Forrester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forrester Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

I wish I could describe the process, but after being contacted by a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist for an interview, I was mislead to think I would be speaking with the previously mentioned employee not once, but five times. This includes agreeing to times and changing them last minute, cancellation of calls, and flatout forgetting to call me.

It is incredibly disappointing that this company treats potential new hires this way, and for an apparently well respected company, quite telling of how things may actually work there.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Oct 30, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. The experience you describe is not the experience we'd like candidates to have in the interview process. If you would be willing to share more detail with me, please... More

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forrester in October 2017.

Interview

A group interview with three other people. They give about a 30-minute powerpoint presentation of the company and the various paths in the company. After the presentation, there is a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose a career where the focal point is helping other people?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview after I submitted an application online. I spoke for 30 minutes with the recruiter and then went in for a two hour interview in person. I thought it went well. The recruiter still hasn't gotten back to me after I sent her multiple emails asking for an update on the position. Just outright rude. When someone takes almost three hours out of their day to come in and interview, they deserve a response. So unprofessional. I even accepted an offer at another company for higher salary but felt the need to write this review because the interview process was awful. For a company like Forrester... I expected better.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

Applied online/ had screening phone call with HR rep/ 30 min phone interview/ in person interview with 3 people/ final interview with manager/ quick feedback on each interview/ very open during entire process

Marketing Interview

Interview

I interviewed with the HR person on the phone so she wanted to pass me along. The next person I talked too, was not going to my a direct report. He was new at the company and asked all the wrong questions, which to me indicated that he had very little experience in this position. He rushed through the entire interview , as if I did not matter. Even cut me off. I would have not proceeded with the company... if you get treated like that then I can't image what it would be like to be on a team trying to pitch ideas.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Aug 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Regardless of outcome, all candidates interviewing with us should experience Forrester's culture at its best. Despite your frustration, I appreciate the insight and... More

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a fine process with a screening call and a session of 3 half-hour interviews. I didn't receive an offer. My point of contention was that the HR coordinator scheduled a call just to tell me they would be pursuing other candidates. This was the biggest slap in the face. I can see that they may be trying to show candidates "respect," but I feel this procedure only serves Forrester, in that it allows them to present their HR practices in a certain light. It does not consider the candidate's perception or expectations. Every professional colleague I asked agreed that email rejections are the more considerate route. I hope in the future Forrester can really try and empathize more with the candidates they end up rejecting.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Aug 28, 2017

Thanks for sharing some feedback on your experience. We understand the interview process takes a lot of time and energy from both Forrester and the candidate, and we appreciate you devoting your... More

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

Extremely responsive and efficient. Entire process took only 2 weeks before I received an offer. I first had a phone interview with a recruiter. We talked about my previous experiences and I answered a couple of behavioral questions. I then had a video interview with my manager. That interview was also mainly behavioral.

Pleasant experience, and the company was very transparent in the process.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

Completely unprofessional experience with Forrester, which is shocking considering how much they seem to "value" the recruiting process. Similar to someone below, I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online. In our brief phone screen, she expressed directly that this sounded like a good match and she wanted to set another call up. Didn't hear back for three weeks even after sending a follow-up, and this is pretty much how things continued. For about two months I patiently waited for sporadic and poor follow-up even after I was told things were great and I was being moved along. Interviews were constantly rescheduled or canceled day of, and in the end the recruiter failed to keep me up to speed, provide feedback, or tell me another candidate was selected midway through the process. I'm truly baffled with the lack of courtesy, respect, and professionalism in this experience. Also, based on an inside source I spoke to, the recruiter told me the maximum salary was 15-20% less than what other individuals in the same role at the company were being paid.

Interview Questions

• Why Forrester, why this role? What are your project management skills like?   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

We do value the recruiting process and we strive to keep the candidate at the forefront of our hiring efforts. I’m sorry that was not your experience. I know that the Consultant interviewing process... More

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter reached out to me over email. We set up time for a phone interview, then I had another phone interview two days later with the head of the department, and then I was asked to come in for a marathon 2.5 hour interview a week later. I never heard back after that.

I came out of the marathon interview feeling very positive about the entire process. Regardless of offer, I was happy with how great everyone had been. I sent in thank yous to everyone I met with. A week later I sent a follow up email to the recruiter. It's been approximately one month since the interview and I never heard anything back - which has really dimmed my opinion. I now feel like my time was not valued by Forrester. When you have a marathon interview, you should hear back one way or the other, it's just far more respectful that way.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Jul 10, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We do value and appreciate the time you devoted to the interview process at Forrester. A half day of interviews can be strenuous and we know it takes a significant time... More

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy to say the least. While each progressive step for this important Forrester role involved meeting multiple executives while onsite, great progress, and alignment was achieved, ultimately they passed on my candidacy. More critically, there were long gaps in communicating next steps.

In addition, there appears to be a cultural difference between the consulting and research organizations. While the consulting team was very excited, and understood my value, the research team had other ideas.

This was after I was given assurances that I was the top candidate, and an excellent cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Specifically my thoughts on the industry trends, challenges and opportunities   Answer Question