LinkedIn Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3

1,869 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance for the job (in 181 reviews)

• Best culture and values in the world (in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • Lean teams make for a bit of a work/life balance challenge (in 63 reviews)

• much bureaucracy, a lot of mediocre middle management (in 49 reviews)

"A career game changer"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing environment for learning and professional growth. For me, its been a major career transformation and it's something they definitely value as an organization. Also, people are great and the perks are awesome.

Cons

While LinkedIn remains independent, the Microsoft acquisition still makes things uncertain for the future and who knows if they will have more influence

Advice to Management

Improve communication across business lines

"Generation X and Boomers need not apply"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LinkedIn (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent product, world-class benefits, above average pay, relaxed dress code, growth opportunities, and friendly atmosphere. I love the management philosophy of Leadership, Leverage, Results. Early on in every position, the employee is asked "what is your next play." The company is always looking to determine your next role and opportunity.

Cons

LinkedIn hires on pedigree and age. Most managers are under 30, directors are under 40, and anyone over 40 is a rarity. Important positions will be staffed based on the university the employee graduated from, rather than work experience. Sales process is being created by recent Ivy League grads who have never sold. Some sales and service director positions have been filled with individuals who are extremely smart but have limited to no experience selling and retaining. The attitude is if you are smart, you can lead any team no matter if you have zero experience doing your staff's actual trade.

The millennial focus is highlighted in many aspects of the culture. At the 2016 global sales organization meeting, messaging was all about "you are the best-of-the-best" and that LinkedIn would not be successful without the individual job you do. Top performers were highlighted in front of thousands of employees. As the employee came to the stage to receive their well deserved award, videos of colleagues commending them were shown. Interspersed among work-centric kudos, the awardee's parents were shown in the videos congratulating their child and stating how proud they were of them. For a non-millennial, it was weird to see their parents congratulating their kid in a work setting. But this is also a company who holds Bring Your Parents to Work Day.

Advice to Management

LinkedIn has worked hard and succeeded at creating a diverse company in regards to race, women in tech, gender in leadership, veterans, and sexual orientation. But there is value in having a part of the workforce over 40 years old. There are meetings you will be in and realize there are no "adults" in the room, and discussion is held at a theoretical hight using the meeting to talk about what we will talk about in the next meeting.

3. "I never knew I could love my job so much"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One year into my career at LinkedIn, I am still in love with my job. LinkedIn has a strong company culture that encourages collaboration, intelligent risks, and fun. I look forward to spending time with my coworkers, and I find myself laughing throughout the day, even when I'm working hard to hit high sales quotas. I feel like my manager has my back and supports my career growth. I cannot recommend LinkedIn enough!

Cons

It's a big company, so you have to invest in networking internally if you want to advance your career.

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits
    Generous compensation
    Talented colleagues
    Good work/life balance

Cons

You'll probably gain weight from all of the free food.
    Sometimes you may feel like a tiny cog in the vast machine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly love waking up and coming to work every day. It is a great work place, space and environment. The people here make it worth it!

Cons

There is nothing at this time I'd call a con as I could still work by the beach if needed.

Advice to Management

Keep being you!

"Best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Pay is market, and there's tons of room for raises and advancement. Opportunities to try something outside of your wheelhouse. Fantastic culture of working hard, playing hard, and supporting each other as a team.

Cons

Hours can be long sometimes, and management gets shuffled around a lot.

Advice to Management

Continuity is important. Sometimes priorities change so quickly, there's not really time to execute and evaluate.

7. "The best place I've ever worked - hands down."

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Deeply satisfying work with the Talent Solutions team
    -Lots of workplace flexibility (ergonomic assessments to ensure you're physically comfortable, ability to work from home or virtually without judgment)
    -Incredibly welcoming and open culture: people feel free to be their authentic selves ALL the time.
    -Pillars of wellness are introduced in orientation and upheld across the org: meditation rooms and discounts on headspace meditation app, water stations everywhere, great food made by gifted chefs, etc.
    -Amazing benefits from perk up ($2k a year for gym memberships, classes, or massages) to health care and parental benefits

Cons

-Too many systems means horrible inconsistency when trying to share information
    -IT is not always helpful: a google search is sometimes more effective

Advice to Management

Please tell our CTO and the internal IT leadership that we need a serious IT overhaul - pick core systems and go with a "less is more" attitude. Too many systems means we keep information in too many places, making accurate info really hard to identify.

8. "A blueprint for how companies should be built and operated"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company values and adherence to them (be open, honest & constructive).
    Transparency is not just a word, it's shown in actions by the executive team.
    The outstanding leadership team and commitment to developing leaders within the company.
    The ability to make a difference, for the world, and at the company. Great ideas are listened to, and you're given the runway to execute quickly.
    Taking risks is okay, learning from mistakes is welcomed -- all with good judgement.
    The caliber of employees is incredible, which is an enabler ("a rising tide") that lifts the overall performance of other employees and the company.
    The perks and offices / workspaces are top notch.
    A harmony between work and life balance exists and is respected.

Cons

Growing pains with moving quickly, but this is the cost of working in technology.
    More diversity would be welcomed and they're actively working to make this happen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

9. "Love that Linkedin Life"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People, Culture, Work, Constant Learning and stretching through projects and opportunities to impact the business

Cons

NONE. It's amazing to be here

10. "Account Executive"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AMAZING culture, free full-service cafeteria with 5-star food, free healthcare and stipends to use toward gym memberships, massages, child/pet care, etc... anything you would ever need- LinkedIn has it! They care SO MUCH about their employees and not only spoil us at work, but outside of work too at company events and recognitions. The job itself is also enjoyable- LinkedIn is a very respectable company who helps provide huge ROI to its clients. I feel very passionate about LinkedIn's products, which makes the role itself very rewarding.

Cons

The only con you might have is that all your friends will be jealous you work for the best company ever. :)

Advice to Management

We appreciate how much you do for us- thank you.

Showing 1,869 of 2,017 reviews