Kaplan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kaplan University

2.6

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

I was scouted through LinkedIn then submitted my application online. The person who scouted me called to give me more details then recommended me for an interview. About two weeks later I had an interview with the hiring manager. I followed up that same day with a thank you email. I then followed up about 1.5 weeks later asking for an update (I was told to contact the interviewer if I did not hear from them within a week). No response to my follow up. I believe the recruiter accidentally told me the position was remote when it was not. None the less a response would have been appropriate.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you organize and prioritize projects?   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Dean of school called me and interviewed me online. He asked for a teaching philosophy to be emailed to him. He also asked for official transcripts. He was very professional and pleasant, and was not intimidating. I have loved working for Kaplan, but wish I had more classes to teach and would like to be full time. I had more classes at first.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider one of your weaknesses   1 Answer

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was standard like other companies. After applying through Glassdoor I was asked to apply through the company's website, then I received a phone call from the recruiter with quick questions regarding my work experience and interests. After about a week a follow up call was received scheduling a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and the Financial Aid Director, after another week a phone call was received from the recruiter informing that an offer was going to be made but they could not pay the amount I was asking for. It was not going to be much difference than my previous job so I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your day to day routine?
      Why did you change jobs so often?
      Tell me about a situation you had to go to HR?
      Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I first had a Kaplan recruiter contact me after I applied for the position to do a phone interview. She basically stated the job description and set me up for an in-person interview the following week on at their Orlando, FL location near the campus of UCF.

Red Flag #1 The recruiter followed-up several times prior to the interview. She called the day before to ask if I was ready or nervous. She even called the morning of the interview while I was attempting to get to my interview. The recruiter she was pushing you to be sure you attend your interview because I'm guessing it's part of their pay plan. I honestly spoke to the recruiter more times than I did my own friends and family during the process. There's a big difference between follow-up and overkill, I felt like I was answering the phone from a telemarketer.

I walked through a very crowded call center into the interview room. There were 3 people present. The Director of Admissions, a manager and a superior of the admissions director that was observing there work. The interview were your typical behavior STAR questions.

Red Flag #2: I inquired as to why the position was open and they stated it was due to growth. Unfortunately, I prefer honest answers. They layoff every year in this department and they give you cold leads. I also made sure I did not let them know I knew many employees that are currently employed with the company all of which said they would not recommend working of the company. They were also seeking someone to Tuesday-Sunday. (So that means you'll never be compensated for holidays that are observed on Mondays).

Red Flag #3 I asked why have their enrollments decreased year over year and what is their target enrollment numbers for year-end 2017. The response from the director was it is due to the guidelines/restrictions from the department of education. The accurate information is that Kaplan University has been cited for improper recruitment practices and has been riddled with lawsuits. I also have a friend that has been paid out in a class action lawsuit because of this.

Red Flag #4 The interviewers asked about my years of employment, which felt like an age discriminatory question. At this point though, I knew that they were threatened by an individual with so much work experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time personal/professional in which you went above your duties to help someone feel better.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

At least 3 interviews are conducted. The hiring process is so behind at the corporate level it can take months to hire an entry level position. When candidates inquire about statuses it is difficult for management to answer honestly since the decision is held at a corporate level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you qualify for this position?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was recruited and agreed to have an interview with the director and another associate. I was advised it would be an Behavioral type interview and prepared accordingly. I have had many interviews of this type.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed and what you did about it. Tell me about a time when you didn't listen and what happened. Every question was negative! On and on...sorry, but I would rather talk about my achievements and successes in life.   1 Answer

Admissions Interview

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Phone Interview with Corporate HR person which was followed by both a phone interview and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, I was brought in to speak with the regional VPs. Most were pretty basic and simple common interview questions. The interviews were very laid back and conversational at all stages of the process. Very hesitant to answer questions I asked about biggest internal challenges or frustrations.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I was emailed after I submitted my application, and I then spoke with the Dean of Kaplan University Indianapolis via email about an interview. I was called afterwards randomly by phone and asked how much I would like to ask for.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you working with someone who may be angry with you?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant/Spanish Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Broomall, PA).

Interview

The interview process was based in multiple questions regarding the position, future goals and practices to engage and apply tools to motivate the ratio of student motivation and graduation commitment.

Interview Questions

• Where would you see in 1 year your goals as an Medical Assistant Instructor?   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Submit application online. Confirmation email received immediately. I received an HR preliminary interview within one week. After a few days, I received a Chair interview. Position was offered. Have transcripts verified. Attend online training to experience the classroom (3 weeks in length). Begin teaching.

Interview Questions

• What is my teaching philosophy?   1 Answer