In-N-Out Burger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

In-N-Out Burger Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Vista, CA).

Interview

Very black and white interview process. We want to gauge if you're a people person. They may ask situational questions or personal. Most managers will ask what's important to you in order to see how you fit with the culture of INO

Interview Questions

• What are your values?
      Why work for In N Out?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Pleasant Hill, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was very easy. It was a group interview with three other people being interviewed, and we were asked very basic questions. The first interview lasted about 20 minutes, and a few days later I was asked for a second interview. The second interview was 1 on 1 with the manager & lasted 5-10 minutes top. Once again, fairly easy questions that were a little more in depth and personal than the first round.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work here?
      How would you deal with an upset customer?
      What is your biggest accomplishment in the past year of your life?
      Have you ever taken a leadership role in your life?
      Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I'm not really certain what the interview process is here. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter and asked if I could come for an interview on a set day and time. I informed him that I'm currently employed and asked if another time was available which did not conflict with my work schedule. The awkward silence on the other end of the phone basically left it up to me to start suggesting alternate days/ times. An alternate day/ time was reached fairly easily and I was looking forward to the opportunity. Their recruiter called me a few hours later to inform me they'd have to reschedule and I'd be contacted the following week to do so. Never heard from them again. Really disappointing experience from a company that's so highly rated.

Also worth mentioning, they called from a private number so no real way to follow up.

Level 6 Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. They were really nice and friendly. They really want to hire people who smile a lot and are friendly/outgoing. If you know someone or have a family member that recommends you, it is easier to get in.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on your free time?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Paso, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Del Paso, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was very quick, no pressure, the interviewer was very nice and very easy to talk too. The interview lasted no longer than 10 minutes, if even that. He made it very comfortable for me, asked basic questions none too tricky.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What do you like to do in your spare time
      What's your avalibility
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

I applied to a brand new store so they had open interviews, which is not the situation for most stores. I talked to a manager in my first interview and she was mostly looking for personality and a smile. My second interview was with the store manager, 2nd manager, and one other manager from a different store. They mostly look for a good attitude and a great smile, as they hire many younger people.

Custodian Interview

Interview

I was emailed about the date of the interview. When I arrived, I was interviewed in a group interview. We waited outside for the store manager to separate us into groups of four.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Asked if I am good as a cashier and I said no and they hired me. I like their burgers so I really wanted a job there to receive a discount.

Interview Questions

• Can you make a good burger?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Fresno, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for an interview 4 days later. It was a group interview. Friendly person that conducted the interview. We went around answering the same question. It was over in 15 minutes. Said if we didn't hear back in a week then to try another In-N-Out. Hopefully I hear back.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with upset customer?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Fresno, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A week later, I followed up in person, asked for the hiring manager and handed in my resume. The hiring manager said he would check my application and call in a few days. A few days go by, and I haven't received a call. I go back in to follow up, and it was a different hiring manager. She took down my number and said she'll check my application and give me a call. A week goes by, and still no call. I follow up again, meeting a DIFFERENT hiring manager that differs from the last two. He asked for my name, went in the back, came back and set up an interview with me the following day. Felt like some kind of test, haha. The interview was with one person, and another working observing. After the interview, they said they'd call by next week. If I didn't receive the call, I didn't get the cut. I'm still waiting though, will follow up soon to see if I qualified.