In-N-Out Burger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.3

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview. I met with the store manager outside, she asked me a few questions and I was hired on the spot. Very relaxed which was nice since this was my first job.

Assistant Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Baldwin Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with the HR person. Then i was called into the corporate office for an interview with the merchandising manager. No waiting around for him. Very straight forward, positive guy that was easy to talk to, he asked basic interview questions about previous jobs and life goals. My interview lasted just about an hour. The office vibe was very family oriented.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interviewing questions. The only important thing is that In N Out employees all a family vibe, so don't be arrogant or too business focused   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Hurst, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

They had a grand opening hiring event. We all have to show up between the hours of 9AM to 6PM. We went in and were seated with a number of others like in an auditorium. They interview us as a group of 4 people, 2 women and two men. They asked us different questions and it seemed as if I was singled out for being too old.

Interview Questions

• It was more how the interviewee asked me. She called my name unexpectedly in a low volume while talking to another individual and I couldn't believe she was talking to me. The person she was talking to got my attention and I knew this blew my interview out the door. She ask something about did I remember a time doing something well for someone at work and knowing they were pleased with my work.   1 Answer
    • The interviewee ask if any of us had any questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Reno, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, their application did not take long to compete. Heard back within a week. Showed up early before store hours, sat down and talked with two managers. The store manager told me they contact me within a week if they were interested in me. They called me within a week as promised and offered a job to me.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in working for In-N-Out   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Petaluma, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Fairly easy- I applied with a paper application, although now you have to go online to apply. I recommend following up and visiting the location you wish to work at and asking to speak to management directly since there are often dozens of applicants. I interviewed 1:1 with a secondary manager and was told I'd hear back in 2 weeks (which ended up being 3).

Interview Questions

• What would your mom say is your worst quality? What kind of experience do you have? If a customer had a problem, how would you handle it? ...and do you play any sports?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Escondido, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy interview, we had a normal conversation with basic questions getting to know each other. It was in the back corner of the restaurant. It took maybe a total of 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Moorpark, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Moorpark, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Upon receiving my interview I meet with a assistant manager first, fallowing the first interview which lasted about 10min and was fairly informal. I received a call back the fallowing week and proceeded to interview with the store manager and was hired on the spot. I started work the fallowing week

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you had to resolve a customer complaint?
      What would you do if you saw a co-worker mishandling cash?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Basic interview questions, you apply online and then wait for a call back for an on-site interview. I got called to go in the morning before the store got busy and was interviewed in the patio by the head manager. He was very friendly, not intimidating at all, it was more of a conversation to get to know me. You can learn how to do anything on the job but he mostly wanted to make sure I was someone that would be able to fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What are your interest?
      How do you work in a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Basic interview, Regional manager, Store manager, Called me in for a regular interview, arrived and waited for the manager. Regional manager was there at the time and interviewed me. Went home and got called back the same day for a second interview, called me the next day to ask me to join the team.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at In-N-Out Burger.

Interview

First interview was brief but the man who interviewed was very friendly. He scheduled a second interview for the next day with another manager. Second interviewer made it obvious he was completely disinterested once he learned that I was leaving for school in the fall. He asked me what my strengths and weaknesses were and then abruptly ended the interview after I asked him a few questions. Didn't even bother to shake my hand when it was over, just walked off saying nothing. So rude.