Lincoln Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lincoln Electric Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with HR. Asked about resume and experiences. Then another Phone Screening with an Engineer. After that I was flown out to Cleveland for the Final interview with 5 different Engineers. All of them asked questions from Resume. Very relaxed and professional environment. Also got a tour if the manufacturing plant. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflict with team members?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a prescient phone call who gave me important information about applying online and scheduling an on-campus interview. Scheduled my interview a day later and had a one-on-one 3 days after the phone call.

Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Euclid, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Lincoln Electric is switching from MicroStation to AutoCAD and was looking for someone with experience in AutoCAD Electrical to help them institute new drawing standards and help establish footprint libraries. I have previous experience doing exactly what they are looking for and I was able to get an interview with the help of a recruiter. I first spoke to an electrical supervisor about my knowledge and experience with everything AutoCAD Electrical and he was very impressed with me. I also interviewed with two other employees who are working on instituting AutoCAD and I was a total hit with them as well. All in all, the interview went fantastic, and an hour-and-a-half later the recruiter called me and told me they wanted to hire me. But, I unfortunately have a felony record completely unrelated to the job and which in no way hinders my ability to do the job, and this did not sit well with Lincoln Electric. After yanking my chain for over a week they finally withdrew their offer. This was, of course, expected since, in spite of what recruiter after recruit has told me, people with AutoCAD Electrical experience are not in short supply and/or difficult to come by, because if this were true then companies wouldn't arbitrarily throw away valuable talent. They were, after all, ready to hire me until they found out this one indiscretion. It is a consistent trend in the industrial engineering industry to love a candidate until the background check comes back and then throw them away completely for some moral elitism that assigns a label as their entire identity and completely ignores the actual encounter the company has with the individual and leaves an apparently desperately-needed slot empty. But, after reading many, many, many less-than-stellar reviews here on Glassdoor about how terrible Lincoln Electric is to its employees, such short-sighted decisions should not be a surprise.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience level with AutoCAD Electrical?   1 Answer

Engineering and Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a phone interview, from there I had a face to face interview with the company and then got invited back for the last round of interviews. The last round of questions are just about your resume, be prepared to answer any type of question pertaining to your school work and your experience.

Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ladson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Ladson, SC).

Interview

Not bad. The guy giving the interview was working for the purchasing department and had no idea what he was talking about. Most of the interview was showing me around the facility.

Interview Questions

• If I knew what a plasma cutter was.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They do not negotiate.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

A tour of Cleveland, a dinnner, and then an interview process. The dinner was with other recruits and a few people who were in the technical sales program; it was casual and comfortable. The interview was 6, 30-minute interviews.

Engineering Interview

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview to prescreen the candidates. After this, about 6 to 8 people were selected to interview in person. You were placed in a group with other engineering majors, so not all were applying for the same job. Then a panel of 4 people interviewed, one at a time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Lincoln Electric?

Draw a circuit and tell me what it does?
      1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Met at a career fair and got an interview slot right there and then. Typical behavioral questions and relaxed. The person interviewing me was an engineer and we had good conversations. Overall good experience

Engineering and Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I landed an interview at a huge career fair. They were all dressed casually, and the interview felt almost as casual. They took things seriously, but it was nice to not have everyone be so uptight. It was the typical question type that everyone asks and you get really tired of answering. I never got a follow up email because it was a recruiting deal, and I literally never heard from them again. I didn't have to apply they said, but I think I might have.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing in your educational career that you are most proud of or applies most to this job?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Euclid, OH).

Interview

Got called in for an interview via email. Got the email about 3 days after applying online. The interview turned out to be a mechanical aptitude and math test. These tests were taken on the computer. They gave you like 2 hours. I finished in about 45 minutes. A couple days later I was called back for a one on one interview. I had 2 interviews when I went, one with my future manager and on with HR. About a week later I was called and told that I was going to have to take a tobacco test and a hair drug test. I was a cigarette smoker so they told me they would give me 6 weeks to quit. After 6 weeks I went in and took the tobacco test and hair test. I passed both and got a call 3 days later with a start date.