LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017
1,303 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I scheduled an online interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was very helpful and helped prepare for the interview. The interview itself was done over the phone together with a shared coding environment.

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied through employee referral and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview with a hiring manager within two days. After the phone interview I was invited onsite. The onsite interview was about 2 hours. I then had one follow up phone interview three days later. A week and a half later I was offered the position.

BLP Interview

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out. From there we set up a phone interview, it was a short 30 min call. It was very brief but I was not able to move forward with the application process.

UI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn in November 2017.

Interview

I received a phone screening from a recruiter. The recruiter was very friendly and I enjoyed talking to them. They did a great job in scheduling phone interviews and making the interview process flow smoothly. The phone screening was about 30 minutes where they would ask you about yourself and what your skillsets are, preferences, etc..

I had a one hour technical phone interview a week later with 4 parts: 1) Talk about yourself 2) A generic technical question 3) A technical question 4) Online Coding Question

I didn't advance to the next round. (I believe my coding experience wasn't up to par yet to what they were asking and I also didn't prepare well enough)

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite website?   Answer Question
    • Explain the process of bubbling in the DOM.   1 Answer
    • Given an array of members, use Javascript to insert links for each of the members into a content div.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in November 2017.

Interview

A LinkedIn recruiter contacted me for the position and did a 20-25 minutes long phone screening. Then the recruiter setup a technical phone interview with a machine learning engineer from LinkedIn's Sunnyvale office.

The technical interview was quite challenging. The interviewer started with a self-introduction and continued with "tell me about yourself" type of questions. Next, I had 20 minutes coding problem regarding an algorithm development. Last, I got questions regarding explaining inner workings of a machine learning algorithm and case based questions regarding that algorithm (e.g., assume you have low accuracy in testing set ...).

While tried helping me in the process, I found the interviewer a bit disrespectful. A lot of times, my responses were interrupted. The recruiter, on the other hand, was really kind and positive. In the end, I didn't proceed with the next step.

Interview Questions

• The coding question was about random number generators.   Answer Question
    • Case-based questions. What would you do if your algorithm performs poorly for x.   Answer Question

Entry Level Swe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Application
    I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.
    Interview
    I scheduled an online interview with a recruiter. The interview itself was done over the phone together with a shared coding environment.

SMB Account Executive, Talent Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY).

Interview

After my initial call with the recruiter, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview the very next day. The recruiter made a point to tell me that they were looking to fill this position quickly and rather than have me go through the typical interview process, as the other candidates had, I would be escalated to final rounds. My interview spanned from 5:30-8:30pm, two hours over our scheduled time. I figured this was a good sign and the hiring manager made a point to tell me I did very well and should expect to hear back within the next day or so. To my surprise, I didn't get the position. When I asked for feedback, they told me they decided to go with another candidate who did a better job on their role play. It was at that time that the recruiter said given my background and skill set, I'd be more suitable for a more advanced role within the company. Fast forward 6 months and low and behold, that very same recruiter was now in charge of the Mid-Market position. I reached out to him directly and attached a copy of my revamped resume. No response from him however, I did receive a notification from LinkedIn saying they would not be moving forward with my resume - interesting.

Interview Questions

• Some irrelevant roleplay that had nothing to do with selling their product   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY).

Interview

I’ve had 2 attempts from 2 different recruiters and for 2 different teams. First one just fell through after on-site, with 0 feedback. Second recruiter didn’t even know I’ve already went to the last round once, but still helped to get a new chance. What she didn’t help me with is preparation, which I think recruiters should support their candidates with. She basically said to prepare a ‘consultative presentation of a solution’ to the group on-site. Since it was going to be only 20 minutes, it was explained as a presentation, not selling pitch. That made sense- because 1) the position is not for a cold caller and 2) if any professional salesperson was to create a pitch it would be thorough an effective dialogue and that’s just not gonna happen within 20 minutes, unless you’re selling coffee.
    When I got on-site for the 2nd interview, there was 1 interviewer, the 2nd guy was on webcam. They went through exact same generic questions like last time, so I immediately felt like just another cog in a system. Then they asked me to present. So I did- my imaginary ‘solution presentation’ was supposed to look like a final meeting and an actual presentation. UNfortunately, the feedback I got right after I was done was that I didn’t upsell them by not asking bottom-line questions and budget. They said they’re looking for “challengers”.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Had a call with a recruiter, who wanted to gauge what my interests were. Booked an interview for the next week where an engineer shares a coding environment and watches you type code into an editor.

Interview Questions

• Create a list of all permutations of a list of numbers.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

onsite interview, I think the coding is not hard, just the design part, the interviewer may not that professional. the other part feels good, just do not know why coding feedback is not good, the interviewer didn't point out anything.

Interview Questions

• design the blacklist. and implement hashmap   1 Answer