Godiva Chocolatier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a 3-step process, relatively quick and painless. Once I applied, I did an interview with the District Manager. After a successful interview, I was moved on to an interview with the Regional Manager. The final step was interviewing with the HR Manager. The job offer was immediate after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table as a member of management?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2012.

Interview

I picked up an application and turned it in at the boutique (and bought some chocolate, of course!). The following week I was contacted by the Boutique Manager for a different Godiva location nearby. After that interview I was set with appointments to do phone interviews with the District Manager and with HR. The DM and Boutique Manager followed up frequently to let me know my status through the onboarding process, and into my travel arrangements for training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a victory or achievement to worked hard for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a competitive wage for the level I entered at. I accepted their initial offer.

Chocolatier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in July 2017.

Interview

Typical retail interview. Meet in person. Most questions began with
    Tell me about a time when...
    Wage was the primary focus. If you are not willing to work at the low end of scale (minimum wage for PT) don't interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a short ten minute interview. Basically general questions and very quick. Asked why i want to work for Godiva, and what I would do in a stress situation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Godiva?   1 Answer

Chocolatier Interview

Interview

Basic entry level interview that asked about previous work experience and why I wanted the job. We went over possible scheduling and they were flexible with my needs. I needed to fill out a standard questionnaire about myself. I was soon interviewed again to be a shift manager.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was asked why I wanted to work for Godiva and if I had any experience in the field. They asked if I had any experience in the gourmet food industry, asked me if I knew anyone who worked in the industry, and asked me about myself (hobbies, interests, and such)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Huntington, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I sat down with the store manager. Store manager asked several questions about work and customer service experience. If you pass they then asked you to sign papers to do a background check. Then as the background check is processing, they tell you to come back with two form of id to begin the hiring process!

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

You interview with the DM, then a recruiter, then someone in HR and then the RD.
    It is crazy to go through that many interviews to work in a chocolate store.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with an already established Manager within the district. Very professional, and they offer a free chocolate to you after your interview. They have a uniform questioning sheet that the interviewer will take notes on.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of S.T.A.R. questions ask.   1 Answer

Boutique Manager Interview

Interview

Overall everyone I intervied with was great. However 4 interviews and very extreme background check prolongs the process. Many of the wuestions were basic but took about a month to finalize the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation