Lincoln Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lincoln Electric Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.5

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric in December 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of two phone interviews, & an in person interview. I was initially screened by a recruiter, two days later spoke with her manager. Was asked the exact same questions & asked to describe my prior experience.
    Two days later I was scheduled to meet for an in person interview that would consists of meeting with 3 people one after another.
    My first meeting was with the Manager who I'd spoken to on the phone. He asked me the exact same questions, to which I gave the same answers that I had on the phone.
    After about 20 minutes of talking, he announced that it was time to meet with the next person. So the recruiter who I initially met with came & walked me into another room. She then announces that I was supposed to be meeting with another manager, however after briefly talking with the first manager, it was decided that I wasn't selected. Her explanation was that I had all of the "hard skills for the job", however I seemed too "calm and relaxed" & the job is very demanding.
    Altogether it was an enormous waste of time. Any competent manager & recruiter knows how to screen properly over the phone. I don't understand why I was even called for an in person interview in the first place. It's almost as if I was used as some kind on experiment, as the recruiter told me she had only started 2 weeks ago.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Responded to opening online in early June. Did not hear anything until end of July. Met with hiring manager and peer to open position second week of August. Very informal discussion talking about processes and procedures. HR called me two days later to schedule another interview the following week to meet hiring manager's manager and leaders of other internal company groups. Only scheduled 30 minutes with each and never had chance to ask them questions. Once again the conversation was very informal and easy to chat with except for hiring manager's manager who asked me about qualifications that were not even mentioned in the job req. Thus, I thought I was finished as a candidate as that manager said he had to move to another meeting and didn't even recap with me. Then a month later the hiring manager calls me and asks if I'm still looking for a job. Wants me to come in and meet another peer to the role and his manager again. Meeting with peer was great and he told me I would be a great fit. The manager spent his time conjuring up scenarios that were unclear and became unrealistic once I began asking clarifying questions. He told me three times "I'm not trying to trap you." Funny, but I felt like that was what he was trying to do. Once again after about 35 minutes said he had to go. Once again no recap or follow-up. Contacted the this person the following week and withdrew from consideration.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with HR. Asked about resume and experiences. Then another Phone Screening with an Engineer. After that I was flown out to Cleveland for the Final interview with 5 different Engineers. All of them asked questions from Resume. Very relaxed and professional environment. Also got a tour if the manufacturing plant. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflict with team members?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric in May 2017.

Interview

Had a full day on-site interview with four 30 minute interviews. Some interviewers were definitely easier to talk to than others, but it overall wasn't intimidating. No questions were out of the blue

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a prescient phone call who gave me important information about applying online and scheduling an on-campus interview. Scheduled my interview a day later and had a one-on-one 3 days after the phone call.

Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Euclid, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Lincoln Electric is switching from MicroStation to AutoCAD and was looking for someone with experience in AutoCAD Electrical to help them institute new drawing standards and help establish footprint libraries. I have previous experience doing exactly what they are looking for and I was able to get an interview with the help of a recruiter. I first spoke to an electrical supervisor about my knowledge and experience with everything AutoCAD Electrical and he was very impressed with me. I also interviewed with two other employees who are working on instituting AutoCAD and I was a total hit with them as well. All in all, the interview went fantastic, and an hour-and-a-half later the recruiter called me and told me they wanted to hire me. But, I unfortunately have a felony record completely unrelated to the job and which in no way hinders my ability to do the job, and this did not sit well with Lincoln Electric. After yanking my chain for over a week they finally withdrew their offer. This was, of course, expected since, in spite of what recruiter after recruit has told me, people with AutoCAD Electrical experience are not in short supply and/or difficult to come by, because if this were true then companies wouldn't arbitrarily throw away valuable talent. They were, after all, ready to hire me until they found out this one indiscretion. It is a consistent trend in the industrial engineering industry to love a candidate until the background check comes back and then throw them away completely for some moral elitism that assigns a label as their entire identity and completely ignores the actual encounter the company has with the individual and leaves an apparently desperately-needed slot empty. But, after reading many, many, many less-than-stellar reviews here on Glassdoor about how terrible Lincoln Electric is to its employees, such short-sighted decisions should not be a surprise.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience level with AutoCAD Electrical?   1 Answer

Engineering and Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a phone interview, from there I had a face to face interview with the company and then got invited back for the last round of interviews. The last round of questions are just about your resume, be prepared to answer any type of question pertaining to your school work and your experience.

Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ladson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Ladson, SC).

Interview

Not bad. The guy giving the interview was working for the purchasing department and had no idea what he was talking about. Most of the interview was showing me around the facility.

Interview Questions

• If I knew what a plasma cutter was.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They do not negotiate.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

A tour of Cleveland, a dinnner, and then an interview process. The dinner was with other recruits and a few people who were in the technical sales program; it was casual and comfortable. The interview was 6, 30-minute interviews.

Engineering Interview

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview to prescreen the candidates. After this, about 6 to 8 people were selected to interview in person. You were placed in a group with other engineering majors, so not all were applying for the same job. Then a panel of 4 people interviewed, one at a time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Lincoln Electric?

Draw a circuit and tell me what it does?   1 Answer