Kaplan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Associate Director of Admission Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Very easy as long as you are honest.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest acconplishment on your previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't difficult.

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

At least 3 interviews are conducted. The hiring process is so behind at the corporate level it can take months to hire an entry level position. When candidates inquire about statuses it is difficult for management to answer honestly since the decision is held at a corporate level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you qualify for this position?   1 Answer

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was called within a few days to meet. The interview was brief and informal. The manager was easygoing so she made the interaction comfortable and not stressful. I was hired immediately.

Admission Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Filled out for the position approximately a week ago, and got a call the following week to set up a phone interview, after initial phone interview a request was asked of me to come in to take a timed assessment test. This is as far as I've gotten. I have my assessment today.

Admission Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kaplan University in July 2014.

Interview

I was given a phone interview by a recruiter and ask some behavioral questions, at the end of our 25 minutes interview she offer to set me up for a second interview with a manager. I had the interview and was interviewed by the ADOA and the DOA. They threw behavioral questions requesting to give examples and outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when I plan something that back fired on me, honestly I have never made an work related plans that back fired   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate since they were pay pretty well compared to other colleges

Admissions Interview

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Phone Interview with Corporate HR person which was followed by both a phone interview and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, I was brought in to speak with the regional VPs. Most were pretty basic and simple common interview questions. The interviews were very laid back and conversational at all stages of the process. Very hesitant to answer questions I asked about biggest internal challenges or frustrations.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

3 interviews in total ... general background questinos, behavioral based questions...phone screen interview, interview with recruiter face to face, interview with director of admissions face to face
    wait for follow up calls, shadowing, discuss offer letter, negotiated terms, started, trained

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

First is a phone screen interview via recruiter typically internal, then a face to face with 1 or 2 managers. It was more of a situational interview, very straight forward. Both managers I interviewed with had little eye contact and took notes almost the entire time. Overall it can feel slightly intimidating with the interview style but if you're prepared it's not bad.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario in which you had to overcome an objection and it was successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

After completing my application, I was contacted a week later. After completing 2 phone interviews, i was called for an in person interview. I was hired 2-3 weeks later. The training was about 4 weeks long and benefits were available the first day of training.

Interview Questions

• How do you build a rapport with potential students?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was recruited and agreed to have an interview with the director and another associate. I was advised it would be an Behavioral type interview and prepared accordingly. I have had many interviews of this type.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed and what you did about it. Tell me about a time when you didn't listen and what happened. Every question was negative! On and on...sorry, but I would rather talk about my achievements and successes in life.   1 Answer