LinkedIn Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4

1,991 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lean teams make for a bit of a work/life balance challenge (in 65 reviews)

• Middle management not always very competent and causes people to leave - and as many knows people leave a manager not a company (in 52 reviews)

"LinkedIn = Vision based company"

Current Employee - Business Leadership Program in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Leadership Program in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for a company whose vision aligns with my personal beliefs. We are motivated by our belief that we are changing the world for the better.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of downsides to working at LinkedIn. We might not pay as well as other places, but the vision oriented company is right up my ally.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love the growth, vision, and focus of what we are doing and I hope to see the culture preserved/

"Generation X and Boomers need not apply"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LinkedIn (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent product, world-class benefits, above average pay, relaxed dress code, growth opportunities, and friendly atmosphere. I love the management philosophy of Leadership, Leverage, Results. Early on in every position, the employee is asked "what is your next play." The company is always looking to determine your next role and opportunity.

Cons

LinkedIn hires on pedigree and age. Most managers are under 30, directors are under 40, and anyone over 40 is a rarity. Important positions will be staffed based on the university the employee graduated from, rather than work experience. Sales process is being created by recent Ivy League grads who have never sold. Some sales and service director positions have been filled with individuals who are extremely smart but have limited to no experience selling and retaining. The attitude is if you are smart, you can lead any team no matter if you have zero experience doing your staff's actual trade.

The millennial focus is highlighted in many aspects of the culture. At the 2016 global sales organization meeting, messaging was all about "you are the best-of-the-best" and that LinkedIn would not be successful without the individual job you do. Top performers were highlighted in front of thousands of employees. As the employee came to the stage to receive their well deserved award, videos of colleagues commending them were shown. Interspersed among work-centric kudos, the awardee's parents were shown in the videos congratulating their child and stating how proud they were of them. For a non-millennial, it was weird to see their parents congratulating their kid in a work setting. But this is also a company who holds Bring Your Parents to Work Day.

Advice to Management

LinkedIn has worked hard and succeeded at creating a diverse company in regards to race, women in tech, gender in leadership, veterans, and sexual orientation. But there is value in having a part of the workforce over 40 years old. There are meetings you will be in and realize there are no "adults" in the room, and discussion is held at a theoretical hight using the meeting to talk about what we will talk about in the next meeting.

"LIke working at an adult daycare center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, free food, access to new technology. Carpinteria is a beautiful place.

Cons

Culture is like being INside a Twilight Zone episode where you participate in a Tony Robbins seminar that never ends. Mostly it feels like an adult daycare center that Ned Flanders would visit. There's a glazed look in everyone's eye like the eloi in H. G. Wells's The Time Machine.

Advice to Management

Every event doesn't have to have a theme. Chats with managers that border on psychiatric evaluation are not viable a management strategy.

"Great pay, super boring job, incompetent marketing leadership"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, good benefits, free food, unlimited time off, good work hours, talented employees are some of the biggest pros at Linked. Other pros include a good CEO & SVP level leaders, a compelling vision, strong culture and values, and monthly InDays.

Cons

LSMS marketing "leadership" has had 0 impact on the business and consistently exhibits poor judgement, unfounded arrogance and gross incompetence. Other cons include persistent micromanagement, uninspiring and boring work, a lack of innovation, overly entitled employees, LSS should be renamed LinkedIn Spamming Solutions

Advice to Management

How long is it going to take for executive management to make changes to the LSMS marketing leadership to prevent top talent from continuing to leave for more exciting opportunities? Let's be realistic, here. The only reason people are staying is to collect their paycheck, bonus, and stock with MSFT zooming to $90+/share due to their cloud business. It's certainly not because they enjoy working for disrespectful, arrogant, and incompetent "leaders" who always take all the credit and consistently fail to support and appreciate their teams. I'm leaving right after I collect my bonus in March, and I know lots of other people are looking/plan to leave too. Radical change in LSMS management is needed if LinkedIn wants to plug the dam and prevent the exodus of talent in 2018.

