Fred Meyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.1

Anything Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

It wasnt very long it took about a week. called and told me to come in and so i did than they asked me questions and then called me in and told me i had the job than came i with group and did it all togteher

DC Order Filler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Quick and easy, not much to it, asked basic questions that seemed rather easy to answer. Nothing really to worry about. The only people that really got hired were people with employee referrals.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Medford, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed 1 on 1 for around 20 minutes. Interviewer was incredibly friendly and didn't make me feel ridiculous when I misunderstood a question. I felt comfortable during the interview and it felt like a conversation rather than like I was being schooled at a game of 20 questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fred Meyer?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Redmond, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

First I got a call from their recruiting agency to ask sone basic personality testing questions. Then I got invited for an in person interview which went great. They were very friendly and polite. I felt more like I was having a conversation than giving an interview. Next I got scheduled for a background check and drug screen and then had orientation shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies and how will they contribute to your success here?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Issaquah, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easygoing and dare I say, fun. The lady I spoke with was very happy to see me and very interactive. There seemed to be a love for her job and an eagerness to make me comfortable and excited for the position that I was set to fulfill within the company. Overall a great interview with no hurdles.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to pass a drug test despite being a Washington resident?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked pretty basic retail questions that I was unprepared for. The interviewer thought he was a hot-shot because he has worked at Fred Meyers for 11 years. If you have no expectations for yourself and don't have any skills, you will get this job.

DC Order Filler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in January 2017.

Interview

Took over a month to even get in the door and 2 1/2 weeks to get someone on the phone (when they were supposed to call me)... I'm persistent. After the "skills" test (basic math) you will be interviewed by a man and a woman. The woman will make eye contact with you and actually talk to you, while the man didn't even bat an eyeball at me or shake my hand at the end of the interview like how disrespectful and rude... He was just reading off questions off his questionare and at the end of the interview he looks over at the lady and goes "am I done?" Like I'm wasting his time.

They will age discrimate as I am 19 they kept on the fact that "if it's a sunny day in the middle of summer and all my friends are hanging out I still have to come into work" like I know? I'm not some kid like c'mon.

Interview Questions

• "If it's a sunny day in the middle of summer and all your friends are hanging out you still would have to come into work"   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Wilsonville, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back a few days later and had an interview scheduled. Interviewer was friendly and didn't ask me too many questions. There was a few more questions asked over the phone when I called to set up the interview. These weren't all too hard either. Altogether, the interviewing and the hiring process for me was a very smooth process. It didn't take too long from the time I applied to the complete hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Seasonal Apparel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grants Pass, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Grants Pass, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and concise. Left interview twice to help customers (This is a positive for me). She didn't rush through the interview and seemed to go out of her way to make me feel comfortable with the process. Assured me I would know the outcome in two days. Explained several positions and the expectations that go with them. Business casual is perfectly acceptable attire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fred Meyer?   1 Answer

Seasonal Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Puyallup, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online, didn't hear back from them for about a week. They gave me a quick phone screening then scheduled the interview for a few days later. It actually got pushed back twice. I went in 15 minutes early as instructed and guest services told me to go sit in the cafeteria. Then the interviewer took me to their office upstairs. There were only a few easy questions asked, and then I got hired on the spot. I was given a cheek swab drug test as I filled out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• (phone) How would you show customers you appreciate them?   Answer Question
    • What was something you liked about your old job? What did you dislike about it?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you believe are necessary for this job?   Answer Question