LivingSocial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LivingSocial Interview Questions

2.9

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Buffalo, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who must have seen my profile on LinkedIn. They were very professional, did a standard interview, followed up by two mock sales pitches for the position. After that I was referred to a LS regional sales manager and then flown to Washington DC for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you use a needs based selling approach.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a package deal, take it or leave it. They can be accommodating on the start date.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a day later was contacted via email to set up an appointment for an initial phone interview. The phone interview was conducted in a professional way. They asked basic questions such as what my current job duties entailed and how a typical day at my current job looked. They also asked about the sales process at my company and how long a typical sale took from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unusual. Just the basic things like asking if I knew how Living Social worked.   Answer Question

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied online via Jobvite (this was a few years ago), had a phone interview a few days later, was brought in for a 1:1 interview which went well (if a little long), and was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Uncomfortable and condescending, but ultimately worked out in my favor.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

4 rounds, long day of interviews. it was very professional and made me want the job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LivingSocial in March 2013.

Interview

very informal I was already familiar with the people interviewing me. So the process went rather smoothly,more of an expedited process. Some questions were rather technical but the majority of them were culture and personality based.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

I met with some devs in my local office, but I knew most of them, so it was pretty informal. It's probably changed since there's more of a focus on cutting spending, but next I was flown to DC for an in person interview. I had a couple engineers ask me general questions about my background, one in person coding question, then a cultural fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected. The coding question might have had a Ruby bias to it, but that's not terribly unexpected as the company is mostly a Ruby shop.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was pretty simple and quick. The recruiter knew a lot about the team. Then it was all google hangout interviews with the team. Everyone was pretty laid back and working from home.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LivingSocial in September 2012.

Interview

Talked with other employees on the marketing team about my skills and experience. I shared ideas that I had come up with for potential strategies and tactics to implement. I was able to ask questions about why certain things had or hadn't been done. I spoke with about 5 different people, multiple times--via phone, in person, etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

Submitted an application through my school's career department. Heard from a LivingSocial recruiter a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well and seemed pretty standard. Asked questions like "why do you want to work for LivingSocial?" "What are your salary requirements" and was interested in my applicable background. He seemed like I had made it to the next stage of speaking with a manager, but never got back to me and when I called to check-up, I learned it was already filled.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

There is a lack of process here. I met with all the hiring Managers. When you go into the office to interview, you will probably get pushed through all rounds to move the interview process. It is a laid back environment and that is why you get random interviews. If you are a seasoned manager, you will probably interview with people that are not even close to your level. The managers are not looking for people who are great, so no one takes their job. I met the Sr. Director of Sales and he was there for 2 weeks, and even told me he was still interviewing and also starting his own company. This did not convince me that this is a place for me personal.