LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,221 Interview Reviews

3.1

Localization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Agency contacted me, then we set a language test. I passed the test. Then I had an Skype interview with hiring manager from LinkedIn. One minute into the interview she stopped sharing video with me. I noticed she lost interest. Then she sent me another test. The next day the recruiter called me to confirm my "date of birth". Never heard from them again. A typical case of ageism. I contacted them and they told me I passed the tests but they had someone better for the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

There were two questions asked. Solved both on time but the feedback was "asked many questions to understand second problem". Not sure if thats fair especially for a phone screen where we understand the problem before coding the solution.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in July 2017.

Interview

Applied a few years back but didn't get in back then. Reached out to the same recruiter this time around and got the interview process rolling. All the recruiter I've interacted with at LinkedIn has definitely been a lot more friendlier and just overall great to work with compared to the other big companies and most smaller companies. Interview process did take a long time tho (about 1.5months). All the interviewers were pretty good in terms of personal skills imo. Just studied a lot of data structures, algorithms, system design (for onsite) and was good.

Process:
    -chat with recruiter
    -phone tech interview
    -chat with recruiter
    -onsite
    -chat with a team manager

Interview Questions

• signed nda. Just study data structures, alg, system design and you'll be good. did almost all the problems listed for LinkedIn in Glassdoor as well as a bunch of hackerrank problems   Answer Question

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming, easy going, casual. I first had 2 phone interviews in the course of 2 weeks, then I was asked to come in of the on-site interview. That consisted of one Video Conference interview and 2 in person interviews. 3 interviews back to back to back, each 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for LinkedIn? What has been your greatest accomplishment (personal or professional)? What has been your biggest challenge (personal or professional)? Why do you like recruiting?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. The first phone interview had 2 questions to solve. The second phone interview had one question but did add extensions to the problem later on. I did well and was invited onsite. Onsite was a typical 6hr interview with 1hr/round. 2 coding rounds, 1 design round , 1 round with host manager, 1 technical communication round and 1 lunch. Solve atleast 2 coding questions per coding round. Be fast and make sure the code is right to the most granular level. All the questions were from Leetcode medium level. Solve them as many as possible. I had a hiccup in one coding round and ran out of time to put the complete code for the second question and that was a good enough reason not to offer.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

A few phone screens, then a full-day onsite interview. Overall I felt the on-site interview process was excessively structured, perhaps that contributed to a poor culture fit.

One of the interview sections was described by the coordinator before the interview process as "contrived" and had a trick answer; they then cited my not getting that trick answer as a justification for not hiring me. I would have preferred they simply said they preferred a different candidate; it was clear ahead of time they would be interviewing multiple qualified candidates for one open position.

Marketing Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Two phone interviews and mainly personality and logic questions regarding teamwork, not the standard how many tennis balls to fill a room. We hit a wall when they began to ask about my Academic record though the experience was up to Par.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is most important when working on a team?   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Omaha, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call a week later. The lady who interviewed me said I had a very impressive resume, and went over the job with me. I have managed teams before and have a very successful track record. She explained I would be working with another female manager if I got the job and asked if I was ok with that, I kinda thought it was an odd question. I received an email later saying they went with other candidates. An internal friend told me they hired a female, because the other manager did not like working with men. I applied again for another position weeks later, and now the same recruiter wont even interview me again. This is a very sexist company, and if you are not a personal friend with a recruiter you will not get in. Upper Management should start evaluating their recruiters, since they are loosing great talent due to friendships.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working side by side with a female?   1 Answer

Senior IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Passed phone screen and went onsite. Met with engineers and managers during the process. Interview questions were normal, the biggest issue was they assigned an engineer who seems to speak very little English (*cough* h1b *cough*). It took me a long time trying to figure out what he was asking, and by then I didn't have enough time to finish my response. That was the most frustrating part of the process, knowing you can solve the problem but are unable to due to bad communications from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Verbatim from the non-English engineer: "OS reads 4KB of data, the file can be 1KB but OS stores in 4K. It has this function: int read4K(buffer). Can you write function int read(buffer, int) that uses read4K(buffer) so apps can call it?"   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn in June 2017.

Interview

This has to be one of the worst interviewing experiences I've ever had and the fact that I was a referral makes it even worse. After I was referred by a colleague, a recruiter reached out to me to talk more about my experience and such. Once on the call, we go into things, she is polite about everything at the end of the call, she says next steps will be for you to have a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team, but then she tells that there are two positions she would like to consider me for - one the recruiter position which I was referred for and a recruiting coordinator job. I told her I wasn't interested in the coordinator position as I am currently a full-cycle recruiter. So she ends the call by saying, okay well then we can keep your resume on file if something matches your background I will reach out.

If they didn't think I was a fit for the recruiter position, they should have just been transparent about that instead of wasting my time. If you don't meet every minute detail in LinkedIn's job description don't even bother applying.