LivingSocial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LivingSocial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.9

Market Strategist Interview

Interview

Overall, I thought the process was fair. I got the offer, which was nice. I think they chose me mainly on my previous background as a Market Strategist at Groupon.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview first, then 4 different Interviews with managers, pretty laid back. Asked a lot of what if questions. Then sit with a sales person and shadow them for an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me a highlighter?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

Two team interviews, one HR phone interview, one senior exec phone interview. All were pretty standard and everyone was transparent that I was up against another candidate, which i appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for LivingSocial given your background in a different field   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an on-site interview with the team.
    Very welcoming environment -- met friendly people from the beginning to end.
    No technical interview, more focused on cultural fit and ability to learn.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very smooth and straight forward process. Got 3 interviews. 1 by phone -more like my background and position functions discussion. 2 other interviews where face to face with managers. No tricky or complicated questions.

Interview Questions

• What experiences you think will allow you to be successful in this position ?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed twice over the phone, once with HR and the other with the managing director. It was smooth and effective.

However, in-person was a different story. I met with a panel of many people, and I was not impressed with the "talent."
    Incredibly, the person who was being sent packing was part of the interview process. She claimed that I would be "replacing" her, notwithstanding the fact that her title was completely different than the one which I was interviewing her and she had immigration problems.

It was obvious that most of the personnel are not educated or trained in business.

However, I did meet with the CEO and was impressed with him and his ambitions for the company. I think he's very talented and smart, and should hire more MBA's.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of activities take place at your current job?   Answer Question

Product Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had in my career. I credit this largely to the recruiting staff who were responsive, informative, very positive and enthusiastic about the company , and successfully coordinated the entire experience with feedback at each step. Starts with recruiter phone screen, then skype/google hangout interviews with peers/hiring manager, in-person interviews with larger team and presentation to panel of stakeholders. Great for determining skill set and culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve for this particular e-commerce related business problem?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

Applied on their website- took a few weeks to hear back. Had 2 short phone interviews with HR and then a Skype interview with my potential managers. HR was really helpful and great to work with and the interviews were casual and not intimidating- basically just talked about my interest in the company, background, and what I could bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a current ad campaign that you think is really out of the box and effective. Why do you think so and how can LivingSocial do something out of the box in their marketing efforts.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC).

Interview

Fairly easy. Meet with four people - groups of twos. They run through your resume and ask about yourself. Ask why LivingSocial, and what is your take on the product. Each interview they say should be 30 minutes each, but they are definitely both shorter.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had an hour phone call with a recruiter, then coffee with the manager of the position. After these initial screenings I had an interview at the headquarters with the SVP of the department. After I passed that, I went through a "super day" which consisted of 7 or 8 half hour interviews plus a presentation. The last interview was very long and the presentation was nerve wracking but not that bad. All in all, the HR and recruiting really stood at to me as stellar and I was impressed with the entire experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a marketing playbook for new products?   Answer Question