Jefferies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jefferies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

3.2

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jefferies in November 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR, she asked some basic questions like current role details, why am I looking job now, salary exceptions and she scheduled a phone interview the next day- she did mentioned that it will not be a technical interview.
    Day2: I received a call from the team of 3- one to ask questions on UI and other person to ask question in java and other person who leads the interview - explains about the role and project.
    I mentioned them that I wasn't working on UI in current project and I can't take any questions in UI.

Interview Questions

• Java script based questions:

1. What is a constructor in java script
      2. What is a prototype in Java script   Answer Question
    • Java and Spring MVC questions:
      1. How are beans instantiated in spring
      2. How many times a bean can be initialized. How many beans are created?
      3. What is the difference between array list and has map. Will hash map accepts duplicates and how it know if it has duplicates.
      4. How will you use Junit framework for writing test classes.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Invited to interviews. Nice location and people.

I was quite nervous, you’ll learn corporate valuation methodologies, accounting and financial modeling, as well as the importance of relationship building through interaction with Jefferies’ clients and senior bankers. Afterwards, you’ll apply your learnings through formal case study presentations and preparation for your regulatory exams.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

Applied through campus career services website, contacted for a phone interview a week later. Spoke with an analyst who asked me questions about my resume followed by a series of technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two guys, one analyst and one VP, spent 15 minutes grilling "Why IB" and then 15 minutes doing technicals. The interviewers came off as aggressive and were looking for a reason not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What kind of advantage or disadvantage do you have not having done a finance related internship last summer?

What multiple should you use when discounting a cash flow to a PV terminal value?

Walk me through an LBO.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and with an employee referral. Phone screen to judge interest. Official first round that was heavy on valuation technicals and technical resume questions. Only behaviorals came from resume.

Interview Questions

• What does the X in EV / EBITDAX mean and why do we add it back? (This came from resume)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews. One was one on one the other was with two people. The first call was just personality questions and the second was only technicals with no fit questions at all.

Interview Questions

• Accounting technical question and questions on select parts of resume   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone screen interview with one analyst and one associate. Did a Skype or Facetime interview with two Managing Directors. Phone screen was not hard at all, but the Skype interview with the MDs was pretty challenging. Lots of behaviorals and markets.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies in September 2017.

Interview

The process was straightforward. An analyst and an associate reached out and wanted to schedule the interview that day or the next. Basic fit questions about why Jefferies, why IB etc.. Know your resume cold and be prepared for industry based questions regarding your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• How do you find Unlevered FCF
      WACC formula and follow-ups
      How are the three financial statements connected
      Ways to value a company   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferies (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a screening call with someone in HR. Had a super day with 7 interviews (4 associates, 2 VPS, 1 SVP). Each interview was highly technical and there was little to no focus on "fit". Employees all came from engineering backgrounds instead of finance. Did not receive an offer and likely would have rejected as it was clearly not the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a specific example of a valuation model you recently put together?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people at the company including the hiring manager. The included a combination of phone and in-person interviews. They provided an overview of what they were looking for and asked a few questions about me. After the 3rd interview, I did not hear back from them so I reached out to get a status on where they were in the process. I did not get an answer to my e-mail on the status request.