Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.6

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jacobs (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Networked with HR; about 5-6 people interviewed at once. Because it was an entry level position, they just talked about their own experiences and told me stories. They barely asked me any questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour but it was so laid back and comfortable I didn't notice. The group of people are all incredibly nice and accommodating. The only negative is that my recruiter forgot to tell HR I have been offered the job so when I got to work, I wasn't in the system and it took the first week to get situated.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Applied directly through website; non technical interview. It was over skype, and the manager + HR were in the room, but not in view of the camera. Basically, it is clear to me they like to hire excited interns who have demonstrated interest in their field of study outside of school. For me, that meant club involvement.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you worked on a team   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview, where the interviews described what the job entails and discussed what they do in the department. Also discussed completed and upcoming projects. I had to discuss my technical skills which covered at least 70% of my resume

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on what I did for my internships   Answer Question

Project Surveyor - RPLS/SIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application and resume and was contacted within two days by their HR employee. I interviewed with their team within a week and shared my current career status along with long term goals. They asked me to drive up for the interview, which is about three hours from my current location.

The interview went great, I felt as if there was rapport. They asked for my salary requirements, therefore, I told them what I currently made and I requested for an offer to be made and if I was unhappy with the offer I would let them know. They made an offer for the same salary which I shared that I currently made. I informed them that I could not accept that offer, however, if they considered an increase I believe that would take care of the offer and I could begin the transition.

Over a week goes by with no reply and I finally heard back from the HR person indicating that they had hired internally. I reached out to the three members of the team I met with and thanked them for the interview and asked if I misinterpreted the outcome of the interview? I received no reply from any of them.

It was essentially a waste of my time and the representatives that I encountered during the interview and hiring process may actually represent what employment with Jacobs may amount to. I was hopeful to join this company, but I am grateful that I did not go through an extensive relocation process only to join an opportunistic operation.

Interview Questions

Interview

very welcoming, they initially wanted to get an idea of my values and work ethic. Coming right out of college they said most of the day to day tasks can be taught.

Systems Integrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schriever AFB, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Schriever AFB, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

asked me what I do for the current contract they won over another company. told them what I do. They had a standard set of questions they asked every other person on the contract for what felt like a check the block process. They offered me a little more than the same salary as I was currently holding with no negotiation despite having a fairly lesser benefits package. required everyone to put in their current salary in their application, yet said it was illegal for us to discuss our offered salary from them with fellow employees. Pretty awkward.

Architectural Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview was comfortable and even though I did not get the job you can tell the office had a great atmosphere. It was rofessional, but kind and friendly. I enjoyed the conversation.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Jacobs (Denver, CO).

Interview

Met Supervisor and Client at restaurant for a discussion over drinks. It took a few weeks before the position was cleared by the Client. I had to follow up multiple times until an offer was finally given.

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I received the email that I was interested in the position. I told them I was and asked more about the position. Wanted to know if I would take a very below market pay rate. I said I couldn't take the position in that location for the company. They seemed upset that I didn't take the offer. I applied for another position in a different state and they black ball me. I received a email one minute after applying I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Would I take a below market pay rate for the position.   1 Answer