Lexmark International Technical Rotation Program, Computer Science Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Technical Rotation Program, Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in November 2011.

Interview

After I submitted my resume through my campus application site, I was contacted by a Lexmark representative for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a few personality questions, as well as some technical problems, consisting both of active problem solving and of my recollection of programming practices and principles. After the phone interview, I was called back the next day to schedule an on-site interview. There were about 20 other people who were interviewing at the same time as I was. The day of the interview started with a brief presentation on the company and its history and was followed by two panel interviews, both consisting of personality and technical questions. The technical problems were not excessively difficult, but they definitely would differentiate candidates who were not competent computer programmers from those who were. The afternoon consisted of a tour of the offices and a presentation by non-management types about the type of work they did and what expectations at the office would be.

Interview Questions

• What does friend mean in C++?   1 Answer

I was able to use the offer to improve the offer I received from a different company that I felt better suited my career aspirations. While I think that Lexmark would be a good fit, I do not find printers and printing solutions to be a particularly interesting topic.