Georgia Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Tech Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.3

GTA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

Talked to professor, got recommended to administration. Got an offer a few weeks later. Went to the human resources building to fill out appropriate paperwork and I was ready to go.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

There was no interview for this job. The process of applying this job was to submit your application online (one recommendation letter from your previous CHBE professor was required). After you submit your application, they will assign some course that you are willing to do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating phase.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Met with lab post doc. Simply sat down and worked through resume. Asking for examples along the way. I was asked to describe various techniques and softwares stated in my resume. Matlab in particular. Asked about being a team leader.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give me an example of a problem you solved using xx method you learned   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

- Brief sit in with the people involved, talk about the research and responsibilities, as well as time commitment (was part time). The position varies for the professor and school you work with within Georgia Tech, some may be much harder than others. I was lucky as they needed a lot of new members coming into the lab.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

I was called to do a phone interview.I was asked very easy questions about my work history and my hobbies. They wanted to make sure that I was a team player as I would be working in a large group.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was great. Everyone was down to earth and asked good situational questions. They made me feel comfortable during the process. Although the atmosphere was that of a formal panel style interview, it was very light as everyone spoke of there own experiences that help you feel connected to those in the room.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation that required you to help a non technical person with a technical issue?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

No interview. Just ask the professor and if there is availability you will get in. Just make sure you have good grades and ask well in advance. I have nothing more to add but will keep typing to reach the min words required to submit...

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

This is not an normal interview for a job offer. This is just an interview for graudate scholl application.
     I submitted all materials online. After two month, the acadmic office of ECE department of Gatech decieded to accept me. Then, after I came here, I sent a professor an email, tried to join his lab for research. After talking with him, him accepted me, gladely.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying for one position, I was asked to apply for another position because I was "a good fit." An initial phone screen was scheduled for 3 weeks later. The person conducting the phone screen was an HR person, someone not normally assigned to the team this position would support. The HR person spent most of the 30 minutes talking about the position, and asked me very few questions. She was unable to answer most of my questions, and said someone from that team would follow up with me. Subsequent queries went unanswered, and I was finally notified 3 months later that I was not selected. I believe the position was recended.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use to manage projects and stay on top of work?   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked me to interview for the open position. Had a quick phone interview and then was scheduled for a face-to-face shortly after. The face-to-face lasted about 60 minutes.