Fred Meyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2018

2.1

Parcel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in July 2017.

Interview

Took about a week for them to email me saying to call for a phone interview called them and they just told me to come in for an interview only asked a few questions said I got the job and drug tested

Interview Questions

• If I can work in hot and cold situations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Seattle, WA) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online and did not hear anything from them for approximately 4 months. They contacted me one day out of the blue and said that they wanted to interview me. At the interview I learned that this was for a temporary position through the holidays. I however knew that it would lead to a full time offer if I worked out. I had two interviews. One with HR and a second with the department manager the next day. Both interviews were pretty much the same interview that I have given on several occasions in other roles. Nothing out of the ordinary just a pretty standard interview. I immediately gave my salary expectations when asked (not before) and I was told what a more realistic salary expectation should be given the job I was going for. Honestly my impression was that the people who work there love their company and love the job but, I can tell it is not for everyone. It is fast paced non-stop retail and rarely do you get a minute to breath. You need to be ready for a full on retail experience day one there so if you have never worked retail it could be a bit much for some people if they are not used to it. Interesting side bar is their break room. It is a small oasis for employees and it is very nice. Dimly lit with couches and a TV and usually very quiet so that you feel like you got a break.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing that we expect from an associate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate. I was told that this was the maximum they could pay me for a starting offer. I had tons of experience so they offered me the top end of the range. I do not think given that their sales are down that they had much more to offer honestly.

Associate Interview

Interview

It wasn't really much of an interview. They told me on the spot that I was hired and gave me a drug test. I stared work a week and a half later.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

There was only one interview; a group interview that was relatively painless. The woman leading the interview was extremely pleasant and handled the process well. It did seem to take an inordinate amount of time from my first interview to when they contacted me to offer the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your special qualities that differentiate you from other prospective employees?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Mostly computerized

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Meridian, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly, courteous, and kind. The interview took place in an unused break or meeting room where oddly there was a customer (or off-duty employee) sitting for the first few minutes. Previous interviewees came out in less than ten minutes; I was in for well over 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I remember "how do you feel about change?" and "do you see yourself as a leader type?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Olympia, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I went to hiring event. Talked to HR manager. He asked me a few questions, mostly what job I am looking for and why, my availability etc He took my resume and called me back next day to schedule another interview where he asked a lot more questions. We discussed my experience, my expectations from this job, their expectations from me and I got hired. I did drug test and filled some papers right there and then.

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Medford, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed 1 on 1 for around 20 minutes. Interviewer was incredibly friendly and didn't make me feel ridiculous when I misunderstood a question. I felt comfortable during the interview and it felt like a conversation rather than like I was being schooled at a game of 20 questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fred Meyer?   1 Answer

CCk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in June 2009.

Interview

I filled out application on line, same day the HRA called and set up an interview for the next week. Went to that interview, they called the next day set up a 2cd interview for the next week. I was called in for a 3rd interview the next week. This was when the job offer, drug test and back ground was done. It took several weeks for my Background to come back.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed with Human Resources, then met with a manager. Human Resources person handled all the basics interview questions, then the manager came in to describe the job and gauge my interest. I had plenty of experience in the field and was hired as soon as my background check came through. They do drug test for those who are curious.