Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
Pros
  • "Monthly bonus, lots of paid time off(in 99 reviews)

• "And they ACTUALLY value you as an asset to the business from part time associates to management(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very little monitoring of schedules by upper management (DM)(in 72 reviews)

• "Night shift, moderate work life balance(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Amazing people

Sep 25, 2020 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at corporate are all talented and caring individuals that work hard to foster a culture of inclusiveness internally, and are dedicated to supporting our customers and communities externally.

Cons

There is always more work that can be done.

5 people found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we appreciate you for trusting Harbor Freight with your career for over 10 years. At Harbor Freight, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work with a culture that celebrates collaboration, community, and a diverse workforce for all of our associates. We’re glad to have you on the team and appreciate your continued hard work!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great

Mar 9, 2021 - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Henderson, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay schedules pto customers health

Cons

Short staffed a headache and overlook

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hard-working associates. We want you to know that your feedback is valuable as it will help us in our efforts of continuous improvement. We highly encourage our associates to reach out to their HR Partners and connect with them if they have any concerns to share. Thank you for your hard work in Henderson, NC and we’re grateful for all you do!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Place to work

May 6, 2021 - Sales Associate in Pullman, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people, 20% off tools

Cons

Gets repetitive real quick. Some coworkers don't care about the job and you have to carry the whole team.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

May 6, 2021 - Sales Supervisor in Sikeston, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy work for the pay

Cons

You dont have steady shifts

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hardworking associates like you. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to be a great place to work for all our associates. We provide our associates with visibility to their schedules at least two weeks in advance so they have the opportunity to reach out to their Store Manager and connect with them if they have any issues. Thank you for your continued hard work in Sikeston, MO and we look forward to seeing you grow!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

May 5, 2021 - Clerk in Lafayette, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management always worked with me on my schedule needs.

Cons

Never really had any when I worked there

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. We strive to be the best place to work by learning as we grow and evolve every step of the way. Thank you for your hard work in Lafayette, LA and we wish you the best in your career journey!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not just a number

Apr 27, 2021 - Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Associates aren’t just a number to the company. Management shows care for the associates. Paid time off adds up fast Benefits are affordable and decent Stores have a team atmosphere

Cons

Schedules can vary drastically and are often changed. Hours allotted to each store can seem a bit low for full operation. Schedules in smaller stores often need adjustment throughout the week

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hard-working associates. We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hard-working customers and we’re thankful for all you do. As an organization, we strive to be the best place to work by listening to our associates and learning as we grow and evolve every step of the way. At Harbor Freight, we provide our associates with visibility to their schedules at least two weeks in advance so they have the opportunity to reach out and connect with their Store Managers if they have any concerns regarding their schedules. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to seeing you grow!

7. 4.0

Worker

May 5, 2021 - Senior Logistics in Hesperia, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, they take care of you

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this work

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hardworking associates like you. Our goal at Harbor Freight is to be a great place to work for all our associates by learning and evolving every step of the way. Please know that we regularly monitor associate feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement. Thank you for your continued hard work in Hesperia, CA and we look forward to seeing you grow!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Handful of work, but it pays if you know how to handle it.

Apr 29, 2021 - Lead Sales Associate in Wilmington, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of work, always something to do, fast paced environment

Cons

Odd leadership at times, Tough customer base if you're unfamiliar with products.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hard-working associates like you. We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hard-working customers and we’re thankful for all you do. Our goal at Harbor Freight is to be a great place to work for all our associates. We are committed to improving at all levels, including management. Please know that we regularly monitor associate feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement and we encourage you to continue providing us with your suggestions as we strive to be the best place to work. Thank you for your continued hard work in Wilmington, NC and we’re glad to have you on the team!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

May 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place for employment. Good pay.

Cons

Not that many to think of.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking associates. We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. As an organization, we strive to be the best place to work by listening to our associates every step of the way. Thank you for your continued hard work and we’re glad to have you on the team!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

May 7, 2021 - Area Manager in Dillon, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Bonuses, employee discounts, employee discount programs,

Cons

Occasional long hours/shifts, conversion process for temp associates, breaks,

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,869 Reviews