Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2018

2.3

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

The manager that interviewed me was very friendly and made it less scary but its your typical interview with questions like, what are some characteristics you have that will help us.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about the Hobby Lobby company so you should do some research   1 Answer

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Dayton, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

phone interview, assessment, in person interview, ends with a tour of the store where they tell you about each department, and finally a question of 1-10 how excited you are about going to work for them.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Madison, WI) in April 2018.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was really nice and easy. The managers were very friendly and seemed to have lots of experience, so it felt very relaxed in a way.
    You also have to do a math test and get 8 out of sixteen problems correct. If you have basic math skills you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was mad or unhappy?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Several steps involved before a face to face interview actually occurs. Initial phone interview, an assessment that includes typical managerial problem solving but also has a visual assessment that shows a variety of patterns in which you must figure out what pattern is missing in a sequence. I consider myself somewhat intelligent but have never seen anything that comes close to this in college or any other employer. Once assessment is complete, they use a 3rd party company to conduct reference checks. I believe they ask for between 7-9. They want subordinates, peers and your superiors. Then comes the face to face.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail what your greatest accomplishment was. Details, details and more details. They will drill down so be prepared.   Answer Question
    • Obviously, make sure research Hobby Lobby history. They will ask   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Spoke with multiple sources. Previous Store Managers that had left the company. Spoke with current Store Manager and current District Manager. Walked Store was given Mission statement.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Braintree, MA).

Interview

Drawn out process for what is really a higher paid stocker job with the added management duties added in. Phone recruiter interview, minimum of 7 references you need to input into reference site called Checkster. After that week long process or longer you get a in person interview with a recruiter from Oklahoma their corporate office. After an 1.5 hour interview where in essence you are asked the same questions you were asked on the phone it goes to a background check. Again folks this is a retail management job that sells craft and imported cheap but overpriced furniture not a national security job for all the hoops you are required to go through. Reminder that the 52k to 55k salary offered includes your bonus so be careful before you say yes to 55/60 hour work weeks that dramatically bring down that rate of pay/salary even further. Please be aware that religion is brought up when they discuss new store openings and the "minister" being present to "bless" the new store/associates. Not a big deal but again not really appropriate in a interview even with a company that doesn't shy away from it's religious beliefs/core values.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you disagreed with a supervisor and what did you do?
      Describe you leadership style
      What do you do when you cannot finish your tasks   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Lagrange, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application and waited 2 hours in the cold to talk to a manager at a hiring event. Only to be told they have nothing to offer me at the moment, because I’m not available on Saturdays...

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. They just looked at my hours/days of availability and said they had nothing to offer me at the moment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

Very organized hiring process. They had you fill out an application then wait for your name to be called. It was a real interview it was them telling you about the company. It was a hiring event for a new store opening. Temporary jobs that can turn into full time.

Order Puller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2017.

Interview

One month process, first applied at the hiring center that had numerous people applying took me about 15 minutes to apply afterwards went home just about 2 weeks later received phone call from a recruiter to program an interview afterwards just had to wait patiently for a drug test

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied in person at hiring center. Received a call the next day. Met with interviewer real simple interview then had to take a math test. Then said they would give the interview questions to manager. Said to wait two business days for reply never was called back.