Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.1

Configuration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Brief call with recruiter, phone call with Engineering Manager of the team you'd work on, on site technical test, interview with the tech lead for the office

Recruiter didn't respond to 3 of my follow up emails asking for a response on my status. Only person to respond was the tech lead, which was also a very vague answer after a week. Don't think it's very professional to leave a candidate hanging, even if you are going to reject them.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Applied online from their website. They assigned me a date for a phone call but never called me. When I asked them the reason they told me they forgot.

Senior Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was emailed once they got the application. This was a couple of days after I had applied. So I was quite happy to see they respond pretty quick. But then I was left with major surprises.

They responded by thursday morning and since I was busy with some work I couldn't respond and this guy wanted to talk that day itself( phone screening the day they responded.

I said I have an onsite interview upcoming monday and I would like to me more prepared since I had heard great reviews about the company. But he still insisted I give interview the very next day and it is nothing more than a general questions.

The next day he called in the midst of work already and he started with introducing himself trying to know my work etc.

Then came the Q&A part and he pretty much asked all textual questions about SQL and JDBC.

I had mentioned earlier too I was not well prepared since I was preparing more for the Data structures and Algorithmic questions based in Java rather than pertinent SQL and JDBC questions.

I tried to lay out examples and more experience based answers rather than the "expected textual answers".

Seemingly a negative review was passed on to the hiring manager and I was told my candidacy won't be pursued.

This was really disappointing since they really didn't give me time to prepare and are rejecting people just because they want to move ahead with other people's candidacy. This seemed a bit unfair to me.

Interview Questions

• Normal SQL Joins, EXISTS, Optimistic/Pessimistic locking in SQL etc. and some JDBC questions.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire (Tampa Palms, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiting team was extremely responsive and well organized in setting up interview times and answering all of my questions. I met by phone with a peer, hiring manager and team executive. All were very forthcoming about the position, challenges and culture.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a successful negotiation with a client regarding project scope and budget overrun   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Unethical, unprofessional cheap shop. Worst ever experience in last 16 years. Got phone call from manager without even any prior notification from recruiter, asked him to reschedule and 1 week later recruiter got the interview scheduled, had the discussion with the hiring manager and two days later got the feedback that i did very well in the phone round and they would like me to come onsite and second recruiter will take it forward. That recruiter never came back for 2-3 weeks, when i contacted them the recruiter was on vacation and another one said oh your salary is on higher side and we can't match it, this was after 5 weeks of process initiation, finally after 2 weeks got the opportunity to go there, two people come to the room and explain that i have to code and make sure the UT passes but their IntelliJ is behaving weird and it took them 35 minutes to fix it :-), then i had one more similar round and did good and then the recruiter came and said looks like it is not going well so we would like to conclude.

This is not a software company and looks like they don't have many employees as no logical person can work here.

Pathetic company, please don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Chess game object model. How to implement Hashtable, One silly poker card game code written super bad and you have to complete.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

3 Phases - phone screen with HR, phone with Consulting, 3 person face to face. Face to face was with 3 people in Chicago. 3 types of questions - first was experience/behavioral, next was culture and fit, final was to show some of their technology

Senior Training Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Process took 4- 5weeks time since I applied. First round was with a Hiring Manager followed by a technical test that has to be completed and sent. Following the test there were 5 rounds of phone interviews with different members of the team with a day apart from each interview. Finally I was called for a F2F which ran for 4 hours. (one on one interview with 4 different people) then a final presentation. Questions asked were all very straightforward and the overall attitude of the interviewers were amazing. Though I didn't get an offer, I felt happy being part of the whole process. Great company.

Interview Questions

• * what is a star schema? *Situation when you had to convince your employer that your content design is right   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall a pretty disappointing experience and I regret spending so much time and effort chasing it. I had applied to numerous roles with this company in the past (with never a single acknowledgment) so when they reached out to me months ago for a yet-to-be-posted opportunity, I was pretty happy. Had a quick call with the hiring manager and was told I'd hear back when the job was posted. Two months later I was asked to apply. One month after that I was asked to come in (though I asked for another call first since so much time elapsed). I went in and had 4 one hour interviews, full of very generic, mundane questions and little opportunity for me to ask questions in return. A couple days later I was asked to come in again and essentially repeat the process with new people. So after two trips and numerous one on ones, I received a very curt email basically saying "we're not making an offer!" with zero feedback but was told I was recommended for another position (one that I applied to in the past). After a few days I followed up about the role I was supposedly recommended for, only to be told that I was already screened out of it months ago! Pretty laughable. What I can say on the positive side is that everyone was pretty nice and the environment is very laid back, but if you want to work in a true agile environment, then forget it. Too many red flags for me and a great example of a company with a dominant market position that has zero reason to change the archaic way they go about developing software.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. They asked me two questions and had me code them up. They let me draw stuff out on the whiteboard, but I didn't need to for most of it. Pretty basic questions.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, had phone screener by HRa few days after, lasted about 10 minutes, phone interview with hiring manager a couple of days after, lasted about 1 hour. Both the HR person and the hiring manager were very professional and friendly. I was not selected but was given a good feedback on my interview performance and reasons why i was not selected. I think they are a great company and i would love to try to work there in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about various Agile methodologies?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with Enterprise Software   1 Answer