In-N-Out Burger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2018

2.3

Cashiering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers inside the building. I was asked about my life ambitions, work ethic, availability, all the general stuff. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, the managers were polite and the questions weren't too hard to answer.

Custodial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Riverside, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Arrived on time to interview, signed up on paper. Didn't call us by who was scheduled to be there, just signed up and were asked to take a seat and separated us into groups of 4 to ask interview questions. Two per person and move on to next person. Get a call within a week, but I didn't get a call.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you've made in the past, and how did you learn from it? What does good customer service mean to you, and tell of an experience? What are two things you have improved on in the last 6months? Tell about a time when you need to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Irvine, CA).

Interview

For the stores : Online application followed by a interview at the store location followed by either a second interview or straight to an offer or not.

For Corporate: Submit a resume followed by 3 interviews. first interview is over the Phone with an HR rep, the 2nd is in person with the Hiring Manger and HR Rep followed by a third with the Hiring Manager and Director.

Clean Up Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Torrance, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and process took more thank 2 weeks. The interview went good and great flow of conversation. I answered carefully and always keep my posture good. The interviewer said that there were 71 applicants that he send to all which is way too much for just one position. I prepared for an interview and he said by Friday we call someone in if not I didn’t or anyone. I didn’t receive a callback that no matter how much preparation I’ve done and very enthusiast for this position it’s still no results. I guess landing a job is just pure luck with how much preparation there should be. I also asked questions on the end and still with all these same results.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for in n out?   1 Answer
    • What did you most struggle or family has told you that you need to improve on more?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any work experience? Which job you liked most?   1 Answer
    • Do you go to school anywhere?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any work related for this clean up position?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself in 3 words?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Lodi, CA).

Interview

Applied online, it helps if you actually know a few people who already work there so they can Help expedite the whole process. The interview process was great, quick and easy and the managers loved me. They really want you to be yourself and I actually felt comfortable talking with them and answering questions. Don’t remember too much about what they asked but I know that the first interview was about your work experience and the second interview was more personal and they wanted to get to know YOU. Except I never received a job offer because an employee threatened to quit if I was hired (petty lol). The whole process was rather quick and I had two interviews within the span of about 3 or 4 days!

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Sacramento, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview. The interviewer was nice and you do feel comfortable sitting next to her. If you pass then they will call you for the second interview. I think the second interview is 1 on 1. I say the overall interview was great. I was a good experience even though i didnt get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were under stress.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Antonio, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

You will go through 2 interviews. The first one you will meet with one of the managers and they will basically ask you about yourself, school, previous jobs, etc. Then ask you about tattoos. If you have ANY tattoos that are visible they will end the interview and you will not move forward. If you get a call back right after you will go to the second interview. The second one is with the GM and they will ask you about yourself and why they should hire you and ask what does integrity mean to you. Then they'll let you know immediately if you have the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

I was given a call a few days after applying. The first interview were geared towards my prior work experience and why I wanted to work for In-N-Out. It went pretty smooth and I was offered a second interview later on that day.

The second interview was more personal. I was interviewed by the manager about my university and hobbies. I was also asked about my availability. It went really good as well. I was told they liked what I had to say and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question
    • Is there a time you felt you gave great customer service? Explain the situation   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in October 2017.

Interview

Was called in the show up in the morning in a specific time for a group interview. When I show up they tell me that their not ready yet and have to wait for 20 min. I was put in a group of a 4 including myself. The whole interview itself lasted for 10-15 min. When it was over told me they’ll in a couple days but never got a call back.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and 4 days later received an email saying to attend their interview event at 10AM (basically when they opened while it wasn't busy yet). I was super nervous and didn't know but interviewed with the Store Manager, he was nice so I got more comfortable and he just asked me questions about school and volunteer (since I didn't have work experience). Overall it was an easy interview, he just wanted to get to know me. I also asked him a couple of questions too. He then gave me a 2nd interview on the spot and I agreed to come in the next day. I came in the same time and was supposed to interview with a different manager but she wasn't working on that day so another manager interviewed me and I had met him yesterday too so we recognized each other. In this interview I was expecting much harder situational questions but he asked me pretty much the same questions as the Store Manager did. In the end I asked him a couple of questions and then he said that I deserved the job and hired me on the spot. He also said that the Store Manager that interviewed me at first liked me as well. Overall in both interviews I remained calm and enjoyed talking to them since they were so kind! I shared a laugh with both managers so I believe that made them really like me. Also, whenever I spoke about the company I made sure to sound passionate and somewhat personal. Just show them how friendly, easy-going, and genuine you are also how professional and willing you are to learn. Be open-minded, smart about your answers, and be confident! Good luck and don't be so nervous! Remember that In-N-Out is known for having friendly service so always keep in mind that the interviewers there are understanding and really nice! Also, ALWAYS ASK THE INTERVIEWERS QUESTIONS!* (I'm pretty sure this is what made me stand out)