Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Civil Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

There was a Panel Interview
    Two to Three Senior Staff Members from the Engineering Department and/or Project Management
    Each Asking their own set of interviewing questions
    After the interview you are introduced to other engineers where you are able to sit with them and see what type of work they are involved in. This is where they narrow down which candidates they would like to make an offer to later on because they are seeing first hand how they interact with staff etc etc

Interview Questions

• Describe what Engineering Experience you may have
      Why do you want to Intern here
      Tell us what you know about this company
      Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I had a good experience with the skype interview and talked to multiple people on the contract. They talked to me for about 40 minutes and asked if I had any questions about the job. They responded very quickly with my offer, after only 2 business days.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your past experience and where you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Tampa, FL).

Interview

They interviewed me over the phone asking questions specific to their project, which was a government contract. I was to be the software expert comparing two software packages that were used by different branches of the armed forced to do the same thing. Next, they invited me down and I interviewed with the project manager and supervisor. We interviewed in the board room. After that they made me the offer and went into details. They were both very straight forward and I guess I was able to answer all of their questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked how good I was figuring out software packages.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview last around an hour. I interviewed with two engineers. Their interview process was average and forgettable. They did not impress me during the interview. I had to ask most all of the questions. They look at GPA above all else.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Met with Project Manager to go over qualifications and strengths that I could bring to the team. Also went over the goals of the project team and what I could possibly be doing

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

This was a very smooth and professional interview process from start to finish. There is a fresh innovative feel as you walk in and everyone seems engaged in their work.

Project Engineer II Interview

Interview

about an hour... they needed people quickly, so it was a set of questions geared toward the job to see what experience would apply to the project. The management was easy going, and knowledgeable enough to be able to assess capability with the questions. They also wanted to know what technology used in the past to facilitate managing projects, and said what processes they used.

Interview Questions

• have you had both field and office experience?
      how do you deal with difficult people?
      Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was via Skype, and lasted about an hour. The panel consisted of my immediate supervisor, and section supervisor. They asked me to describe myself; education background, professional experience. They asked me questions related to my resume, about the projects I've worked on. They were incredibly interested in how I view the industry, and where I think it is going.

For the second interview I went to their office, and they took me out to lunch. During this interview they wanted to get to know me; my interests both professional and personal. They described the city and the types of projects they work on, and where they want to take their section in the future. On returning to the office, they introduced me to future collegues, and other people in other departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your professional experience? How do you view the industry? What projects have you worked on, and what have you learned in the process? How do you approach time management?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jacobs in October 2016.

Interview

I had only one interview with a board of four engineers within the department. There was also one person from HR. Everyone had a copy of my resume and the question sheet. Each person took turns asking questions. During my responses, everyone took notes on them. Overall, I felt pretty comfortable throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were under pressure and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with testing and data interpretation?   Answer Question
    • From a scale of 1-10, how experienced are you with engineering software and programs. I.e Matlab, Siemens NX, Solid Works, Lab View   Answer Question
    • How well do you work in groups? What role do you play in groups?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us? What made you want to go into the engineering field?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because this position was a co-op, there was not much or any negotiation.

Mission Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to a college recruiter that came during a career fair. Briefly talked to him and had a phone interview set up. After the phone interview, about a week passed and was offered the job.