Management Sciences for Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Management Sciences for Health

2.7

Sort:

Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview

MSH likes conducting interviews in groups and there are usually two or three rounds of group interviews. Many of the questions are to find out if you are a going to be a good fit with the group of people you would closely work with. Follow-ups and next steps are slow because usually only one person can make the decision and they might be out on vacation or on TDY.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't allow for much negotiation. You were just told what the salary was and when you try to negotiate, you were told that the salary is the market rate for that position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in June 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes. I answered a few questions and got the offer. I was introduced to a project I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at MSH?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a call to schedule and interview. There was a 15-20 minute phone interview asking about my personal characteristics and why I was interested in the area of expertise, as well as telling me more about what I would actually be doing on the job. I got a call offering the position a week later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health.

Interview

Was initially recruited for a full time paid position and then was offered an unpaid internship. Overall it was a very bizarre process but ended up taking the position for more work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Arlington, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was emailed about coming in for an interview, set one up, and came in. The interview was one on one, very straightforward, and easy going. I was excited to work there and felt the interview went well but really couldn't tell either way until I got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• None, all of it was expected questions I've heard before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked about a possible stipend for travel expenses since the internship is unpaid and I'm working two jobs (in addition to school) to pay for this experience but it was denied.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Cambridge, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

HR rep emailed prescreening questionnaire, then called in for panel interview with hiring manager, project manager, and administrative coordinator. interview lasted 45 minutes asked very standard questions and did part of the interview in french. then the HR rep came in to ask logistical questions about salary, references, etc for 20 min

Interview Questions

Interview

I had an informational interview with an employee before the job was posted. Once the job was posted I sent my resume to the same employee, who then forwarded my information to HR. I was brought in for an in-person interview, and was offered the job shortly after. The interview consisted of a 3-person panel, and I was asked basic questions plus a question in French.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You need to negotiate hard with MSH. They will try to screw you over if you are shy about asking for more money. Ask for more until they state you have reached the cap.

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Cambridge, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is time consuming and cumbersome. I applied very recently for a new position and found the recruiter for this particular position to not understand the work I currently did, the work I was intending to do and where the responsibilities intersected. The hiring manager was aware of me and worked quite well to spite the lack of assistance from the recruiter. The particular recruiter, as I have found out internally, struggled to pass on my information to the manager. I had to pull from the other side. Please also note that the positions do not pay as well as the public sector, and an equivocal interview I later involved myself in offered me between 10-20k more annual salary to start.

Interview Questions

• I have completed 75% of the tasks for the position in which I applied. The most unexpected question was repetitive inquiry as to the state of my college degree. I have worked in a related field for 4 years, the job information indicated "or equivalent work experience" which I had.   1 Answer

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in May 2015.

Interview

Extremely scatterbrained, dysfunctional recruiting process.

Early May: MSH recruiter contacts me for phone screen regarding open position. They seemingly like what they hear, and ask me if I would be available for an interview.I live out of the area, but I mention that I'll actually be visiting Washington DC during the next week and could make time to come in then. MSH recruiter says that works and that he'll get back to me with a specific time, he never responds back. I assume they aren't interested, I take my trip to DC as planned.

Two weeks later: A second MSH rep, from the same office, contacts me about a second position. I apparently again pass the phone screen, as they ask for an interview, and after mentioning what happened with the first recruiter/interview, they offer to do a Skype interview instead. They send me a list of dates/times and I quickly reply back that most of them work for me and I'll do it at their convenience.

The next two weeks: the MSH recruiter continues to respond tardily to my confirmation emails, meaning that the proposed interview date gets pushed back multiple times. Since this is getting ridiculous and I want to come off like the likeable, flexible job candidate, I finally just tell her to pick a day and time that works on their end and that I will make sure that I'm available. Finally we settle on a time the following Monday morning.

The Friday afternoon before the interview: I receive a confirmation email for the recruiter, stating the date, time, who I'm supposed to be meeting with, and what time I'm expected to be in Washington DC. Shocked, I quickly respond back and say that I was under the impression that this would be a Skype interview, that last minute flight/accommodations are expensive, and that I had offered to do an in-person while I'd been in DC a couple weeks before , etc.

Monday morning: I finally get a clarification email from the recruiter, who apologizes for the confusion. At this point I'd already been offered and accepted a better-paying, better-fitting position elsewhere, so I was only doing the MSH interview for extra practice. The interview itself lasts an hour, followed by a language exam they ask you to perform while still on Skype that takes approximately another 45 minutes. I submit the exam, they tell me they'll be contacting me in a couple weeks either way.

Mid-July: Absolutely no contact from MSH, and very glad I found a better opportunity elsewhere.

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interviews with project director, communications staff and regional director for overseas position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were slow with very little communication from the recruiter until it suddenly got very rushed and urgent, but negotiations were not very difficult in the end. The junior recruiter without much experience was not very polite or pleasant to work with. Under other circumstances, the recruiter would have put me off and I may have declined the offer.