Fry's Food Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fry's Food Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fry's Food (Avondale, AZ).

Interview

Got there 15 minutes early. When it was time for the interview I went to the office where I was greeted by the manager. She was very polite and got right to it. Interview took about 10 minutes and I was offered the job on the spot. She had me fill out some paperwork and drug tested me right there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Frys?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • What would your previous employers describe you as in one word?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Globe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Food (Globe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Very rude interview I have ever done. Would not listen to what I said, inappropriate conversations with employees, made a rude remark about me not having the "ideal personality" aka being a robot, faking a smile.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Food (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

The managers are very friendly there and so are the employees. The lady who interviewed me was very bubbly and nice. She asked me about five questions and the interview lasted for 10 minutes. She told me she really liked me and would like to offer me a job. About a week later, I got a phone call saying I was offered the job and I was scheduled for on-boarding two days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fry's Food.

Interview

I applied Online for the position called Clicklist associate. 2 days later I receive a phone call from Frys marketplace..for the phone interview, they ask you if you're still interested in the position you applied. And they also ask about you're past experience and you're availability. And then they schedule me for the 1:1 interview with the hiring manager the next day. The hiring manager was busy, so I was interview by the front end manager who is very nice, she asks me about my past experiences etc. and I gave her my resume. And happily, she automatically hired me on spot. But prepared for the quick swab drug test, they do it automatically after the interview. Later in the following week I have to sign employment papers etc. big tip, DO NOT BE LATE FOR THE INTERVIEW, BE THERE 15 MINS BEFORE APPOINTED TIME AND HAVE YOU'RE RESUME READY, GOOD LUCK!! :)

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Food (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

It was really nice, and very open. The man that interviewed me was very nice, and was super welcoming. He asked me about my conflict management and my people skills the most, and he made great eye contact.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Short and brief once you sat down they stated the process. They were polite and professional. They took me to the little office they had in the back of the store but I'm sure locations vary

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fry's Food (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Few days between interview and hiring,poor behaving of interview manager,was not told about salary and benefits,was not told that I should do everything and that I am not limited to produce...

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience as produce clerk?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Hills, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fry's Food (Fountain Hills, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked a series of questions about my ability to work at Fry's. Also had to submit to a drug testing. The interview was like your average interview, they asked questions and I answered them with an honest response.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to grow and learn new things with this company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Food (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. You set your usual work experiance resume etc. And then they have some multiple choice type testing to see if you are a good fit. Some of the questions are do you feel you need to be rewarded for a job well done? Agree Disagree Strongly agree/strongly disagree etc. The next set is a proficency test which has some weird questions about letters and Farms (think if Pen is to paper and paint is to paintbrush what is ...... )

Once called to set up an interview you go to the store and meet with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• The woman that interviewed me was very laid back and I didn't feel like I was being grilled. I was asked general questions about working alone or with people. What is my best job what was the worst and why. Do I feel I need to be rewarded for a job well done (some of these questions were asked in the electronic interview testing) Name a time and situation when facts resulted in the solution of a problem.   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Food.

Interview

You just walk upstairs to the management desks, and the person hiring you should already be there waiting. Once you get there they will seat you and immediately start the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one person in your life that wasn't given credit for work they have done   1 Answer