Forrester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forrester Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2017

3.1

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

Extremely responsive and efficient. Entire process took only 2 weeks before I received an offer. I first had a phone interview with a recruiter. We talked about my previous experiences and I answered a couple of behavioral questions. I then had a video interview with my manager. That interview was also mainly behavioral.

Pleasant experience, and the company was very transparent in the process.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

Completely unprofessional experience with Forrester, which is shocking considering how much they seem to "value" the recruiting process. Similar to someone below, I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online. In our brief phone screen, she expressed directly that this sounded like a good match and she wanted to set another call up. Didn't hear back for three weeks even after sending a follow-up, and this is pretty much how things continued. For about two months I patiently waited for sporadic and poor follow-up even after I was told things were great and I was being moved along. Interviews were constantly rescheduled or canceled day of, and in the end the recruiter failed to keep me up to speed, provide feedback, or tell me another candidate was selected midway through the process. I'm truly baffled with the lack of courtesy, respect, and professionalism in this experience. Also, based on an inside source I spoke to, the recruiter told me the maximum salary was 15-20% less than what other individuals in the same role at the company were being paid.

Interview Questions

• Why Forrester, why this role? What are your project management skills like?   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

We do value the recruiting process and we strive to keep the candidate at the forefront of our hiring efforts. I’m sorry that was not your experience. I know that the Consultant interviewing process... More

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter reached out to me over email. We set up time for a phone interview, then I had another phone interview two days later with the head of the department, and then I was asked to come in for a marathon 2.5 hour interview a week later. I never heard back after that.

I came out of the marathon interview feeling very positive about the entire process. Regardless of offer, I was happy with how great everyone had been. I sent in thank yous to everyone I met with. A week later I sent a follow up email to the recruiter. It's been approximately one month since the interview and I never heard anything back - which has really dimmed my opinion. I now feel like my time was not valued by Forrester. When you have a marathon interview, you should hear back one way or the other, it's just far more respectful that way.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Jul 10, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We do value and appreciate the time you devoted to the interview process at Forrester. A half day of interviews can be strenuous and we know it takes a significant time... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

I spoke with several recruiters to find the role that aligned best with my skill set. I then had three phone/video interviews (I was outside the country), given a business case to solve, and then was given an offer. The recruiters at Forrester are really looking for true business fit and you can tell they care about you as an individual! Everyone at Forrester was incredibly respectful of my time and made the process very transparent.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

It's a multi-step process. Started with a phone screen with the recruiter. Pretty basic exchange of information here to see if you are a good fit and interested in the job. Then came a phone interview with the hiring manager. This conversation was basically a repeat of the recruiter conversation. Then came the in-person interviews. The entire appointment took 2.5 hours. I first spoke with the hiring manager who gave me more details on what they expected from the role and asked me questions about my experience and how I see the fit in their role. Then I spoke with another sales manager who runs the entire team. Both of these interviews were informative and upbeat. Next came a peer interview. This is a good chance to ask those questions you wouldn't ask a manager about working there. Next came a video conference with the senior VP of sales. This is the one where you have to be on your toes. She is friendly and engaging but also asks good, tough and direct questions. My last interview was with another peer whom I'd be working with as part of the team.

The last step in the process is the in-person role play presentation. They provided the basic background of the scenario and allowed me to fill in the gaps anyway I chose. They also provided slides that I could use and edit for my presentation.

Interview Questions

• What impact would you make with the team (revenue growth specific)   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and then several members of the team. I was given a case study and asked to present my approach to the client ask to members of the consulting team in-office. The interview process was intense, but a wonderful experience - I got a great sense of the consulting capability and the types of projects they manage. From beginning to end, my recruiter kept me in the loop - providing feedback from the interviews, following up quickly with next steps, and answering any questions I had about the process, role, team, and organization. I can genuinely say this was the best interview process I've ever gone through.

ADM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

3 total meetings. 1 in person and two over the phone. Very well organized, met with several of the managers and they were all relatively prepared. Was a relaxing environment and not too much pressure. Felt very confident during and after the interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

BAD EXPERIENCE: Applied online. Had a phone screen with recruiter in late February. Was told they were in a hurry to get someone hired. Heard nothing for two weeks even though I reached out a few times. Finally had phone interviews with hiring manager and director. Both went very well and they expressed a lot of interest in meeting me in person. Then nothing again for 3 weeks even though I tried following up. Finally another recruiter reached out asking when I was available to speak. I gave her multiple options and she never called. I told her if it was bad news to just email me so we can just move forward. Nothing....next week she sends an email asking when I am available and then waits until Friday to call me, just to tell me they were moving forward with other candidates. Since that time the job has been posted 4-5 times so they obviously didn't have any other candidates lined up. I was truly excited to be part of Forrester and made that known. It is a shame that it went the way it did.

Interview Questions

• nothing really out of the ordinary. very conversational   Answer Question

Apr 19, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing the full account of your interview process at Forrester - I apologize you didn’t experience us at our best. I spent some time learning more about how your experience went sideways... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester in January 2017.

Interview

Great process due to the amazing talent acquisition team at Forrester. They were beyond informative and prompt throughout each stage in the process. The interview was efficient in the sense of being able to interview with 3 individuals in all different levels of the sales team.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

The process took 8 weeks. I had one telephonic interview with the recruiter, another telephonic interview with the manager and one on site. The onsite interview lasted 3.5 hours where 6 people interviewed me for 30 mins each back to back. People were nice and friendly