In-N-Out Burger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

In-N-Out Burger Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Downey, CA).

Interview

I applied and asked to speak to a manager. I was asked to come back for an interview. It's simple. You interview outside with a manager. They ask the usual questions, but you just gotta smile! Be friendly. And smile!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online, hadn’t received a call back for two weeks. So, I went in and asked for the status of my application. So they went to the back to look at it on their system, and asked me to come back for an interview that same day at 4:30. The interview went pretty well, they took my outside. They make you feel very comfortable so that’s a complete PLUS. He told me he’s gonna give me a call very soon, to start up onto the next process and we can go from there.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

Very similar to most entry level jobs now days. You must begin by applying online. They are always hiring. If you want to make a good impression you can swing by on a week day around 2-4 pm, but otherwise they will refer you to online for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give one example where you went out of your way to help a customer.   1 Answer

Frycook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

send in online app, then do approx. 2-3 interviews. They'll ask about your character and who you are generally. Just smile and give an honest, down to earth answer. Dress professionally as you will get extra points for that compared to other candidates.

Sales Associaate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I went in for two interviews and everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. For the first interview it was a group interview and I was called later that night for a second interview. That night I was told I was to be hired. Amazing experience overall. It was very orginized and it was my first job interview ever so I appreciate the welcoming personalities.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your life? What do you know about In-N-Out?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

I was in a group of 4 and we were asked questions in pairs. They then collected our contact info and told two of the four they were free to go. Later, one other candidate and I individually interviewed with another manager where they hired us both on the spot. I could tell that they really just wanted social people who have a passion for customer service.

Cashiering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers inside the building. I was asked about my life ambitions, work ethic, availability, all the general stuff. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, the managers were polite and the questions weren't too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

• What position do you see yourself working in?   1 Answer

Custodial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Riverside, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Arrived on time to interview, signed up on paper. Didn't call us by who was scheduled to be there, just signed up and were asked to take a seat and separated us into groups of 4 to ask interview questions. Two per person and move on to next person. Get a call within a week, but I didn't get a call.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you've made in the past, and how did you learn from it? What does good customer service mean to you, and tell of an experience? What are two things you have improved on in the last 6months? Tell about a time when you need to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Fresno, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was really easy and lasted around 10 minutes. The manager was very laid back which is way better than having someone who is way to serious. The questions were simple and usually once you answered a question the manager would follow up on your answer. One last thing is, the very first question i got asked was "Why do you want to work here".

Interview Questions

• Where Do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Working here you have to be part of the team, do you find yourself as a teamplayer?   Answer Question

Clean Up Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Moreno Valley, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online. After 1 week, I received a voicemail for an UNKNOWN NUMBER to come into the restaurant and follow up with my application. Went into the restaurant and talked to the assistant manager and was asked if I was ready for a short 15 minute interview. I was not told about that part in the voice mail but I came ready regardless. Very easy interview with the manager followed. He was very easy to talk to and the conversation flowed very naturally. Probably one of the most pleasant interviews I’ve ever had. Was scheduled for another more formal interview with the shift manager of the position I was applying for. There was another post on here for the same position that listed all the questions that I was asked. For the first interview, I felt that the questions varied depending on where the conversation went, but I’ll list a few here to get an idea of what they asked.