Jefferies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2018

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Submitted my application through LinkedIn Jobs. I then spoke with the recruiter first who learnt some basics about my background and scheduled the phone interview. The hiring manager called me afterwards with a technical phone interview.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

Started off with 2 phone interviews and then a superday with 4 interviews in the new york office. Asked a lot about my prior working experience. I had one brain teaser and asked if I had a personal portfolio of investments

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical hiring process consisting of HR screening then invitation to superday where you interview with dozens of other prospective banking analysts. Emails and feedback were prompt, offer was extended within 48 hours after superday.

Interview Questions

• Q: Walk me through how the 3 financial statements are connected.   Answer Question

Equity Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview all behavioral and then super day which consisted of a 1 hour 3 seperate 1 person interviews which were all very nice and sociable people who were really just trying to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Talk about geopolitical event   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferies in November 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR, she asked some basic questions like current role details, why am I looking job now, salary exceptions and she scheduled a phone interview the next day- she did mentioned that it will not be a technical interview.
    Day2: I received a call from the team of 3- one to ask questions on UI and other person to ask question in java and other person who leads the interview - explains about the role and project.
    I mentioned them that I wasn't working on UI in current project and I can't take any questions in UI.

Interview Questions

• Java script based questions:

1. What is a constructor in java script
      2. What is a prototype in Java script   Answer Question
    • Java and Spring MVC questions:
      1. How are beans instantiated in spring
      2. How many times a bean can be initialized. How many beans are created?
      3. What is the difference between array list and has map. Will hash map accepts duplicates and how it know if it has duplicates.
      4. How will you use Junit framework for writing test classes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

This was for the role of a Python Software Engineer at the Strategic Investment Division hedge fund at Jefferies in midtown Manhattan. They are rewriting a back office reporting system which has a legacy implementation using Java and Perl. The rewritten version is to use Python 3, Tornado (async), Docker, REST, Kafka, and Pandas. I was connected to the hedge fund via a recruiter. I first had a phone interview which lasted thirty minutes. I then had an on-site interview which lasted 4.5 hours. After one week of the on-site interview, I received feedback that I did insufficiently well in the data structures portion.

Interview Questions

• Write a Python class that implements a collection with the public methods insert, search, delete, and get_random, all of which work in constant-time. get_random should select with uniform probability. Also state the space complexity of the collection. Assume that duplicates can exist in the collection.   2 Answers
    • How are cross-product, inner join, left outer join, and full outer join performed in PostgreSQL?   Answer Question
    • The families in a country keep having a child until a boy is born in the family. What is the ratio of boys to girls in the country?   1 Answer
    • In Python, how is multiple inheritance used? How would you initialize the multiple base classes?   Answer Question
    • What does the Pandas dataframe groupby method return? What are the inputs and outputs of the Pandas dataframe apply method?   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then they asked me to come in for a full interview. Three rounds with two people interviewing you, it wasn't bad at all.

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online. Invited to interviews. Nice location and people.

I was quite nervous, you’ll learn corporate valuation methodologies, accounting and financial modeling, as well as the importance of relationship building through interaction with Jefferies’ clients and senior bankers. Afterwards, you’ll apply your learnings through formal case study presentations and preparation for your regulatory exams.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

Applied through campus career services website, contacted for a phone interview a week later. Spoke with an analyst who asked me questions about my resume followed by a series of technical questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two guys, one analyst and one VP, spent 15 minutes grilling "Why IB" and then 15 minutes doing technicals. The interviewers came off as aggressive and were looking for a reason not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What kind of advantage or disadvantage do you have not having done a finance related internship last summer?

What multiple should you use when discounting a cash flow to a PV terminal value?

Walk me through an LBO.   Answer Question