Godiva Chocolatier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.4

ECommerce Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Long, drawn out and involved interview process, consisting of a phone screening and two in-person interviews followed up by four phone interviews with various members of the team and a small project. After all of that effort and time, I didn't receive any personalized feedback notifying me that I hadn't gotten the job - just a template letter 2+ months later letting me know that after reviewing my credentials they regret to inform me that I'm not a match. Felt disrespectful, given that I'd spent so much time in contact with them, to not even have the courtesy of a personal call or email notifying me of their decision. Really poor experience.

Interview Questions

• If you could change anything about the site, what would it be?   Answer Question

Part Time Chocolatier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Toledo, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy- but different than other companies. Usually you just go through an interview with store managers. However, with Godiva you go through 1-2 interviews with the store managers, and than an interview with the District Manager. All 3 of my interviews were over the phone.

Interview Questions

• A couple questions were about previous jobs, what you learned there, why did you leave...ect. All the normal interview questions. A few out of the ordinary questions were what was one thing you're proud of that you've accomplished? Describe to me your favorite meal, and how you feel when you're presented with that meal without talking about taste. (This was super weird.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I revived a phone call the day of my last interview that was a job offer with a firm pay rate.

ECommerce Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was easy and thorough. Had a HR round for about 45 min and then a in-person round at the office for an hour and half with the senior manager. She seemed nice and knew what she wanted

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (New York, NY).

Interview

had 8 interviews in total. 1 phone interview, 1 in-office interview with 3 people and then they had me back in for a final interview with 4 more people. Overall, process took over a month with a lot of stops and starts. After my final interview, I was told I would hear back in a few days. 3 weeks passed by and I heard nothing. I followed up a few times, and didn't hear anything. Followed up one last time and then finally got a response saying they went with someone else. Extremely unprofessional to not at least tell someone No after spending 8+ hours interviewing them. I declined another job offer because I wanted to continue with the interview process with Godiva. Bad move. In the end, they mentioned I was a great candidate but ultimately they wanted someone with a background in confectionary goods. I'm fine with a 'No' - but why take me thru so many interviews if you were looking for a different background? Several interviewers even asked me why I would want to work at Godiva and warned me that the processes and communication were frustrating because of it's more start-up culture. I actually thought the lack of response following my interviews was a part of the process - some sort of test in regards to my level of patience! hah. Oh well - everything happens for a reason! If you interview here, just be wary about being taken for a ride!

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, walk me thru your resume, etc. Some specific questions about 'what would you do in certain situations/with difficult people, etc' Lots of questions about how comfortable you are with ambiguity and cultures with not a lot of direction/start-up vibes   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Very laid back and casual questions. I was hired on the spot. However, they never got back to me about a start date. When I called a few weeks later, they acted like they had been trying to get in touch with me, which I don't buy for a second. I don't know what went wrong, but it was a waste of my time and I don't appreciate being lied to.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (New York, NY).

Interview

Group Interview where they asked several questions. It seemed to be very first impression based rather than a proper interview. They hire multiple people at a time. Most likely because the turnover rate is so high, & they barely even glanced at our resumes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I loved chocolate.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier.

Interview

Met with HR manager and GM for our store. Was relatively fast and too the point. Was relatively informal. Found a place to sit in the mall talked a bit about current work and other job experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this job?
      Steps to make a sale.
      Answer Question

Boutique Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with an already established Manager within the district. Very professional, and they offer a free chocolate to you after your interview. They have a uniform questioning sheet that the interviewer will take notes on.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of S.T.A.R. questions ask.   1 Answer

Boutique Manager Interview

Interview

Overall everyone I intervied with was great. However 4 interviews and very extreme background check prolongs the process. Many of the wuestions were basic but took about a month to finalize the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Best interview I've ever had. My Manager aka my recruiter was awesome and friendly. Felt like I knew her for years before the interview had taken place. I found out abt the job fair last minute, didn't even have my resume on my person and I got hired on the spot. The interview lasted about an hour. This company is incredible, very inviting and encouraging to newcomers.

Interview Questions

• How did you like your previous employers?   1 Answer