Harbor Freight Tools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Harbor Freight Tools

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in May 2019.

Interview

Interviewers were respectful, quick, and cut to the chase. All questions were relevant and to test if you were truly the right candidate they were looking for to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the other applicants, why you?   6 Answers

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Two interviews, with DM and then RM. fairly straightforward questions. Interviews are standardized within the company, so it really comes down to the after interview conversations.

Interview Questions

• Retail Management Experience   1 Answer

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager to apply. Shortly after I applied, I was contacted by a Recruiter whom I had a phone interview with. I was then contacted for an in person interview. The in person interview lasted about 45 minutes and I met 4 members of the team. About 4 weeks later I was contacted for a second interview. During the second interview, I met the rest of the team. 6 weeks later I received a rejection email.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Heard from two different recruiters for the same job. Both seemed enthusiastic and prepared. Just be prepared to be ghosted. Neither responded after initial interviews and a sit down with the DM . Not sure why they have different recruiters talking to candidates about the same job. Was then contacted on Indeed from one of the recruiters not realizing we had already talked. I never responded obviously.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Quickly contacted by a recruiter who was great throughout. Phone interview and then set up with the DM.
    Interviewed with the DM in late December, which went well. Was given some general next steps and told I would hear back soon.
    Didn’t hear back at all until mid February, which was Honestly a surprise, as I assumed I had been ghosted.
    Happily accepted an interview with the RM, which also seemed to go well—told they had even had some conversation about a training / location plan for me. However, told there were other candidates and I would hear either way the following week.
    After 3 weeks, I emailed the original recruiter who had to check with the DM. She emailed me the following day with a rejection email. Apparently they had gone with someone who better matched their “requirements “ .

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

If I was to be hired I'd be a hard working self motivated employer. I'd complete all task assigned and it's going to go all smooth with any problem. I guarantee that you will have a great hard working employee

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in December 2019.

Interview

Was interviewed twice for the position told it would be after January ..never heard another word from them and I work for the company just wanted to move up and still can't move up. Store manager never acknowledged I submitted my application again. So now I'm looking for another job . Been rejected 3times with no explanation

Interview Questions

• What do you view as successful   1 Answer

Loader/Unloader Interview

Interview

I was told how to safely unload a truck and how to lift with team work so no one will get hurt. My production is to maintain a 3 truck average during your shift or maybe requires you to do more.

Interview Questions

• can you lift at least 50pds per a 8hr shift   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Goshen, IN) in November 2019.

Interview

Come in at noon with all paper thats needed , waited for manager to call me back to sit me in the office after introducing ourselfs with a nice harm firm hand shake . The boss had no problem jumping right in with drilling me to get to know more bout me and what I'm all qualified for . Once done I was told I would be getting a call back later that day with their decision .

Interview Questions

• If I could handle making tough decisions thrown at a moment's notices aka quick on my feet.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (New Braunfels, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone interview went well. Called by store manager for new location to do in person interview. Met with her and another manager who was more interested in his computer work than interviewing. Employees kept coming in and out of office interrupting our conversation. Left feeling good about the interview and was told I would be scheduled for follow up in a week. No call so I reached out to her. She said I would be scheduled in the next day or two for second interview. The next morning I get an denial email from recruiting . Very unprofessional.

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Allentown, PA) in October 2019.

Interview

Worst interview experience I’ve ever encountered. Took two weeks to arrange an interview, when I arrived to the interview it took him 5 minutes to gather the needed paper work. Spent two minutes telling me the position was filled already but I could be a cashier, which I was well over qualified for. I would not ever recommend applying for this company.