Jacobs Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobs Process Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with about 8 interviewers, including managers and experienced engineers.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are related to fundamental knowledge on chemical engineering.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jacobs

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

You have a series of 4 people interview you out of the department with the final person being the department manager. He usually gets feed back from those that interview you before he enters the room so he knows whether he wants to hire you or not usually when he walks in. You usually hear back in with in two weeks with and offer letter or a thanks but no thanks letter.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult challenge that you have had in your working career?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

I was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10, how good am I in process simulator   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Our strong track record of refinery projects for major clients includes successful projects for industry leaders such as ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Valero, Total, and Neste Oil.

i got a job in canada

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

very fast and very profesional. Interesting

Interview Questions

• some techincal questions related to some previous projects   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was for Process Engineer -New grad position and was held at the University career services office.
    The interviewers were a Lead Engineer and HR specialist. It was interactive interview around my resume.It was very friendly and little informal. The main interviewer was the technical while the HR person was asking a Q from time to time.

What kind of projects did you work in?
    Have you worked in small teams or only big teams? Challenges with a project?
    What do you do outside work?
    Have you travelled/work abroad?
    Expected graduation date? eligibility to work in Canada?
    How many courses are you taking?
    Software/programs capabilities!!
    Do you like multiple tasks or one task?
    Why did you choose Jacobs? What do you know about Jacobs?
    What kind of sports do you like?
    Tell me about task you proud of?
    Questions related to previous experiences?Internship?Part time work?,... (They prefer ppl with previous experience,internships)

The interviewers were super friendly and welcomy and trying to give you info and advice as much as they could.

To prepare:
    -Prepare situations,well summarized.
    -Resume organization is important.
    -Be simple and confident
    -Consult Career services at you school for preparation and support.

After 2weeks, they called me for a visit to the company where I met a young engineer giving me intro about the company ,the environment and kind of work. Also, I received the offer before that visit. They assume you would discuss the offer content when you are in their office.

Good Luck

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jacobs in June 2010.

Interview

Interviews are based upon recognition and your skill level.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Antwerp (Belgium)) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple interview with a senior process engineer. it took almost 2 hours. she said she liked my profile a lot. I waited 2 weeks for a call to continue with the next interview with the process manager, it never happened. I called them to check any process to find out the had given the position to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about pumping calculations. Transport phenomena. They seem to highly a lot on the negative thing of the position instead of selling the idea of being a great company. It felt that she was complaining about her job.   Answer Question