"Different Perception"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LinkedIn knows what they are doing when it comes to benefits. I have worked at other tech companies and I can say that this company spoils their employees with some really great perks and there are a few things I like about working here such as:

-Amazing health insurance for my family
    -PerkUp credit to be used annually on a number of pre-approved items (gym membership, massages, child care, home cleaning)
    -Free breakfast/lunch/snacks
    -Opportunities to travel (if that's your thing)
    -Women in management positions
    -Working for a well respected brand
    -Discretionary time off
    -Awesome maternity/paternity leave policy
    -Pay is above average

Cons

The downside of working at LinkedIn is that I quite literally have to sacrifice my work/life balance and sanity for the perks mentioned above.

-Onboarding did not prepare me at all to work at LinkedIn or my role
    -Very little training for new hires. You are thrown in and expected to just figure it out.
    -Poor communication across teams in multiple offices
    -Long hours (although they will blame it on your lack of time management)
    -My particular team is incredibly difficult as a working parent
    -DTO is nice but missing days does nothing but hurt you
    -Even when I am not working, I'm constantly stressed about work
    -Everyone made a big deal about InDays when I started as a day that you can take off and focus on the theme of the month but my team does not participate.
    -My role is more of a sales position than a customer success position
    -Doesn't feel like there are many opportunities in the Chicago office to grow

The culture on my team is very different than what I have heard at large at LinkedIn, which is unfortunate, as I feel like I have a very different perception of the company. From my first week of training, I felt that coming here was a mistake because I was forgotten about and not prepared to do my job.

I left a very enjoyable job that did not pay as well to come to LinkedIn and it feels like I have given up my peace of mind for more money. Not a great feeling.

Advice to Management

-Make sure your employees feel prepared before putting them on the phone with clients
    -Watching videos does not equal training
    -Be clear during the interview process what the role is and what it entails (how you will be measuring performance, how much travel is involved, if the role has work/life balance, etc)

6. "Sales Operations Manager"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

Strong culture, work life balance

Cons

Company is on the large size, upward mobility is more limited

"Such a disappointment"

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are amazing—food, on-site perks, financial, all tremendous. Great pride in the generosity of the company, lots of Giving and a focus on making the world a better place.

Cons

So much inauthenticity wrapped in a thin veil of nice. Everyone is Nice. And that’s it for most of the people. Decisions are made and unmade repeatedly, people promoted despite a dodgy track record, and sales performance comes first—no matter how toxic a seller might be. If they’re hitting their numbers, they can treat everyone around them like dirt, and they will be protected. HR is borderline incompetent yet incredibly arrogant. I’ve been her 2 years plus and have known for a long time that I do not belong here.

Everything is in the moment. No reflection and no planning.

Advice to Management

I can’t even...

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best CEO and board in the world, great organization culture, awesome perks, salaries above average, opportunities to develop your career, successful business and good principles of corporate social responsibility.

Cons

Support departments are no different from other orgs. If you work in those areas it's all about popularity, with blurry lines for recognition & rewards. It's also hard to transition to different business lines due to internal stigma. The only issue with the org culture is the endemic unconscious bias that is detrimental to talent.

Advice to Management

Don't be receptive to good news only. Sometimes things go wrong and someone needs make the call without being perceived as negative. Pay attention to the silent heroes: Those who bring forward ideas and work hard to make them happen with no ambition for visibility. They usually end up not being recognized because others show up to take the credit.

"Hands down one of the very best large companies to work for."

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Omaha, NE

Pros

Tons of incredible perks, benefits, time off, autonomy. They are far ahead of the curve when it comes to diversity and inclusion. From the minute you start you'll feel comfortable and valued already. Management genuinely cares about your development and personal goals.

Cons

Tons of meetings, which are very fun but can distract from personal work. Some feel that it's hard to move up very quickly, but that is very situational and depends on many factors.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the transparency and empowering employees to thrive.

10. "intern"

Pros

very supportive coworkers and inspiring space

Cons

found it hard to get work done bc so fun

Showing 1,991 of 2,165 reviews