Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

3.2

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Overall a positive experience. I had three rounds of interviews. The questions were situational based. Key HR and org leaders took part in the interview. It was three in-person interviews for the role. The first in-person interview was with the HR team.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based - how would you tackle this issue if faced in your organization.   Answer Question

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, followed a few days later by phone screen with hiring manager, then a few days later with onsite interviews with developers and product managers. Good communication throughout process -- very professional and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions to probe how you viewed product manager's role and scope. Also asked questions about business requirements to show how you would translate into technical requirements.   Answer Question

Configuration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Brief call with recruiter, phone call with Engineering Manager of the team you'd work on, on site technical test, interview with the tech lead for the office

Recruiter didn't respond to 3 of my follow up emails asking for a response on my status. Only person to respond was the tech lead, which was also a very vague answer after a week. Don't think it's very professional to leave a candidate hanging, even if you are going to reject them.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Completely straightforward. The recruiter was straightforward and kept every one of her promises and deadlines. The hiring manager was forthright. I went to the Foster City office and spent about 4 hours in 30-minute interviews.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Applied online from their website. They assigned me a date for a phone call but never called me. When I asked them the reason they told me they forgot.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire (Tampa Palms, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiting team was extremely responsive and well organized in setting up interview times and answering all of my questions. I met by phone with a peer, hiring manager and team executive. All were very forthcoming about the position, challenges and culture.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a successful negotiation with a client regarding project scope and budget overrun   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Unethical, unprofessional cheap shop. Worst ever experience in last 16 years. Got phone call from manager without even any prior notification from recruiter, asked him to reschedule and 1 week later recruiter got the interview scheduled, had the discussion with the hiring manager and two days later got the feedback that i did very well in the phone round and they would like me to come onsite and second recruiter will take it forward. That recruiter never came back for 2-3 weeks, when i contacted them the recruiter was on vacation and another one said oh your salary is on higher side and we can't match it, this was after 5 weeks of process initiation, finally after 2 weeks got the opportunity to go there, two people come to the room and explain that i have to code and make sure the UT passes but their IntelliJ is behaving weird and it took them 35 minutes to fix it :-), then i had one more similar round and did good and then the recruiter came and said looks like it is not going well so we would like to conclude.

This is not a software company and looks like they don't have many employees as no logical person can work here.

Pathetic company, please don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Chess game object model. How to implement Hashtable, One silly poker card game code written super bad and you have to complete.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied via website, contacted by recruiter and had phone screen. I was invited onsite for interviews. Came back for second interviews and the process moved fairly quick. Everything seem to go well on my end but I didn't get the job, the recruiter sent an email saying that they could not move forward at this time and no other explanation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

3 Phases - phone screen with HR, phone with Consulting, 3 person face to face. Face to face was with 3 people in Chicago. 3 types of questions - first was experience/behavioral, next was culture and fit, final was to show some of their technology

Senior Training Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Process took 4- 5weeks time since I applied. First round was with a Hiring Manager followed by a technical test that has to be completed and sent. Following the test there were 5 rounds of phone interviews with different members of the team with a day apart from each interview. Finally I was called for a F2F which ran for 4 hours. (one on one interview with 4 different people) then a final presentation. Questions asked were all very straightforward and the overall attitude of the interviewers were amazing. Though I didn't get an offer, I felt happy being part of the whole process. Great company.

Interview Questions

• * what is a star schema? *Situation when you had to convince your employer that your content design is right   Answer Question