Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hobby Lobby

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Super easy questions like why do you want to work here. Small math test checking your ability to calculate percentages. Got hired on the spot at a hiring event for store set.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. I had to take a skills and math test afterwards. Test did not really relate to the job, but overall warehouse structure and needs. While I did like the job itself, the pay was hourly and well below my current pay.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Face to face interview with the store manager with two rounds of interviews, also a group interview at my location with another applicant. It was not stressful at all and the manager was very kind and considerate

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you exhibited strong interpersonal communication skills   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Miami, FL).

Interview

not super serious. interviewed by co-manager. did not last very long or seem super in-depth. was in and out in about under an hour. do not be nervous, it's not that serious and they will still train you in -depth.

Interview Questions

• what skills made me a good fit for the job   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Lakewood, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied on paper at the store and a few weeks later got a call to schedule an interview. First I was handed a math test which consisted of multiplication, division, and percentages/decimals to the hundreds (I reccomend brushing up if you're not sure how to multiply/divide with decimals by hand!) I barely passed, but we went on with the interview. They ask common questions like your greatest achievement, one thing you could change about yourself, and past experience (I used volunteer work as mine because I had no former employment). After answering truthfully and honestly, I was granted the job immediately! The store I applied to w as in need of dire help so they had me start the following day! Just do your research on the store (and brush up on math) and you're in good shape!

Interview Questions

• If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

The recruiter was punctual and a pleasure to speak with. She seemed to really care that you understood everything and how they work and the process. I am just heartbroken that I didn't score within the required range to advance.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Got a call from Bruce at HobbyLobby (no typographical error, say as fast as you possibly can, as one word not two), and what followed was a very formulaic phone interview.

After reading the experience of others, my thought is “thank God for unanswered prayers.”

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englishtown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Englishtown, NJ) in December 2019.

Interview

Received a call next day after online application was submitted . Completed phone interview, reference check and face to face interview with Recruiter. Had a store tour same day. 4 day later no offer email was sent. Took 3 weeks for this process.

Store Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dillsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Dillsburg, PA) in November 2019.

Interview

I received an email asking to do a Phone interview then I would have to do a Assessment test after that a Face to face interview with a follow up with
    References and Store tour.

Interview Questions

• Explain your resume and how you have come to apply for Hobby Lobby   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I was called in for an interview around 2 weeks after I applied. The manager who interviewed me told me up front that the company is very conservative and did not allow visible tattoos, piercings, or any colored hair that was not natural (I interviewed with dark red hair and was told it would not be an acceptable color). I was also informed it would only be for a seasonal position running November through December and that no days off aside from what was scheduled would be allowed (ie if you're sick, you better still come in to work). The interview itself was very easy; she only asked questions about the last place I worked and not the rest of my experience. After the interview, I had a 16-question math quiz. I had a piece of scrap paper to use and was not allowed a calculator. The questions included 2- and 3- digit multiplication, long division, basic addition and subtraction, and figuring out sales tax. While working on the quiz, the manager talked to employees, made calls on the radio. Overall, it was not a good environment to concentrate on quickly doing math. She scored my quiz and let me know I'd hear back by the end of the following week. Friday of the next week, she called and offered me a position. Due to needing part-time and not wanting to have to mask myself for a seasonal job, I declined.