and those reporting to him/her were, how much they believed in the actual product they were selling, and the ethics and values the company held itself to - Feedzai embodies this plus more.

Cons

I do believe we're on the right track with respect to every angle in this business (both internally and externally), so my suggestion would be to do exactly what we have been and nothing less.

"Good but could be better"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Smart people and everyone works together.

Cons

Revamp of HR and performance reviews left many without increases for over a year. Decent benefits but there is only one choice for medical and it doesn't pay much coverage. No stock options for the average employee.

Advice to Management

Add stock options for everyone. Review salaries of all staff that has been with the company over a year. Provide more medical coverage choices.

"Smoke and mirrors"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food.
    Cool swag - water bottles, t-shirts
    Newly added 40lk.
    Unlimited PTO

Cons

Smoke and mirrors. Check out LinkedIn. Why have so many former Feedzai associates cycled through here after they realize it's all bs?

HR here is truly poisonous and responsible for the 'culture' at Feedzai. Note that most HR staff are there less than a year. Only one HR person is there longer. Wonder why?

Unlimited PTO. This sounds great and very start - uppy but it's not something anyone can ever really take unless you're Portuguese. Engineers, pro services, sales and marketing don't ever take PTO. And when they inevitably leave Feedzai, they aren't owed any back pay. Pretty ingenious?

The founders are very smart guys, but they're in over their heads here. They're great technologists but don't have the background or skill set to make this thing work. Entire senior management team needs to be replaced with industry experts. Product management here is super immature and not getting better. CEO has alienated key customers and prospects and doesn't listen.

While there's talk of them going public, it's just that - talk. There's not financial discipline or processes in place for this to go public. Best hope is for a competitor or customer to take this over.

Advice to Management

Replace the senior management team. Stop the ever revolving sales door. Pay the engineering and pro services folks fairly and give them insight to their bonuses. Listen to your customer and prospects.

"Do NOT work here!!!"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time

Pros

Marketing is probably the best thing about Feedzai. They spent a lot of money on marketing and on the outside they look great. Free logo giveways. Big named speakers and placement. Don't let all of the marketing fool you.

Unlimited PTO (so they don't have to pay out the time when employees get fired or quit)

Smart and talented low level employees.

Many open positions and growth.

Cons

Feedzai is unethical, makes false claims, doesn't pay what they claim, has poor management with no prior experience, is unorganized, CEO yells at employees on a regular basis, micro manages, doesn't listen to prospects/customers/employees to try to force them to do things, doesn't trust employees and undermines them, has a toxic environment, extremely high turnover in employees, makes claims they can't keep, sells vaporware without telling customers it doesn't exist and they have to write the software, burns hours to train the ever evolving rotation of new employees, and etc... Do not work for the COO, since she has the highest turnover of reports in the company.

Don't work here. You will regret it. Talk to former employees to hear the full story.

Advice to Management

It is not your experienced employees, it is your management that is the problem. Maybe you should listen to your employees, customers, and prospects more. Do the right and ethical things to treat them better. Keep your promises. Stop yelling at people and micro managing them. Listen. Trust them to do their jobs. Pay people instead of finding reasons not to. Maybe if the high turnover stopped by getting rid of bad C level and SVP employees, you would retain good talent and actually be more productive, rather than having to constantly train new people all the time and have ramp up periods.

"Really bad culture and really bad product to support"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time

Pros

- Few of the people are exceptionally great, but due to bad culture, great people are leaving, and management has no idea how to retain them.

Cons

- Bad culture
    - Reactionary
    - No Management skills
    - No clear guidance
    - Product is really bad, to the point, it is un usable

Advice to Management

- Hire right people, and retain them

"Great company for the right person"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time

Pros

Ownership of what you do
    High growth company challenges
    Great co-workers

Cons

With ownership comes accountability. With high growth comes some intense days. For the right person this is energizing. For the wrong person, this is draining . Also, the distributed nature of the company creates communication challenges and a lot of travel.

Advice to Management

Don't forget our mission - fighting financial crime for our clients

"Fast Growth Company with Lots of Potential"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Free lunch
    -Unlimited PTO
    -Career growth opportunities
    -Training stipend
    -Great medical benefits
    -Travel opportunities

Feedzai is a great place for anyone who is self motivated and who wants to grow in their career. Management allows for a lot of autonomy and freedom in your role. Employees have the opportunity to make a large impact in a small amount of time.

Management cares about personal and professional growth. There is a lot of opportunity for fast promotions and career growth.

Cons

-Growing Pains
    We are growing at an extremely fast pace. This comes with typical start-up growing pains. Feedzai is doing its best to keep up with the rapid growth and still keep a small family feel.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent! Continue to show your employees that you care about their professional and personal growth.

"Great People and Company in Growth"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work culture. The people seem to enjoy what they do and are quick to assist others. Regularly scheduled happy hours get folks together who normally wouldn't chat.
    - competitive compensation packages
    - Free lunch
    - Onsite gym
    - Free parking
    - Lots of potential for growth while the company grows

Cons

Company is in growth mode and still ironing out details and setting up policies and systems across the worldwide team members. Because of growth, office can be cozy.

Advice to Management

Continue to standardize systems and keep employees engaged with formal/informal gatherings. Create criteria for performance.

"struggling start-up, toxic culture, flashy outside but filth inside"

I have been working at Feedzai full-time

Pros

- (seemingly) inflated external branding
    - accept only if you have no other go
    - travel to portugal

Cons

- too much filth underneath all the flashy "dressed-up" branding
    - inexperienced/ incompetent leadership
    - toxic culture
    - flaky leadership

advice to interviewees - speak to ex-employees before accepting employment offer

Advice to Management

- don't cover up problems, fix them
    - play by rules and ethics
    - replace senior leadership team with experienced leaders

"Employment review"

I worked at Feedzai full-time

Pros

Colleagues are good to work with.

Cons

Salary is lower than average.