Informatica Software Engineer QA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

3.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in October 2015.

Interview

I talked to Informatica at my college's job fair. A few week later I was asked to do a coding challenge on Hackerrank. They were 3 easy technical problems as a basic screening. About 3 weeks later they responded to schedule a phone+googledoc interview with a QA manager. The interviewer was extremely difficult to understand and did a bad job explaining the problem. Although I tried my best to extract exactly what was being asked, I misunderstood a simple problem as a something else and wasted an incredible amount of time trying to solve the wrong thing.

Interview Questions

• Given two binary trees, how would you find the intersection within them, and output a tree of the intersection. However, what they mean to ask was: Write a function that finds if two binary trees are completely identical.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

There were three interviews over all. First two were phone interviews and the third onsite interview. The phone interviews lasted for 40-50 mins each. Purely technical. They asked questions based on Java and database queries.
    The onsite interview lasted for 5 hours including lunch with the manager. Was interviewed by each member of the team. The questions were based on data structures and algorithms only.

Interview Questions

• the unexpected question was to implement a practical scenario of semaphore using java threads. Had to use wait, notify and all the methods in the Thread class.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Informatica (Chandigarh (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

1 objective round that contains both technical as well as aptitude question, solving indiabix problems will help.
    1 Subjective round, going through basics of os , sql and programming will be sufficient.
     3 Technical interview rounds, basics of DS, OS, Linux and SQL.

Software Engineer QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Process involves online test with objective and subjective questions on data structures, database systems, Unix, operating systems and 2-3 tech interviews and final HR round. I had 3 tech rounds of tech interview. More of data structures, dbms questions like linked list, stacks, sorting algos, dbms queries were asked in 1st round. 2nd round questions were on puzzles, coding, unix. 3rd round had dbms related questions mostly. final HR round was usual questions. Hiring Process was good

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were usual interview questions in data structures   Answer Question

Software Engineer QA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

objective,subjective,2 techinical,hr interviews

Software Engineer QA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in March 2012.

Interview

Had multiple rounds, each with different people. First had an interview to test my knowledge and my areas of interest, then had interviews to test my skill. Then I had an interview to get to know the position, in which I had plenty of time to ask questions.

Software Engineer QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

First they asked us to write a Written Test which consist of two parts : MCQ and subjective. MCQ paper had RDBMS, UNIX, C, aptitute questions.
    After one week they informed me that i have cleared test and have to come for F2F interview.

First Round : They asked me some puzzles, basic question on java, design patterns and write few codes.It was easy. Cleared first round.
    After first round they kept me waited for around 45 mins(No coordination between HR and Interviewer).
    Second Round : Asked me about mutlithreading code, some data structure implementation in java, other java questions- around 50-60 mins. He asked me to meet HR.

HR told me that 2 rounds are completed and you will be called for next round early next week.
    They didn't call me after that when i followed up with them after some time HR told that he didn't get interview feedback yet.
    Very unprofessional behavior of their at least they should have inform candidates irrespective of whether he/she selected or not.

Software Engineer QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

Algorithm Round, SQL round, Core Java Round, Tools Round
    Round 1 : Basic Java,