Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Configuration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Brief call with recruiter, phone call with Engineering Manager of the team you'd work on, on site technical test, interview with the tech lead for the office

Recruiter didn't respond to 3 of my follow up emails asking for a response on my status. Only person to respond was the tech lead, which was also a very vague answer after a week. Don't think it's very professional to leave a candidate hanging, even if you are going to reject them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

I was referred in by a former co-worker, so my skills were already proven.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair offer

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a call with the recruiter. Then with each of three peers in the role. All via phone. I then did in-person interviews at a hotel with peers, directors and potential direct reports. Overall a great interview experience. The in-person process was very easy, they flew me down and booked a suite for me. Each of the interviewers then came to my suite for my interviews. This allowed me to 'control' the situation with air conditioning, water, cleanliness, etc. Dress code was business casual. Questions were focused and tone was congenial.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage technical consultants in the field.   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter has a conversation and explains in great detail ho focused Guidewire is in hiring the best talent and as a result has a comprehensive and difficult interview process.
    There were 3 phone screens
    Followed by 2 in depth phone interviews
    Finally, a whole day of face to face interviews with 4 different interviewers (or teams)

Interview Questions

• Discuss how you use your technical background to develop and guide team members to meet their career goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guidewire (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from recruiter requesting to schedule a time for first round of interview. Interviewer was friendly and asked some basic Java questions along with Hashtable collisions and chaining. A basic leetcode algorithm as well. Also asked some background questions. Later, sent an email with a coding question for second round. Question was bit huge for the timeframe provided. Still, have completed it but later got a rejection email saying that they didn't find a matched position to my profile.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Birmingham, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted through LinkedIn saying that your skills and experience matching the position we have right now. During HR call they asked me more than twice about the offers that I had at that time. They told for phone screening technical and two days after the interview they again contacted saying your skills are very impressive and called for onsite interview. Again they asked that whether I have any offers and I had one other offer at that time. They told that they are worried about other offer before onsite interview. The interviewers looks professional because I think they have good management skills but they didn't have perfect grip on the technologies they are working on. But totally ok interview. Most funniest thing is that they denied to give you me an offer saying that you are too Jr for considering to this role because they itself called me and they played partial role in losing other offer as well. Please be careful in considering for the interview. This interview wasted my valuable time and I spent lot of money for my travel. I think God only knows the original reason to be contacted by this type of time wasting people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Asked a few questions about what classes I was taking and overall experience (stuff from resume). Then asked a question about license plates and how I would design software structures for that particular application. Don't remember specifics.

Interview Questions

• Asked to design software structures for license plates   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call from recruiter in couple of days.
    Discussed about my background. Scheduled phone interview with one of the technical engineer.
    But did not get call on the scheduled time. Then later rescheduled the interview. Interviewer was helpful. Asked some questions on hashmap and linked list, about time complexities and sorrting

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Mostly consisted of phone interviews. Theby ask you questions about software design and data structures. Interview will be easy if you know concepts. They also asks you behavioural questions about projects you have worked on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted to set up a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager introduced himself and asked what I know about Guidewire. Then he asked me a design question and I had to go through the design steps and the second question was on data structures. I did not understand the question exactly though.