Forrester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2018

3.1

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Nightmare due to bad interenal recruiters. Received an LinkedIn message from a recruiter about a positio I would be interested with. They then went radio silent for a week. Pretty standard practice. After a week heard back from her only to hear nothing for another week. She then replys she going out on leave and she is giving my info to someone else. Meanwhile I know nothing of job. I found it on site but then received a call from another recruiter who wanted to know my background. Meanwhile I knew nothing of job other than tile. I was told after another call it 'hadsn't been open long... only 9 months' but it may have been filled. Now things are getting weird. I asked new contract why she called me and she said she just got this job assigned to her but didn't know but had a copy of my CV so don't send another one. Now it seems like a scam since I never applied to job there. These conversations are not fabricated or embelished but this happened over the course of weeks. I can only only surmise they are talking my CV for diversity purposes but don't want to actually talk about a real job.

Interview Questions

• How come no one hired you in 9 months.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forrester (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Not fun and not organized. Multiple phone calls with their HR team before the 3 phone calls with sales leaders and an in-person power point presentation. Each call seemed to cover the same thing and ask the same questions.

After many calls, I was asked to come on site to present my powerpoint presentation. This Nashville, TN location does not offer parking, nor do they validate so be sure to get there super early to walk multiple blocks and good luck finding a parking spot! Then think about doing this every day if you take the job....

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed?
      What motivates you?
      Tell me about how you work with others within your organization?
      What are your strengths?
      Tell me about your sales style?   1 Answer

Dec 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize you did not have a positive experience– we strive for all candidates to have a positive experience throughout the process... More

CX Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

1 phone screen with a recruiter
    1 phone screen with a hiring manager
    In-person meeting with 4-5 people back-to-back

Got a brief tour of the first floor of HQ from an HR associate, but she wasn't my coordinator or someone who knew what role I was applying for. That was a little disappointing, but it was a last minute change.

The interview was structured in a behavioral interview style. I was given a lot of time to ask questions from mostly everyone.

Ultimately it seemed like they were looking for very specific experience on my resume, but I didn't feel like I was asked questions that would have let me highlight them.

Also, half hour blocks for each interviewer was really short, it was difficult to fit in all the questions and answers that we all had for each other and we ended up running into the next interviewer's time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a hard time getting hold of a client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you encountered conflict with a coworker and how did you address it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester in December 2017.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with different people in the company and then was never followed up with by the recruiter. I sent an email a couple weeks after and never heard back.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forrester in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a Sr. Talent Acquisition specialist for a brief phone call. After a few back and forth emails we agreed on a time to discuss details. The morning of the interview they contacted me to change the time to late in the afternoon to fit their schedule, no problem. That afternoon I received no phone call or an email to cancel or an apology for wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• When will you be available for a brief discussion?
      Would you mind if we pushed the interview to _______?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

I wish I could describe the process, but after being contacted by a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist for an interview, I was mislead to think I would be speaking with the previously mentioned employee not once, but five times. This includes agreeing to times and changing them last minute, cancellation of calls, and flatout forgetting to call me.

It is incredibly disappointing that this company treats potential new hires this way, and for an apparently well respected company, quite telling of how things may actually work there.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Oct 30, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. The experience you describe is not the experience we'd like candidates to have in the interview process. If you would be willing to share more detail with me, please... More

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forrester in October 2017.

Interview

A group interview with three other people. They give about a 30-minute powerpoint presentation of the company and the various paths in the company. After the presentation, there is a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose a career where the focal point is helping other people?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview after I submitted an application online. I spoke for 30 minutes with the recruiter and then went in for a two hour interview in person. I thought it went well. The recruiter still hasn't gotten back to me after I sent her multiple emails asking for an update on the position. Just outright rude. When someone takes almost three hours out of their day to come in and interview, they deserve a response. So unprofessional. I even accepted an offer at another company for higher salary but felt the need to write this review because the interview process was awful. For a company like Forrester... I expected better.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

Applied online/ had screening phone call with HR rep/ 30 min phone interview/ in person interview with 3 people/ final interview with manager/ quick feedback on each interview/ very open during entire process

Marketing Interview

Interview

I interviewed with the HR person on the phone so she wanted to pass me along. The next person I talked too, was not going to my a direct report. He was new at the company and asked all the wrong questions, which to me indicated that he had very little experience in this position. He rushed through the entire interview , as if I did not matter. Even cut me off. I would have not proceeded with the company... if you get treated like that then I can't image what it would be like to be on a team trying to pitch ideas.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Aug 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Regardless of outcome, all candidates interviewing with us should experience Forrester's culture at its best. Despite your frustration, I appreciate the insight and... More