LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Communications Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick phone screen with recruiter, video conference with hiring manager. No communication at all with the either the recruiter or manager, despite emailing both of them afterward. Not a good look for a company that is focused on helping people get jobs.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Met a number of people on the team and they seemed terrific. Phone and in person. They wanted to understand what I'd done in the past and how I would approach the project.

Associate Interview

Interview

Decent interview process but it takes awhile for the recruiters to get back to you. I waited 3 weeks until HR told me i didn't get the job. They seem to "string" you along and no feedback was given. I felt disappointed in the end and I wish they could of told me a straight up that I didn't get the position.

The process was mostly 2 phone interviews and 2 on-site interviews; mostly asked me about my experiences and behavioral questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I understand if they weren't allowed to give feedback, but for a company the prides itself as the forefront of hiringrecruiiting, they could of been more helpful and gave something more substantial.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

First a call from HR, then two phone interviews with a team member and the hiring manager, the whole interview process went well, people are very nice and professional

Interview Questions

• describe a project you worked on, probability questions on flipping coins and shuffling pokers,
      how to analyze marketing campaign   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2014.

Interview

1) Phone screen with the Recruiter, asking mostly general questions about my past experience
    2) Onsite interview with 4-6 people. Asked a variety of questions, mostly behavioral.

The interview process is long... and there are no breaks! 30 minutes per person back-to-back. Even through lunch. They do provide goody bags with snacks which is cool, but definitely eat a bigger breakfast before!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in which you had multiple projects to juggle at the same time, and how you dealt with that situation.   Answer Question

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2015.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter saying he reviewed my profile and is interested in having a quick discussion regarding my past experience. I had a call from him and we discussed about the role as well as my previous experience. He scheduled 2 telephonic interviews in the next week. Telephonic interviews were with Web Development Managers and each had a question which is to be solved on collabedit. I was not selected for further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Design markup for a search related module on linkedin. Interviewer gave me a link of a wireframe and asked me to write markup for it. After the markup he asked me to validate the it using javascript.   Answer Question
    • Design markup for implementing navigation bar. Navigation bar also has sub menus.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I was recruited via Linkedin. First, had a call with a recruiter. Then, a technical interview with a web dev on the phone where you talk shop and they ask basic quiz-like questions (box model, accessibility, semantics, JS quirks, etc). Then two 45-minute phone interviews with code tests on CollabEdit. One was pure JS based (problem solving, not CS/algorithm stuff though. Recursion was necessary.), and then an HTML/CSS one where you get a picture of a module/component and you code what you see. Then an onsite interview which consisted of 4 whiteboard interviews which were mostly hybrid HTML/CSS/JS interviews, and a lunch interview with a director of web development. Nice to have an interview process where someone who knows front end development will succeed, over another stereotypical algorithms whiteboard thing where anyone besides a recent CS grad who studied Gayle's book would be disadvantaged.

Interview Questions

• Flatten an array of arrays
      Write an implementation of jQuery's addClass() in vanilla JS (with a few added requirements)   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Provo, UT).

Interview

I was contacted shortly (maybe a week) after applying on their website. First, a recruiter was assigned to me and would be my direct contact to work with for the entire process. She arranged a time to call me and interview me mostly to tell me how the interview process would go, to determine if I was a good cultural fit, and to get to know me in general. She too her results back to her recruiting manager. Second, she arranged a first round interview with me and gave me their LinkedIn profile so I knew them a bit ahead of time and could gear my questions around that knowledge. It was probably a 45 minute interview (they were very respectful of the time allotted) where I was asked basic HTML, CSS, and Javascript questions. Next, my recruiter arranged a 95 minute time frame for two 45 minute interviews with a break between. These interviews were tougher with more technical, down and dirty questions including live coding through collabedit. I felt comfortable through the entire process and enjoyed having a personal recruiter to report to/talk with.

Interview Questions

• They asked a specific javascript function be coded in several different ways or algorithms.   Answer Question

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in October 2013.

Interview

Applied in October end almost 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1st phone screen -easy
      2nd techincal phone screen- easy
          Qs. Box model
         Qs ul and li loop optimization
        A. add event listener on ul and optimize it or use data attributes html5

3rd coding
      Qs. list of names are displayed using ul and li tag. onhover popup
      As. I could complete this exercise. Used Ajax call on how info will be displayed
       Used css absolute positioning for popup position
      use html5 data-attribute (that is what interviewer wanted).

Qs. mockup of HTML5 and CSS display infor oncl1cking the tab
      As. I did javascript but screwed in CSS.
       Don't forget to to do gradient effect and ul and li css

Interview was quite easy. don't neglect CSS3   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 phone interviews and an on-site interview. The first interview was comprised of basic HTML, CSS, and Javascript questions as well as just getting to know me (this was done by the recruiter).

The next two phone interviews were technical. The first had no coding involved but was more of getting an understanding of my thought process of certain things as well as asking more in-depth technical questions. The second one involved 2 coding questions that asked me to recreate a module with HTML and CSS then perform a certain action on it using Javascript.

The onsite interview was essentially like the third phone interview as it involved 4 technical interviews and 1 just getting an understanding of how much I knew the company and why I wanted to work for Linkedin.

Overall it was a great process and I learned so much about coding and the culture throughout the entirety of it.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gave me basic HTML and CSS that created tabs and content and then told me I had to code in Javascript to make the right content show when the corresponding tab was clicked (when one tab is selected, the content of the other tabs are hidden).   1 Answer