Grab Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Grab Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The process involved an on-site interview in half a day. Four coding interviews.

Even though the interview questions were straight forward, I heard back that one of the engineering managers didn't think they had a position open for my skills. Which is seriously dumbfounding: I submitted a resume with my experience, so why was it necessary to spend half a day there doing interview questions when it wasn't even necessary?

It's fairly clear that unless you're a senior engineer, they'll not treat candidates that well. I got asked out on a date by one of the interviewers after.

THAT was exciting.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary; the usual tree traversal/string manipulation/etc. It's not too difficult if you're practiced on LeetCode/interviewBit   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grab

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. the questions are challenging and more difficult than most of companies. 3 technical rounds and 1 design/behavior round. The offer is pretty good, and the outlook of the company is great, IMHO

Interview Questions

• system design on a component of their service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

1. Started with phone calls with recruiter.
    2. Setup informational with Hiring Manager on-site giving me a look at what's the energy level in the company.
    3. Interview Loop on-site.
    4. Offer stage and negotiations. (got my result within a week)

Interview Questions

• Prepare yourself in Leetcode Medium / Hard kind of questions. Software Design questions. Probably a team fit / cultural fit interview in the last interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very brief only 30 minutes. Interviewer ok but should be more ok. Couldn’t know but should know more bout the process we are perprung to answer but it seems not so good anymore. Thus this shud not be a suprised becoz it is wat it ks

Interview Questions

• What do you feel about working   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

Had a telephonic with recruiter, followed by telephonic tech interview, 3 tech rounds and hiring manager interview onsite. Tech rounds consisted of 2 algorithms questions and 1 system design. All interviews were heavily focused on understanding previous experience.

One of the on-site tech interviewers was intent on putting down my current employer and product. He was very proud of his work at grab which is great but trashing other company is arrogance.

The hiring manager seemed pretty disconnected and hadn’t reviewed the resume prior to interview.

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

The interview process was well structured. It starts with a phone interview and if it goes well, they call you for an on site three hour technical interview. Three different engineers will then ask you questions for an hour each.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

30 mins with recruiter, just chit chat, quite relaxing and it's more about knowing one another. 45 mins with engineering manager, white board coding throughout, in my opinion, this is the 'real' interview. questions are not hard, just need to calm down and write down the answers. Following up questions could be quite challenging.

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse a sentence of words
      2. find out the only none duplicated number from an array
      3. find out the last nth node in a linked list   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grab (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

It was worst experience ever. They have poor knowledge of arranging interview as well as poor engineers. HR communication is too harsh, sometime they just don't respond for anything. I'm assuming they have poor internet to check their emails or they just treat others bad.

Interviewer enters into cabin for interview without my resume or exercise(submitted earlier). Have no idea about what he asking to the candidates.

After interview, it's been 3 months. HR doesn't replied back for almost 10 update asking mails.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked such lame questions that I wouldn't even mention/answer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Phone call, coding test and onsite. Pretty standard process. Very technical with focus on data structure and algorithms.

HR is unprofessional and asks illegal question during interview.

It is an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your marital status ? (Isn’t this question illegal) ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

Initial interview and technical interview is okay. On the final interview (which is usually a non-tech interview), I was asked the very same technical questions during the first tech interview. I proceeded anyway and during the Q&A portion I said to the interviewer that the HR notified me that this should be the final interview and he replied "oh we put through candidates to more technical interviews when we see fit". I realized that this was an excuse when 10 mins before the interview ends, he suddenly said "well, okay let's proceed to some behavioral questions then". There was a clear miscommunication between the HR and interviewer.

I received an email 2 days later saying that I passed and they will make a pre-offer call after completing some questionnaires. 2 days later, they reject me stating that they decided to move forward with another candidate??? Really???