Harley-Davidson, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harley-Davidson, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Harley-Davidson, Inc.

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Ecommerce Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I was connected to the position from a 3rd Party Recruiter. They submitted my resume & the hiring manager was intetested. The first step is an initial phone interview with the hiring manager for aprox 30-45 minutes where common behavioral style interview questions are asked. The 2nd step is an in person interview on campus with 2-3 decision makers in a meeting room. They will ask you tough behavioral/situational style interview questions. ...... I thought I did bad, but I have an enthusiastic personality which can go a long way for a customer service position. I got a call back a week & a half later saying I got the job. The pay rate was non negotiable & low ($13.80) , but I accepted anyway.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite websites?   2 Answers

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Kansas City, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Harley doesn't get things done any too quickly when it comes to hiring new employees. Expect to wait and wonder if they forgot about you or if they even still have the job opening. There is a lot of red tape to get through, so much of the holdup can just be in getting permissions from all the powers that be. Everybody is so busy all the time that you will almost feel like you are intruding on their day. Be prepared that this will be the pace for your job, too.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done that is similar to the work requirements?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a recruiter, and I was told what the job would pay. There was no negotiation.

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2009.

Interview

This was at an MBA Career Fair. Two person panel conducted mainly a situational/personality interview. Nothing too difficult. They spent a lot of time just describing the company and position. Not very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were challenged?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you faced an ethical dilema?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring event for all applicants. They called and screened all available, qualified applicants for open position. Then they organized a hiring event as they called it, for all applicants selected to interview were asked to come to the event in person, and interview with two panels for the opening.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The process took 1 day and two separate interviews: Business and Technical Interview. In each interview they asked a series of Behavioral Questions to gage your experience and how you would react.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to make a reasonably quick decision but lacked complete information. What did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc..

Interview

Applied through my school. Interviewed on campus for first round. First round interview was with two members of their HR staff. They gave a overview of the position and asked how my experiences would apply to the position. Also asked some behavioral questions. Second round interview takes place at their headquarters.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks - I got an on-campus interview with a manager and HR. Following by a office interview with a panel of 4 people. The office visit was really nice - I got to see the museum, the office, and had a good chat with people from the company.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions for both the on-campus and office interview, based on past experience and personal interest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They provided housing if you are not local.

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Montgomery, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

The owner of the location had a website link sent to my personal email address. It was an assessment that determined which department I’d be best suited for. It assessed typing skills, object identification, problem solving, reading comprehension, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been a service advisor?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

It was a fine interview process. Before interviewing they made me take an excel test, but during the interview it was fine. I told to three very nice people. The one thing that pissed me off was that they NEVER GOT BACK TO ME. I waited three weeks, and sent two emails but never heard a single word telling that they decided to move on. I figured a big company would spend the time to get back to applicants after they interviewed but nope.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

3 Part Interview
    Situational PSY questions: i.e: Describe a time when you handled a situation. Talk about a time when you we in a team environment and you had to convince the group of your view, how did you do this and did it work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Harley-Davidson, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

Very smooth interview process, everyone was very friendly. There were no trick questions or anything out of the ordinary. They definitely value people who have experience in the automotive industry but I do not feel it is a pre-requisite