Forrester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forrester Interview Questions

Interviews at Forrester

1. Featured Interview

Interview

A phone screen with the recruiter. Then a 60 minute conversation with the hiring manager.

Onsite interview with 4 people for 2 hours. An additional hour video conference with the hiring manager.

Everything they said would happen during the process did happen.

They were extremely organized and a pleasure to work with during the process.

Everyone was extremely kind and professional.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about how I worked through various scenarios. Who I worked with. Some problem solving.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

interviewer was really nice, i can easily say that the nicest i've ever had. she even thanked me for taking the time and applying for the job. She is quite transparent about the process and quite responsive until the very last step (if they dont consider you for the job, it takes more than a couple of emails to get to know their decision). i really wish i had that job.

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online, received an email with instructions to set an interview. Pretty standard, very easy and seamless. The meeting was set and the recruiter ghosted me not showing up. She then left a VM 60 minutes later saying her meeting ran long and she would email me a time to reschedule. No email was sent.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, video interview with 2 team leads/managers. Disappointed as I had to reach out 3 times to hear about next steps after my second round interview only to be told I wasn't going to be considered moving forward. When I responded asking for feedback on why this was the case I never was given a response.

Interview Questions

• If you get this job and your 2 weeks in and your out to dinner with your significant other or friend/family member and they ask "so what do you do in your job" what do you say?   Answer Question

Forrester Response

Feb 3, 2020

Thank you for your candor. Your expectation for feedback is of course justified and you should have received it. If you'd be open to sharing a bit more with me directly, I'd welcome the opportunity to connect. You can reach me at jkelly@forrester.com.
    I apologize you did not have a positive experience.

Julie Kelly
    Director, Talent Acquisition

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was well organized. The recruiter responded quickly throughout the process and after each round of interview, the interviewer would give you some insight into what to expect in the next round. The interview process at Forrester is what you wish every interview experience would be! It is handled so well and everyone is so respectful - one of the most positive interview experiences to date.
    First round- 30 mins on the phone with internal recruiter
    Second round- 45 mins on the phone with hiring manager
    Third round- 3 interviews with team member at different levels, each 30 mins
    Fourth round- an in person presentation

Interview Questions

• First round: review of resume and skills to see if I had the right experience.
      2nd and 3rd Rounds:
      - How do you adapt your communication style based on the audience (give examples of times you have done that)
      - Questions regarding on-boarding in my different roles
      - Questions on project management
      - Dealing with difficult clients and how I handled that in my past roles
      - Attention to detail
      - Handling different priorities
      - What drives you/ what makes you get out of bed every day   Answer Question

Client Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Nashville, TN) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online, heard back from the recruiter within a week. My recruiter was the best part of the process. The phone interview lead to an all day in-person interview. The in-person process was poorly ran. The Client Success team felt tired and it clearly showed. All of the questions were behavioral questions and they didn't even ask me about my background and experience. Felt like "What can you do for me now" vibe when meeting with them. As a minority business professional, I would've bought to the team a diverse and unique skill set and approach to client success and I felt like I was a great fit for the role. Their loss.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral style question. Poorly executed   Answer Question
    • Like 25 "Tell me a time where you" questions. Extremely redundant and unproductive interview process   Answer Question

Public Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forrester in September 2019.

Interview

Brief phone screen about 20 minutes or so. Was told to expect call back very shortly to set up time to speak with hiring manager. It was very disappointing to never hear back considering the great reputation Forrester has as a people friendly place to work.

Interview Questions

• Very basic recap of my professional history. Walk me through this, have I ever done this and so forth. Again very basic stuff.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. Started with a phone call with the recruiter, then a video call with the hiring manager, and finally met with 2 people on the team. After that you have to write a report based on a data set or topic provided. Then if the report is written well, you have to present the report via powerpoint to 3-4 members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Why this team? Probed a lot about quantitative and qualitative research background.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening with HR team/video conference with data science team/an onsite interview. The entire process took a month.

During the onsite interview, I have 5-6 one to one meetings with some people in analytics team, 1 case study with a data science team and 1 presentation about one of my previous works.

No coding challenge

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in June 2019.

Interview

Initial screening call with the recruiter, another call with the hiring manager and had to come in for an in-person interview with the team. Met individually with 2 analysts, the hiring manager and other researchers/research associates. It was a half-day interview process.

Interview Questions

• What type of people do you work best with?   1 Answer