In-N-Out Burger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

In-N-Out Burger Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Anaheim, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about 2 days later for an interview event. It was a group interview where the manager separated us into groups of 5 and asked to questions. I individual and one group that anyone could respond to. After that he asked for hours and said we would receive a call by Friday for a second interview or the job. ( the interview was on a Wednesday).

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and 4 days later received an email saying to attend their interview event at 10AM (basically when they opened while it wasn't busy yet). I was super nervous and didn't know but interviewed with the Store Manager, he was nice so I got more comfortable and he just asked me questions about school and volunteer (since I didn't have work experience). Overall it was an easy interview, he just wanted to get to know me. I also asked him a couple of questions too. He then gave me a 2nd interview on the spot and I agreed to come in the next day. I came in the same time and was supposed to interview with a different manager but she wasn't working on that day so another manager interviewed me and I had met him yesterday too so we recognized each other. In this interview I was expecting much harder situational questions but he asked me pretty much the same questions as the Store Manager did. In the end I asked him a couple of questions and then he said that I deserved the job and hired me on the spot. He also said that the Store Manager that interviewed me at first liked me as well. Overall in both interviews I remained calm and enjoyed talking to them since they were so kind! I shared a laugh with both managers so I believe that made them really like me. Also, whenever I spoke about the company I made sure to sound passionate and somewhat personal. Just show them how friendly, easy-going, and genuine you are also how professional and willing you are to learn. Be open-minded, smart about your answers, and be confident! Good luck and don't be so nervous! Remember that In-N-Out is known for having friendly service so always keep in mind that the interviewers there are understanding and really nice! Also, ALWAYS ASK THE INTERVIEWERS QUESTIONS!* (I'm pretty sure this is what made me stand out)

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

The interviewer asked one question at the first interview, then said that they would call to see if they had an open position. Apparently, they didn't but didn't call me to tell that. I found it kind of disrespectful.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

Group Interview. Asked basic questions like why work for INO? Name a time you had good/bad customer service. Talk about yourself. Interview was roughly 20 minutes. Got called back for 2nd interview which lasted 5 minutes asking for available times.

Level I Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Sacramento, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and went to an open interview. It was the interview for the new opening at Delta Shores in Sacramento, CA. The hiring manager was Mario. He was pretty chill and easy-going. Luckily, there were no intense questions but there were unexpected questions. The interview was a group panel so you will be place in a group of three. The competition is REAL! The two girls that I was placed with carried a 7 year experience in the food industry while I was barely starting out. Also, each and everyone of us were given different answers. There were only a couple questions that we all had to answer to which was the ''hobby'' question. One major tip I would like to give you is to be an ''EXTROVERT'' and be yourself. I'm an introvert so it was really hard but you got this! Just be talkative and be the first one to talk and smile!

Cleaning Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in August 2017.

Interview

I had my first interview with a regular manager that went well. Then I got scheduled an interview with the store manager. I was in a car crash right before the interview so I was a little shook up and wasn't thinking straight at the time. I told the store manager about what happened and he offered to do the interview the next day so I would have time to recover. I should of taken his offer because I didn't do so well in the interview with a lot on my mind about the car crash that just happened. Needless to say I didn't get the job unfortunately, which was really disappointing because I really saw a career in this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. (first question they ask in every interview)   Answer Question
    • What does good costuner service mean to you?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Went in to follow up on an application, was told by one of the workers that open interviews were actually today so I came back an hour later for the open interview. I came in only to be greeted by 20 other people also participating in the interview. Extremely stressful. Got put into a group of 10 and we were all asked one single question. Almost everyone who answered the question had some sort of prior food experience whereas I don't have any experience with food. Bummed me out as I can't figure out why they'd hire someone with no experience compared to someone with experience. I answered with detail, smiled, asked lots of questions, dressed nicely, made complete eye contact and so on. We were told we would receive a call by Friday if we get a second interview. Really hoping I get a call, I absolutely love the company and want it to be my first job.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty extensive. I had three interviews within just a few days with the three different managers of the store. I prepared for harder questions that would be asked in the interviews but the questions were mostly based on being able to handle the fast past work environment at in and out and how my previous work experience can help me suceed at in and out.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

To get the interview you had to go into the in n out store and sign up for one. It was a group interview. It took about 15 minutes to complete between the 5 people that were being interviewed.

Travel & Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

Received an email to come in for an in person interview. That was three months ago, and have never heard anything back. Has not even answered my emails. I hate when companies can even respond to even let you know that you've not been chosen to move forward. Just send an email out. Jeez!!!