Harbor Freight Tools Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 320 of over 320 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harbor Freight Tools

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Camarillo, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

I was scheduled via email and interviewed via Zoom. The interview itself was about 15 minutes long and consisted of questions regarding my previous experience, as well as a breakdown of the required skills for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Harbor Freight Tools

Application

I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools

Interview

A lengthy but fair process that involved meeting people all levels of the organization over the course of a very long day. It s a bit exhausting should be shortened to keep it a positive experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Calabasas, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

After speaking with my HR recruiter, I was connected with the two hiring managers for an initial interview. Very casual and conversational. After that I was selected to continue to the "panel" interview, which was a long process that took days to complete. I met with a total of 8 people (1 or 2 at a time) and answered questions about my background and work ethic.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harbor Freight Tools

Application

I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools

Interview

Convoluted. Way too many people involved. Emblematic of the whole organization. Disorganized nonsense. I did not have a good experience. I was asked the same questions dozens of time by people who wanted to know how well I’d fit in yet they didn’t even fit together themselves. How ironic.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of concern about fitting in. Culture is bad though.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Los Angeles, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Recruiter contacted me asking to interview with the customer service manager. I was given a hour and a half notice on a Friday afternoon. The interview lasted less than five minutes. The interviewer seemed to be in a very bad mood. When I contacted the recruiter after the interview, they even concurred he seemed to be in a bad mood and the interview should have been scheduled for the following Monday. My overall opinion, this was very unprofessional and I would never consider working for HFT.

Interview Questions
  • The first questions was "Why are we speaking if you already have a job"?

Harbor Freight Tools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then in person. In person interviewer was rather distant and uninterested from the start. Felt like it was due to my age as he was younger than 3 of my own kids.

Interview Questions
  • Cookie cutter ‘tell me about a time’ line of questioning.

Harbor Freight Tools

Application

I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools

Interview

It was very personable with a lot of general leadership type questions and situational questions. We talked about the company and the direction it is going. How the leadership engagement is with the staff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Ocala, FL) in Jan 2021

Interview

Process was smooth and straightforward. Interviewed with three people. Only concern is I was told I was going to be paid between two numbers by one person and then I was told it would be a certain number for sure, but the manager would try and get it higher because of my experience. Then I get a call and the best he could do is lower then what I was told it would be.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member. What did you do and what was the outcome?

Harbor Freight Tools

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in Jan 2021

Interview

Had to meet with nine people via Zoom, on three separate days, spaced out throughout a two to three week process & separate times during the day. Very time consuming for a position that doesn't involve a a lot of human monitoring (micromanagement) You either know the job or dont. Shouldnt take a more than half dozen people to talk to see if the person is the right fit. Delegate to one person (mgr) to handle. had to take time an insubordinate amount of time out of my current work position to talk to these people on a job I wasn't even guaranteed. A few of them couldn't give two bits about what they were doing on the calls (asking me) & some werent even paying attention when I was speaking because they were busy doing work. Benefits of the wfh. One can pretend on a call but not be actively engaged. One interviewer didn't even show up which resulted in 30 minutes of Zoom silence, while I waited for the next call to start 30 minutes later from the next group of interviewers . Nine people spoken to cumulating three hours time over a three week period.? Huge waste of time and bad impression on a company from the start when one of the interviewers didnt even show up and no courtesy call or email was sent about the cancellation of it.

Interview Questions
  • No set questions. It was general conversation about previous and current work experience. I had the feeling that some of the interviewers asking me about what I did at my current company was a crossed line (in terms of requirements for vendors, etc), which I did not mind and I certainly did not share anything that would compromise my current employer or give HF a competitive advantage.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Omaha, NE) in Dec 2020

Interview

Talked to the store manager and asistant manager about work history, my expectations of the job, hour and pay expectations and was offered the job. Super easy low presure. You apply on there web site

Interview Questions
  • What was one time you had to go outside of compnay guidelines in a past job to help a customer?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 320 Interviews