Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.2

Presales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Lengthy and intense. 6 phone interviews with real interest shown with several individuals, followed by face to face over a 2 month period. No appreciation for learning software unrelated to position. Voice-mail next day saying no interest.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 55 minute demo of software   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Process is good and quick. I taked to recruiter Marissa and Victoria and within a week I was at onaite for interview. Onsite scrutiny was more interesting wherein i was asked either write or fix code such that tests pass.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First would be a Phone Interview.
    He started with saying it would be 40 mins, but ended the call in 20 (As I could not do well I guess).
    Once this round is done, they will call for 1-1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Asked a few questions about what classes I was taking and overall experience (stuff from resume). Then asked a question about license plates and how I would design software structures for that particular application. Don't remember specifics.

Interview Questions

• Asked to design software structures for license plates   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Mostly consisted of phone interviews. Theby ask you questions about software design and data structures. Interview will be easy if you know concepts. They also asks you behavioural questions about projects you have worked on.

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Interview

Initial phone screen by a recruiter was followed up by an introductory interview with a manager. On site interview was with 5 people in the team. Interview process was OK, but their team seemed unorganized and out of sync with each other. Interviewers were friendly and nice people, but not technically sound and working as a team.

Overall office environment is very casual and very relaxed. Give them a try if you want relaxed work environment.

Interview Questions

• One manager mentioned that they were exploring Jenkins, TeamCity and Bamboo for CI. Then next interviewer said they are going ahead with TeamCity. After that another engineer said they are using Jenkins and in house custom CI systems which will continue to be in use as well. So this caused some confusion on what they have in place and want to have in future.

Answer Question

Portal Architect/Configuration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview starts with a HR Screening followed by a phone round(basic technical questions). After successful in the phone round, you will be asked to give a technical knowledge test (includes XML, DB Design, Programming in a language of your choice). Once you are successful in the technical test, you will be asked for an all-paid onsite interview. Here there will be at least 4 rounds of interview covering technical, HR, project management, personality types of questions.

HR Phone round - 1st day
    Phone round - 3rd day
    Technical test - 5th or 6th day
    Onsite interview - In 2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted to set up a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager introduced himself and asked what I know about Guidewire. Then he asked me a design question and I had to go through the design steps and the second question was on data structures. I did not understand the question exactly though.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very smooth but robust interview process. First phone screen by hr and then a lengthy technical phone interview. A coding session of three hour was given at home. Afterward three people interviewed in webex. Two of them were mostly technical. Core Java and jms was main two area and also few tech questions from sql

Interview Questions

• Benefits of a singleton class.
      Multithreaded coding using runnable advantages. Static class
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not do any negotiation.

Market Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick but thorough . From the time I submitted my application online to time that I was offered a job was less than a month

Interview Questions

• The process was very intense with interviews with a number of employees. I was asked lots of questions, but none stand out that were unique or unusual.   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Guidewire Presales Interview San Jose, CA Prepare a 55 minute demo of software
Guidewire Senior Software Engineer Interview Foster City, CA Poker gane design
Guidewire Senior Software Engineer Interview Foster City, CA Design a Chess Game, just designing, No Coding or anything as such.
Guidewire Senior Software Engineer Interview Foster City, CA Define HashTable and its use case
Guidewire Software Engineer Interview Berkeley, CA Asked to design software structures for license plates
Guidewire Software Engineer Interview questions about linked list and hash table.
Guidewire Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Foster City, CA One manager mentioned that they were exploring Jenkins, TeamCity and Bamboo for CI. Then next interviewer said they are going ahead with TeamCity. After that another engineer said they are using Jenkins and in house custom CI systems which will continue to be in use as well. So this caused some confusion on what they have in place and want to have in future. Same manager said that they are still exploring configuration management tools. Then another engineer said they are setting up Ansible - "Right now our systems are manually configured so we take snapshots (really!!) before making any system changes. But we are going towards Ansible now". In addition, their small team of 7-8 people had 3 managers. They didn't have good idea about DevOps and technical knowledge. From their perspective developer support and supporting process productivity tools like Atlassian Suite, Rational, Rally, QualityCenter was DevOps. One engineer claimed that they were using Docker and AWS, but it was hard to believe it based on their answers. My impression was that they wanted to do fancy things without getting basics right.
Guidewire Portal Architect/Configuration Consultant Interview Chicago, IL Different types of Sorting Algorithm
Guidewire Software Engineer Interview Foster City, CA Design a chess game
Guidewire Software Engineer Interview Foster City, CA Working of HashTable
Guidewire Architect Interview Pleasanton, CA Benefits of a singleton class. Multithreaded coding using runnable advantages. Static class
Guidewire Market Strategy Director Interview Foster City, CA The process was very intense with interviews with a number of employees. I was asked lots of questions, but none stand out that were unique or unusual.