Jefferies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jefferies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2018

3.1

Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jefferies in April 2016.

Interview

I have interviewed with 6 people for over 5 hours. The people were professional and were able to answer all my questions to my satisfaction but to not get an offer due to my salary requirements which was known in the beginning baffled me. If you know that would be an issue why waste all this time in the interview process.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferies in November 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR, she asked some basic questions like current role details, why am I looking job now, salary exceptions and she scheduled a phone interview the next day- she did mentioned that it will not be a technical interview.
    Day2: I received a call from the team of 3- one to ask questions on UI and other person to ask question in java and other person who leads the interview - explains about the role and project.
    I mentioned them that I wasn't working on UI in current project and I can't take any questions in UI.

Interview Questions

• Java script based questions:

1. What is a constructor in java script
      2. What is a prototype in Java script   Answer Question
    • Java and Spring MVC questions:
      1. How are beans instantiated in spring
      2. How many times a bean can be initialized. How many beans are created?
      3. What is the difference between array list and has map. Will hash map accepts duplicates and how it know if it has duplicates.
      4. How will you use Junit framework for writing test classes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

This was for the role of a Python Software Engineer at the Strategic Investment Division hedge fund at Jefferies in midtown Manhattan. They are rewriting a back office reporting system which has a legacy implementation using Java and Perl. The rewritten version is to use Python 3, Tornado (async), Docker, REST, Kafka, and Pandas. I was connected to the hedge fund via a recruiter. I first had a phone interview which lasted thirty minutes. I then had an on-site interview which lasted 4.5 hours. After one week of the on-site interview, I received feedback that I did insufficiently well in the data structures portion.

Interview Questions

• Write a Python class that implements a collection with the public methods insert, search, delete, and get_random, all of which work in constant-time. get_random should select with uniform probability. Also state the space complexity of the collection. Assume that duplicates can exist in the collection.   2 Answers
    • How are cross-product, inner join, left outer join, and full outer join performed in PostgreSQL?   Answer Question
    • The families in a country keep having a child until a boy is born in the family. What is the ratio of boys to girls in the country?   1 Answer
    • In Python, how is multiple inheritance used? How would you initialize the multiple base classes?   Answer Question
    • What does the Pandas dataframe groupby method return? What are the inputs and outputs of the Pandas dataframe apply method?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Very thorough, 6-9 interviews. A mix of fit and analytical interviews. Mostly fit though.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls could fit on a 737 jet?   4 Answers

Negotiation

None

Analyst Interview

Interview

OCR

Interview Questions

• How many deal toys do we get in one year if we make 1.25B in annual revenue, an average deal is 10M, everyone on the deal team gets a deal toy, there are on average 5 ppl per deal team?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Got the phone call from HR and asked me to have a onsite interview. The office locates in San Francisco's Financial District. And the job position is about the equity research analyst for semi-conductor area. F2F with the two people, one is MD, another is VP. Both are very nice,

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Had a slew of different level people come in and interview. Very unstructured. People came in one by one to ask a seemingly unstructured array of questions. Some interviewers seemed to be happy to get off of their job to chat.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies in November 2015.

Interview

I was informed that the first-round interview would be via phone. It was more of a screening. Make sure you read up on the specific business areas with which Jeffries is involved. It's also important to have some questions that show serious thought. I think I could have done better in this area.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Invited to interviews. Nice location and people.

I was quite nervous, you’ll learn corporate valuation methodologies, accounting and financial modeling, as well as the importance of relationship building through interaction with Jefferies’ clients and senior bankers. Afterwards, you’ll apply your learnings through formal case study presentations and preparation for your regulatory exams.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews. One was one on one the other was with two people. The first call was just personality questions and the second was only technicals with no fit questions at all.

Interview Questions

• Accounting technical question and questions on select parts of resume   Answer Question