Ipreo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ipreo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipreo.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then three in person interviews with several different people. Along with that, an IQ test. The recruiter for their company along the way kept in contact.... easy-going process.

Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an interview.

Phone Screen
    During the phone screen, HR told me that they haven't had any other people apply for the position in the month and a half since they posted it. I passed the phone screen with HR and had another phone interview with the hiring manager set up for later in the week.

Hiring Manager Phone Interview
    This interview went well and seemed like a formality for it was pretty quick and I was asked to come in for an in person interview.

In Person Interview
    I went to the in person interview and interviewed with 9 people for three hours. The employees I interviewed with were great, really nice and personable. The downtown location was nice and had convenient parking. The questions were pretty standard for design interviews; most related to my portfolio and previous design experience/process.

Post Interview
    After the interview, I didn't hear back from HR for 3 weeks. I sent a follow up email to see where they were in the process and the HR contact said they hadn't made a decision. A few weeks later I was notified that they cancelled the position. My guess was no one else applied to the position and they wanted to wait a few months to see if they could get any more alternatives.

Overall it seemed like they wanted to move really fast to set up interviews but then I was left hanging for 4-5 weeks waiting for the outcome.

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screen which moved on to an in person with three separate interviews with senior level managers. Phone screen was simple, mostly talking about background and an overview of the role. The in person was more complex, with an excel test, writing test, and more finance based questions. Overall was impressed by the organization and overall passion toward the business the employees had.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ipreo.

Interview

One on one with a Senior Level GMI Analyst, very friendly. Scheduled for 30 mins however managed to cover all points within 5-10 mins. Mentioned a second round interview consisting of excel test, writing test, and several interview sessions with upper level management at their headquarters in New York City

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Ipreo because they saw me on LinkedIn and thought I'd be a strong fit for an open position they were trying to fill. I sent over my resume and we set up a time to chat. The time came and went and I never heard from them. Wanting to give the benefit of the doubt I emailed them to see what happened. They did respond but only to say that a meeting was late. They didn't ask if I wanted to set up a new time so I sent another email to ask them and they agreed. A few days later that time arrived but once again I never heard from them. Once again I sent an email, once again all they told me was that they had another meeting run over, and once again they didn't ask if I wanted to reschedule. I decided to forget about it at that point and didn't bother responding. Oddly enough though they did message me again randomly on the following Saturday and all the message said was that they hoped I was having a good weekend. I had already made up my mind about Ipreo and figured the message was sent in error so I ignored it.

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was connected through a friend to an executive at the company who then referred me to a woman from recruiting out of the NC offices. After finding what role fit me, she set me up with a phone interview that was fairly casual, and overall a very enjoyable experience. I interviewed with a lead analyst in the New York offices, and waited a few weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some trends or significant events that you are following in the markets today?
      Q: Provide examples of public speaking experience that would show strong communication skills?
      Q: What data analytics tools are you familiar with, and what did you use them for?

***The question about market trends seems to be a common one asked by management, be ready for it***
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process spanned over 4 weeks. First week was coding assignment sent in email. Had a couple hours to complete. Once I cleared that, following week was a an hour long 1-1 phone interview with Lead developer. 3rd week was face-face with the team and hiring manager. And final week I was offered the position. Overall a very pleasant experience and all interviewers were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, database concepts, Design patterns, White-boarding algorithms   Answer Question

GMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview, ended relatively early. Spoke with a person in HR. It was basically a review of the position and then of my qualifications, with some market-based questions, just to test your interest in Finance.

GMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with recruiter, then interviewed New York office in November 2016. After completing a writing sample I met with 3 groups of 2 or 3 people. They asked pretty basic questions about where I believed the market was going, to pitch a stock, and about past internships and working with teams.
    I was disappointed with the whole process for several reasons. First of all, after following up with the 8 people I had met with only none of them got back to me as a courtesy. After following up with HR a couple of times, I didn't hear anything from Ipreo until 2 months after I interviewed, where they told me that they wanted to extend the offer but would get back to me in early January after the holidays. They did not contact me again until early February with offer details.

A word of advice, even if there is not an answer on hiring immediately it goes a long way to communicate that to the candidate, not just ignore their inquiries on the status of the position. I was really put off by the unorganized hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the market is headed in the next year   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The Hr call me and made some very simple questions as : Are you allowed to work at US? The location is close enough to you? etc.
    Then, after weeks they got to schedule the interview with the hiring manager. That was good! She made experience related questions, she was very nice over the phone and it took less than 30min. Then, after some other weeks they schedule the interview with the hiring manager + director of the company. Two hours before the interview I received a email about a writing test that I would have to do when I get there and some market/ financial related questions that I would need to answer. This was a surprise since the position was an entry level and they don't ask for experience at all. The questions were very easy, not deep on my knowledge or experience at all and I didn't felt really challenged. Although, after all, I felt like I should have spoke more about myself and not just wait for their questions.
    My big deception about Ipreo was the lack of organization on the interview process and feedback. They didn't have a date to close the position, and they didn't return to me (since Oct/16 until now) to explain how the process was going. I am disappointed with this.