Lincoln Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

One on one sit down with HR and then answered questions on computer. There was a super long walk through the building. They didnt ask any hard questions just thought processing ones

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

Several one on one interviews and different group interviews with various team members, who asked a mix of behavioral questions, questions about past experience, and about what I was looking for in a job with Lincoln. Overall the interview was fairly pleasant and I felt respected and fairly treated throughout.

Interview Questions

• Are you considering graduate studies?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric in May 2017.

Interview

Had a full day on-site interview with four 30 minute interviews. Some interviewers were definitely easier to talk to than others, but it overall wasn't intimidating. No questions were out of the blue

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Responded to opening online in early June. Did not hear anything until end of July. Met with hiring manager and peer to open position second week of August. Very informal discussion talking about processes and procedures. HR called me two days later to schedule another interview the following week to meet hiring manager's manager and leaders of other internal company groups. Only scheduled 30 minutes with each and never had chance to ask them questions. Once again the conversation was very informal and easy to chat with except for hiring manager's manager who asked me about qualifications that were not even mentioned in the job req. Thus, I thought I was finished as a candidate as that manager said he had to move to another meeting and didn't even recap with me. Then a month later the hiring manager calls me and asks if I'm still looking for a job. Wants me to come in and meet another peer to the role and his manager again. Meeting with peer was great and he told me I would be a great fit. The manager spent his time conjuring up scenarios that were unclear and became unrealistic once I began asking clarifying questions. He told me three times "I'm not trying to trap you." Funny, but I felt like that was what he was trying to do. Once again after about 35 minutes said he had to go. Once again no recap or follow-up. Contacted the this person the following week and withdrew from consideration.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Euclid, OH).

Interview

Got called in for an interview via email. Got the email about 3 days after applying online. The interview turned out to be a mechanical aptitude and math test. These tests were taken on the computer. They gave you like 2 hours. I finished in about 45 minutes. A couple days later I was called back for a one on one interview. I had 2 interviews when I went, one with my future manager and on with HR. About a week later I was called and told that I was going to have to take a tobacco test and a hair drug test. I was a cigarette smoker so they told me they would give me 6 weeks to quit. After 6 weeks I went in and took the tobacco test and hair test. I passed both and got a call 3 days later with a start date.

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Euclid, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Hiring goes quick. Have to call and check the status often for HR has a lot to do and little time to do it.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about money and working hard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase. Little room to negotiate.

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a prescient phone call who gave me important information about applying online and scheduling an on-campus interview. Scheduled my interview a day later and had a one-on-one 3 days after the phone call.

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric.

Interview

I started with a quick 40 minute phone interview. The interview asked basic questions about why I was interested, why I applied, basically a get to know you. After the phone interview I had an in person interview with a local representative. This was very casual but more in depth. I was supposed to have a 3rd interview with the manager of the office I was going to be placed but they offered me the job before the interview.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric.

Interview

First round interview, then online aptitude test, then flew to Cleveland for final round. Had round robin style interviews with senior sales management, really relaxed and conversational. Tour of the city, tour of their headquarters facility, nice dinner and lunch with current Trainees. Seems like everyone has fun and likes what they do. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the other interviewees in your group if there was only one spot   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I got an interview through university campus recruiting, but I was referred by an employee. I was required to attend an information session the day before the interviews which was very informational. The presenter was very friendly and easy to talk to and was the same person that ended up interviewing all the candidates.
    As I understand, the first interview is followed by an online aptitude test. Then, if I make it past the first round, I will be flown out to the headquarters, in Cleveland, Ohio.

As far as the first interview went, the questions were very straightforward and scripted. Questions included, "Are you someone that people look for to complete tasks or decisions."

Interview Questions

• The hardest question that caught me off guard, was when they asked if I was good with conflict resolution and how I deal with conflict.   1 Answer