Management Sciences for Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Management Sciences for Health Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview

Was initially recruited for a full time paid position and then was offered an unpaid internship. Overall it was a very bizarre process but ended up taking the position for more work experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in June 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes. I answered a few questions and got the offer. I was introduced to a project I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at MSH?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a call to schedule and interview. There was a 15-20 minute phone interview asking about my personal characteristics and why I was interested in the area of expertise, as well as telling me more about what I would actually be doing on the job. I got a call offering the position a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Pretty easy interview with both behavioral and technical questions conducted via skype. Only 1 interview before an offer was made. There was a panel of 4 people in my interview. From application to interview was about a month and a half (it was over the December holiday period, hence the lag) and from interview to offer was about 3 days (over a weekend).

Interview Questions

• When have you disappointed your boss? What happened? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate and I should have! The salary was really low to what I was expecting, which I found out was actually a lot more than other PAs usually start out with. Sad!

MEC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I had two interviews, I think. A grad-school colleague who worked at MSH shared my resume with her boss. Shortly after, HR contacted me to schedule an interview. The first interview was with the M&E and communications team (5 people I think), and the second interview (I think the following week?) was with the M&E Director. They called to make an offer a few days later. I tried to negotiate up, but they wouldn't budge.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the transition from research/academia to applied work.   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Friendly and assessing. Phone interview, than panel interview, 1:1 interview with the director then a writing test. People were warm and put you at ease during the interview but asked direct questions to assess how well you will fit with the team and your ability to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions to assess your experience related to the job.   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in May 2015.

Interview

Extremely scatterbrained, dysfunctional recruiting process.

Early May: MSH recruiter contacts me for phone screen regarding open position. They seemingly like what they hear, and ask me if I would be available for an interview.I live out of the area, but I mention that I'll actually be visiting Washington DC during the next week and could make time to come in then. MSH recruiter says that works and that he'll get back to me with a specific time, he never responds back. I assume they aren't interested, I take my trip to DC as planned.

Two weeks later: A second MSH rep, from the same office, contacts me about a second position. I apparently again pass the phone screen, as they ask for an interview, and after mentioning what happened with the first recruiter/interview, they offer to do a Skype interview instead. They send me a list of dates/times and I quickly reply back that most of them work for me and I'll do it at their convenience.

The next two weeks: the MSH recruiter continues to respond tardily to my confirmation emails, meaning that the proposed interview date gets pushed back multiple times. Since this is getting ridiculous and I want to come off like the likeable, flexible job candidate, I finally just tell her to pick a day and time that works on their end and that I will make sure that I'm available. Finally we settle on a time the following Monday morning.

The Friday afternoon before the interview: I receive a confirmation email for the recruiter, stating the date, time, who I'm supposed to be meeting with, and what time I'm expected to be in Washington DC. Shocked, I quickly respond back and say that I was under the impression that this would be a Skype interview, that last minute flight/accommodations are expensive, and that I had offered to do an in-person while I'd been in DC a couple weeks before , etc.

Monday morning: I finally get a clarification email from the recruiter, who apologizes for the confusion. At this point I'd already been offered and accepted a better-paying, better-fitting position elsewhere, so I was only doing the MSH interview for extra practice. The interview itself lasts an hour, followed by a language exam they ask you to perform while still on Skype that takes approximately another 45 minutes. I submit the exam, they tell me they'll be contacting me in a couple weeks either way.

Mid-July: Absolutely no contact from MSH, and very glad I found a better opportunity elsewhere.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Medford, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

interview process was fine until i was offered the job and was not allowed to speak with any current employees to get more info about the position. this would've been my first job out of college and not being allowed to speak to anyone under 50 at the organization was a huge turn off. in addition, i was given 2 DAYS to accept the offer, and HR was extremely unaccommodating and rude to me in trying to negotiate this. all of these issues really gave me a bad vibe from the organization, and after reading their reviews on glassdoor, it's clear they need to do something differently if they want people to stay with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within two weeks of applying for a phone interview. About a week later, I was contacted for a second in-person interview. The questions for the first interview were pretty standard, while they focused more on specifics of the position during the second one. While I did not get the position, the people in the office were very friendly, and I felt very comfortable during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted 3 weeks after I initially applied for the position online. The overall interview process was in 2 rounds over another 3 weeks. The screening process was long and tedious - similar to the job experience.