Cover image for LivingSocial

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

LivingSocial Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 339 of over 339 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

LivingSocial

Application

I interviewed at LivingSocial

Interview

A series of extremely reasonable interviews with all of the appropriate team members, followed by a small take-home assignment. The recruiter answered all of my questions along the way and followed up with me regularly.

Interview Questions
  • How to calculate payback periods
    Answer Question

LivingSocial

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in Feb 2018

Interview

3 entretiens, deux avec des responsables et un avec une RH. Bonne écoute générale, des travaux variés inspirés des bonnes pratiques américaines. Je fus traité avec respect par les différents collaborateurs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

LivingSocial

Application

I interviewed at LivingSocial

Interview

Overall, I thought the process was fair. I got the offer, which was nice. I think they chose me mainly on my previous background as a Market Strategist at Groupon.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LivingSocial

Application

I interviewed at LivingSocial

Interview

Phone interview first, then 4 different Interviews with managers, pretty laid back. Asked a lot of what if questions. Then sit with a sales person and shadow them for an hour.

Interview Questions
  • How would you sell me a highlighter?

LivingSocial

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial

Interview

Two team interviews, one HR phone interview, one senior exec phone interview. All were pretty standard and everyone was transparent that I was up against another candidate, which i appreciated.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for LivingSocial given your background in a different field

Anonymous Employee in Paris

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Paris) in Oct 2016

Interview

Went into the office to meet the sales manager. I was wildly overdressed compared to company standards. Relaxed interview that mainly gauged how you would fit in with the work/culture

Interview Questions
  • How would you sell a window cleaner an advertising spot on the website?

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in Aug 2016

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an on-site interview with the team. Very welcoming environment -- met friendly people from the beginning to end. No technical interview, more focused on cultural fit and ability to learn.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Very smooth and straight forward process. Got 3 interviews. 1 by phone -more like my background and position functions discussion. 2 other interviews where face to face with managers. No tricky or complicated questions.

Interview Questions
  • What experiences you think will allow you to be successful in this position ?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in Jun 2016

Interview

I interviewed twice over the phone, once with HR and the other with the managing director. It was smooth and effective. However, in-person was a different story. I met with a panel of many people, and I was not impressed with the "talent." Incredibly, the person who was being sent packing was part of the interview process. She claimed that I would be "replacing" her, notwithstanding the fact that her title was completely different than the one which I was interviewing her and she had immigration problems. It was obvious that most of the personnel are not educated or trained in business. However, I did meet with the CEO and was impressed with him and his ambitions for the company. I think he's very talented and smart, and should hire more MBA's.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had in my career. I credit this largely to the recruiting staff who were responsive, informative, very positive and enthusiastic about the company , and successfully coordinated the entire experience with feedback at each step. Starts with recruiter phone screen, then skype/google hangout interviews with peers/hiring manager, in-person interviews with larger team and presentation to panel of stakeholders. Great for determining skill set and culture fit.

Interview Questions
  • How would you solve for this particular e-commerce related business problem?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 339 Interviews

LivingSocial Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at LivingSocial as 50.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.94 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Account Manager and Marketing Consultant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Executive and Sales roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at LivingSocial takes an average of 16 days when considering 398 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Account Executive had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Marketing Consultant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days).

Common stages of the interview process at LivingSocial according to 398 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.25%