Found 6,199 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "the people are great and there are a lot of optional employee groups you can join to connect with people with similar viewpoints" (in 406 reviews)
- "Pay is good and work can be interesting." (in 287 reviews)
- "They offer many good benefits and are always hosting morale functions for employees and their family members." (in 280 reviews)
- "Flexibility and good work life balance" (in 207 reviews)
- "Good salary and they put a lot of trust in their employees to work independently and take initiative and provide solutions for the clients." (in 199 reviews)
- "Poor management... they waste most of the job budget on very high salaried people in meetings where very little if anything is accomplished." (in 247 reviews)
- "This was due to the fact that I received no training when I was hired." (in 100 reviews)
- "Some managers don't have the educational backround for the positions they hold." (in 75 reviews)
- "Upper management is disconnected from ground level." (in 71 reviews)
- "Poor leadership… seems like they hire and promote based on the “good ol’ boy” system." (in 52 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Jacobs and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Aug 8, 2023Architectural HistorianCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearArlington, VA
Great company for anyone in the historic preservation field to work at, be fairly compensated, and get involved in large, interesting projects. Coworkers are nice, accommodating, communicative, and overall normal and nice human beings. I came from a toxic consulting work environment and was afraid Jacobs would be more or less the same -- that has not been my experience (although it is a big company so I do not know other's experience). In the CRM field, it is nice to be actually fairly compensated. I was offered $30K MORE at Jacobs compared to a small CRM firm within the same month. Lastly, they truly value employee referrals indicating that they believe their people are great and can find good people as well. They are quick to support you in your career growth and attendance at conferences. The benefits are great. Unlimited PTO, 401k matching, HSA account with employer contributions? Yes, please.
Fully remote positions can always be hard when you never see/meet colleagues in person, but at Jacobs that depends on the group you are in. Most make an effort for team bonding and are always up for a break and a chat.1
- 1.0Nov 30, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Flexible schedule with little to no oversight. Great company to work for if you do not care about anything and just want to collect a pay check.
Poor use of resources and planning, bad or absent management, lack of goals and focus, toxic work environment, big egos, no training, poor communication with stakeholders
- 4.0Nov 25, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsReston, VA
Competitive, market-driven salaries and benefits. Room for growth.
Some leaders/managers are better than others.
- 4.0Nov 22, 2023Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFayetteville, NC
Great benefits package and very committed to the customer and employee
They are still working on some of their back end policies and processes.
- 3.0Nov 8, 2023Bridge EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Pay and benefits are really good. Since it is a huge company, there is a lot of opportunity to work on big and unique projects.
Super corporate. One meeting, a group of executives talked in acronyms for an hour. It was confusing but comical. There are too many layers of upper management. They restructure every few months. I’m convinced upper management does it to make it seem like they’re actually working. Also, office culture is HIGHLY dependent on the office location you work out of.3
- 4.0Nov 21, 2023Mechanical EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWashington, DC
Unlimited PTO, flexible hours, fully remote
Not a ton of training offered. You just have to figure it out as you go
- 5.0Nov 18, 2023Sales Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBaltimore, MD
Jacobs is serious about supporting you professional develop goals and provides many opportunities for you to grow in your career.
Extremely large company, so internal networking is a must.
- 5.0Nov 6, 2023Talent Acquisition SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearTampa, FL
Jacobs may be one of the best companies I have worked at thus far. They have given me on the job training for DoD understanding, allowed for flexible schedule and are open and transparent. I have a great team.
I cannot say I have cons at this time.
Jacobs Reviews FAQs
Jacobs has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 7,035 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Jacobs to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
80% of Jacobs employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Jacobs 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.