LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LinkedIn

1,711 Interview Reviews

Communications Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick phone screen with recruiter, video conference with hiring manager. No communication at all with the either the recruiter or manager, despite emailing both of them afterward. Not a good look for a company that is focused on helping people get jobs.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where would this position fit in your career plan?   4 Answers

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

A very long interview with lots of questions and difficult questions that put you very nervous. Although, you could use the questions to build trust and a good conversation. You must be well prepared and know well yourself.

Associate Interview

Interview

Decent interview process but it takes awhile for the recruiters to get back to you. I waited 3 weeks until HR told me i didn't get the job. They seem to "string" you along and no feedback was given. I felt disappointed in the end and I wish they could of told me a straight up that I didn't get the position.

The process was mostly 2 phone interviews and 2 on-site interviews; mostly asked me about my experiences and behavioral questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I understand if they weren't allowed to give feedback, but for a company the prides itself as the forefront of hiringrecruiiting, they could of been more helpful and gave something more substantial.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

First a call from HR, then two phone interviews with a team member and the hiring manager, the whole interview process went well, people are very nice and professional

Interview Questions

• describe a project you worked on, probability questions on flipping coins and shuffling pokers,
      how to analyze marketing campaign   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2014.

Interview

1) Phone screen with the Recruiter, asking mostly general questions about my past experience
    2) Onsite interview with 4-6 people. Asked a variety of questions, mostly behavioral.

The interview process is long... and there are no breaks! 30 minutes per person back-to-back. Even through lunch. They do provide goody bags with snacks which is cool, but definitely eat a bigger breakfast before!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in which you had multiple projects to juggle at the same time, and how you dealt with that situation.   1 Answer

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2015.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter saying he reviewed my profile and is interested in having a quick discussion regarding my past experience. I had a call from him and we discussed about the role as well as my previous experience. He scheduled 2 telephonic interviews in the next week. Telephonic interviews were with Web Development Managers and each had a question which is to be solved on collabedit. I was not selected for further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Design markup for a search related module on linkedin. Interviewer gave me a link of a wireframe and asked me to write markup for it. After the markup he asked me to validate the it using javascript.   1 Answer
    • Design markup for implementing navigation bar. Navigation bar also has sub menus.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Provo, UT).

Interview

I was contacted shortly (maybe a week) after applying on their website. First, a recruiter was assigned to me and would be my direct contact to work with for the entire process. She arranged a time to call me and interview me mostly to tell me how the interview process would go, to determine if I was a good cultural fit, and to get to know me in general. She too her results back to her recruiting manager. Second, she arranged a first round interview with me and gave me their LinkedIn profile so I knew them a bit ahead of time and could gear my questions around that knowledge. It was probably a 45 minute interview (they were very respectful of the time allotted) where I was asked basic HTML, CSS, and Javascript questions. Next, my recruiter arranged a 95 minute time frame for two 45 minute interviews with a break between. These interviews were tougher with more technical, down and dirty questions including live coding through collabedit. I felt comfortable through the entire process and enjoyed having a personal recruiter to report to/talk with.

Interview Questions

• They asked a specific javascript function be coded in several different ways or algorithms.   1 Answer

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in October 2013.

Interview

Applied in October end almost 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1st phone screen -easy
      2nd techincal phone screen- easy
          Qs. Box model
         Qs ul and li loop optimization
        A. add event listener on ul and optimize it or use data attributes html5

3rd coding
      Qs. list of names are displayed using ul and li tag. onhover popup
      As. I could complete this exercise. Used Ajax call on how info will be displayed
       Used css absolute positioning for popup position
      use html5 data-attribute (that is what interviewer wanted).

Qs. mockup of HTML5 and CSS display infor oncl1cking the tab
      As. I did javascript but screwed in CSS.
       Don't forget to to do gradient effect and ul and li css

Interview was quite easy. don't neglect CSS3   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews including a first screening by a recruiter, then 2 rounds of technical interviews and a last "batch day" onsite round.

The screening round was done by a recruiter who asked generally about skills and general understanding of the business of the company. The recruiter was friendly and knowledgable and told me on the spot that she was going to put me through.

The 2nd round was a conceptual technical interview, asking about how you would solve certain HTML/CSS problems. The 3rd round was a technical interview done online through a code sharing platform. I was asked to write some HTML, CSS and javascript. Nothing too complicated. Both these two rounds were done by actual web developers--they were a little awkward, apologetic even but generally friendly and helpful in the process.

The last round was an onsite round where they flew me out to their main campus in Mountain View. There were 4 interviews in total, 3 of which were technical and one was with a director to get my general understanding of the company. The other three interviewers were positive and helped me along the interview if I ran into problems. Just talking with them gave me great insight into the culture and the passion that the developers had for working at LinkedIn.

Overall a great process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, though one of the technical interviews asked me about javascript scoping and loop optimization. The questions were worded a little vaguely so that threw me off a little, but once I knew what they were asking for answering them wasn't too difficult.   2 Answers

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

LinkedIn Recruiter got in touch with me via LinkedIn. Initial phone interview for culture fit, second was phone interview with discussion about my technical background, third was a technical/coding phone interview. Haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• Had me implement things in Javascript, HTML, and CSS   1 Answer