Grab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grab

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab in July 2018.

Interview

I applied through a Grab post on LinkedIn. Since, I was not actively looking for a change, so I asked the recruiter to schedule an interview in 2 weeks time so that I can prepare for the interview. I had a telephonic discussion followed by three face to face technical rounds including a hiring manager round.

Overall, I am very satisfied with Grab's interview process. Scheduling was smooth and interviewers were on time. Interview was bit difficult but nothing unimaginable. One positive thing is that the hiring manager round went for one hour in which 45 minutes were spent in technical discussions on whiteboard, while only 15 minutes on goals and cultural fit questions.

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the exact questions. However, here is what I can share:
      1. Problem solving: A graph question that started with simply source-destination reachability, but interviewer twisted the problem twice which also tested your backtrack/dp knowledge. Detailed discussion on time and space complexity and interestingly I was asked to optimize on space complexity as well. Must know: Graph - BFS/DFS + Backtrack and optimization using DP.   Answer Question
    • 2. System design: Working on a scalable web app will help a lot in this round. I am thankful to my previous company where I could learn and implement concepts. Be clear about goals that the system should be achieve, avoid over-engineering if the goals are not big. Start with a simple solution and build on that.   Answer Question
    • 3. Hiring manager: Started with a technical problem that their team is trying to solve. It was an interesting and intellectually stimulating discussion. Drawing out different components on whiteboard. Last 15 minutes of the interview was more on my personal goals and cultural fit questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. the questions are challenging and more difficult than most of companies. 3 technical rounds and 1 design/behavior round. The offer is pretty good, and the outlook of the company is great, IMHO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The process involved an on-site interview in half a day. Four coding interviews.

Even though the interview questions were straight forward, I heard back that one of the engineering managers didn't think they had a position open for my skills. Which is seriously dumbfounding: I submitted a resume with my experience, so why was it necessary to spend half a day there doing interview questions when it wasn't even necessary?

It's fairly clear that unless you're a senior engineer, they'll not treat candidates that well. I got asked out on a date by one of the interviewers after.

THAT was exciting.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary; the usual tree traversal/string manipulation/etc. It's not too difficult if you're practiced on LeetCode/interviewBit   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

1. Started with phone calls with recruiter.
    2. Setup informational with Hiring Manager on-site giving me a look at what's the energy level in the company.
    3. Interview Loop on-site.
    4. Offer stage and negotiations. (got my result within a week)

Interview Questions

• Prepare yourself in Leetcode Medium / Hard kind of questions. Software Design questions. Probably a team fit / cultural fit interview in the last interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

Had a telephonic with recruiter, followed by telephonic tech interview, 3 tech rounds and hiring manager interview onsite. Tech rounds consisted of 2 algorithms questions and 1 system design. All interviews were heavily focused on understanding previous experience.

One of the on-site tech interviewers was intent on putting down my current employer and product. He was very proud of his work at grab which is great but trashing other company is arrogance.

The hiring manager seemed pretty disconnected and hadn’t reviewed the resume prior to interview.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grab in February 2018.

Interview

Worst Worst .. Recruiter is deciding the candidate without know the technology stack

Funny Recruiter asking one word questions. . if you give deep answer they don't understand the reject immediately ..

Interview Questions

• Nothing..And they are loosing good candidate without understand the skills sets   1 Answer

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was a combination of two phone interviews and onsite interviews with three team members. It took about 3 weeks total. I was not impressed with the hiring manager missing our scheduled phone interview two different times, two days in a row. Simply unacceptable.

The other surprising part was that the team spent a significant amount of time selling me on the role and convincing me why I should join. When I didn't receive an offer, it was because I didn't have enough of the experience they were looking for - so you can imagine how disjointed the feedback was from the interview content. Why spend so much time wooing me? Why even interview me if you could see from my resume I don't have the right number of years of experience?

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions revolved around my recruiting approach and methodology, sourcing strategy, creative ways I've found technical talent, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was contacted by Grab's internal HR about a position which was lower than my pay grade. It was later apparently filled and HR asked if I would like to consider another similar position. Decided to go in with an open mind to find out more about the company. Before the meeting, I was asked to do a strategy paper for the company to be presented at the meeting. I expressed my concerns to HR that sensible advice cannot be baseless given that I had not spoken to anyone at that point, and substantial effort needs to be put into such a presentation. HR said this was what they required. Needless to say, I didn't give away too much information.

Let's just say that I wasn't impressed with the team when I met them. One of the roles stated in the job description was not even something they were planning to do in the near term nor had any internal expertise in.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the company should identify itself as   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab in February 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen -> 2 Phone Interviews -> Presentation to a Panel
    Never heard back from the recruiter after the final presentation. Ridiculous of the HR to not even reply to emails. At least close the loop saying you are not selected.

Interview Questions

• Why Grab ? Case Study Questions? Finally presented GTM strategy for a new market   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview in Seattle office was normal, 3 rounds regular algorithm and design stuffs like all other companies. But if they don't like you, they just reject you silently without bothering response an inquiry email. For a company aiming to attract FB and Google talents in US, it is better to treat candidates with respect as it reflects how it treats employee to some extent. For folks who are joining them in Seattle, be prepared to work at night to sync with their Asian teams and hunt down information hard from Asia. That seems a common thing current employees do not like.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

- A recruiter called and then scheduled a technical phone interview
    A guy called with a thick asian accent asked basic questions. He wasn't listening most of the time. At some points he was like "you did not answer the question" when I asked what the answer should be then he said exactly what I answered, that was very frustrating.
    Then when 20 minutes left he asked me to implement a coding question... The question was very hard and would take more than 40 minutes. I asked him if it is OK to do a naïve answer since we don't have much time then he said "sure". Finally he just wanted to leave and answered my questions very quickly ending it with "do you have more questions?". Overall the interview was really bad and not professional. I would definitely have declined to continue the interview process if they asked me to.

Interview Questions

• A question about matrix and finding groups in the matrix (confidential)   1 Answer