Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,227 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "good pay and very flexible(in 200 reviews)
  • "Health benefits are great and dental(in 160 reviews)
  • "Great people and fun to work at.(in 105 reviews)
  • "You receive a small portion of time off on each paycheck depending on the hours you work.(in 86 reviews)
  • "Some great coworkers they gave me a job(in 47 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Jul 29, 2021 - Store Manager in Germantown, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Company has great core principles that are applied in my everyday work life. Collaboration, doing the right thing, frugality, humility, keeping our egos in check and continuous improvement. The company is growing tremendously 1211 stores which means extreme opportunity for growth and development. Company believes in work life balance and really invests in their employees.

Cons

Overall technology could be better however I have seen much growth over the last four years.

18 people found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team! We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking leaders like you. We strive to be the best place to work by listening to our associates and improving every step of the way. Your feedback will help us do that. We have heard similar responses from other associates and we assure you that we are continuously working to improve in this area. We encourage you to continue providing your suggestions as we strive to be the best place to work. Thank you for your continued hard work and we are glad to have you on the team!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great staff, amazing selection.

May 16, 2022 - Part Time Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, knowledgeable managers and supvs, helpful to everyone, know where stuff is, willing to check if floor location empty. Tools that last forever, many w/ lifetime warranty.

Cons

Easy return with extended warranties. Great deal!

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your positive feedback. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking Associates like you. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to seeing you grow!

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good place for students to work

May 16, 2022 - Store Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with, small store allows for easy location of product, good day pacing, good pay with bonus, flexible schedule for students

Cons

Poor scheduling and corporate policy, too much scripting for the required job, requires a lot of multitasking

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We depend on all our Associates to provide a great customer experience and build a great place to work. Please know that we regularly monitor Associate feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement and we highly encourage you to reach out to your Store Manager regarding any concerns. Thank you for your continued hard work and we’re glad to have you on the team!

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

great job to start out

May 15, 2022 - Senior Logistics Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

experience in sales, customer service, and basic logistics

Cons

revolving door at all positions

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. At Harbor Freight, we have a passion for excellence in everything we do. We want you to know that your feedback is valuable to us as we strive to build the best place to work. Thank you for your hard work and we wish you the best in your career journey!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not Bad

May 13, 2022 - Logistics Manager in Victoria, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well and affordable insurance

Cons

Work late till 12 am I'm not a night person it didn't work for me but awesome place to work and great staff.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. At Harbor Freight, we believe in providing our Associates with respectful schedules and we highly encourage them to reach out to their Store Managers regarding scheduling concerns. Thank you for your hard work in Victoria, TX and we wish you the best in your career journey!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company/ great people

May 12, 2022 - Store Manager in Asheville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is strong! Very associate/ employee focused.

Cons

None that I can remember.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your positive feedback. At Harbor Freight, we value people above all else and we believe in continuously improving at all levels, including management. Thank you for your hard work in Asheville, NC and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0

Great benefits

May 12, 2022 - Equipment Operator in Dillon, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is pretty good about it

Cons

It's nothing really bad about it

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team. We strive to build the best place to work by learning as we grow and develop every step of the way. Thank you for your continued hard work in Dillon, SC and we look forward to seeing you grow!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Sales associate

May 8, 2022 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, pto, benefits

Cons

Workload, growth, yearly pay raises

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We value people above all else and we believe in creating a work/life balance for all our Associates. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to continuously improve by listening to our Associates and improving every step of the way. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your career journey!

9. 4.0

Harbor Freight distribution center

May 11, 2022 - Warehouse Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, 3 days off during the week.

Cons

Long hours and hard work. Getting paid every two weeks.