Hy-Vee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hy-Vee Interview Questions

Interviews at Hy-Vee

1.8

Produce Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

I had a friend reference me and had a good short interview with the HR rep and was hired, just your normal questions nothing to particular about the job just finding out if I was an ok fit.

Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Ames, IA) in March 2020.

Interview

Not difficult at all. Was asked basic interview questions, like my why I wanted to work there, my previous experience, etc. I was offered the job on the spot. As long as you act like a normal person and answer the questions, you'll be fine.

GM Clerk Interview

Interview

The interview was very short. The questions asked are basic questions any employer would ask. I received a phone call within an hour after the interview, stating I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term goals?   1 Answer

Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

After a quick phone screening, I was brought in for an onsight interview which was essentially pair programming. The programmer I was working with was very helpful despite my lack of knowledge in SQL

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

Talked about position, hours, and pay. Had to do a drug test. Then you came back to do some trainings that took a few hours. Afterwards you were good to go.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pay do you want?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

The person interviewing me wanted to know how I would contribute to the business. I called the store and talked to the HR about recently applying and the person said they would look into it. A couple days later I got a call for an interview.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10 how would you rank yourself as an employee?   Answer Question

Convenience Clerk Interview

Interview

Came in, met with manager. Talked about my goals and what I could bring to the team. We went over what I wanted to do and how long I would be able to work at the place.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

Great, very simple asked a few questions and from there they would just ask me when I could start and to take a drug test right there. I did the drug test and they just called me when the results were ready and when I could start

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Liberty, MO) in August 2019.

Interview

Brief interview process, they responded to my application within a week, I had a one-on-one interview and then several training days. Interviewer was nice and welcoming, interview itself was very basic.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Omaha, NE) in August 2019.

Interview

Hiring- applied within a week they asked for an interview on the phone
    Interview- asked a few questions, brought my resume, arrived a tiny bit early (meant a lot to employer

Interview Questions

• How would you handle lateness as an employer   1 Answer