IGATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IGATE Interview Questions

Interviews at IGATE

2.8

Sort:

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

Good process. Easy interview. Interviewer was very pleasant and easy to talk with. Aptitude was also relatively easy. Great company to work for. Fun and relaxed environment to work in.

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Boston, MA).

Interview

Multiple level Interview process (may be because of the level of seniority), very detailed, very structured and very process oriented. Interviews include potential peers, managers, HR, manager's manager. They definitely make sure that you are the right candidate.

Negotiation

Yes, very little.

Lead Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Richfield, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

They Called and scheduled interview, and then rescheduled for at least 5 times. But the interview never happen. Their interview process is so pathetic, they don't even send you a calender invite.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE in December 2010.

Interview

It is very very easy if you get hired from campus interviews in India. There is a small test which checks your aptitude and after clearing that test, you get interviewed. In campus, the interviews are not at all Technical. They ask you very generic questions to know how much you know about company and how would you react in certain hypothetical situations. Basically it just tests you attitude and capability of quick learning.

Interview Questions

• No Technical questions. You have to be calm and composed while answering and you get selected   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I has 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Each technical interview lasted for 50 mins and the HR for about 30 mins. Technical interview a mix of questions from Physics, Microprocessor, Logics. I gave this interview during my college in campus.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about Newton's Law and it was an unexpected questions for a Software Engineer position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is simple as long as the expected salary is lower than the market. Interviews are usually done by non-technical staff who needs to a number from 1 to 10 in the list of skills. The next step is actually with the client and the complexity will depend on the position and the salary negotiated. But overall I think this is a right way to filter out people before submitting to a client.

Interview Questions

• Not much I can think off except answering a technical question to a non technical person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not very difficult, they were ok if your demands make sense. But all that depends on the client that they are working on.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work.
    Next round:
    Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the some technical and typical manger questions. Lasted for 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• gave a case study about s specific issue and asked me to anwser   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus interview

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on your courses and projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE in January 2009.

Interview

iGate (previously Patni) had campus interviews.
    There was a written test following which there was Group discussion and finally a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The panel didnt expect the candidates to be technically sound. Most of the questions asked were quantitative analysis, puzzles etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotitation involved since the offered salary was informed about prior to the written test.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I had a written exam after which i had a technical round after which a HR interview round

I went for my masters