MAQ Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
MAQ Software Founder & Managing Consultant Rajeev Agarwal
Rajeev Agarwal

Cons

1. "Good company to learn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning, Latest technlogies, friendly colleagues

Cons

Long Working hours, Working Saturdays for trainees

"Culture change needed."

I worked at MAQ Software full-time

Pros

In US you will be a project manager no matter what position you are hired for.

Cons

You will not have the pay of a project manager. You will be illegally over allocated and ridiculously under paid. There is almost no diversity as the majority of employees are on Visa. They will actively fight against any career growth opportunities that occur outside the company. The culture needs to change.

My advice, take the job if it is a last resort find something positive to get you through the slog, but never stop looking and don't give up the hope of escape. It gets better.

Advice to Management

Cultural overhaul needed.
    1. Be more transparent with employees and customers. My ethics were constantly tested.
    2. You preach humble leadership but it is not practiced.
    3. Let employees work on projects they are passionate about.
    4. Learning hour should not be required. If the topic is good people will show up. If people do not show up then it is the topic that is bad, not the people.
    5. The office is filthy and does not provide any inspiration. When you look around and see filth it is hard to take pride in where you work.
    6. Most importantly put people first and respect their time, you are not McKinsey. Don't take attendance. Don't monitor comings and goings. Instead, monitor performance.

You have built a culture based on fear driven by ego and until this changes, turn over rate will be high and you will continue to lose talented people.

"Working together to achieve goals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

I have been at MAQ Software since 2003, meaning I have witnessed the growth and progress this company has made over the years. I know everyone talks about the teamwork here, but it really is the defining characteristic of what makes MAQ so special. The passion and dedication everyone has for this work is really incredible, and it's shown in each and every project we complete.

Cons

No company is perfect, and we've of course had a few glitches along the way, both financial and employee related. But the resilience of the people at MAQ, especially Mr. Agarwal, had always kept us on our feet and ready for the next challenge.

Advice to Management

None. Mr. Agarwal is just as skilled and knowledgeable in ITT as we are, which really helps with the collaborative fluidity of our work. Everyone here works together on a daily basis to keep the company growing to its fullest potential.

4. "The greatest minds in the industry!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The forward-thinking and creative minds here at MAQ Software are by far the most important part of what makes it such a good company to work for. We are always working together to come up with unique solutions to technological problems, which makes every day an adventure of sorts. I love what I do here, and I always try to make sure this is reflected in the work my team produces.

Cons

Nothing is more disappointing than working on a project for months, only to discover it has major bugs. While this is just part of the nature of the job, it can really affect morale. Luckily, we’re a resilient group that’s always ready to bounce back.

Advice to Management

I think Mr. Agarwal does a good job at staying up to date with what we’re working on, but I think it would be even better if he and the other members of management spent more time with us concerning our ideas and work.

5. "So much room to grow!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personally, the best part of working for MAQ Software is the capacity in which it has allowed me to grow both personally and professionally. Perfecting skills and learning new ones is the central mission here at MAQ, and it’s really great to be a part of this process.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about my job here. Everyone has been very encouraging and I feel that the mentor-like attitude between older and newer employees really helps us to be as productive as possible. We are always searching for ways to make things better, which is such a gratifying feeling.

Advice to Management

Mr. Agarwal and the other members of management are a pleasure to work with. They accept everyone with open arms and minds, and make sure new employees are well-prepared through the boot camp program they must complete before joining the team. Such a great idea, it has really made things run so much smoother!

6. "Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

They offer the option of contributing to a 401K plan - and they also do a match. This was a valued benefit - and did not seem typical at the time for contract agencies.

Cons

Most of their Marketing positions were on the low end of compensation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the monthly luncheons. It was nice to be able to meet with other contract employees.

"Great Place to Work, Learn and Advance Professionally"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being a project based company, there are a lot of great projects for leading Fortune 500 companies. In my time at the company, I received Agile Certified Practitioner from the Project Management Institute. The company paid for training and my certification. I worked on very good project following Agile techniques. The environment was fast-paced and action oriented. Not a lot of layers of management and great visibility. By following a disciplined approach to software projects, we were able to deliver great projects. There is little room for non-performers so they leave or are moved out instead of negatively impacting the customers. Core management team consists of five managers that ensure that customer projects are on-time and delivered well. High customer satisfaction.

Cons

Screen non-performers more quickly. Free them up earlier to opportunities outside the company. Keep up the high-performance culture.

Advice to Management

Many new employees have worked at large companies where little was expected of them. Many were on bench for months so they are unprepared to handle current software industry. Not enough is done to help them change their mindset about work. More could be done beyond sharing Founder Rajeev Agarwal's book, What I Did Not Learn at IIT which shares company culture and positive behaviors.

8. "Great"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at MAQ Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great to work. Work place is happening. Good development work are and exposure. good onsite oppurtunity if you have talent

Cons

Unnecessary activities by CEO which waste lot of time. Repeated activities becomes boring at pooint of time. HR are way too interruptive

"Hopeless"

Former Employee - Devops Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Devops Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time

Pros

I do not see any pros. May be good projects.Be professional and dont play with grad students life.I was asked to do an unpaid internship(full time). I agreed initially but based on the hectic and heavy work they gave I said I may come on and off and join full time from joining time.Buy against USCIS laws they made me work as a full time without pay during internship and evaluated me during the same.

Cons

The senior co workers are nagging who will not let you work peacefuly. You feel insecure and intimidated. Also they asked me to leave for no reason and withdrew my offer letter. SO folks I got offer and it was taken back in 15 days, I was neither given proper feed back nor a bootstrap. Impulsive management and they are too unprofessional.Please do not waste time applying for this company.Hiring process in very unplanned and unorganized. Office seems to be classroom where yes men get paid. Go look for better companies. My life was screwd in 15 days itself. Cant imagine how employees work there.They pay very less compared to other companies and expect 12 hours work a day.

Advice to Management

Have a decision making structure and think before you act. Do not play with students life.

MAQ Software Response

Feb 4, 2016 – Managing Consultant

Sorry, we apologize that you had a bad experience. The company provided you training and resources at your request. We discussed basic performance and attendance challenges with you. Since our ... More

"Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

small enough that you can get recognition and attention
    lots of room for growth, opportunities, and learning (It even has a learning hour every week for advancement of my knowledge)
    Great pay, and an understanding of work life balance ( the manager took the time to know where I commuted from and is understanding if I needed to leave early or arrive late due to traffic or family dinners)
    HR team is understanding and happy to direct me to any information I have questions with
    Company is very flexible

Cons

Not the right fit if you want a set schedule of things to do everyday
    Very project based, so sometimes it's hectic, and other times it's relaxed which can be stressful if you aren't adaptable to that sort of thing.
    small company means sometimes manager's attention can come across as micromanaging.

MAQ Software Response

Apr 25, 2016 – Managing Consultant

Thank you for your feedback.