Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.7

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted application, never heard from them again. It is a big hole where applications are poured into, you get an email confirming receipt, and then nada. When you reach out to key people, they are too busy to be bothered.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

Submitted an application directly through their site. Within 3 minutes they sent an email stating that after careful review I was not selected. Three minutes...careful review??? They clearly have lost their human touch.

CND Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

This sounds crazy, but they found me on LinkedIn, had one job interview over the phone, and then sent me an offer. If you get a job with a security clearance it could take you a while before you start. I accepted the job in April and could not start until July because I was waiting for my security clearance.

Interview Questions

• I don't know... they really spent a lot of time 'selling' me on the job and explaining my duties.   Answer Question

Learning & Talent Manager Interview

Interview

Thorough set up of interviewing with full team. Not enough alignment internally on common view of "ideal" candidate. Not everyone equally invested on the need for the role or for an external hire in this case.

Interview Questions

• Why Jacobs? Why this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience that contributes to your decision to interview for this role?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted through email by a recruiter. Had an in person interview with 4 other designers. The follow up interview was a video chat with some of the staff who you would be answering to. Both mainly talked about portfolio and the design process that was used for the projects. Very easy going, talked a lot about what computer programs I preferred and skill set relating to said programs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jacobs? What would be your definition of an integrated studio?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me and set up a phone interview where they asked me about my past experience and why I wanted to work for them. Then I got a call back asking me to come into the office for an interview. When I went all they did was introduce me and show me around the office.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I had a good experience with the skype interview and talked to multiple people on the contract. They talked to me for about 40 minutes and asked if I had any questions about the job. They responded very quickly with my offer, after only 2 business days.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your past experience and where you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

There was a Panel Interview
    Two to Three Senior Staff Members from the Engineering Department and/or Project Management
    Each Asking their own set of interviewing questions
    After the interview you are introduced to other engineers where you are able to sit with them and see what type of work they are involved in. This is where they narrow down which candidates they would like to make an offer to later on because they are seeing first hand how they interact with staff etc etc

Interview Questions

• Describe what Engineering Experience you may have
      Why do you want to Intern here
      Tell us what you know about this company
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Tampa, FL).

Interview

They interviewed me over the phone asking questions specific to their project, which was a government contract. I was to be the software expert comparing two software packages that were used by different branches of the armed forced to do the same thing. Next, they invited me down and I interviewed with the project manager and supervisor. We interviewed in the board room. After that they made me the offer and went into details. They were both very straight forward and I guess I was able to answer all of their questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked how good I was figuring out software packages.   2 Answers

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview last around an hour. I interviewed with two engineers. Their interview process was average and forgettable. They did not impress me during the interview. I had to ask most all of the questions. They look at GPA above all else.