Guidewire Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 359 of over 359 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Guidewire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

Interviewed by phone with recruiter, phone call with hiring manager, in person interview with VP, Community Manager, and hiring manager. This seems normal for the company. Hiring manager had a serious tone by everyone else was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • Questions mainly around "tell me about yourself", "How does your current work relate", and technical questions about my experience with various tooling.
    Answer Question

Guidewire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

I interviewed with Guidewire in July/August 2020 for a Campus Recruiter position. A member of the Talent team reached out to me to set up an interview. When I joined the Zoom link for my interview I had my camera on, but the interviewer left their camera off for the whole interview and never addressed the camera situation, I felt this was in-personal. I was then rejected a few days later, it was great that they let me know quickly as a lot of companies take a lot longer. I then asked for feedback and never received a response.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Kraków)

Interview

There were 3 rounds: 1. 2 Codility tasks. Not very complex. 2. 2. Technical interview. 3. 3. Technical interview. Life codding. Interview sessions were organised quite well. At the end there was a positive feedback and no offer. Recruiter said that they decided not to hire because of end of financial period. After few months I asked about a possibility to proceed recruitment process. Recruiter wrote that she would check and return with the answer. And forget about me. Still don't have normal feedback.

Interview Questions
  • General java questions Develop service architecture on high level

Guidewire

Application

I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

very smooth process and the questions were some how easy/meduim. The Interviewers were very friendy and helpful and gives a lot of hints. It was a great experience and learned alot from it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Guidewire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

After an initial coding challenge, I received an interview which tested my basic Java and SQL knowledge. After that I received 3 more interviews involving technical problem solving, troubleshooting and behavioral questions. Unfortunately did not receive an offer in the end.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and about a past project you worked on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Mateo, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

I generally hesitate to write reviews.. but this had to be shared. One of the worst and the lengthiest interview experiences I ever had. The total interview process was almost 9 hours. First of all, I was reached out by a recruiter, and I never heard of Guidewire before and so never applied.Follow up interview was scheduled with the Sr director (around 1 hour) immediately after the recruiter call. I didn't feel the JD aligns with my current role or what I am looking for in my next job. But anyway I thought of giving it a try. I cleared the round and was given codility challenge(2 hours). After clearing that, I had another 1 hour interview with principal software engineer, more than technical, it was situation based, never had that kind of interviews for an average company. Next day, it was followed by 4 hours of interview with a panel. Each of it was a masterpiece experience. Was asked questions totally unrelated to the position, some technical but some were totally off track.. another coding round was to connect to the interviewer's remote machine which was super slow and irritating, to top that the interviewer doesn't seem to have any idea of the question, was unable to answer my questions and I had to figure out looking at the test cases. After that I have been told to do one more round of interview scheduled for 45 min at an odd hour which went until 1 hour and was asked to code on a platform that keeps throwing errors even without adding my code..... And finally I hear back that they have finalized on someone else .. 🤨.. Don't waste your time on this company ... I wish someone told me this before... could have saved me time and effort.

Interview Questions
  • Even the interviewers don't know what they ask.. So try your luck if you have a lot........ of time to waste..

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Mateo, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

It was pretty fair. Have to take Coding Challenge with 4 questions based on Java and SQL. It was 135 minutes based test. Than series of interviews with two different teams.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Dublin) in Apr 2021

Interview

Online coding interview followed by a 1 hour technical interview(over zoom during lockdown), a 30 minute phone interview with hr, a 1 hour hr interview(zoom) and a 3 hour interview with a mix of culture and technical.

Interview Questions
  • Java specific questions, variable modifiers, polymorphism/ inheritance, string modification, Java Collection library, etc.

Guidewire

Application

I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

The interviewers were very professional and engaged. It never felt like what I was saying didn’t matter to them. I wish all interviews were like this. Very comfortable professional setting and atmosphere.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Guidewire? Are you familiar with any products?

Guidewire

Application

I interviewed at Guidewire

Interview

Overall process was fast and very professional. After the initial phone interview with HR, I talked to hiring Manager via zoom where we talked about my background and technical experiences. Following week I met hiring manager again to cover the cultural piece. In the same week I met with team members and Sr. Director of Revenue and CAO (each took 30 min). No specific questions to tell, they make sure your experience is relevant to the role and you are a good fit to the Company culture. You can tell a lot about the Company after you go through all those interview process and I have to tell that I am really impressed. From begining to end I felt that they really focus on people not just making sure you technically fit. I got the offer following day and accepted. So far every step proves what a perfect choice I made. Can’t wait to join to this amazing Company and the team and make a difference!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience on contract review, what was the non-standard terms

Guidewire

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guidewire in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview is very average. First round talked to Hiring Manager with technical questions based on the resume and experience. Second round is a Hackerrank assessment comprising of DB, an easy problem and a Front end problem in Javascript. Completed all three and was called for third round. Interview was scheduled at 6am EST(Never did I attend an interview at 6 in the morning but I have taken this because of their policy that they can't do in off hours of their employee who is working in India). Third round was more technical questions and a system design question. Overall all the interviews went well. But the most annoying thing is they were too slow and the response they send is "We are still collecting the feedback" The same response lasted for 2 weeks and then I stopped sending emails to them.

Interview Questions
  • Security Questions, Design a conferencing app, SQL Union complex question, Javascript appending new content dynamically by parsing an input, String Manipulation Leetcode
Viewing 1 - 10 of 359 Interviews