MAQ Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MAQ Software

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on my University's job website. A recruiter called me a few days later and we had an introductory phone conversation, and then a couple weeks later I went in for a technical interview.

At the technical interview I talked to a Software Engineer who asked me technical questions, and then I talked to the recruiter who I talked to on the phone about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The Software Engineer asked me how I would design the tables for a database that kept track of customer information and purchase information for an online shopping site.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAQ Software in April 2015.

Interview

Emailing - Setup a time for a phone screen.
    Phone Screen - Asked why I was interested in the position. Asked if I had any questions about the position. I asked about work-life balance, as many have made negative reviews based on that aspect alone. I got a very dodgy response from the interviewer. He stated that it depends what position I am given (which didn't make sense since this screen was for the SDE position). I also was not prepared on why I was seeking a position at MAQ Software. I replied with a basic general response saying that I am entry-level and am interested in working on fast-paced projects. Overall, I got the idea that entry-level SDE are just there to communicate with their offices in India since I would have been given a Project Manager title.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAQ Software in April 2013.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward, they had an initial multiple choice questions round and then it was followed by a couple of rounds of interviews. The process was pretty quick, the total lead time from first interview to the result was 2 days.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were not difficult, they asked the same old the general questions which you find of the interviewing websites. They were really interested in my future career plans, they wanted to check if I would stick around.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAQ Software.

Interview

Had 4-5 rounds, most checked algorithms and last one was HR. The rounds did not get more difficult with rounds, all of the rounds were of same level. They were quick in responding and at times I got a mail from them for next round within 30 minutes of completion of one interview.

Interview Questions

• Easy to medium level questions from leetcode.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. They ask you to go to one of the meeting room and they will come in and ask you a simple algorithm question, after that if they like you the hiring management will come in the room and chat with you to see why you wanted to join them

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will call you and give you a day for two to make the decision

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 1 hour in person interview where the positions were explained and I was asked about some of the relavant experience listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you found and fixed a major bug, and what did you do?   1 Answer

I declined the offer because I was offered a position as a software dev in test, and I was looking for just a software dev position.

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

pretty informal most of the interview were done by the company i woul dbe contracting for

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA).

Interview

The process was simple. 30 minute phone interview talking about projects I've done and benefits the company offer. Then, they invited me for on site interview. There were two sessions; first session was with a PM, talking about my past projects, and the second session was with a UX designer in the team. I did some design exercise with the designer on whiteboard. Then I was given design exercise and after I submitted, they contacted me asking about start date. However, all of the sudden, they said that they would pause this process and resume in April, which I had no idea what this was about. They were not very clear if I have received offer or not.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a short conversation at school career fair and then I was invited for an on-site interview. The interviewer had my resume with him and asked me about research project I had done. After that, I was asked to write SQL queries according to the situation given by the interviewer.

Product Designer Contractor At Microsoft Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in July 2009.

Interview

They were very to the point, asking professional questions. Talk about your past career and some approaches you take on UX processes.

Interview Questions

• What is your process of creating icons? Lead me step by step.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary and they got back to me that it is not possible.