Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2018

3.1

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Overall interview process was very good. The process was quick and took couple weeks.
    First week phone call with recruiter as well as the hiring manager.
    Second week onsite interviews, panel as well as 1:1 interviews.
    Third week was waiting for the feedback as the interviews with other candidates was in progress.
    Fourth week received response from the recruiter asking about the salary comp and they are still considering the top couple candidates and waiting for the feedback. Decision was made in the fourth week.
    So overall it was a quick process and the interviewers knows what they are looking for within their team.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were inline with what they were looking for as a part of overall program management skills.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

I applied online for an internship position, and was contacted by HR for a phone screening. It was pretty standard, as they asked about my availability for a phone call. After providing a time and date, I never received a response and was never contacted at the designated time and date. I followed up via email afterwards, but my attempts at communicating were ignored. I totally understand if there were scheduling issues or if the position was no longer available, but I would have definitely hoped for more clarity and closure from the company/HR. I think completely ignoring a candidate after asking for their availability is quite unprofessional. While I'm not sure this is representative of the entire company or the entire HR department, the individual I was communicating with made this a negative experience.

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

After being submitted for the role, I was contacted by a recruiter for the call. The call seemed to go well, though the recruiter didn't seem to be quite as prepared to discuss the role as I would have expected. When I asked for next steps at the end, I was told that her feedback would be given to the hiring managers who had already placed me on their "short-list" and things would move on from there.

I followed up the call with the customary 'Thank You' email letter.

That was 5 weeks ago. It has been silence ever since.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Exton, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, after which there were four steps:

1) The recruiter reached out to touch base and explain the hiring process to me.
    2) There was an at-home technical test focusing mainly on Java knowledge and best practices.
    3) There was a phone screen to discuss my resume.
    4) There was an in-person interview with several interviewers and portions, including a technical portion for whiteboarding and a cultural fit interview.

Overall both the recruiting team and the hiring team were great. They did a great job scheduling things, getting back in a timely manner, answering my questions, etc. I would highly recommend applying here.

Interview Questions

• OOP fundamentals. Describe class structure for a given situation.   1 Answer

Regional Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire in March 2018.

Interview

(1) 30 minute phone screen with a Recruiter
    (2) 60 minute phone interviews with peers

I would have given this a positive overall experience but the last interview and their reason for passing on me was so frustrating.

Onsite interview day with 5 people

Received a call from the recruiter to setup a time to speak. Call went very well and we spent 30 minutes discussing my background, recruiter made the determination that I would be a good fit for the role and the same day another recruiter contacted me regarding availability for phone interviews with a peer.
    First call with the other manager went very well. We discussed our common background and they explained why they were such a big fan of Guidewire. It was all very encouraging. Immediately after the call I received another message from recruiter to schedule the second round.
    The second peer immediately had an issue with me. They let it be known that they didn't care for my resume and I immediately tried to turn it into a Well, let's discuss that and understand what exactly you don't like. It was a very passive aggressive interview and they would ask me a question and I felt that they had the need to one up me after every answer. For example they asked what brought me to Guidewire: I had actually spent a lot of time researching Guidewire and I spoke about all the things I liked about Guidewire plus the fact that all their employees genuinely seemed to like working for the company. This answer wasn't good enough and I was told that Guidewire was the #1 company that they had wanted to work for. At first I approached this like they were trying to see how well I dealt with adversity before realizing Nope, they just don't like me. It just seemed very odd as it normally takes months before someone dislikes me that much.
    Immediately after the interview I received a call from the recruiter letting me know I wouldn't be proceeding. He was eager to give feedback but the only reason for passing on me that he was given was "didn't seem excited for the role." Overall a frustrating experience.

Regional Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

- Initial Screening by Guidewire Recruiter - 30 mins
    - 2 Phone Interviews about a week apart from each other with potential peers to discuss experience and ask a few situational questions
    - On-site Interviews about two weeks later. I had 5 scheduled so it was a bit of a marathon. I also interviewed at the same time as another candidate for the same role. He was in the room next to mine so it was slightly off-putting, maybe done on purpose, maybe not. Interviews were with peers, potential report, strategic partners and the hiring manager. Basically it was concentrating on cultural fit so it really felt more like a series of conversations with various stakeholders rather than an intense interview panel.

I got a call back a few days afterwards to tell me that I didn't get the position. I also got some pretty good feedback instead of the normal "Thank you, but we're going in another direction" type of feedback, so I definitely appreciate that aspect.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions on experience, a few situational questions that you will likely face as a manager.   Answer Question

Salesforce Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

2 phones screens within a day of each other then 3 weeks before an invite on-sight. Had two job offers in hand. Guidewire you missed the boat. I was invited in then sent an hour’s worth of work to fill out an essay like application. What a turn off

Interview Questions

• Very standard. Describe projects you’ve worked on etc   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire in February 2018.

Interview

Scheduled a phone introduction about the process, then so on scheduled an interview with a two people on the team I would be working with. Interview was through webex and was required to download the program early on. Was a little confusing using the program so learn ahead of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Very simple, its more just to see how you are as a person rather than technical. I was tricked into hearing everything i wanted to hear but after i got the job everything changed.

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guidewire in January 2018.

Interview

I was in contact with an initial recruiter back at the end of January 2018. She called me a week later to chat more about Guidewire and the position. After the phone screen, she asked for my availability and said she would send it to a different recruiter to move me onto the next stage, which would be an interview with a senior designer at the company. The week went back, and I did not get any emails about my next interview being scheduled.

I followed up with her the following week, and she replied quickly. The second recruiter then scheduled my interview for the same week. On the day that I was supposed to have the interview, the senior designer was not available and ended up having to reschedule the interview with me for the following week. On the day of this rescheduled interview, I was in the WebEx video chat for about 20 minutes (the interview was scheduled for 30 mins) and the interviewer never showed up. I quickly followed up with my second recruiter and we had to reschedule the interview AGAIN.

Once I finally did my 1:1 interview with the senior designer, he said he wasn't really sure of the next steps would be and that was the end of our conversation. I waited a few days to see if anyone would follow up with me, but nothing happened. After 1 week of this interview, I followed up with the second recruiter that scheduled this interviewer asking when I would be notified of next steps. I waited about 2 days, but this recruiter never replied to me. I ended up following up my initial recruiter and she gave me the next steps.

The next steps were to complete a design challenge, given a 1 week timeframe, but was told not to spend more than 8 hours.

I submitted my assignment the following week, and received a rejection a few days after.

I was very excited to be interviewing with this company after reading more about what they as a whole, but having the interview process being dragged out for so long made it an awful experience. It was very unprofessional for the interviewer to miss our initial interview (but these things happen sometimes) but he never apologized for forgetting or wasting my time.

So the interview process was: HR phone screen, 1:1 with a senior designer, design challenge, 1 hr interview/on-site, then offer. A one month interview process dragged along to two months.

This was for a UX Design Intern position.