Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Jacobs (Denver, CO).

Interview

Met Supervisor and Client at restaurant for a discussion over drinks. It took a few weeks before the position was cleared by the Client. I had to follow up multiple times until an offer was finally given.

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I received the email that I was interested in the position. I told them I was and asked more about the position. Wanted to know if I would take a very below market pay rate. I said I couldn't take the position in that location for the company. They seemed upset that I didn't take the offer. I applied for another position in a different state and they black ball me. I received a email one minute after applying I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Would I take a below market pay rate for the position.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called out of the blue to schedule an interview (they insisted I interviewed sooner than later). At the interview they told me about the company, then asked 11 basic interview questions about myself, then finished by asking me if I had any questions. They took about two weeks to respond with an offer (I even emailed them after a week and a half and got no response until the actual offer that I received 3 days after emailing them)

Electronics Calibration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

i was scheduled for an interview and then had a family emergency. I asked to reschedule and they told me that "due to my inflexibility, i would not be considered.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted application, never heard from them again. It is a big hole where applications are poured into, you get an email confirming receipt, and then nada. When you reach out to key people, they are too busy to be bothered.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

Submitted an application directly through their site. Within 3 minutes they sent an email stating that after careful review I was not selected. Three minutes...careful review??? They clearly have lost their human touch.

CND Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

This sounds crazy, but they found me on LinkedIn, had one job interview over the phone, and then sent me an offer. If you get a job with a security clearance it could take you a while before you start. I accepted the job in April and could not start until July because I was waiting for my security clearance.

Interview Questions

• I don't know... they really spent a lot of time 'selling' me on the job and explaining my duties.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted through email by a recruiter. Had an in person interview with 4 other designers. The follow up interview was a video chat with some of the staff who you would be answering to. Both mainly talked about portfolio and the design process that was used for the projects. Very easy going, talked a lot about what computer programs I preferred and skill set relating to said programs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jacobs? What would be your definition of an integrated studio?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me and set up a phone interview where they asked me about my past experience and why I wanted to work for them. Then I got a call back asking me to come into the office for an interview. When I went all they did was introduce me and show me around the office.

Science & Tech Practice Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Has several over the phone interviews; one with SF office managing director, one with East Coast counter part, and face to face interview with other key members of the SF office and lunch with managing director. There appeared to be a disconnect between what the job description entailed and managing director sought versus more of a marketing manager role others in the office seemed to have in mind.

Interview Questions

• What I felt I liked doing more, working hands-on with clients and team on projects or business development and marketing?   1 Answer