Godiva Chocolatier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a 3-step process, relatively quick and painless. Once I applied, I did an interview with the District Manager. After a successful interview, I was moved on to an interview with the Regional Manager. The final step was interviewing with the HR Manager. The job offer was immediate after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table as a member of management?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2012.

Interview

I picked up an application and turned it in at the boutique (and bought some chocolate, of course!). The following week I was contacted by the Boutique Manager for a different Godiva location nearby. After that interview I was set with appointments to do phone interviews with the District Manager and with HR. The DM and Boutique Manager followed up frequently to let me know my status through the onboarding process, and into my travel arrangements for training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a victory or achievement to worked hard for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a competitive wage for the level I entered at. I accepted their initial offer.

Chocolatier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in July 2017.

Interview

Typical retail interview. Meet in person. Most questions began with
    Tell me about a time when...
    Wage was the primary focus. If you are not willing to work at the low end of scale (minimum wage for PT) don't interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a short ten minute interview. Basically general questions and very quick. Asked why i want to work for Godiva, and what I would do in a stress situation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Godiva?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Huntington, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I sat down with the store manager. Store manager asked several questions about work and customer service experience. If you pass they then asked you to sign papers to do a background check. Then as the background check is processing, they tell you to come back with two form of id to begin the hiring process!

Chocolatier Interview

Interview

Basic entry level interview that asked about previous work experience and why I wanted the job. We went over possible scheduling and they were flexible with my needs. I needed to fill out a standard questionnaire about myself. I was soon interviewed again to be a shift manager.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was asked why I wanted to work for Godiva and if I had any experience in the field. They asked if I had any experience in the gourmet food industry, asked me if I knew anyone who worked in the industry, and asked me about myself (hobbies, interests, and such)

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in January 2014.

Interview

I interviewed in January 2014 for an Analyst position at corporate in PA, and the recruiter was rude and offensive. Godiva apparently contracts their recruiting to a company called ORS, so the recruiter was interviewing me on behalf of Godiva.

The interview took a downturn very quickly. About the 3rd question in, the recruiter said that it seemed like I had a great job at a great company (ha! if only perception were reality), so why are we talking? My thought was uhh... you tell me. The recruiter and I had corresponded for a few days before the interview, and she had asked why I was interested in this position. I explained to her that I was seeking opportunities to grow professionally/grow my breath of experience and that this position seemed like a great opportunity to grow my programming skills. I thought I'd made this clear via email, so why are we revisiting it during the interview? I reiterated to her that I was looking to grow professionally, and her response was that I needed to sell myself better on why I wanted to leave. Huh... never realized that I needed to sell myself on why I wanted to leave, I thought I needed to sell myself on why I wanted this job. She also mentioned that I needed to be truthful about why I wanted to leave. Where is this coming?? Not sure what she was trying to get at, but honestly, that was it. Having seen my resume and having corresponded a few days before the interview, if the recruiter had any doubts, she shouldn't have interviewed me.

The recruiter then asked how this position would help me grow professionally. I explained to her that it's a new company, new team, new products, new database and tools, new responsibilities and expectations, so there was much to learn. The recruiter indicated that the next step up from where I am is a managerial role, and since this position wasn't a managerial role, she didn't see the growth. Isn't learning in any capacity growing? Why is growing limited to what your title is? And once again, if she had doubts, then why did she interview me?

The recruiter also gave me her two cents on how a good manager will help you find opportunities in the company (yeah, well, sometimes those opportunities aren't there, so in my opinion, a good manager helps nurture your career by encouraging you to seek opportunities you're interested in) and how only people who've been with a company for 7 years know that they've maximized all options (really, 7 years? why would it take you so long to realize that?). Clearly, the recruiter and I weren't going to see eye-to-eye on anything.

The position would have required relocation, and her questions were a repeat of what she asked via email a few days earlier. Are you ok with relocation? Do you own or rent? She also asked an odd question, whether I had factored in standard of living into my salary. I had, but why does she care?

She left a few minutes for questions I had (about the job and Godiva), and she couldn't answer most of them. Or maybe she just wanted to end the call.

This was by far the most infuriating interview I had, and I should have ended it within the first 5 minutes vs. letting it continue. Aside from her constant interruptions, her tone just said it all. If she's the "face" of Godiva to prospective candidates, then, no thank you. I'm withdrawing my application. This position is not my end all be all.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Why do you want to leave your current employer? What do you know about Godiva? Walk me through your resume. What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Boutique Manager Interview

Interview

Overall everyone I intervied with was great. However 4 interviews and very extreme background check prolongs the process. Many of the wuestions were basic but took about a month to finalize the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Boutique Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with an already established Manager within the district. Very professional, and they offer a free chocolate to you after your interview. They have a uniform questioning sheet that the interviewer will take notes on.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of S.T.A.R. questions ask.   1 Answer