Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2018

2.7

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Jacobs (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a phone screen with three employees. I was asked about my contract management experience. The interviewers were very down to earth. The interview lasted an hour and the following day I was invited to an in person interview at the Atlanta office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a very comfortable experience

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jacobs (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Very, easy. Straight forward and pretty relaxed. The managers seemed to just want to get to know how you would fit in to the company. They asked about education, extra activities and basically outlined what you would be doing on the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

The managers who interviewed me were very professional and polite. They started asking me to talk about my resumé (experience, education), followed by the job properly.
    Since I have been reading a lot about the company, they did not need to explain me about it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Initiated with a couple of informal phone interviews which resulted in a face to face at the main office. The process was relatively simply and straight forward. The process was a positive experience. There was a quick offer after the face to face interview and an immediate response was requested. The process was efficient.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward and to the point. There were not any of the ridiculous "if you were an animal what would you be" questions. We discussed the position, my experience and leadership style. Everything was relevant to the program and position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was limited due to the position and available budget. A counteroffer of was presented and accepted. Information regarding benefits was not made available upon request. It was not refused just overlooked and I did not press the issue as it was a minor factor in evaluation of the offer.

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Very easy, as long as approved at the client interview the job was mine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The client had a certain budget to maintain, which my salary had to conform.

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then one face to face interview. Follow up by HR was satisfactory.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy,over the phone.

Other Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Was smooth, not really any pressure got hired on the spot. I got interviewed by a panel of 3 people, was very nervous but they all made the process very comfortable. It was between me and another girl and I got told that I got the job on the spot!

Piping Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in May 2014.

Interview

Sent resume through school adviser and was set up with an interview within the week. Very well structured and informative. They let me know there was no promises as to whether I would get hired. I was hired the next week and filled out paper work and was on the job the following week.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest task you have ever had to overcome?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call to set up interview about 2 weeks later. Went in for interview with HR manager and two others for panel interview. Received notification of offer via phone then actual offer letter via email within 1 week. Got start date within 1 month and filled out several papers prior to orientation. Had to go to medical onsite prior to getting authorization to proceed to work area.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Major focus on safety and knowledge of Jacob's Safety program on website.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set salary (take it or leave it)